PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

The fouls issue and the AI shots into the bottom corner plagued 2015 and were never resolved. Now unless 2016 was intentionally released as an unfinished product early I don't see how Konami will fix it

Been loving this game but had 3 horrible games tonight. The collision system is terrible and broken. Needs fixing.
Yep online has been awful last few days.

Fifa is seemingly smooth as butter online...pes16 is more "I can't believe it's not butter"...:mad:

How people think this shambles of a game is better than fifa16 is beyond me. After weeks of having both games fifa got 95% of my play time. Going back to pes 2016 after playing fifa is definitely a step back. You dont realise how horrible the pes animations are until you play fifa dor a while, fifa is not perfect this year but for the life of me i cannot see how pes 16 is deemed the better game in metacritic...the online in pes is inexcusable, i tried three times and all three i came against real madrid, it was laggy as hell and every rocket shot with ronaldo or bale was a goal. Turned it off immdiately

How people think this shambles of a game is better than fifa16 is beyond me. After weeks of having both games fifa got 95% of my play time. Going back to pes 2016 after playing fifa is definitely a step back. You dont realise how horrible the pes animations are until you play fifa dor a while, fifa is not perfect this year but for the life of me i cannot see how pes 16 is deemed the better game in metacritic...the online in pes is inexcusable, i tried three times and all three i came against real madrid, it was laggy as hell and every rocket shot with ronaldo or bale was a goal. Turned it off immdiately

Personal Preference :D

Personal Preference :D
Amen, let's not derail the thread again please.

Looking forward to the update but I wish to God they'd at least fucking give us a riddle that gives us a hint that gives us a clue about the gameplay "tweaks".

Not looking forward to the sea of posts that say "they've ruined the game completely" / "this is now the best game ever made, it's so different" / "they didn't change anything, it's all a conspiracy". (Not to mention "you didn't apply the patch properly, remove all the kits first, then apply it"...)

All of this could be avoided with the simplest of changelogs. "We've done something with the keepers, and Shinji did something to headers but he can't remember what."

Last edited:

Whats funny is that im in the same boat as you, having both games, but the total opposite in opinion. I can understand why people think fifa is better, but also understand why people like myself prefer pes. Online for me sucks big time for pes, so I don't even play it - no point talking about online. Offline, Im playing pes2016 about 99% of the time. In fact I can't keep playing fifa for anymore than an hour without having the urge to go back to pes. I havent played fifa now for a couple of weeks, but I won't sell it. I guess there is no one game fits all, and its simply because both games have their pros and cons.. where some pros are more important for some than others. For instance the pros that pes has over fifa appeals to me more than the other way around.

Why I play pes instead of fifa (ps4).. yes pes is a simpler game in terms of controls and what you can actually perform on the pitch (including animations), but this is where pes is great for me... Its simplicity control wise!!! This increases the gameplay factor for me.. I feel in more control playing pes than I do fifa. Its just easier to do things that you wanna do in pes, and hence things just flow better. And again (mentioned this before) I think pes is visually a smoother game, from player animations to ball panning etc.. Probably because of its limited animations it has a better transition of animations. Fifa has a greater response rate etc, but I really think this makes things look too quick. Animations look too quick and not as smooth as a result. To my eyes fifa doesn't seem like its 60fps.. just doesn't look or play as smooth as pes, plus the player physics also aren't as good. All these pros of pes prevent me from playing fifa this minute. I just like the look and feel (control) of pes better. I guess we all see and feel things differently...

.. just hoping that this update is what we all wanted, particularly gameplay wise...

Looking forward to the update but I wish to God they'd at least fucking give us a riddle that gives us a hint that gives us a clue about the gameplay "tweaks".

