PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

CR6WPUOUYAAIJPE.jpg:large

watch out console users!

New "Last Chance" Special Agent now available! Get them before they dissappear with DP1! http://www.

Steven Gerrard looks like he's transforming into Dr. Jekyll in that picture, Jesus Christ! Has he just seen someone wiping their arse with a Liverpool flag or something? "GERRARD SMASH!"

And then next to him you've got Xavi looking like he's just followed through.

Steven Gerrard looks like he's transforming into Dr. Jekyll in that picture, Jesus Christ! Has he just seen someone wiping their arse with a Liverpool flag or something? "GERRARD SMASH!"

And then next to him you've got Xavi looking like he's just followed through.

LOL

Gerrard was drawn by a Man Utd fan and Xavi by a Real Madrid fan...

I am sincerely loving this game now. Playing all manual on Top Player doing a Copa Sudamerica with Internacional. It has a few flaws but the core gameplay is absolutely terrific.

Why is it that when i play friends online the games are perfect and fun with good scorelines but then I play vs strangers and get super crazy scores ?

..I tell you what, this game really shines when playing with the Copa Libertadores or Sudamericana teams, as well as the Asian cup teams. Played with cola cola, as well as some of the Japanese teams.. and there is huge noticeable improvement in how smooth the animations look. No doubt due to the lower stats of the players, and the game being slowed down (I still play on default 0). Just really seemed to notice it last night...

I personally believe that this is easily the worst PES in years, since I skippes the garbage pes 2014.

For pes 2015 was a much more solid game, despite being a bit basic.

Pes 2016 has been absolutetly crap these days for me, wich is unthinkable due to how much I enjoyed the demo.

Im going to upload a compilation of videos that highlight why this game is so bad.

After the last goal I conceeded, I cant help but think that its embarassing to release such crap game in its current stage.

Im in disbelief by how they could release a worse game than pes 2015. Not that pes 2015 was a bad game, but it felt basic as a first new gen attempt.

Last edited:
Ok, let me be more clear after my rage and frustration have passed:

After some more games with difference teams in brazilian league (ful manual, topplayer/superstar level, -1 speed), I got to say I have mixed feelings about this game.

I think I now "understand" this game better. What happens is that there isnt much different between topplayer and superstar level to be honest.

From my experiences, the team you are playing against is what really determines the dificulty level, and so far there isnt much variation. Whether the game is too hard (wich is actually not real hard, fair challenging but rather pure and simple cheating), and its too easy or relatively easy.

I am playing as Santos, and for me its clear that there are teams like Sao Paulo and Palmeiras that CPU cheats without mercy. Against these teams, the game clearly manipulates stats, its clear that you can hardly win any challenge, all cpu players are stronger and faster, making a good pass into space through the sideways of the pitch seem to be useless as cpu players will easily outpace your players even when they are on a better momentum and are few meters closer to the ball.

The other thing that is annoying is how cpu players get close to each other in their own half keep passing and passing in a way that its hard as fuck to take the ball back. With these teams, CPU also scores the same cheap goals over and over again. Also, it seems to me that the game makes the whole team positioning comoletely messed up, the defence line plays too far from th midfield. If you put some pressure with your midfield players and go up the field a bit, the defence line stays totaly static, creating a huge gap, and theres also no conection between midfield and attack also, my CF start sprinting for no reason, theres no space on cpus defence to explore, cpu defender is right close to him, glued to him, and yet he sprints forward.

I played one game against Palmeiras and I couldnt deal with CPU scoring the same CLONED cheap goals 3 fucking times in the same match. I had to press the PS button, close the game and restart the match. Thi time I got better tho, I improved my defence and didint panic when the cpu was about to make the same cheap goals, and with a bi of lucky I managed to win the match by 1-0.

The game right after this was against Joinvile, wich is not a big team here in Brazil. That match, despite being on top player, felt like it was on amatuer, I won by 3-0 without even trying it. Agains this team, I easily win physifal challenges, inercept passes and tottaly dominates the game. Its far too easy. My last game was against Gremio, a bit more challenging but still easy. Final result was 0-0, I could easily win tho.

As I said, I am having mixed feelings. I didint have any exciting match like I did when I played some Champions Leagu games. Depends on the team I am playing against, whether the game is frustrating due to cheating or it feels a bit too easy against weaker teams.

I dont agree, AT ALL with the idea that playing with southamerican teams is getter, at least on MasterLeague mode.

