PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

From a selfish point of view, id rather Konami ditched the PC version at least... and if possible the XBOX and just focus on PS4.

Time and money can be saved that way, as well as put all resources into making 1 great game.
They certainly won't ditch the PS3 and Xbox360 versions yet.

From a selfish point of view, id rather Konami ditched the PC version at least... and if possible the XBOX and just focus on PS4.

Time and money can be saved that way, as well as put all resources into making 1 great game.

Or they could just reverse what you said and just focus on PC, from a selfish point of view, that is ;)

@proxi & @Chris Davies

Both your posts left me in hysterics. It's incredibly infuriating and instantly ruins the experience for me and puts me in a foul mood for about an hour afterwards yet, reading about it or thinking about it in hindsight, it's humorous because of how ridiculously blatant the cheating can be.

It seems to be this bullshit handicap the game enforces on you especially in any competition mode to simulate difficultly that just ends up feeling ultra cheap and breaks all immersion.

Yeah Top Spin wasant too bad

2k made ice hockey games too and their last game is still way better than what EA is producing even now!!

What i should had said is 2K sports have very little to zero experience with football, or should i say soccer.

I think like i mentioned I'd rather see Square Enix who are Japan based shift the whole PES team to their offices.

The Problem i see is Konami as a horrible company who have lost interest in Video games, not the PES Team.

I truly think this franchise will never raise again. Konami just don't have it anymore. I have lost all faith in Konami over the last years.

They are trying to make a game for everyone, easy to pick up and easy to play. They come with all this pass and shot assistance and are trying to please everyone. But there is already a game out there that have all this kind of stuff. And this game is making things way better and it has all leagues and clubs and players and a fantastic atmosphere and much more game modes and way better support etc.

Konami will never ever beat EA this way again. They need a turnaround a new way a new vision. Don't make the game easy, make it real. Make it easy to pick up and hard to master. Get rid of all this assistance shit and make it equal for everyone. Make a game that is based only on the player stats. Make every player in the game unique by his stats and let the gamer really feel the difference between each and any player on the pitch. Maybe get rid of all level of difficulty (Top Player, Superstar etc) too and make the game easier if you play with Bayern and harder if you play with Ingoldstadt. Go new ways and make something new and different from the game that EA sells like hell. And if you think you can't sell enough copys with making a game for simulation-freaks only then give us atleast 2 game-modes. A simulation-mode and an arcade-mode just like 2k does with nba2k.

But all of this is just wishful thinking by myself. They don't have it anymore. I really believe they lost the passion for football and now it is all about money. They know there are so much football fans all around the world who are willing to buy a football game no matter how great it really is. They know if they keep the franchise alive they will sell enough copys to make enough money. And that is what they are doing, keeping this game alive with very little effort. Just enough to sell it every year as a new game with "improvements" here and there. You can see this clearly. They are developing the game so unbelievable slow, they are putting no effort in things like updates roster etc. Hey! This Year we have 20 new Animations - wow! They are keeping this game just alive because it is still worth it.

If i play the game i don't feel passion, i don't see anything innovative, i don't see the love for details, for the little things that makes football the greatest sport on earth. Year after year it is just the same with minor changes. One year passing feels good, next year it feels completely different and the year following they will change it again.

Look at the PS3-Version of the game. What have they done they whole year? They are selling PES16 as a new game but what is really new? It's a joke. They are so fucking slow developing the game this can't be serious. I really believe they are just keeping everything alive with as less effort as possible so they can have the most possible profit. For me this is the only solid explanation for things like the roster-disaster, non-existing atmosphere for years! and so on. I lost all faith.

What i should had said is 2K sports have very little to zero experience with football, or should i say soccer.

I think you are right. NBA2k is fantastic but 2k clearly love this sport and knows everything about it. And that is the base for everything. I don't thing they have the same passion and knowledge for football. I don't know it of course but i doubt it.

Just to "prove" the "CPU will slow you down mid-run" thing (though obviously it won't be enough for everyone)...

I'm Preston (white shirts), controlling the guy in pink boots at the top and middle of the screen (initial camera angle).

I start running towards the guy who's clearly going to receive the pass, and my player switches from "sprint" to "meander" and then back to "sprint" just too late to get the ball back (what a coincidence, not).

No it's not an animation glitch, it's not a game glitch, I'm not suddenly pressing a different button, and it only happens when I'm running towards the right player, in a match where I'm the weaker team (doesn't happen when I'm the better team).

