PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Chris, I made about 1000 posts talking about the lack of responsiveness between jogging/running/sprinting responsiveness, this is another example.

You've mentioned responsiveness several times, yes. But often I don't think the term 'responsiveness' fits the situation you, or other people to which you're replying, are talking about. Sometimes it's agility of players, sometimes it's response times to controls, often it's your tapping R1 thing, sometimes it's dodgy transitions from one movement animation to another... If you just apply the blanket term 'responsiveness' across all of these, then, yeah, you will probably use the term 1000 times. It isn't a particularly accurate term a lot of the time, but you'll get a lot of use out of it.

In the video Chris uploaded, the problem wasn't responsiveness. If anything it's either a clumsy attempt at representing someone who isn't very good at pressing, or dodgy pathfinding. PES has undoubtedly had something vaguely like this since before PES 2014, just as PES 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010 all had dodgy 'responsiveness' in a number of areas outside of your R1 thing.

Last edited:
In the video Chris uploaded, the problem wasn't responsiveness. If anything it's either a clumsy attempt at representing someone who isn't very good at pressing, or dodgy pathfinding.
I'd say the former - although I'd say it's the AI restricting my player's effectiveness due to the difference in quality between the teams - because when I play a team at the same level as mine, there are no "pathfinding" issues.

I only see what I recorded when I play a better team than mine, and this isn't the first year I've seen it happen in PES.

Imagine Konami releasing a DLC for fouls and another for goalkeepers and charging us for them ;)

FFS don't be giving them ideas like that. They've no intention of fixing fuck all by the looks of it. I always got the impression that the two A's preferred Fifa and the dream is to make some hybrid.

Konami are only interested in the online side of things and most of the kids who go online are only interested in Madrid, Barcelona or Man Utd banging in six past their opponents.

When I turned on the Ps3 today one of their bulletins had some shite about a patch or something tomorrow to fix banners in the game. . .I give up.

When I turned on the Ps3 today one of their bulletins had some shite about a patch or something tomorrow to fix banners in the game. . .I give up.
The worry isn't that they fix stuff like this (it's a small enough fix) - the worry is that they don't see the goalkeepers and the lack of fouls and everything else as issues that need fixing.

I don't think they ever will, either (I had faith after Adam's "we'll see if people think it's TOO hard to score now" tweet, referring to the changes in the October update, but - as much as I like Adam - that was clearly a lie, now that the update is upon us and scorelines are still a joke).

The worry isn't that they fix stuff like this (it's a small enough fix) - the worry is that they don't see the goalkeepers and the lack of fouls and everything else as issues that need fixing.

I don't think they ever will, either (I had faith after Adam's "we'll see if people think it's TOO hard to score now" tweet, referring to the changes in the October update, but - as much as I like Adam - that was clearly a lie, now that the update is upon us and scorelines are still a joke).

Scorelines are worse . . of course they see the problems they just can't be arsed or they deliberately want it like that for fun end to end goalfests!

You've mentioned responsiveness several times, yes. But often I don't think the term 'responsiveness' fits the situation you, or other people to which you're replying, are talking about. Sometimes it's agility of players, sometimes it's response times to controls, often it's your tapping R1 thing, sometimes it's dodgy transitions from one movement animation to another... If you just apply the blanket term 'responsiveness' across all of these, then, yeah, you will probably use the term 1000 times. It isn't a particularly accurate term a lot of the time, but you'll get a lot of use out of it.

Thing is romi, all aspects of character control when it comes to any games is about response to an input. So I'm going back to reference that principle :)

When you look at the movement types in terms of walking, jogging, running then sprinting and all those inbetween which happen in motion, how responsive and dynamic these transitions are really show the games core and what is capable of happening. I call it a gradient from slow to walking all the way to sprinting.

In the video Chris uploaded, the problem wasn't responsiveness. If anything it's either a clumsy attempt at representing someone who isn't very good at pressing, or dodgy pathfinding. PES has undoubtedly had something vaguely like this since before PES 2014, just as PES 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010 all had dodgy 'responsiveness' in a number of areas outside of your R1 thing.

