PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Am I imagining things or has the gameplay changed for the worse since the patch?

I can definitely tell that the gameplay has slowed down (I'm on -1) and that's whatever, but I started a new master league and all of a sudden it seems as though EVERY team I face play the exact same way and the terrible glued-onto-each-and-every-guy-of-your-team-at-all-times defense has also returned in a very bad way. There's been absolutely no change when it comes to goal keepers and it just doesn't feel near as fun as it did pre-patch.

Exactly my experience in ML. I am suspecting they patched the game back to some level of 2015, because it suddenly feels 'sticky' and 'rail-ish' again, with the tedious 1-0, and 0-0s of yesteryear back in all their glory. You have less time and less options when on the ball, COM is parking the bus in the back building an impenetrable wall, or always sticking the foot out in the last moment. Offensively they do nothing but spam lobbed throughballs down the middle – regardless of which team – which was something they did in 2015 and made me stop playing it because it was as if they were trying to emulate a 'serious' version of Sensible Soccer.

I also can't be arsed to go through the convoluted and ambiguous tactics menus yet again after I have already spend so much time adjusting things for the pre-patch game.

The shocking thing, however, is that exhibition matches feel absolutely wonderful. Even after the patch, they are organic, exciting, with lots of random moments and scrambles, unseen animations and a computer which at least has the semblance of a human approach. You see COM players actually lay off the ball and scan the pitch before they pull a lobbed through ball while in ML matches they kick it down the middle like braindead robots the second they gain possession. I can't for the life of me understand why different modes of the game should play so differently.

I'm pretty sure the update with the data pack was exactly the same size as this new one. Maybe we had to download the whole thing again, but this time with the banners fixed. Who knows. Konami's data system isn't exactly state of the art, smh.

This could be a "placebo" thing, but I just had a triple orgasm...actually that's abit much...
Anyways, 3 awesome games.. Played EPL, with kits etc, superstar manual, I swear the game is harder now... Keeper made some awesome saves down low. Again its only 3 games.. fouls.. bit more than before, but still a lot missed... so i dont think fouls have been altered one bit. Also, everything seems so damn smooth. Maybe its cause I played the pc version last night. Anyways, what do you guys reckon bout this new patch.. it probably is placebo as ive only played 3 games :) yep, irrelevant post hahahah

The shocking thing, however, is that exhibition matches feel absolutely wonderful. Even after the patch, they are organic, exciting, with lots of random moments and scrambles, unseen animations and a computer which at least has the semblance of a human approach. You see COM players actually lay off the ball and scan the pitch before they pull a lobbed through ball while in ML matches they kick it down the middle like braindead robots the second they gain possession. I can't for the life of me understand why different modes of the game should play so differently.
Absolutely 100% agree, good post.

This could be a "placebo" thing, but I just had a triple orgasm...actually that's abit much...
Anyways, 3 awesome games.. Played EPL, with kits etc, superstar manual, I swear the game is harder now... Keeper made some awesome saves down low. Again its only 3 games.. fouls.. bit more than before, but still a lot missed... so i dont think fouls have been altered one bit. Also, everything seems so damn smooth. Maybe its cause I played the pc version last night. Anyways, what do you guys reckon bout this new patch.. it probably is placebo as ive only played 3 games :) yep, irrelevant post hahahah

has the cpu AI taken high shots on goal?

Absolutely 100% agree, good post.

i would agree tho that exhibition games should be less competitive as in reality...BUT IN ML ONLY for god sake, as pre season tournaments, friendlies! where both team doesnt want injuries etc because not everyone have time to play leagues only exhibitions in the main menu

Last edited:
I had 3 day games from 7 with West Ham... plenty more in Serie B and Serie A with various teams. I agree in England its still too many night games, but still there are day in there

Also my game downloaded a 1GB update which Sony called 1.03 but in game its 1.2.1 or something.

Why 1GB for changing cup banners ffs! Seems a bit dramatic :D

still a bit weird that an english studio makes a football game about english game and they are not aware that most of the PL games are played afternoon in daylight. only monday a few monday games played at night and ofcourse the winter late afternoon games...but i dont expect that much complexity from this company nowdays

still a bit weird that an english studio makes a football game about english game and they are not aware that most of the PL games are played afternoon in daylight. only monday a few monday games played at night and ofcourse the winter late afternoon games...but i dont expect that much complexity from this company nowdays

It's not that they don't know. I am sure they know but the Japan studio does the programming while they have input into the aesthetic appeal. The back and forth communicating and timelines in all these things take forever most likely and lots of things most in translation.

I imagine this is how this goes.

In the industry I work in our supply base is in China and what you would consider a simple instruction becomes an incredibly difficult task if the right people aren't in place.

has the cpu AI taken high shots on goal?

afraid not. But... I had the ai shoot from outside the box, hitting the post about knee height and going in. Also had ai scoring a bicycle.. that was top corner. I personally haven't seen these types of goals from ai before, but some may have... I do feel the AI is definitely more varied in attack.. no longer just the high through ball and tap into low corner.

Ive noticed that the "jockey" R2 function works well now.. but this may have been improved since the last patch..but definitely easier and more effective to use than pre-patched game.

Are you guys noticing that the game looks even smoother now than previously.. I know it may be placebo, but damn it looked good today... again it could be that I was used to the pc version which I played the other day (a hack now allows you to customise the angle on dynamic view.. amazing really!!).

The reason most English games look at night is because day games with clouds or rain look like night

When Adam was interviewed about the weather he said that English games would have worse. That set alarm bells ringing with me as they never introduce anything balanced. They will see it as a cool feature that English games have bad weather, when in fact the result is playing the game in dull add fuck graphics for the majority of your gaming experience

So... online...

Why do I never see anyone online in ANY of the lobbies, as in ANYONE?!

Also is everyone else only getting 5 servers, Ireland being the only one in the EU? :BLINK:

The other 4 are 3 in the US and one in South America...

Back
Top Bottom