What's the point, honestly.

http://youtu.be/MXV2I-4Bp_A

Last edited:
Chris, I made about 1000 posts talking about the lack of responsiveness between jogging/running/sprinting responsiveness, this is another example.

This has been a feature on the new engine from 2014-2016, it is essentially the games core problem. Even the fouls issue is related in a sense that unlike in PES you get alack off 50/50 tackles and collisions happening at all.

The only cheating I have seen is the AI can get away with some blatant shoulder barges when they are winning, the ref becomes biased.

I think you are right. NBA2k is fantastic but 2k clearly love this sport and knows everything about it. And that is the base for everything. I don't thing they have the same passion and knowledge for football. I don't know it of course but i doubt it.

I agree with you point that PES will never reach its potential under Konami, the PES productions need to move to another organisation who will invest and employ enough people to see this happen as Konami are only in it for themselves.

Last edited:
Chris - that looks like the kind of thing they would do when the AI plays a through ball and your defender gets pulled back magically then starts running again. I remember seeing that a fair bit on FIFA 14.

Just checked its custom 7 4 0

Tried it on the demo last night and it felt quite good. Gameplay was enjoyable for sure. Will see if I can pick up a full version of the game for a cheaper price at some point. Ridiculous that I've only seen it once here on Xbox One and it costs more than FIFA...for a less complete product.

Chris, I made about 1000 posts talking about the lack of responsiveness between jogging/running/sprinting responsiveness, this is another example.
Fair enough, but I've never seen it outside of a situation like the above, and I never see it in a game between equally matched teams. I've seen this same cheat - or whatever you would describe it as - in the PS2 games. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the game's methods of stopping an unrealistic result from happening, along with the first-touches straight to an opposition player, goals straight from kick off (this is a new one for me) and referees who let CPU players break your legs.

I play against a good Premier League team (as a poor one) and whatever their tactics, they don't even need to look up to hit a pass, let alone swing their leg an equivalent amount to justify the power in their (instant) pass. That's bad enough, but the cheating... It just stinks.

Can't get any joy out of it offline or online this year - I keep trying, and when I play a team of a similar calibre you can just smell that potential... And then you play a better team, and suddenly your team are playing like they're nailed to the floor (and this is the umpteenth release where I've described playing the CPU using those exact words).

Like you've said, Konami are holding back all the potential. I guess this game is the result of a development team that is so badly treated and/or constantly changing (who'd want to work for Konami when you've read about the working conditions) nobody knows what's going on.

No updates will fix this stuff, though, and there won't be big gameplay changes next year based on the reviews this one got (which still baffle me - not that someone can enjoy the game because that's clearly a popular opinion, but that so few of them spotted - or at least spoke about - the very clear flaws that arise after your fourth or fifth 4-3 in a row).

Chris - that looks like the kind of thing they would do when the AI plays a through ball and your defender gets pulled back magically then starts running again. I remember seeing that a fair bit on FIFA 14.
Two wrongs and all that...

Last edited:
Oh God, how stupid I am...

Sometimes I completely forget that I play 15min matchs and the ps4 limitation to record the last 15mjn matchs, so it doesnt fit in one record the whole match, you have to record the first half and second half individually.

The reason why Im saying this its because I recorded two, unfortunetly not full, offline matchs of Master Leagu that were ABSOLUTETLY SPETACULAR! Not these two match, but all the matchs I played tonight have been a joy.

Guys, I dont understand this game, I dont, I simply dont. How the hell a game can vary from an average game to an absolutetly incredible game is beyond me.

I cant even describe how good, how fucking good the game has been tonight for me. My TeamSpirit reached 94 now, I think that contributes. I also, for the first time ever, used fluid formation properly. I am playing as Santos, a team that is known here for being offensive, I set the team to play with high attacking support leaving just one midfield defender behind and four attacking midfielders supporting attack. The high attacking support combined with the amazing off the movement and the absolutetly beautiful freedom that the manual passing offers give almost an endless options to organize my attacking plays.

this game, when the cpu doesnt want to screw it all, really is on a other level when it comes to players movement on the field, tatics, players behaviour to replicate the playstyle and tatics of your team, possibilities of different attacking plays etc.

I also set the team (without the ball) to play with a very high defence line and high pressure on opponents defencs. Sao Paulo (my last game) play in a same style defensively, they are very agressive, and the midfield battle of some moments of the matchs was so fucking intense, it was sublime.

