PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I wish the bastards would just say what they've changed.

Entire paragraphs about new kits and 70 players who now play a bit differently, and all they'll tell us about the gameplay update is that it's "tweaked".

They've done this for the last couple of years - you boot the game, you get that supposedly helpful "news service" pop-up, and all it tells you is "some stuff has changed, but you can come up with your own theories as to what we've done - we're all still laughing about how you all think playing without any imported kits makes the game better, so without actually changing a single thing, you'll think we've totally ruined, or massively enhanced, the gameplay experience".

They breed placebos.

(Not the forum member of the same name obviously, that would be sick.)

They never detailed gameplay tweaks even with Pes 2014 patches that changed the game quite dramatically.

I was wondering if you guys experience the highs and lows in performance online in this same. For example. I'll win 6 games in a row, scoring wonderful gols and dominating the games. Then all of a sudden the next 5 games I can't do anything right. My players seem like they're in a huge funk and I can't control the pace of the game to save my life.

I've experience similar things in old Pes games online but this one seems more extreme. It's like the game says. Ok ok you're playing too well let me make u lose w bit.

I remember when i was a kid with my friends in school we would have discussions about this, not knowing about scripting or game coding we concluded that it was due to 'your frame of mind' when you play the game :D

I remember one time when i was a kid in a 2nd leg of a cup game against b. dortmund i must have played them about 15 trying to beat them & qualify :D

No talk about Maracana?

And the decent thing would have been to give us something extra as a compensation for the waiting time.
Konami and customers...'

Problems in Pes 2016:

1- Weak AI if not "stupid"
2- The eternal problem (L1) switching to the wrong player
3- Less tactic options (Why???)

Some faces from the octobre 29 DLC, Luuk de Jong, Yevhen Konopolyanka, Jordon Ibe, Danny Ings, Joshua Kimmich, Burak Yilmaz and José Giménez.

No talk about Maracana?

And the decent thing would have been to give us something extra as a compensation for the waiting time.
Konami and customers...'

I would be more happy with lot mare faces than a Maracana, or 6 generic small stadiums from different regions around the world.
btw If its indeed was a licencing issue they should somehow get around it with stadium creator like they did with the kit editor

You may be the 1st complaining about player switching tbh.

Also less tactic? As in the arrows.

I agree on the player switching.

Is it the game?
Is it my tactic that some players are so close together it cannot switch to the right one?
Or am I just doing it wrong?

i u think about it its a bit sad that how much praise PES WORLD and PES NATION gets from Konami, Bhatti now because of their kits, yet they didnt even care about ever giving credit to them before or the PC/Console editing community ever. yet half of the PES games have done by the community ever since. maybe its not even all about giving credit just to show off they have licenced PL and BuLi and how awesome PES because of this

https://uk-blog.konami-europe.com/2015/10/27/pes-2016-october-update/
CSVDlUXWIAAQHR2.jpg:large

CSVDSE9W0AAreW4.jpg:large

PES2016_DP1_PES2016_DP1_12LatestBoots-Large.jpg

Personally i don't need Maracana, i would also prefer 5 or 6 generic stadiums (smaller stadiums, as i want to play with lesser teams).

The licensed teams are somewhat underwhelming, but i understand that this is subjective. I would be very, very happy with the Belgian Jupiler League in the game, but outside of Belgium nobody would care...