Last edited:
I think maybe team spirit plays a huge role in those games you find easy could be wrong though

I play on superstar and use a back 5 with the main center back playing like a sweeper (cannot choose sweeper role but i push him further back) and it has helped me some what defend against the cheap AI goals and long balls I just wish they scored more varied goals would love to not know if they are going to shoot into the top corner when in space instead you know they will pass it into the box and lash it low in the far corners everytime if only they could fix this issue the game would be so much better

Ok, let me be more clear after my rage and frustration have passed:

After some more games with difference teams in brazilian league (ful manual, topplayer/superstar level, -1 speed), I got to say I have mixed feelings about this game.

I think I now "understand" this game better. What happens is that there isnt much different between topplayer and superstar level to be honest.

From my experiences, the team you are playing against is what really determines the dificulty level, and so far there isnt much variation. Whether the game is too hard (wich is actually not real hard, fair challenging but rather pure and simple cheating), and its too easy or relatively easy.

I am playing as Santos, and for me its clear that there are teams like Sao Paulo and Palmeiras that CPU cheats without mercy. Against these teams, the game clearly manipulates stats, its clear that you can hardly win any challenge, all cpu players are stronger and faster, making a good pass into space through the sideways of the pitch seem to be useless as cpu players will easily outpace your players even when they are on a better momentum and are few meters closer to the ball

The other thing that is annoying is how cpu players get close to each other in their own half keep passing and passing in a way that its hard as fuck to take the ball back. With these teams, CPU also scores the same cheap goals over and over again. Also, it seems to me that the game makes the whole team positioning comoletely messed up, the defence line plays too far from th midfield. If you put some pressure with your midfield players and go up the field a bit, the defence line stays totaly static, creating a huge gap, and theres also no conection between midfield and attack also, my CF start sprinting for no reason, theres no space on cpus defence to explore, cpu defender is right close to him, glued to him, and yet he sprints forward.

I played one game against Palmeiras and I couldnt deal with CPU scoring the same CLONED cheap goals 3 fucking times in the same match. I had to press the PS button, close the game and restart the match. Thi time I got better tho, I improved my defence and didint panic when the cpu was about to make the same cheap goals, and with a bi of lucky I managed to win the match by 1-0.

The game right after this was against Joinvile, wich is not a big team here in Brazil. That match, despite being on top player, felt like it was on amatuer, I won by 3-0 without even trying it. Agains this team, I easily win physifal challenges, inercept passes and tottaly dominates the game. Its far too easy. My last game was against Gremio, a bit more challenging but still easy. Final result was 0-0, I could easily win tho.

As I said, I am having mixed feelings. I didint have any exciting match like I did when I played some Champions Leagu games. Depends on the team I am playing against, whether the game is frustrating due to cheating or it feels a bit too easy against weaker teams.

I dont agree, AT ALL with the idea that playing with southamerican teams is getter, at least on MasterLeague mode.
Very true and agree it's all of that. I played A Copa Libertadores last night as Nacional. I needed a point to qualify and lost 8-2 to Boca. 6-1 down at half time. I had literally no influence over anything that was happening. My players were in quicksand mode whilst Boca were a blur on the screen. despite playing a defensive tactic my defence were on the half way line. Every , and I mean threw ball or lob found its man with perfection and all resulted in a goal. My passing was down to mid 70% whilst Boca were mid 90. Completely ruined what is a fantastic looking tournament with scripting that simply isn't required.

Dudu. You need to delve into the tactics man.

You know i think since many of us have got used to FIFA over the years most of us stop trying to outsmart the ai tactically and create tactics to shift the balance in your favour.

Yesterday i created a tactics for a really shittty not properly updated porto team and i managed to have an even game vs Chelsea.

This game is 80% about tactics and if the game feels like its cheating. its not really their tactics are just giving the AI too much advantage.

My tip is most of the default formations have the AI playing out wide so set your defensive positioning to wide and compactivness to 4 or lower.

Last edited:

You kno2 i think since many of us have got used to FIFA over the ywars most of us stop trying to outsmart the ai tactically and create tactics to shift the balance in your favour.

Yesterday i created a tactics for a really shittty not properly updated porto team and i managed to have an even game vs Chelsea.

This game is 80% about tactics and if the game feels like its cheating. its not really their tactics are just giving the AI too much advantage.

My tip is most of the default formations have the AI playing out wide so set your defensive positioning to wide and compactivness to 4 or lower.
Well said :) In the times of ISS pro evo and the like there was no FIFA and most people used tactics. Just because it is the strong point of the game. It was and it is still the case. My guess is that 80% of the guys
who complain about the gameplay did not delve in the tactics enough. If you don't do that, you only play with a small part of the game.