Bugs happen in certain instances in any game, some more than other due to incompetent programming, the question always comes back into the point of if this is part of a core issue or if a given instance or sequence causes the problem.

Take this demon possession bug which i uploaded on my channel, i see this as bad programming in accordance to players trapping the ball at a certain speed, since its something i saw at least 3-4 times in the matches I played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXSZBSsocQg

Chris's video which is an issue with players closing down the opposition properly and the bad transition between the running and jogging is for me and what I have seen an example of the core responsiveness between slow walking, jockey, jog to sprinting not being advanced enough and smooth another along a gradient of speed to show.

I say this a football game fanatic who believes is healthy and good to share our awareness of how certain parts of the programming work so we can better understand the game and where it can and needs to improve ) ..

Am I imagining things or has the gameplay changed for the worse since the patch?

I can definitely tell that the gameplay has slowed down (I'm on -1) and that's whatever, but I started a new master league and all of a sudden it seems as though EVERY team I face play the exact same way and the terrible glued-onto-each-and-every-guy-of-your-team-at-all-times defense has also returned in a very bad way. There's been absolutely no change when it comes to goal keepers and it just doesn't feel near as fun as it did pre-patch.

Am I imagining things or has the gameplay changed for the worse since the patch?

I can definitely tell that the gameplay has slowed down (I'm on -1) and that's whatever, but I started a new master league and all of a sudden it seems as though EVERY team I face play the exact same way and the terrible glued-onto-each-and-every-guy-of-your-team-at-all-times defense has also returned in a very bad way. There's been absolutely no change when it comes to goal keepers and it just doesn't feel near as fun as it did pre-patch.

Yeah it felt faster for a few games but it's definitely slower, I had to go back to 0 speed. Playing on Superstar manual and at the moment the AI defences are rock solid. . .very difficult to break down . .played one particular match and barely made it into the opposition's box. . they're really closing the forwards down.

I'd say the former - although I'd say it's the AI restricting my player's effectiveness due to the difference in quality between the teams - because when I play a team at the same level as mine, there are no "pathfinding" issues.

I only see what I recorded when I play a better team than mine, and this isn't the first year I've seen it happen in PES.

Yeah been banging about this issue since PES 2012 it has a knock on effect online which BTW is where I spend most of my playing time. If you use lesser teams the game scripts events against you so your defenders will stumble against stronger opponents or you keeper who would usually make straight forward saves will parry more often and other problems. It makes it near impossible to beat the twats who continuously choose the top teams online.

Gone are the days of using tactical guile and skill to completely outplay the likes of Brazil with South Africa sigh I miss those days

Problem is though is this a realistic expectation on my side. Is the kid sitting on the other end not going to buy it because Neymar couldn't out sprint Ncongqa?
My first dodgy youtube video:
https://youtu.be/voR95EpI8LE

Lovely goal

Last edited:
Imagine Konami releasing a DLC for fouls and another for goalkeepers and charging us for them ;)

They would probably make us pay for it first, then the DLC wouldn't work right. Then they would apologize and say it will be fixed sometime "this year."

I swear, if Konami charges anything more than a small amount for their Euro 2016 DLC (which will contain mostly fake kits and players), I'm going to laugh.

i dont think that DLC will contain more than the euro ball, the scoreboard, the final stadium, and the mode with menus and music. THATS IT...oh and boots and faces, national team lineups according to march but hey live update makes them up to date in exhibition for sure....dont even dream about kits! maaaybe only for already licenced teams

and yes it will cost money, just like the fake WC did, so it could cost even more

Gone are the days of using tactical guile and skill to completely outplay the likes of Brazil with South Africa sigh I miss those days
This, this and this again.

All year I wait for the new football games to come out, just to see if we get back to this state of affairs.

In-fact, 3 or 4 years ago now, I was lucky enough to be invited to EA in Vancouver and spoke to, amongst others, Simon Humber (who's sadly passed away) about exactly this - and he said the team there was dedicated to making this happen at some point, but that they hadn't been able to crack it (nor have they since).