Good piece by Asim

As I sit in my room writing this, on 25th October, it’s been more than a month since the release of PES 2016 in the UK. Five weeks and two days to be exact. In the gaming world that is a long period of time. Since its release, Ubisoft has launched another Assassin’s Creed (with two day one patches), plus Rock Band and Guitar Hero have made a return. Oh and Halo 5 is about to come out. See, told you, it’s a long time in this industry. However, when it comes to PES 2016, Konami has yet to release a patch that would update the severely out of date rosters in the game. That, even if you love the series, is bitterly disappointing and (to put it bluntly) inexcusable.
Konami announced the delay to the roster update a week after PES 2016 launched, stating it be available 29th October, on (wait for it) the same day FIFA 16 (their direct competitor) came out in the UK. You couldn’t make it up. Unbelievable. I remember the day vividly as my Twitter notifications went crazy, with angry fans tweeting me all sorts. There was plenty of abuse, mainly because I’m close to the series and someone who works on the game, but I chose to (mostly) brush that to one side. It’s the Internet after all. That’s not the point of this piece though. I’m not here to say some of the tweets and posts were unacceptable (they were), it’s more about giving my opinion on the situation after the streams of boiled piss have mostly come to a halt.
The abuse aside, I can actually understand people’s anger. It’s not the end of the world or anything, but I can understand. Buying any sports game, let alone PES 2016, and having to play with a year old rosters for over a month is just something that should not be happening. FIFA 16 had a downloadable roster update available immediately, even it its trial version. NBA 2K16 features a newly designed court arena that hasn’t been officially shown in a competitive league match yet! It’s crazy. In a world where day one updates and patches are commonplace, paying customers should have to wait this long. It shouldn’t be any more complicated as a team doing all the necessary transfers and then pushing them out live servers for everyone to download. Done, but that’s the case here.
Worse of all it hinders enjoyment of the game’s main single player mode, Master League. I know many people (me included) who are still waiting to start their campaign because of this huge delay. It’s infuriating because the game itself is so good. Currently sitting pretty with an 88 Metacritic score, PES 2016 deserves all the praise it’s received (I love it too), but this situation leaves a sour taste in the mouth of fans across the world. This is why people, fans and paying customers are angry. Sure, you can go into edit mode and do all the transfers yourself, but you shouldn’t need to. You can understand the situation with kits, it’s Konami locked out of licenses by EA. That’s fine. The community gets that; hence the great work from sites like PES World and PES Universe. This roster update thing, well, it’s something else entirely.
What’s the deal then? What exactly happened? Well, it’s hard to know for sure. Right now, the majority of fans think it’s down a lack of planning of Konami’s part. I’ve seen the “typical Konami” line on Twitter and forums probably around a few thousand times now. It’s a shame to see that sentiment being thrown around by people, but it’s justified. How can you look at what’s happened with the roster update delay and think anything else given Konami’s recent history with PES? The simple answer is you can’t. Given the game was released in November last year with a day one update, the lack of planning theory makes the most sense to me. Perhaps it’s as simple that. It sounds silly, but maybe someone forgot the game was launching a couple of months earlier this year. If so, that’s poor. It’s a strange one though, because when I was reviewing the game I was told there would be a day one roster update. That would mean something went wrong between then (shortly after gamescom) and the launch of PES 2016. Hmm, this could be a case for Mulder and Scully.
The other theory is that it’s some sort of technical issue in regards to how the data works. Personally, I don’t think that’s it, but if it is then someone at Konami needs to pipe up and make the update process a simpler one. Seriously, as I said earlier, it shouldn’t be any more complicated than a team updating data at their end and then pushing it through the public servers. It’s how all modern sports games work! That’s why, whatever the reason, it’s inexcusable. Hopefully someone at Konami knows what the issue is now. If so, whether it’s a simple mistake or technical issue, they need to make sure it doesn’t happen again with PES 2017. Delay the game if need be. Just don’t make the same mistake twice. Oh and if it does, don’t use the gameplay quality as a shield to hide behind and deflect amateur-looking mistakes like this.

I am still very worried that the update will wipe out all the the teams I have created for the bundesliga. There used to be a way to save these teams in 2015 (export team) but in 2016 version I don't see it. I am sure that many on this forum have created teams and made edits. Does any one has an idea how our edits will be affected??

The online has been jerky for the last week or 2. Sometimes some type of scrpting/momentum beats your team, and everytime tou are winning by 2 or more your team begins to feel dull, with heavy delayed response times. Its really annoying, passes going to nowhere, receiving a ball is a torment, your players give 2 or 3 steps before doing what you told them, stopping when you make a successful through ball just for you're striker to gain 4m and then slowdown so the defence catches up. Online for the first weaks have been really good but now... It's like if you win 4 or 5 games in a row the next ones you have to loose or draw no matter what.

And please can someone please tweet pesofficial or Adam, and ask them to implemente team filters? Every time I choose to play with benfica or a smaller team I only play agains bayern, real Madrid, man city and teams like that.

I would like to play with lower teams like Boca, or betis, or celta, brags etc, but do to the fact that the game online is a trough ball and pressure fest, having defenders slow and much weaker than the strikers, its just suicide. I'm not willing to get frustrated instead of having fun.

exactly what has been happening to me online and it frustrated me so much that I actually stopped playing the game all together.

BTW if you have a US game on PS4 add me, I'll play you with smaller clubs... PSN :dieci

Great piece by Asim.
Can't understand the abuse.

Heh heh I've been resisting so long to avoid posting anything negative on this thread as I knew I'd get caned for it. Sorry I couldn't help myself that time.

Let me go back to the PES 2013 thread where "me, myself, and I" is posting. :COAT:

Back
Top Bottom