PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Lol just encountered a bug in Copa Sudamericana. In the 2nd leg of the Final, I lost the game in Extra-Time 2 - 3, but the post-match cutscenes shown my team are celebrating complete with trophy presentation. However, the game still register the match as a defeat for me and I got no GP for that.

Getting a crazy amount of free kicks now. It's always around the edge off the box though as I am drawing fouls. I think it's because I tend to try and dribble in this area rather than pass.

Problem is the risk of dribbling in midfield is too high because as soon as you get dispossessed you're in shit Street.

Zee? myclub against the cpu? maybe it forshadows the referee fix at the end of the month

Yes myclub vs CPU but I need to draw the fouls. Also noticed quite a few saves by CPU on lower difficulty levels I saved replays of a few that they usually messed up. They close down and make themselves bigger much more often than before.

Last edited:
This has been my experience as well. Would be interesting to know if other players have noticed this.
Yeah, there's more to it with manual. It's not a wonderful bag of varied attacking styles for 90 minutes, but I do encounter a more realistic build-up more often than I did when using any assists.

The passing accuracy is a bit dodgy but then I've only played exhibition matches so far, usually in CL mode. On Superstar I've played Barca with Spurs, random form, and beat them roughly 75-70 on pass accuracy a few times, but then I've played as Spurs against Leicester City or Aston Villa with the same settings and I often end up losing around 65-90+. The worse teams seem to be on crack sometimes, regardless of setup.

Last edited:
CPU does tackle in this game. They tackle a lot more than the AI on FIFA, Some are clear obstruction. . It just the referee rarely gives the call and always playing the advantage.

Lami, did you overlook my PM? Sended it a few days ago.

Oh, no. Sorry I forgot to respond. I forwarded it to higher ups soon as I saw it a couple days ago :)

Was just overwhelmed with work when I saw it so I forwarded and forgot to respond.

Apologies.

Been playing on manual shooting and games have been close. I think that normal shooting makes the whole game easier. I'll explain...
I switched back to normal shooting and instantly found the entire game easier - not just shooting but everything. I was Arsenal and 4 up v Everton after 25 minutes.
I killed game, changed back to manual shooting and restarted using same teams. After 30 mins it was still 0-0 and Everton were in the game much more. I had only 2 shots with only one on target and Everton were making it hard for me.
Anyone else feel that changing to normal shooting makes the whole game, not just shooting easier?

I haven't played on anything below top player but I would imagine difficulty settings play a part on where the AI shoot. On levels where the AI are more 'intelligent' and therefore clinical they will calculate that there is a higher % of scoring Low than there is high and will nearly always shoot there. It's the same for the human player, the Keepers make worldy saves for 9/10 high shots but struggle when the shot is low so the AI are just effectively exploiting that.

I have said for years that this game needs to have a bigger error margin in many areas otherwise it leads to the AI taking instructions literally and makes the human user look to cheap goals and exploits. Shooting is one big area of that. Look at basic shooting, not enough shots even think about missing the target when you shoot and with advanced shooting the worst possible miss you can do is hit the woodwork. The best example of a literal AI has to be last years game where teama with short pass and possession game mindlessly passed it around the back all 90mins. That has been fixed to a great extent this year so it shows something can be done to fix it but the question is will they? Not if it makes the game any harder for the user by default they won't. People seem to lobe the simplicity of the out of the box game and in turn it affects other players and the AI

I haven't played on anything below top player but I would imagine difficulty settings play a part on where the AI shoot. On levels where the AI are more 'intelligent' and therefore clinical they will calculate that there is a higher % of scoring Low than there is high and will nearly always shoot there. It's the same for the human player, the Keepers make worldy saves for 9/10 high shots but struggle when the shot is low so the AI are just effectively exploiting that.

I have said for years that this game needs to have a bigger error margin in many areas otherwise it leads to the AI taking instructions literally and makes the human user look to cheap goals and exploits. Shooting is one big area of that. Look at basic shooting, not enough shots even think about missing the target when you shoot and with advanced shooting the worst possible miss you can do is hit the woodwork. The best example of a literal AI has to be last years game where teama with short pass and possession game mindlessly passed it around the back all 90mins. That has been fixed to a great extent this year so it shows something can be done to fix it but the question is will they? Not if it makes the game any harder for the user by default they won't. People seem to lobe the simplicity of the out of the box game and in turn it affects other players and the AI

Agreed fully.

Konami needs to find a way to "hide" the AI. At the moment it's almost glaringly obvious and you can kind of see when the AI is going to score.

Agreed fully.

Konami needs to find a way to "hide" the AI. At the moment it's almost glaringly obvious and you can kind of see when the AI is going to score.

They should add sliders but not before they get player stats right, I don't have the current game yet, are the default player stats realistic?

Back
Top Bottom