PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

You're trying to hard mate, it will screw your mind, this day you will feel this, the next day the opposite. It's like messing too much with sliders in FIFA, the game will never be perfect, just enjoy what you got.

Thanks for your reply and I hear what you are saying but, its not like Ive locked myself in a room since September 18th and only spent my leisure time testing this game. Nothing so severe as that.

I have a busy job and family life but when I had some occasions of free time I combined some of these test matches with some time on MGS V also, It's all good and what else would I have been doing BUT playing only exhibition matches as I/we wait for the update to start 'properly' playing this game and ML mode etc.

well he does that because he doesnt enjoy it :D

Quite the opposite, I enjoy playing the game immensely even when testing or looking for comparisons ... Still plenty of punch the air or fist shaking and fun at scoring an outrageous goal or great 'I intended to do that' PES moment.

I would not play the game if I was not enjoying it - time is too precious to us all in our busy lives I am sure.

Post patch impressions ps3:

-Games a lot faster (I have to play on -2), contrary to what seems to be the case on ps4
-Shot power toned down on basic shooting
-Net physics overhauled, looks more like pes 2013 nets with no ball bouncing back out
- Passing harder and more free on manual
- Game EASIER, have to play on superstar all the time (professional is ridiculous and top player seems broken)
- CPU have less time on the ball and play more randomly
- Individuality seems more prevalent
- Overall the game has changed a lot and is better now

i cant believe those that think the gameplay has not changed after the patch!!!!

I understand it is subjective whether it is better or not. But to say it has not changed at all is bizarre, as it has changed in quite a few key areas.

I've only had two games but it's definitely changed..balance is better , I've seen the AI switch the play more and the keepers have improved in shot stopping and reading the game e.g coming off their line more ..refs and fouling still rubbish though

anyone who claims that pass support 1 is less assisted than lvl 3, please dare someone to set up his support without seeing it and try out a game then. lets see if you can FEEL the difference or you just try to convince yourself. its the only way because for damn sure assist levels are far far far away from 2015 and from FIFA(personally i think its the same as post patch but with tweaked ballphysics and first touch error)

no offense but why talk about shooting then? you shoot not the player, its manual. ofcourse you feel rewarded when u score at last and u cant hit the target with high precision. and please dont attack my opinion in the following 10 posts guys that manual is assisted :D :D

Today I tested the game quite long to see any of those changes.

Also tried every pass assistance level. Third level is sure more assisted in terms of power. Not so much direction. Still the margin is quite small and not worth mentioning and I think playing without knowing which assist level you are playing, you will have a tough time calling them apart, which is a bad sign.

In my oppinion level 1 already feels so assisted they could make it level 3. They should find something in between manual and level 1 where the gap is quite huge.

And everyone who thinks manual controlls are assisted should try playing with the d-pad and "player2" camera.
With the d-pad you can easily control your input.
Every pass and shot is a straight line. There is no assistance at all, just inaccuracy of your thumb.

He is testing in exhibition, all I know is ML plays a lot different to exhibition.

Hey Jimi, I haven't had too much time with the game as of yet, only the amount I spent when I saw you online the day the patch came out.

Those changes you mentioned (the manual shooting variation/stat-based between good and mid players sounds promising), are they in exhibition or just ML??

I only played a few games with the new patch in exhibition, and the most notable change I saw was that the ai on superstar (particularly with the not so great teams) made a lot more errors... from poor passing, poor touch, as well as keeper passing errors. Really great to see .. the poor touch included my players... more first touch errors in general, and this surely must be stat or situational based.

Ball physics for me was also a noticeable improvement.. just seems smoother as well as heavier through the air. Not sure about variation etc.

Also, nobody mentioned this, but for me sprinting seemed better or should I say more responsive. That is the double R1...anyone notice this??

Anyways, they are the positives.

The real kick in the nuts for me though is still we have the lack of fouls.. I really wanted this!! The keeper's as well - those low shots in the corner still exist (with the limited teams ive played with). Just these 2 things, and the game would be perfect for me. Hopefully a gameplay patch soonish to finally fix these top 2 problems eventuate.

Well, even with the transfer fk-ups, at least now I can start a ML and really test this game out.

And btw, I do have to remind myself the best way to play this game is offline player vs player or 2players v 2players... Fouls work perfectly well (despite some saying it doesn't - that's a load of crap). Keepers are better too, and everyone being on manual shooting ensures low shots in the corner aren't that common..

Hey Jimi, I haven't had too much time with the game as of yet, only the amount I spent when I saw you online the day the patch came out.

Those changes you mentioned (the manual shooting variation/stat-based between good and mid players sounds promising), are they in exhibition or just ML??

I only played a few games with the new patch in exhibition, and the most notable change I saw was that the ai on superstar (particularly with the not so great teams) made a lot more errors... from poor passing, poor touch, as well as keeper passing errors. Really great to see .. the poor touch included my players... more first touch errors in general, and this surely must be stat or situational based.

Ball physics for me was also a noticeable improvement.. just seems smoother as well as heavier through the air. Not sure about variation etc.

