PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Chimps please?

As the teams I was using were pretty decent in the first place they didn’t need their stats boosted that much. I think I took defensive prowess and tackling up by 3 or 4 for CM, DM and CB’s and took the keeper stats I mentioned up to high eighties to mid-nineties depending on the quality of the keeper. I think I also upped the balance slightly of some defenders. I think keepers who aren’t top level, should probably have stats around the low 80’s to mid-80s, but this needs more testing.

I also changed some of the tactics of teams which were set to very attacking set ups to less attacking by changing ‘Many’ for numbers in attack to normal

I am not sure, but I think heading stats for forwards may need improved as a lot of my headers seem weak. This might just be me having not mastered this yet, but I think others have commented on this

“Hi PES Fans,

There has been an issue with the latest Data Pack released October 29th, and we wanted to reach out to our fans to let you know just how we’re dealing with this current situation.

Currently the roster update for offline play which impacts Master League, competitions and edit mode is not complete, missing the final few days of transfers. The online modes, such as ranked matches, myClub and exhibition mode using Live Updates are up to date, as they were from October 2nd – and they remain unaffected.

We’ve received many questions regarding why offline and online are unique, and right now I wanted to explain that the systems being used for online updates are separated from offline due to the process we need to go through, with patch data including lists that needs to be checked internally and externally and may take weeks before the distribution.

The roster issue is a priority for us to correct ASAP, but will take some weeks unfortunately. We had planned a second Data Pack for end of November which was set to include a new stadium for PS4 and Xbox One, the Maracana. However, we will not release this Data Pack without including a fix for the offline roster issue.

Right now we have removed the planned Data Pack from our schedule so we can implement the fix required. We will then go through the process to get it out as soon as possible. We’ll update the fans on our official social channels as soon as we have information on this.

The extra time needed will also be used to add more content into the game that wasn’t planned at this stage, such as new kits and boots, as well as any other content the time allows. We’ll provide a list of extra content once set. We appreciate this doesn’t suddenly make this situation better, but we do want to show desire to make good on the situation for the fans.

We also want to take the opportunity to sincerely apologise to those fans affected by this issue. It’s frustrating for the fans, and for the team making the game. We assure everyone that we have learnt from this situation, and confirm designs to improve situations like these are currently being considered for future products.

Thanks for your continued support, and sorry once again,

PES Team”

The roster issue is a priority for us to correct ASAP, but will take some weeks unfortunately.

We had planned a second Data Pack for end of November which was set to include a new stadium for PS4 and Xbox One, the Maracana. However, we will not release this Data Pack without including a fix for the offline roster issue.
Right now we have removed the planned Data Pack from our schedule so we can implement the fix required.

We’ll provide a list of extra content once set. We appreciate this doesn’t suddenly make this situation better, but we do want to show desire to make good on the situation for the fans.

thats it. end of november plus some weeks then i guess

Dear Lord ... is this really how distribution of console DLCs works in general? Weeks of preparations and upfront announcements towards Sony/Microsoft, so that everything goes through all the official pipelines? For every developer and every game?

FFS, they used to release DLC fixes within days for previous PES titles!

Dear Lord ... is this really how distribution of console DLCs works in general? Weeks of preparations and upfront announcements towards Sony/Microsoft, so that everything goes through all the official pipelines? For every developer and every game?

FFS, they used to release DLC fixes within days for previous PES titles!

What they will release is not DLC fix, it's a DLC with completed rosters and Maracana, plus some boots and kits.

Well, the point is that small DLC fixes used to be released within few days - why can't they do it now?

Are there really formal obstacles preventing them from doing frequent small fixes? Are content distribution rules for current-gen consoles really that rigid and, pardon my French, fucked-up beyond any rational reason?

Last edited:
Not for FIFA :JAY:

Well, the point is that small DLC fixes used to be released within few days - why can't they do it now?

Are there really formal obstacles preventing them from doing frequent small fixes? Are content distribution rules for current-gen consoles really that rigid and, pardon my French, fucked-up beyond any rational reason?

It will be an issue with the back end architecture. I reckon the online live update system would have been developed relatively recently by the UK team but for whatever reason there is a compatability issue with the legacy code and architecture which governs the offline game modes. There is no reason at all why simply updating some numeric data within a game has to be subjected to the sony/ms patching process unless they simply can't do it due to constraints of their own system.

I couldn't wait any longer and spent about 12 hours fixing a load of database issues (transfers up to deadline day, missing players, allocated the real players to every national team, etc.) - if the next update wrecks all that, I won't be happy.

There was no way I was waiting another day to start a Master League after waiting two fucking months while the disc gathered dust.

Please, Konami, let us use our DP1 edited data forever.

thats it. end of november plus some weeks then i guess
As I see it, they remove the original planned update, so no few weeks for that.
The only part that counts is:
Right now we have removed the planned Data Pack from our schedule so we can implement the fix required. We will then go through the process to get it out as soon as possible. We’ll update the fans on our official social channels as soon as we have information on this.
...and they did not set a date for it. They annouce it later on the usual social channels.