.. not sure if missed things last year update wise..but isn't this the first year (time) theyve actually advertised the fact that the gameplay tweeks are based on online fan tweets eg.:

"Konami have also promised that the update will bring ‘a number of gameplay tweaks’ which they say have been bought about following consultation with the PES community. "
from pesfan.com

Last edited:
.. not sure if missed things last year update wise..but isn't this the first year (time) theyve actually advertised the fact that the gameplay tweeks are based on online fan tweets eg.:

"Konami have also promised that the update will bring ‘a number of gameplay tweaks’ which they say have been bought about following consultation with the PES community. "
from pesfan.com

That doesn't mean much to me, it's PR language.
Let's see if they really addressed even just one of the things community complains about.

That doesn't mean much to me, it's PR language.
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought.

BUT, they WILL have worked on the thing that Adam and co. were bombarded with - it being too easy to score. Adam has specifically responded to that saying they've made changes and they "hope it isn't too hard to score now".

My prediction is that goalkeepers will be much better (hopefully not superhuman), and that'll be it. Hopefully I'm wrong but either way, it'll be a better game for it.

Not looking forward to the sea of posts that say "they've ruined the game completely" / "this is now the best game ever made, it's so different" / "they didn't change anything, it's all a conspiracy". (Not to mention "you didn't apply the patch properly, remove all the kits first, then apply it"...)

All of this could be avoided with the simplest of changelogs. "We've done something with the keepers, and Shinji did something to headers but he can't remember what."

he is pointing out the weak points of PES basicly, and he is right according to the mass aswell.

@acer try the gameplay patch tomorrow, we will see if they are bullshiting about the feedback after all or the worse they cant do anything to get gameplay better with this generation....or out of sudden they'll make a decent PES since 2007 because this game has potential. (thank god for Yair on PC if they dont care)

Last edited:
he is pointing out the weak points of PES basicly, and he is right according to the mass aswell.
He pointed out the weaknesses a month ago and this thread exploded with troll accusations, that's where Chris' comment came from. There's no need to keep reposting the same critique, move on if the game is truly that bad for you, let others enjoy it and discuss it in peace.

I copyed the players now, for example Pirlo. Lets see if original ones will be gone after the update.

Right so I'm guessing it's 12am the 29th.

that's about 20mins away in Australia.. damn I work tomorrow, so I may have to hit the sack and hopefully wake up to some good reviews tomorrow morning.

btw, those like me who love mucking around with custom camera angles.. the pc version has finally been cracked.. well I only found out today. I tried the following Sider program: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/75698/page-2

pretty damn amazing. doesn't effect the dynamic camera views, but you play around with custom camera angles, ie. instead of just 0-10 for zoom, height and angle, you can go from 0-50... I got this amazing broadcasting top viewish angle by doing 10, 15, 50... pretty damn cool. Not to mention Yair's patch. Plus ofcourse sweetfx... can get this game looking as good if not better than ps4 version.

But.. to be honest the ps4 version is the one to have.. better response, and a bit smoother looking, particularly with lower teams.

fifa is boring to me... every player feels the same, no fun.

How people think this shambles of a game is better than fifa16 is beyond me. After weeks of having both games fifa got 95% of my play time.

Same here but really hope Konami add more fouls and fix the terrible ping pong 100% assisted passing , if they do the game will be great. If both are not fixed ill be trading PES16 into cex or sell it on ebay.

Too much to hope for but id also like to see cup games in daylight and also Kyle Lafferty added to the Northern Ireland team ,he was one of the top scorers in the Euro 16 Qualifiers and not even in the game. :R1

Stupid AI
I posted an identical example a few weeks back, except in my case it was MY CPU-controlled defenders who backed off like that. Playing on Superstar (max AI smarts) with defense supposedly playing aggressive, leaves absolutely no options and no way to fix the issue. Have to assume it's some kind of advantage script coding.

Last edited:
Oh man, I'm really crossing my fingers for tomorrows update gameplay fix. I unfortunately haven't touched the game in over 2 weeks, I wish I would've know about the rosters before I rushed out for release day buy.
I hope they tone down the level of scripting as this drove me crazy (almost broke the controller).

Lately the other soccer game has been taking my time, it's not perfect either... but found it less quirky.

Back
Top Bottom