PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I might wait for another patch see what happens and play fifa in the meantime, I bought both on release which was silly given the pes was clearly not ready for release, I'll sell pes if next update doesn't sort out the fundamentals

Hitman you sound surprised at all this. .you know the script by now. Spend as little money as they can and achieve maximum profit,they might throw in the towel in the next year or two.. it wouldn't surprise me.

"keepers are amazing man" (12 minutes only)
0GZxvAs.jpg

oh yeah with decreased kicking power and finishing and increased goalkeeper abilities

also

if this jumping, foul evading animation wouldnt be, there would be more fouls....a lot actually! tbh i also sick of seeing this bunny hopp around 10+ times in a game from any player

MEnzSi4.jpg

RuC3Du0.jpg

Last edited:
I've said since the first gameplay videos showed to the public

I said a long time ago that they could at least reduce significantly the frequency of this dumb animation.

Its amazing the fact that we live in era when players are always crying for fouls, the vast majority always choose to dive in every little touch, always choose to get a foul instead of keep going, and here we see this new dumb animation of players avoiding being touched in every soft touch between players.

That shows to me how much Konami understand this sport. :SHAKE:

I have the theory that their "awesome" new collision system they loved to talk about is half way done. Its only good for hard, agressive tackles, slide tackles and etc.Those minor soft touchs that still can make players go down are not well implemented, so it was a gameplay design to put that little jump retard animation:

Also, Im tired of the whole "3000 more animations" talk. You can count on your fingers the number lf anmations they added. There are a relative good number of animations to simulate collision reaction, bit thats it. A very little effort was made for passing amd crossing animations for example. I think there might be 3 or 4 crossing animations only. If you cross 100 times the same way, you will se the same animation.

I kinda hope Konami go bankrupt so that the franchise is sold to another company.

Last edited:
Thanks that ml season was the best i have played for years getting promoted and just fighting off relegation with a game to spare plus being in huge debt all year not being able to strengthen in January made it real tough i was rock bottom after 10 games too but pulled it back

Cant continue the save as their update has messed it all up so will never know how far i could have built that team up was looking forward to building a side of 11 italians with youth players added to my senior players then getting into europe

Can only imagine how amazing the game would be with better ai goal variation better gks and ref i mean even with all the flaws it was great

Thanks that ml season was the best i have played for years getting promoted and just fighting off relegation with a game to spare plus being in huge debt all year not being able to strengthen in January made it real tough i was rock bottom after 10 games too but pulled it back

Cant continue the save as their update has messed it all up so will never know how far i could have built that team up was looking forward to building a side of 11 italians with youth players added to my senior players then getting into europe

Can only imagine how amazing the game would be with better ai goal variation better gks and ref i mean even with all the flaws it was great

Enjoyed the video mate. Nice work!
Nice camera angle too. Do you remember the settings? I like something like a 6,2,2 view.

I've said since the first gameplay videos showed to the public

I said a long time ago that they could at least reduce significantly the frequency of this dumb animation.

Its amazing the fact that we live in era when players are always crying for fouls, the vast majority always choose to dive in every little touch, always choose to get a foul instead of keep going, and here we see this new dumb animation of players avoiding being touched in every soft touch between players.

That shows to me how much Konami understand this sport. :SHAKE:

I have the theory that their "awesome" new collision system they loved to talk about is half way done. Its only good for hard, agressive tackles, slide tackles and etc.Those minor soft touchs that still can make players go down are not well implemented, so it was a gameplay design to put that little jump retard animation:

Also, Im tired of the whole "3000 more animations" talk. You can count on your fingers the number lf anmations they added. There are a relative good number of animations to simulate collision reaction, bit thats it. A very little effort was made for passing amd crossing animations for example. I think there might be 3 or 4 crossing animations only. If you cross 100 times the same way, you will se the same animation.

I kinda hope Konami go bankrupt so that the franchise is sold to another company.

You think if PES Team moved to Square Enix this would help. That company actually cares about gaming, Konami seem to be more interested in slot machines and other high profit Japanese markets.

The no foul issue is like a cheat mechanism for the AI, I'm seeing lots of instances where fouls can happen but none are given and players seem too strong on the ball.

This debacle also speaks volumes about the integrity of the reviews that game got, And the "awards".

Sounds like pure corruption tbh

This debacle also speaks volumes about the integrity of the reviews that game got, And the "awards".

Sounds like pure corruption tbh

right. Don't think those people spend enough time with the new game before they submit their reviews tbh.

PES fanboys and apologists are the main contributor to the downfall of their own game...

We have been reduced to an IPAD game at the most, it's fine if someone likes it but trying to dismiss HUGE flows and blatant lying is just a disgrace. All these issues have been present for years !!