Last edited:
I couldn't wait any longer and spent about 12 hours fixing a load of database issues (transfers up to deadline day, missing players, allocated the real players to every national team, etc.) - if the next update wrecks all that, I won't be happy.

There was no way I was waiting another day to start a Master League after waiting two fucking months while the disc gathered dust.

In this day and age you shouldn't have to do any of that Chris. It spoils what could be a brilliant game.

In this day and age you shouldn't have to do any of that Chris.
Nope, but no point complaining about it any more, it's been said a thousand times (at least 50 of those times by me). The two month wait was bad enough, I just wanted to play the game I paid £40 for (can't even play it online because the scorelines are insane).

So I've done it - a single 12 hour stint, out of sheer frustration, and now I can play an updated ML.

All I want now is to be able to keep all the work I've done.

I even fixed a few typos with international players I didn't even know existed, thanks to a list of the international players and assignments over on the PESGaming.com forums.

It spoils what could be a brilliant game.
In all honesty I'm a fool for having done it because I didn't like the gameplay pre-patch and don't like it post-patch, I don't know what I was expecting. (That's my personal opinion, I know there's lots who love it and that's great, but the results I get in the Championship - with every shot-on-target being a goal - outweigh all of the positives, for me.)

Last edited:

Sorry mate, but you mentioned that you hate the game, why then you put so much effort in it?

Sorry mate, but you mentioned that you hate the game, why then you put so much effort in it?
See above, I hoped the patch would fix at least the goalkeeping, that would have been the gateway to me beginning to enjoy the game (and you saw the stream I did the other night, where setting my defensive line to the lowest setting saw them hanging around on the half-way line with no way to make them sit in-front of the goalkeeper).

My one and only point is - please Konami, whatever else you do to the game, bear in mind those who couldn't wait another day for you to update the transfers and fixed it themselves, or it's another day of our lives we'll waste fixing the data errors.

Unique show of discontent:

The replays glitching position when skipped. I can't remember if it did this before the patch. Seems to do it for longer when playing wirh teams using custom manager faces. Hangs a lot more if you've edited rival teams.

I just did the brasilian league, took me 30min.

Nice one Jim I'll give it a go in a couple of days gonna do as many as I can, up to me tits at the minute. Should have listened to you a while back.

Sick of the 5-3 6-4 scorelines reminds of the old Fifa games. I think it's a matter of making the best of what we're given. Funny thing about Pes from day one they throw up the odd random game where everything plays great and that's going back to to early versions... always wondered if they can do that why can't they do it most games. . . but it's their way of programming. . sure who knows what goes through their minds.

I'm starting to be a rain-freak I guess, but seems that nobody is responding:

I'm never having rain in CL games, let it be CL-mode or league mode.
Only if I'm playing CL-exhibition..

Anybody willing to test this out?

I know it's not the major point, with keepers, fouls, transfers not addressed properly, but for me this is also an immersion breaker..

Finally!
In my fourth season (get a life) I manage to beat both Inter and #merdajuve with my Ac Milan.
Man those games are tough.
A quiet affair as usual playing Juventus.
7 yellow cards (3-4) 2 red (1-1) and two injuries,both mine,5-4 in freekicks
Had two outside the box.

Even though some games are boring,these ones makes it worth while.
Can't wait to start a ML on PS4

Nice one Jim I'll give it a go in a couple of days gonna do as many as I can, up to me tits at the minute. Should have listened to you a while back.

Sick of the 5-3 6-4 scorelines reminds of the old Fifa games. I think it's a matter of making the best of what we're given. Funny thing about Pes from day one they throw up the odd random game where everything plays great and that's going back to to early versions... always wondered if they can do that why can't they do it most games. . . but it's their way of programming. . sure who knows what goes through their minds.

Yeah, it's a very embarrassing company, very disorganized and unprofessional.

You think if PES Team moved to Square Enix this would help. That company actually cares about gaming, Konami seem to be more interested in slot machines and other high profit Japanese markets.

The no foul issue is like a cheat mechanism for the AI, I'm seeing lots of instances where fouls can happen but none are given and players seem too strong on the ball.

I think the ideal is selling the franchise to a company that already has experienc on developing sports games.

2k is the first one that comes to e everyone's mind I guess.

I think the ideal is selling the franchise to a company that already has experienc on developing sports games.

2k is the first one that comes to e everyone's mind I guess.

Id say no to that, 2K took on The Yukes franchise when THQ folded and those games are still awful! 2K does basketball brilliantly but apart from their defunct American football game heir sports games aren't good, i can see a number of issues with the PES team going to be based in North America.

I think Square Enix have the money and are Japanese based so the transition from PES Productions to them would be a lot easier.

Back
Top Bottom