Also, nobody mentioned this, but for me sprinting seemed better or should I say more responsive. That is the double R1...anyone notice this??

Anyways, they are the positives.

The real kick in the nuts for me though is still we have the lack of fouls.. I really wanted this!! The keeper's as well - those low shots in the corner still exist (with the limited teams ive played with). Just these 2 things, and the game would be perfect for me. Hopefully a gameplay patch soonish to finally fix these top 2 problems eventuate.

Well, even with the transfer fk-ups, at least now I can start a ML and really test this game out.

And btw, I do have to remind myself the best way to play this game is offline player vs player or 2players v 2players... Fouls work perfectly well (despite some saying it doesn't - that's a load of crap). Keepers are better too, and everyone being on manual shooting ensures low shots in the corner aren't that common..

I stopped playing exhibition matches a while ago, cause I didn't feel the intensity as i feel it more in ML, I can't comment on exhibition matches, but aside of the fouls and AI low shots, the game plays even better now than before, especially defensive awareness, still not perfect but better, I also find it more difficult to dribble past 3-4 players with a fast skillful full back.

Thanks for the info..looking fwd to finally starting ml now that transfers are semi done...means I can also check out difference between exh v ml...the live updates have made exhib fun for me...

Okay put some time into this

- Game is considerably slower offline.
- Players feel heavier resulting in a greater feeling of momentum.
-Ball physics are more exaggerated so you see a lot more movement in the air and on the ground.
- I haven't noticed any change to the keepers

Post patch impressions ps3:

-Games a lot faster (I have to play on -2), contrary to what seems to be the case on ps4
-Shot power toned down on basic shooting
-Net physics overhauled, looks more like pes 2013 nets with no ball bouncing back out
- Passing harder and more free on manual
- Game EASIER, have to play on superstar all the time (professional is ridiculous and top player seems broken)
- CPU have less time on the ball and play more randomly
- Individuality seems more prevalent
- Overall the game has changed a lot and is better now

Agree with all except the bold part. On PS4 here. I play on - 1 and noticed it's slower.

Exhibition, 11 minutes, Superstar, Me as an away side, AC Milan against CPU controlled - Atletico Madrid. They actually got Gabi sent off for two late lunges.

Agree with all except the bold part. On PS4 here. I play on - 1 and noticed it's slower.

I'm on Ps3 and think he is too and found it faster on-1 as well unfortunately. Although I'm playing Ml and the speed changes on that in different matches.

I saw a couple of different animations like a diving header to head out from defence and slightly different reactions in some tackles. Keepers rush out more as well and it's not as easy to rob the ai defence when they're passing it around in that annoying way. Also the light or graphics on Ps3 looks better.

I try 1 vs 1 full manual online game and the game look ok, almost like offline, only the Team lobby are a nightmare, so no more 2 vs 2 online for this year...

I need to buy FIFA like my friends for 2 vs 2 it's crazy

In a one 10 minutes match, the CPU committed 5 fouls with 2 bookings against me. That would never happened before.

I've just finished 2 CL games back to back and had one foul in the first 1 minute of the first game and then nothing ..14 minute games superstar ..in my opinion I probably saw several fouls but the ref just ignores then

Guys I need a suggestion, I had already started my Master league before the patch or data pack which released recently, now will I have to start ML from scratch again to see the gameplay changes or will I be able to see the changes in my pre patch Ml only.

People need to always state what platform they are playing on when writing about the effects of the patch. It seems that on PS4/xboxone the changes could be more pronounced than on ps3/xbox360.

In Edit Mode, I have Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham selected as Tottenham's rivals. Third match into my ML last night and I'm up against West Ham. I've had plenty of exhibition matches between rival teams but this was bonkers. Ref blew for 12 fouls by them in a 15 minute match, giving out four yellows. And with the referees being as useful as wicker canoes, there were plenty of unpunished fouls. By the time it was 65, 70 minutes in, there were sliding tackles coming in thick and fast like I was a German flag in Bavaria, with me getting given advantage by the ref only to be cropped again within a couple of seconds. Three terminal injuries in the second half.

Was funny as fuck, I have to admit. It felt like I was playing online, or we were on the beaches at Normandy. Game ended 0-0 as their forwards couldn't shoot for shit and any sight of goal for me meant I was taken down like a fat dog on a wet floor.

People need to always state what platform they are playing on when writing about the effects of the patch. It seems that on PS4/xboxone the changes could be more pronounced than on ps3/xbox360.

I'm on PS4 and I can certainly see a difference in the way the AI builds up , speed of build up and keepers are more switched on .. shot variation is untouched for AI and fouls in the 4 games I've played are still pretty much none existent. I think it would be good for people who are seeing fouls to do 3 things
1. Also state the platform
2. State all the control settings and level
3. Video a match so we can see the playing style that draws fouls

Big ask I know

do you like classics for PES on PS4 and Xbox1? :D

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2016_20151020055351.jpg

check my thread (link is in my signature)

First goal since patch, 25 yarder in the corner keeper doing the falling down slow animation with both hands.

Switched off game.

Back
Top Bottom