A game with zero fouls is better for the flow of the game they said

A game with old squads and wrong faces is fine at this day and age because gameplay is what matters they said

A game where the goalkeepers and the AI are worse then any game released 10 years ago is AMAZING and THE BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER they said.

Year after year KONAMI has been taking away features and there isn't any improvement on the broken ones too.

So we end up with a clown lying to people and showing up in a game related video doing this

1zg55bs.jpg

The fanboys now will answer my post by saying OH ITS JUST A GAME.

Which means We.... The real PES fans were right and we deserve better.

Petition time IMHO

Do yourself a favor and stop trolling this thread.

So, no one is mentioning that we don't have to base copy players anymore? That the Gerrards, Lampards, Adebayors and many others are now in the Free Agent section? That's a positive.

Of course, there are still many amateur mistakes with the transfer deadline for example, but I still don't feel that this game is that broken. Was playing South American cup and Argentina constantly fouled my Brazil team with lots of cards given. It's a very fun match with lots of tactical stuff involved in controlling Messi and Aguero, limiting the Midfield's creativity and launching counters on the other end...I still enjoy it for what it is...a game.

Well that is the point, sit down and enjoy the game. you will concede low shots to the corner if you don't defend right, but just keep on playing and finish at least a season.. then judge.

Watch TTB's master league vids on youtube, he plays on full manual, it looks great.

Well that is the point, sit down and enjoy the game. you will concede low shots to the corner if you don't defend right, but just keep on playing and finish at least a season.. then judge.

Watch TTB's master league vids on youtube, he plays on full manual, it looks great.

Sorry but I disagree..OK on every goal you could argue that defending could of been better but keepers 90% are unable to reach due to the lack of animations and speed of movement..a high % of goals I have conceded the keeper should of saved regardless of my defending.. on top of that there have been numerous occurrences of the AI making chances through obvious fouls not being called thus leaving me vulnerable with a defender on the floor

After getting annoyed by the high score lines and every shot seemingly creating a goal on Friday night, I did some editing a few teams last night.

One of the things that makes the game high scoring is that defenders and midfielders rarely seem that bothered about trying to take the ball of dribbling players and give forwards too much room. Then when they do shoot, only really the very top level keepers have the ability to save the ratio of shots they should be getting to.

This makes the game feel like shooting is over powered, but I think it’s more that case that shooting is about right, but the time you get to shoot and the amount of shooting chances needs reduced and the chances of the keeper saving it, need increased.

To do this, I increased the defensive prowess and ball winning of the CB’s and DM, CM and also gave them track back and destroyer skills. I also upped the ball control, reflex, jump and goalkeeping stats of the keepers.

I played the games at Superstar and then found the game a lot more enjoyable and felt more realistic as the opposition really tried everything to stop you scoring and my own keep pulled off saves that they wouldn’t have previously. Instead of the score being 3-2 at half time and feeling like an arcade game, it was 0-0 or 1-0 and the feeling of joy when I scored was back.

After getting annoyed by the high score lines and every shot seemingly creating a goal on Friday night, I did some editing a few teams last night.

One of the things that makes the game high scoring is that defenders and midfielders rarely seem that bothered about trying to take the ball of dribbling players and give forwards too much room. Then when they do shoot, only really the very top level keepers have the ability to save the ratio of shots they should be getting to.

This makes the game feel like shooting is over powered, but I think it’s more that case that shooting is about right, but the time you get to shoot and the amount of shooting chances needs reduced and the chances of the keeper saving it, need increased.

To do this, I increased the defensive prowess and ball winning of the CB’s and DM, CM and also gave them track back and destroyer skills. I also upped the ball control, reflex, jump and goalkeeping stats of the keepers.

I played the games at Superstar and then found the game a lot more enjoyable and felt more realistic as the opposition real ly tried everything to stop you scoring and my own keep pulled off saves that they wouldn’t have previously. Instead of the score being 3-2 at half time and feeling like an arcade game, it was 0-0 or 1-0 and the feeling of joy when I scored was back.

How did you manage to edit all those players? Did you do them individually? That would take a long time. .sounds good though.

