PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I haven't once said to myself that a player doesn't seem to fit his stats or playing style. Except of course the lack of update with Martial still rated as a 74 overall rated or Sergio Roberto who doesn't have RB as a playable position.

I don't like sliders tbh and dont feel pes should go that route.

I haven't once said to myself that a player doesn't seem to fit his stats or playing style. Except of course the lack of update with Martial still rated as a 74 overall rated or Sergio Roberto who doesn't have RB as a playable position.

even at 74 martial is still a decent player, kind of due to the lessened impact that stats have in the game

PES actually is on that route with the lack of stats. Skills what brings sort of individuality to the players only.

Naah what about player run channels, how they react to loose balls etc the individuality is defo there. I have no doubt in my mind.

People are seeing less stats and making incorrect assumptions on the player individuality.

even at 74 martial is still a decent player, kind of due to the lessened impact that stats have in the game

A players overall rating should be irrelevant if his key stats are accurate.

Of course I would like to see more stats so I know what a player can really do - and edition-, but I don't think the lack of visible/editable stats has an impact on player individuality.

I've been able to see it and feel it a lot. Is not the same to play with Totti or Iturbe, for instance. And I play manual.

Naah what about player run channels, how they react to loose balls etc the individuality is defo there. I have no doubt in my mind.

People are seeing less stats and making incorrect assumptions on the player individuality.

well dont you think more stats would make more different players?

eg. the "skills" make the player behave differently in some kind of a situation to another player but i dont thinke these fancy trick shots with acrobatic finish only is better than having an ability shot technique aswell. because Ronaldo's basic shot and Shane Long's basic shot isnt different at all at the moment. Ronaldo just shoots stronger and more accuratly (about +10-30% because shooting overpowered by default anyway). that Roni can backheel a goal or can do knuckle shot while he takes freekick thats another case.
some basic material here is fucked...Pes Production went way overhead and forgot some basic elements imo

Last edited:
I was more than happy with the PS2 era stats. I don't know why they changed that formula when it was very successful. I don't even know why they resorted to an Overall rating when we have a hexagon or pentagon or whatever it is.

MasterLeague quotes:

Santos FC Coach, ROBINHO, is happy with the team's performance...

Robinho is not even Santos player, let alone Santos coach...

My God... :BLINK:

The other day I was talking about how good this game was playing champioks league.

Today it feels like the worst game ever created. Everything feels sluggish, passing feels like crap with a rodiculously bad ball physics, pteammates ai movement and positioning are laughable, its like theres zero conection betweem midfield and attack, it completetly lacks the natural flow of the game I played before.

Everything feels so weird. Im starting to believe it could be the kits affecting the gameplay.

At the moment, Pes 2016 feels like a step back compared to pes 2015.

Qualifying matchs for braziian cup in master league is simply unplayable. The reaction times of your players are ridicilous, your players feel so heavy and sllugish:

The whole game manipulation is so blatant when you make a pass into space: even when your players have momentum advantage, every cpu player that is behind your players can catch and outpace him few steps.
Hopefully I'll upload videos to prove this.

Not only your players feel ridiculous sluggish, but the ball feels so heavy, the whole game flows so bad.

The PROOF that this is blatant CHEATING from the game is the fact that once you play a brazilian league game, that completetly changes drastically: players respond well, reacts well and the ball flows well like it shouls, but player positioning and teammates movement on the field stay the same, that is: crap.
It might be the team spirit team, who knows.

TeamSpirit seems to be a code name for cheating, in other aspects (team positioning,
Teammates movement, players awereness etc).

Does anyone have any sales numbers on PES 2016? Hearing about how bad NBA Live 16 did had me wondering, and seeing Bhatti silent on twitter for the past 5 days, and the official PES twitter with infrequent tweets over the past 4 days.... has me curious.

Last edited:
A players overall rating should be irrelevant if his key stats are accurate.

This

And it is exactly that I find quite a few players who have amazing stats just don't fit in my team.take Totti for example he is 84 rated SS 88 Rated AMF but I get absolutely no joy from him. He is sluggish can't turn or react quick enough and defensively poor IN MY PLAYING STYLE I then have Leroy Fer and Dominguez or Kasami from Olympiacos and they just fit my needs better.

The other day I was talking about how good this game was playing champioks league.

Today it feels like the worst game ever created. Everything feels sluggish, passing feels like crap with a rodiculously bad ball physics, pteammates ai movement and positioning are laughable, its like theres zero conection betweem midfield and attack, it completetly lacks the natural flow of the game I played before.

Everything feels so weird. Im starting to believe it could be the kits affecting the gameplay.

At the moment, Pes 2016 feels like a step back compared to pes 2015.

definately not getting the experience your getting, are you on ps3 or ps4, cos im on ps4 have full imported kits and i have no issue with gameplay, only difference iv noticed is, there is a small variety of speed difference when playing on certain stadiums, other than that my experience with this game has blown all other versions away and thats with the small niggling issues which hopefully will be sorted in the upcoming patch.

Hey guys,
Im still very much enjoying playing the exhibition games. I do the live updates, and im just wondering if you guys are noticing the game playing any different with these live updates. It was mentioned that the cpu ai was pretty dull in regards to the ways in which it scored goals.. no long rangers etc. I played vs. some of the lower stat French league teams today, and I had a few long range efforts against me.. Im talking about outside the box, going for top corner shots. These long range shots have just kinda popped up.. so its either the teams, or possibly the live updates - im just wondering if the live updates can effect player ai??? Anyways just a thought.

Btw, jeez I stink at playing as bara or Madrid... since I play manual and my quick close passing aint that great, I think this is the reason. Playing as Napoli or some of the Italian teams really suit my game.

Also, that marking tip (I think it was you Lami who mentioned it) works a treat. I mark the cpu cf with my cb and my wing backs with the cpu's attacking wingers. Amazing how much this improves my defence ensuring my players (cpu controlled) track back. Night and day difference.

For the last few years the changelog simply said something along the lines of: improvement to gameplay. Konami never really go into specifics do they. Fifa on the other hand had a very specific changelog with this years update.

Hey guys,
Im still very much enjoying playing the exhibition games. I do the live updates, and im just wondering if you guys are noticing the game playing any different with these live updates. It was mentioned that the cpu ai was pretty dull in regards to the ways in which it scored goals.. no long rangers etc. I played vs. some of the lower stat French league teams today, and I had a few long range efforts against me.. Im talking about outside the box, going for top corner shots. These long range shots have just kinda popped up.. so its either the teams, or possibly the live updates - im just wondering if the live updates can effect player ai??? Anyways just a thought.

Btw, jeez I stink at playing as bara or Madrid... since I play manual and my quick close passing aint that great, I think this is the reason. Playing as Napoli or some of the Italian teams really suit my game.

Also, that marking tip (I think it was you Lami who mentioned it) works a treat. I mark the cpu cf with my cb and my wing backs with the cpu's attacking wingers. Amazing how much this improves my defence ensuring my players (cpu controlled) track back. Night and day difference.

I play the game mainly in exhibition mode and I do get a lot of variety in the AI attacks. I get long rang shots, crosses and all sort of tactics. I think it has all to do with the Exhibition mode not the live update, which I am not using. I don't think the game plays as good in other modes because of the arrows / momentum factors

God this game is arcadish playing online. I feel like I'm playing nhl hockey with the speed and scoring. Can they please patch this ?????

Back
Top Bottom