PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Gameplay is better on pc with the new patch, but everything else is a shambles, graphics, kits, lack of stadia

I haven't played the game since the DLC, but apparently they haven't done all the transfers.
This is really outrageous.
It's one of the basics of sports games to have the right rosters on release day, but for Konami it's apparently impossible to get it right more than a month later... they could learn a thing or two from EA regarding rosters...

That they don't react on their Twitter account is no mystery to me.
This time the people who are complaining have every right to be outrageous. But the way some people react is not normal (for example threatening family members).

just saw two obvious fouls in my last game in 2 secs. it wasnt super precise tackles like before but fouls. ref doesnt give a crap. no advantage whatsoever

and i dunno where do you guys get this goalkeeper and shooting tweaks craziness. its the exact same as post patch

You playing on PS4 or PS3 still?

The 1.02 patch changes the game completley. The ball physics especially.

Everything apart from fouls has improved in this patch.

Transfers were only done up until 30/8 which means the transfers between 31/08-2/09 havent been done. But still, you got 12 new boots to play with so what you moaning about!!

In other news I sold my FIFA16 so I can play PES more as I prefer it. But christ alive do Konami make it hard for you to like PES these days. They simply do not give a shit. They released the game early. Promised a day one patch. Didnt happen. Promised transfers will done on Oct 29. Didnt happen. They have your money so up yours PES fans.

Last edited:
Transfers were only done up until 30/8 which means the transfers between 31/08-2/09 havent been done. But still, you got 12 new boots to play with so what you moaning about!!.

And I suspect that they will have to do an entirely new data pack just to finish updating offline rosters, because of the early PS3/360 era methods to update "data" in their game that they use. That'll probably come next month, at the earliest. Or maybe they'll just wait until after the Jan transfer window to do that...

It is beyond incompetent to make us wait over a month for the squad update and still not get it right. For gods sake how hard can it be to get such a basic thing right. All the positive strides that they have taken with the gameplay etc is completely undone by getting something so simple wrong.

Just can't believe the range of comments on gameplay tweaks, from "nothing has changed whatsoever" to "it is completely, totally different".

It's (literal) madness.

I started a new Master League and I've played two games so far where every shot on target was a goal. The results are still over 4 goals a game, every game. If something HAS "drastically changed", where the hell is the evidence (I can provide evidence of the above as easily as taking a 30 second video capture)?

PES has become a religion, man, it's all about belief in things you can't see but are "definitely there".

Let's see some videos - I actively want someone to change my mind, because I want to believe it *is* worth investing any more time in.

Not that I'm going to go assessing every team, but is there a list somewhere with any of the bigger transfers in the game that have been omitted?

Want to start this up now for my ML.

FD

And I suspect that they will have to do an entirely new data pack just to finish updating offline rosters, because of the early PS3/360 era methods to update "data" in their game that they use. That'll probably come next month, at the earliest. Or maybe they'll just wait until after the Jan transfer window to do that...

We will get the full rosters with PES 2017.

Chris, the gameplay has changed massivley. Im happy to upload a video this weekend if i get time. There is no placebo or nothing. Its been upgraded.

You should notice the ball physics at the very very least. Play exhibition games ising some strong/mid range teams. The Chanpionship teams your using have terrible disorganized tactics which make the game easy.

Chris, the gameplay has changed massivley. Im happy to upload a video this weekend if i get time. There is no placebo or nothing. Its been upgraded.

You should notice the ball physics at the very very least. Play exhibition games ising some strong/mid range teams. The Chanpionship teams your using have terrible disorganized tactics which make the game easy.

i gotta agree, for the keepers its down to form, when experimenting in exhibition mode, if all the arrows is up, every shot is a goal if ur using the top teams.

Just can't believe the range of comments on gameplay tweaks, from "nothing has changed whatsoever" to "it is completely, totally different".

It's (literal) madness.

I started a new Master League and I've played two games so far where every shot on target was a goal. The results are still over 4 goals a game, every game. If something HAS "drastically changed", where the hell is the evidence (I can provide evidence of the above as easily as taking a 30 second video capture)?

PES has become a religion, man, it's all about belief in things you can't see but are "definitely there".

Let's see some videos - I actively want someone to change my mind, because I want to believe it *is* worth investing any more time in.

madness is it. People see what they want to see with PES - just like religion.

It's crazy because the game are really really good, yetserday I play Europa League with two friends in full manual (3 vs CPU in high level) and it's amazing !!!

Why the online are broken with Full manual players ?? it's a shame :CURSE:

You playing on PS4 or PS3 still?

The 1.02 patch changes the game completley. The ball physics especially.