But that's the dream, for me - a FIFA and/or a PES that you can win with tactical intelligence rather than mastery of trick-sticks and filling your team with "pace 99" players.

I think I have found a bug, which could be easily addressed if someone makes the developers aware. It they would care.

There are no rainy games in CL matches (except exhibition)!!!!

playing on PS4 by the way

Yeah been banging about this issue since PES 2012 it has a knock on effect online which BTW is where I spend most of my playing time. If you use lesser teams the game scripts events against you so your defenders will stumble against stronger opponents or you keeper who would usually make straight forward saves will parry more often and other problems. It makes it near impossible to beat the twats who continuously choose the top teams online.

Problem is though is this a realistic expectation on my side. Is the kid sitting on the other end not going to buy it because Neymar couldn't out sprint Ncongqa?

Lovely goal

You taking about online this is hard, near impossible to do because I see your point, offline though you can create a variety of park the bus style strategies to get something when playing vs Brazil using South Africa of course :SMUG:

This, this and this again.

All year I wait for the new football games to come out, just to see if we get back to this state of affairs.

In-fact, 3 or 4 years ago now, I was lucky enough to be invited to EA in Vancouver and spoke to, amongst others, Simon Humber (who's sadly passed away) about exactly this - and he said the team there was dedicated to making this happen at some point, but that they hadn't been able to crack it (nor have they since).

But that's the dream, for me - a FIFA and/or a PES that you can win with tactical intelligence rather than mastery of trick-sticks and filling your team with "pace 99" players.

You can and have been able to offline for years in PES, ahh well id say 2011/2013 especially and even last year with 2015. Online is a different story like Zee is saying where big teams get too much advantage.

FIFA is and has always been dead tactically bar FIFA 09/10 in the early years of custom tactics when EA actually made an effort with them. Sliders has made this worse also.

PES 2016 is a heavily tactical game again but I'm too sure about 2016 if your able to take on teams like Barca, Madrid with minor teams. The strong teams just kicking your ass so badly you don't really have a prayer at times. I've played against Barca a few times with a few weak teams and each time I've conceded at least 4 goals, even when trying to park the bus, the movement of Messi and Neymar is just way too much. Messi on this game just scores goals from angles and situations most players wont even be aware they could score.

Last edited:
I think I have found a bug, which could be easily addressed if someone makes the developers aware. It they would care.

There are no rainy games in CL matches (except exhibition)!!!!

playing on PS4 by the way

There's probably some random line of code that they forgot to put in, and everyone plays MyClub and online crap so no one has tweeted or emailed them to complain. It's the same with all the other offline problems.

B-Man ‏@Bryan_WENB 3h3 hours ago
That Muller goal you can't score in #PES2016 - low, hard, curling shot. R2 shot is wrong. Say what u will about FIFA but shooting is better

@Rage06 @_FULCH shooting in general, the variety, the way you have to have your body positioned to get a quality shot on target is better to

@Rage06 @_FULCH pes on ps2 had this. If your body wasn't in a good position your shot would be weak or off target. EA does this well.

B-Man was always the most sympatic of all at WENB. and this guy speaks from my heart. SOME JOURNALIST FINALLY who could have influence on the game!

CTAoWgyW4AAzbPG.jpg

shirtless competition winning celebration on PSX! :D dear lord gotta dig up these games. another thing to add to the its been removed list

iv just started downloading the new patch thats ment to give us the remaining transfers, the patch is 1.09G, cant be just transfers, is there a chance there could be any gameplay fixes.

iv just started downloading the new patch thats ment to give us the remaining transfers, the patch is 1.09G, cant be just transfers, is there a chance there could be any gameplay fixes.

Thats not the transfers Jimi. . . that's for fixing banners or some shit. transfers won't be til December I'd say.

hang on.. mine says version 1.2.01 version and data pack 1.00...not version 1.03
whats yours say jimi..anyways gonna start some games..

Only thing it says has changed is online banners etc... so how it could be over a gig for just that. Says transfer fix is in next patch coming sometime in the year

Back
Top Bottom