I understand those who are happy with this game now. When the cpu is playing more fairly with the better teams and once you better organize your team tatticaly and reach a good TeamSpirit, it really is a game that is on another level when compared to ANY game ever released, not ignoring some of its flaws of course.

Last edited:
Had a chance to sit down and play the game yesterday. I'm starting to feel that the right way to play the game is play full manuals at least 20 minute games.

I used to play 10 minutes because in pes 2015 the game was broken and if you play more than 10 minutes in ML the other games would get unrealistic high scores, so I got used to playing 10 mins.

I tested some matches in 20 minutes settings and it just feels better. The main reason is you have more time. more time to think so when you attack you don't only think of scoring, but you have more time to look for openings, spot runs made by your team mate, patiently knock the ball around, etc. That goes also for defending, where in 10 minute games I tend to just go for the opposite player with the ball trying to get the ball back as fast as I can. But in 20 mins or more, you can just wait and sit back, protect your lines and cover the runs made by the AI, in the end you have a stronger defense.

I don't know, in 10 minutes settings everything is just too rushed which makes it feel arcady and unrealistic if you get what I mean.

I know this aint ps4 related, but ive just made 2 small clips of some of the camera customisation available on pc version via the sider2.3 tool.. pretty amazing. Just wish you could do these angles for ps4 as its the best version (more responsive, better lighting, and ever so slightly more smooth than pc version). Bare in mind that both clips are not in 16:9 and don't show the full width of how it really looks.. vine doesn't allow widescreen:

https://vine.co/v/eLWhFjlM7hJ

and

https://vine.co/v/eLWMH6QwwZp - slightly closer

https://vine.co/v/eLW1OpvXjTt - same view as above, and volleys look good :)

Last edited:
[/COLOR]

in part time job!

yeah volleys and headers are good (asid some weird slow mo header animation. there should be weak headers tho but these just seem weird)

Yep.. only really see this in volleys. Realistically, shots (shot power) should be way more sensitive than they currently are and errors much greater...really would add to the realism. Anything close to full bar should be out of the stadium. Volleys and headers should be even more sensitive than the normal shots, as should first time hits.

Yep.. only really see this in volleys. Realistically, shots (shot power) should be way more sensitive than they currently are and errors much greater...really would add to the realism. Anything close to full bar should be out of the stadium. Volleys and headers should be even more sensitive than the normal shots, as should first time hits.

Unfortunately, this is where I see PES lagging behind FIFA at the moment. Not in the volleys and headers per se, but the sense that there are limited number of outcomes. Tactical depth aside, it does seem to be quite a basic game at this point in time. Running, dribbling, shot trajectory, animations etc...you see new things from time to time but there certainly isn't enough variety or freedom yet. Hopefully that will come in due course...but I won't be holding my breath.

Unfortunately, this is where I see PES lagging behind FIFA at the moment. Not in the volleys and headers per se, but the sense that there are limited number of outcomes. Tactical depth aside, it does seem to be quite a basic game at this point in time. Running, dribbling, shot trajectory, animations etc...you see new things from time to time but there certainly isn't enough variety or freedom yet. Hopefully that will come in due course...but I won't be holding my breath.

Yeah good points. I wouldn't quite say lacking freedom, as I think the simplicity of this game actually creates more freedom, ie. easier control scheme etc.. but yes.. lacking VARIATION. Not sure about the Fifa engine, but isn't Pes 16 quite a new engine (meaning didn't it really evolve from 14/15 being the beginning)?? In that case, there is obviously a lot to add... For me 16 is the perfect base.. so much good.. but next version, as we all agree on, really needs to build on this (not change too much), by adding more animations (including better transitions), and just as important, the added OUTCOMES and VARIATIONS to shooting. (Konami's incompetence aside) This years version makes me quite optimistic and excited about future releases, providing they keep building on this engine and this years gameplay.

BTW, your comment about fifa (its variations etc) is the reason I actually play it every now and then. I love the fact that you can do some much more control wise as well. Look and feel of the game has more of on a impact on me though.

Last edited:
... btw.. any Aussies experienced better online play (full manual)??? A mate of mine has said that post-patch has created a better experience with less lag online.

Also, does the post-patched game allow you to actually communicate online via the microphone?? You couldn't communicate with your opponent via the mic on the pre-patched game... unlike pes15 online.