Everything apart from fouls has improved in this patch.

i made my mind up after some games and i did see some reaction saves aswell and the cpu misses shots now more often but no drastical changes in balancing the keepers-shooting. you wont get nervous inside the box when you facing towards the goal 1v1 or 1v3. and still aside from 7-8 goalkeepers they are all crap. even their rating isnt balanced with the strikers in the game, how could a 74 goalkeeper wich is concidered good in this game stop strikers in the league with 79-93 rating? :D

It's (literal) madness.

Let's see some videos - I actively want someone to change my mind, because I want to believe it*is* worth investing any more time in.

tumblr_n8w32f54sG1rpa5uxo1_500.gif

Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti 23m23 minutes ago
Focus for the team is to get it sorted ASAP. For future iterations, I will be working closely with the teams that handle this.

i appriciate his passion but at Konami this means xmas and they fooled us 2 times in 2 months already this year

Last edited:
i made my mind up after some games and i did see some reaction saves aswell and the cpu misses shots now more often but no drastical changes in balancing the keepers-shooting. you wont get nervous inside the box when you facing towards the goal 1v1 or 1v3. and still aside from 7-8 goalkeepers they are all crap. even their rating isnt balanced with the strikers in the game, how could a 74 goalkeeper wich is concidered good in this game stop strikers in the league with 79-93 rating? :D

It's obviously too much of a risk if konami goes for drastic changes.. that's why they should introduce sliders like FIFA, everyone has their personal preferences

and thats the biggest problem here...they went one direction, they won awards with it, they made more money with myclub with it. now they wont dare to change much. THS IS the PES we will get for a while i guess. end to end, easy scoring game. if they wont add more abilites to the players next year to have the game more depth than its clear that PES is the new FIFA

Yup, sadly that is the direction mate. But EA, I think really listens to the community, a lot of features in career mode were suggested by the community, not to mention the gamplay in fifa 16. KOnami in the other hand is just a mess

Hey Klash, Yeah I agree the gameplay is hugely improved -
- slower less accurate passing
- better physical battles
- better defending, can actually jockey the AI now
- shooting much meatier
- actual AI fouls, played about 10 games and in each game AI has hacked me down 1-2 times and given free kick or yellow cards
- Much more fun dribbling at AI now
- GK better, although still not perfect
- AI actually crossed the ball now!!!
- AI is better at attacking now and with more variation

Negatives
- still feel GK could be more agile, better at closing angles
- AI still could be more aggressive especially at counter attacks. when they have a man free and dont pass to him early enough
- WOuld like to see players like Messi, ronaldo, suarez do something really special now and again. I can close them down each time. I'd like to be skinned by them once in a while!
- Obviously the squad update debacle!

Overall, a really enjoyable update

The Championship teams your using have terrible disorganized tactics which make the game easy.
Real life results from ten days ago:
9 games, none with 4+ goals. So, 0%.
V7Y1sgm.jpg

PES results:
5 games, 4 with 4+ goals. So, 80%.
sjTBbGh.jpg

So if you're saying the game is far from realistic, yes, yes it is.

How are the tactics any different from the Premier League ones? I'm using the default tactics and they seem to be largely similar, certainly not drastically different.

Every shot on target is a goal (and is still). That's the first major problem. And I'm still not getting fouled by the CPU more than 2-3 times in a 10 minute match.

It's (literal) madness.

I can say from the little i played there are no drastic improvements, the game is 95% same as it was before patch. The only real change is what they listed, now low crosses work with manual controls.

Pace of the game is the same
keepers are the same
referees are the same (almost completely useless)

And the PLACEBO begins.

If Konami write a message ingame saying they have changed the fouls for the better,even if they don't touch the game, in forums many people would state that its different.

Yesterday after the patch installation, I continued my libertadores save, and all of the annoying things still there.

*The CPU shooting always in the corner bottom.

*the blatant fouls that the referee don't see

* the awfull keepers at shoots inside the goal area, and placed R2 shoot, that almost always result in goal.

Online:

*Lag still there and it keeps worse than at the beginning when the game came out, at least for me. 1 and 2 seconds delay turns any sports game frustrating and unplayable.

* still no team filter, online divisions are every game against barca, real, m city, or bayern.

All we get after a fuck&%g month its roster update only till 30 August, how amateurish is that? Community could do it in one day in edit mode.

And a few faces that we don't even fuck&%g see in ingame cameras. Ffs, this is to much now.

It's not just incompetence, its joking the costumers.

But they have they're back covered by some community members and their placebo effect. The fun thing is the ones who joked Glenn, for saying the kits affect the gameplay are the same that now say that gameplay is changed...

How are the tactics any different from the Premier League ones? I'm using the default tactics and they seem to be largely similar, certainly not drastically different.