The only thing I complain about is the high speed gameplay online.
That really is too arcadey.

I agree with klashman69, I used to play with default tactics before and often get hamered by big teams like barcelona and real madrid, but messing with the tactics the games become more balanced

I agree with klashman69, I used to play with default tactics before and often get hamered by big teams like barcelona and real madrid, but messing with the tactics the games become more balanced
What I'm loving about this years game, tactics is a big deal and also man marking dangerous players is effective as well, providing you have a player that can man mark, but must also have good stats in certain areas like balance and ball winning as well as a few others, for those that haven't created tactics, just put aside 30min and create your 3 unique tactics which suit your players and constantly change all 3 while playing, iv noticed by doing that, all the tough games have been close, cause before I was getting whipped 4-6 nil as well.

I have my set tactics that i use pretty much every game and i've developed them since day one to get them right. i'm now at the stage where i tweak just a few settings depending on my opponent, usually the amount of attacking and defending players, defensive line and pressing.

Funnily enough a compact defence is one of the main principles i try to stick to and generally it works but last night i stuck with it against Spaina nd got absolutely mullered 5-1, i knew i should have changed it!

i`ve played on top player Bayern vs Arsenal

First match 4-3-3 i lose 0:1
second match 3-3-2-2 lose 0:2
third match 4-4-2 diamond and i won. I hit 5 goals in 40 minutes, and quit the game.

Tactics is main thing

..tactics are definitely influential in this game, and if they weren't, you couldn't really call this a football game. I think whats just as important as picking the right tactics against an opposition, is picking a formation that suits the style YOU as a player play this game.
Playing as barca and their formation, I rarely win. This is because my manual passing ability over short distances isnt great, as well as the way I like to play doesn't suit tika taka football - I mainly go down the wings, behind their line, and crossing it in. I find when I play with barca I play too impatiently for my own good (maybe also because I have so many good players to use).
I remember back in the ps2 days, I loved scoring volleys, so hence I did a lot of crossing or cut backs. I guess the fact that volleys, and first time tap ins, are my favourite way of scoring, this kind of influences the way I play this game also. Ive always liked scoring good looking goals. In the ps2 days I soon found out that, after losing to what I felt was inferior human opposition (players who beat me as I was trying to score pretty goals and play nice football), if I played more direct, id play so much better and score more. Im trying to do this with pes16 - play more direct, and try to go through the centre. Old habits die hard, but also influence how you play with different teams and tactics. Anyways, blabbered enough, but I do think tactics (as much as countering strengths of opposition ai) need to also suit your distinct way of playing the game. Ill experiment with picking the teams I play well with, eg. Napoli and sampdoria, copy their tactics and load them for teams like barca. I do understand that your lineup also has some influence on how well your team plays a tactic, but im sure my actual behaviour and how I play is of a greater influence...

.. btw, ive had some success, as lami may tell you, with the good old xmas tree formation 4-3-2-1. Since then, ive also discovered the importance of man marking at the back.

I remember back in the ps2 days (particularly for we2007club championship) I had heaps of success with the 3-2-3-2 formation. They were the days when you could use the arrows to direct players in attack...

You know i think since many of us have got used to FIFA over the years most of us stop trying to outsmart the ai tactically and create tactics to shift the balance in your favour.

Love your signature, Pes 2016 full game is definitely coming on October 29th.

Do we have to save the players that went to another league for example Pirlo?
Will they disappear after the update? Some news about that? Didnt follow the Forum for a month now =/

Love your signature, Pes 2016 full game is definitely coming on October 29th.

Is that what the majority think? The update will address the vast majority of issues ..saying that it's only 3 things for me ..AI fouls, shot variation and tweaking the keepers ..I'm not confident all of those will be sorted though

neither do i but i give them a chance...once again

what platform are you playing the game on?? I am on PS4 and for some reason I like night games more.

PC but doesnt look that much better on PS4 either. i mean there is much more effects on day games for sure.

ps: most games cant do anything about night/day-rain times regarding effects. many games look much worse in these conditions compared to the day-sunny time versions

last another horrible game i saw was F12014(15?) when it was a day-rainy race the game looked like straight out of PS2 with HD textures, no effects whatsoever

Can anyone please advise on how to save the teams I have created (like German teams for example) so it's not lost or have to be recreated after the upcoming update? There used to be import/export teams in pes 2015

Back
Top Bottom