Having read most of this thread I thought I would edit to see what I could get out of the game.

I started testing against Leicester I play as Spurs.

If I play a ml they are always the first fixture so was a good team to test.

With no edits I could comfortably win by a couple of goals every time.

I play top player, full manual.

Leicester felt easy to play against, no pressure and hardly any chances.

I began by editing every Leicester play adding play styles, putting defenders to destroyer lb and rub to track back as well as the cm,dm.

Jamie vardy was a good one as an example as he offered nothing before I edited his skills eg plays on last defender,finisher etc.

I used who scored.com for the players styles.

I then changed the tactics, attack down wings long ish ball etc again from watching Leicester and using play styles from who scored.com.

The difference was amazing, played 5 games and all were tight affairs.
The last match finished 1-1 proper midfield battle 51-49% possession and got fouled 5 times with 2 yellow cards.
They were attacking exactly how I wanted, down wings with Mahrez at pace with vardy getting to get into the box.

I feel that it's all there in this game it's just a case of unlocking it.

We shouldn't have to do the work of the developers but they have been extremely lazy regards to players styles etc.

It's gonna take a lot of work to get this game how I want it but so far it's been worth the effort.

This game is so heavily dependent on stats and tactics to give a great experience.

Problem is that Konami are not even able to give us full up to date rosters what's the chances we can expect proper team tactics.

I want to vomit when I think they spend time on shit like boots/faces stadia when there is gameplay to be looked after.

I also want to have a sit down with their project manager and understand what exactly the fuck they do when they are never meeting deadlines and always playing catch up. .
Konami are not inexperienced or incapable it's just how things are run that makes them look like noobs.

Last edited:
cant help but to think this whole roster f*up is made on porpuse to draw all the attention from that they cant add fouls to this game and cant tweak shooting at all. :D

This game is so heavily dependent on stats and tactics to give a great experience.

Problem is that Konami are not even able to give us full up to date rosters what's the chances we can expect proper team tactics.

I want to von it when I think they spend time on shit like boots/faces stadia when there is gameplay to be looked after.

I also want to have a sit down with their project manager and understand what exactly the fuck the do when they are never meeting deadlines and always playing catch up. .
Konami are not inexperienced or incapable it's just how things are run that makes them look like noobs.

yeah someone should point out to them to stop creating those fucking boots, and adjust the team tactics instead, its a fkn no brainer

... btw.. any Aussies experienced better online play (full manual)??? A mate of mine has said that post-patch has created a better experience with less lag online.

Also, does the post-patched game allow you to actually communicate online via the microphone?? You couldn't communicate with your opponent via the mic on the pre-patched game... unlike pes15 online.

sorry dude, im still lagging and its frustrating atm, see how it is after the 2nd patch

yeah someone should point out to them to stop creating those fucking boots, and adjust the team tactics instead, its a fkn no brainer
The trouble with this argument is that they have an art department and a programming department - one doesn't affect the other, so they should be able to keep pumping out assets nobody gives a fuck about* and fix the gameplay.

The higher-ups allocate budget, and once your department has that budget, they sure-as-hell spend it. They shouldn't need to shutter one department to make the other function at a basic-enough-level to fix the most glaring issues.

And they don't need to - they just need to get a decent team of programmers, give them decent working conditions, offer them enough money to keep them together, and create a structure where everyone knows what they're doing.

But this is Konami we're talking about. Their business practices leave a lot to be desired. Cutting off all their other projects won't lead to PES or MGS getting better, IMO - it'll just mean that they continue to exist, badly.

Some of the simply ridiculous issues - no camera adjustments when playing online, for example - are no doubt caused by that bit of development being a total oversight due to communication problems and/or programmers coming and going (there's no way that's a design decision). Same applies to pass assistance levels all being the same.

For me, the FIFA team gives 100% but falls short due to a lack of deeper knowledge about the sport - the PES team gives 50% (and is half the size) due to piss-poor management. Imagine it at 100%...

* Bear in mind there are actually people who place boots and nets above everything else, so in this respect, Konami definitely knows its audience...

Last edited:
cant help but to think this whole roster f*up is made on porpuse to draw all the attention from that they cant add fouls to this game and cant tweak shooting at all. :D

Imagine Konami releasing a DLC for fouls and another for goalkeepers and charging us for them ;)

Back
Top Bottom