Every shot on target is a goal (and is still). That's the first major problem. And I'm still not getting fouled by the CPU more than 2-3 times in a 10 minute match.
Changing tactics does nothing as far as fixing the core issues this game has had for two years now: most every shot on goal, no long shots or high shots, all shots to corners, no fouls, etc. There are though player editing fixes that can help with these issues, there's a thread about it in the editing forum.

I can test both NTSC and PAL version on the Xbox 360 and the funny, but somehow expected thing is that there are gameplay differences between them. ( Before any title updates )

USA version feels more free, when on the ball and it is not so glued to player foot. Ball rebounds are more realistic. In the same time PAL version is more on rails, with more glued ball and more skating from players, but have better defences, defence intercept passes and close spaces better more often, than NTSC version.

( By the way i can also check the default.xex version in-game and NTSC is 0.0.0.11 , PAL is 0.0.0.10 , both before any title updates )

So every shot on goal is a goal?
Played 6 games so far (3 on my last season,3 on my new)
3 wins this campaign,1-0 2-1 3-1.
I average around 12 shots a game,8 on goal.

Think it would be a good idea when people post their pros and cons,include your settings please.
If people whine about the game not being realistic,and play on low leve/assisted settings,what would you expect?
And do people understand the tactics "it's scripted" more likely that you suck at setting your team up right
Have friends who play FIFA "great game,play on semi pro,just beat Barcelona 9-1"
Get an understanding of the game,set it up right and you'll have a good game

Think the shooting has changed,the pace,the game is a bit more fluid now.
Btw I play on superstar,with all manual.
The game has its flaws,still a good game though

Last edited:
anyone who claims that pass support 1 is less assisted than lvl 3, please dare someone to set up his support without seeing it and try out a game then. lets see if you can FEEL the difference or you just try to convince yourself. its the only way because for damn sure assist levels are far far far away from 2015 and from FIFA(personally i think its the same as post patch but with tweaked ballphysics and first touch error)

Think it would be a good idea when people post their pros and cons,include your settings please.
If people whine about the game not being realistic,and play on low leve/assisted settings,what would you expect?
And do people understand the tactics "it's scripted" more likely that you suck at setting your team up right

Think the shooting has changed,the pace,the game is a bit more fluid now.
Btw I play on superstar,with all manual.
The game has its flaws,still a good game though

no offense but why talk about shooting then? you shoot not the player, its manual. ofcourse you feel rewarded when u score at last and u cant hit the target with high precision. and please dont attack my opinion in the following 10 posts guys that manual is assisted :D :D

I genuinely think Konami don't care about the lesser teams.

An example (pre DLC).

AA Gent the only Belgian team in the game.
If you have only one team in the game, that becomes something of a bench mark for all the customers of that country.

AA Gent had one (1) incoming transfer this season. I can understand that he isn't in the game.

But, several first team players are not in the game.
Brecht De jaegere is one of their very promising young players. He can paly AMF, RMF, LMF and wing back. In the game he is a CB. A CB, that is the equivalent of Cristiano Ronaldo being a CB for Gent fans.

Oussalah changed clubs and isn't playing for Gent anymore. He is a very pacey RB or wing back. In the game he is a slow CB. One could ignore him, but there aren't enough CB's in the squad, so you either have to play De Jaegere as a Cb or Oussalah.

Imagine Real Madrid without Varane, Pepe and Sergio Ramos in the squad and with CR7 as a CB? Well that is what happened with the Belgian champions, who are actually playing in the Champions League...

I know, it's only Belgium...

We are a country low on the FIFA ranking, aren't we?

OOPS

Shame on you Konami, really shame on you and this from one of the 4 biggest fan boys of Evo-web...

Only had two matches last, kicking off my first ML on this game.

Quite prepared for the following to not happen anymore now I've said it, but I experienced more high shots (not just volleys), more inaccurate shots & passing, more crossing and more recklessness from the AI. Yet no changes in ref behaviour. Finally, my keeper Lloris made some brilliant saves, including the tipping over of a cheeky chip from 18 yards, after he'd ran out a couple of steps by himself. He was on orange and then red arrow form for the two matches.

Yes, it's pretty much nailed on now that I'll play some more tonight and none of the above will happen. I remember when this game first came out, I only saw the AI shoot from range on day one and then never after. Until last night.

Might be the ML having different AI capabilities.

It's (literal) madness.

Play few exhibition games and you will notice the changes. There are changes but not drastic changes.
Why are you basically suggesting that those who say positive things about the patch or game in general are blinded by their loyalty and love of PES? I don't think this is true. The game with all of it's issues is really good IMO.

Last edited:
The slow pace after the patch is a fact.

Now i wonder when Konami will release the missing transfers. Is an emergency.

Back
Top Bottom