Shame we have to do this ourselves.

agree on keepers and shooting. its like a very basic atari game where there are

5 types of player shots:
-strong high /outside the box hits the target 90%/inside the box its a goal 90%
-strong low /outside the box hits the target 95%/inside the box its a goal 95%
-controlled /outside the box hits the target 100%/inside the box its a goal 100%
-chip /outside the box hits the target 100%/inside the box its a goal 100%
-headers / they are all great, have diversity but for some reason some strange slow mo headers are rather punched by the keepers. thats the only bug
-volleys / they are all great, have diversity but they hit the target too often, not so bad as the other types of shots its still acceptable

same goes for the cpu only that cpu doesnt miss that much :D oh and low ground shots

is this really 2016? is this the best football game ever? seriously? why? with such flaws...the most important part of a football game havent done right, rather instead done bad. whenever i hit up PES 6, ISS2 everything regarding shooting feels fine. okay im still accept cut back is overpowered in PES 6 okay i know.

do you guys really feel overwhealmed when you score in 2016?

i know saying anything wrong about this game is not welcomed here multiple times only praising it but since there is a new patch wich doesnt bring the changes what most the people asked is ridicilous and saying they dont give a crap. or the proper gameplay patch is in the folder where the full roster update left?

Interesting post. I wouldn't say that saying anything wrong about this game is not welcome... there is always going to be criticism and I guess the only time its a problem, is if one person keeps on making the same critical point over and over - kind of gets annoying as the point is already made several times.

In terms of this game, for me its easily the best pes ever. If I had a choice to have any of the pes/we titles that have ever existed, meaning I couldn't ever play the other ones again, pes 2016 would be it. Yes, some of the other pes titles did a better job in various areas than pes2016, but overall the positives of pes 2016 easily out-weigh any other pes title. Like some who don't get how people can play this game, im the opposite, in total disbelief how people cannot like this game. Again its all personal opinion, but if you surveyed the entire pes/we fan base, im 100% sure pes2016 would be voted the best pes ever hands down. Particularly if you play full manual.

And speaking of the new patch. Ive been playing this post-patch game on ps4 non stop for the last 2 days, and although the improvements aren't exaggerated in each area, overall the game is a lot better than the original pre-patch version. The pace, response, weight of the ball, and cpu ai have all improved. defence and attacking ai have improved, and im constantly seeing new things happen. As much as I was pissed off initially when I noticed the lack of fouls where still present etc, the more Ive played this post-patch version, the more Ive seen the positive changes that have been made to gameplay.

Last edited:
How did you manage to edit all those players? Did you do them individually? That would take a long time. .sounds good though.

Shame we have to do this ourselves.

I only did 5 teams and played games with them. I did Inter, Milan, Arsenal, Man Utd and Newcastle

It really didn’t take long. I used to edit every play years ago, which took months.

The game is capable of being brilliant, it just needs tightening up a bit. I will be doing more teams when I get time. It's a pity we cannot share files for people to try

I only did 5 teams and played games with them. I did Inter, Milan, Arsenal, Man Utd and Newcastle

It really didn’t take long. I used to edit every play years ago, which took months.

The game is capable of being brilliant, it just needs tightening up a bit. I will be doing more teams when I get time. It's a pity we cannot share files for people to try

Damn I thought you had devised a quick fix ha ha. Looks like this will be our sliders eh? Btw how high did you put those stats for average players?

Please could you post the exact numbers of edits you did, I mean the number of def prowess and so on...

I'm going to try and do as many as I can in the next few days. Jim Zuko spoke of this as well I think.

I'm going to try and do as many as I can in the next few days. Jim Zuko spoke of this as well I think.

Yeah buddy, spoke about track back and the destroyer attributes a while ago, that's why I'm so hooked on this game, needed a bit of tinkering, it's unfortunate we have to do this our selves, konami should have fixed these issues, we paid for a product we have to fix, konami unfortunately doesn't give a shit about its customers, this patch even tho it fixed quite a few niggles, still not good enough, but for me there's only one more area that needs sorting,which is the AI constant low shots on goal, if they fix that, game is good enough to play all year round till 2017.

Yeah buddy, spoke about track back and the destroyer attributes a while ago, that's why I'm so hooked on this game, needed a bit of tinkering, it's unfortunate we have to do this our selves, konami should have fixed these issues, we paid for a product we have to fix, konami unfortunately doesn't give a shit about its customers, this patch even tho it fixed quite a few niggles, still not good enough, but for me there's only one more area that needs sorting,which is the AI constant low shots on goal, if they fix that, game is good enough to play all year round till 2017.

How many teams or players did you do Jim? how long did it take?

Very cool video. Makes me want to try master league.

Yeah, I said the same thing, think it may have been on WENB. I haven't played Master League in years actually.

This video just gets me pumped to start one, I even began applying the Serie B kits/emblems before work this morning. :D

Guys, here are some editing guide for better simulation football in PES by RonMexico at operation sports forum. I haven't tried them out but many say they really change the game. Will start editing after PTE release their patch on pc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAGEXjyBu5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=vICjkEE31jQ

sounds promising but the actual gameplay havent changed that much. only 2 fouls in a 25 minute match against the cpu and he struggles to score because of the manual controls basicly. the tactics makes sense tho but they cant change the fundamental elements

Back
Top Bottom