PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

2aaa80c37d59.jpg

The "PES 2017: the series fans wishes" will be released and sent to the developers on November 6, 2015.
Add to the article:
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/75267/page-2

2aaa80c37d59.jpg

The "PES 2017: the series fans wishes" will be released and sent to the developers on November 6, 2015.
Add to the article:
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/75267/page-2

u might give up mate, they cant even do what they promise and oh yeah...no change in gameplay whatsoever. fouls are still absent, pass support haven fixed at all, shooting is still overpowered. every comment both on pesfan and at wenb had these at the feedback section plus officialpes twitter wall was also full of these. yet there is nothing. they fixed some stupid bug in training for god sake instead

u might give up mate, they cant even do what they promise and oh yeah...no change in gameplay whatsoever. fouls are still absent, pass support haven fixed at all, shooting is still overpowered. every comment both on pesfan and at wenb had these at the feedback section plus officialpes twitter wall was also full of these. yet there is nothing. they fixed some stupid bug in training for god sake instead

Played it with the patch earlier, I actually think -1 speed is faster now, it's even more end to end. I'm on PS3 and the graphics look sharper and the com feels a little more difficult to play against but I'm playing Master League and it's probably all placebo anyway.

So how are people liking the new gameplay patch 1.02 ?

Finally evoweb is back on

I've played 3 matches using default controls.

This is strange from Konami this 'official' line on 'minor tweaks' because the gameplay has completely changed.

Firstly what i thought would happen with the passing has happened and default passing is slower, obeys what it says in the description and isn't easily lazer guided to each player anymore.

The pace has slowed down.

Keepers come off their lines much better and narrow angles.

The AI's attacking play is a lot more natural. The AI tries to run at you more

Shooting has changed, all shots now have more weight on them, even the low shots come off the turf now, so its not lazer guided along the floor, its still a low shot essentially, its now weighted.

All in all what i have noticed is the game seems to now embrace its enhancements from PES 2015. Good stuff Konami. Only negative from a good gameplay update is there seems to be even less fouls now, more that with the updated strategies the rarely come near eachover for fouls to happen

Shame about the complete and utter disgrace regarding the squads AGAIN! :CURSE: There is something wrong at Konami and it looks serious, if they cant get squads right after all this time there must be a serious staff shortage. Pathetic!

This is strange from Konami this 'official' line on 'minor tweaks' because the gameplay has completely changed.

Firstly what i thought would happen with the passing has happened and default passing is slower, obeys what it says in the description and isn't easily lazer guided to each player anymore.

Shooting has changed, all shots now have more weight on them, even the low shots come off the turf now, so its not lazer guided along the floor, its still a low shot essentially, its now weighted.

All in all what i have noticed is the game seems to now embrace its enhancements from PES 2015. Good stuff Konami. Only negative from a good gameplay update is there seems to be even less fouls now, more that with the updated strategies the rarely come near eachover for fouls to happen

Shame about the complete and utter disgrace regarding the squads AGAIN! :CURSE: There is something wrong at Konami and it looks serious, if they cant get squads right after all this time there must be a serious staff shortage. Pathetic!

You playing on PS4?

I was only able to play one game, mother-in-law visit was perfectly timed :D

My impressions based on solely one game:
- some improvement in the lighting
- gamespeed and pass speed seems to be reduced
- I also feel some more weight to shots
- keepers seemed to be more agile as well
- fouls and referees (hard to judge based on one game but seems the same)
- shooting variety from AI - (also hard to judge on one game) but seems to be the same

If my above impressions are valid, than what is missing for me is tweaking the referees, even for the aerial battles and changing the shooting variety.

As for the squad updates:
it's annoying amateurish shit, even any of our interns at the company could do this in a day without any football knowledge..

PS4 I'm using the passing setting 1 and it defiantly doesn't feel as assisted anymore and neither does the Ai passing I've seen the Ai make a few sloppy passes.

Re Fouls no change and that's shocking considering Konami was bombarded with requests for more fouls ,a middle finger up to fans.

Still International cup games restricted to night time ,Why ? I just don't get why Konami purposely did that ,I hate night games they look washed out and like PS2.

Yeah, i am on PS4

Game is really a lot better now, I've watched a few games also and seen more good things.

This is annoying because the squad update fiasco just leaves you feeling like this company has some severe problems it wont recover from.

Will there even be a PES 2017 since its clear they are short on staff and i feel as if the top men at Konami aren't giving out anymore money to the team to develop on things.

Yeah, i am on PS4

Game is really a lot better now, I've watched a few games also and seen more good things.

This is annoying because the squad update fiasco just leaves you feeling like this company has some severe problems it wont recover from.

Will there even be a PES 2017 since its clear they are short on staff and i feel as if the top men at Konami aren't giving out anymore money to the team to develop on things.

Then we start a kickstarter project buy them out and make the best football game ever. The series has an unprecedented community with a tons of talented editors/gameplay editors and a facebook community of 12M people behind..

Yeah, i am on PS4

passing assistance levels are nothing like in 2015 tho. ballphysics they tweaked a bit i'd say

There is one word to describe how I feel after this Data Pack....astonished, and not in a good way :/ just hope too much grief is not sent in the direction of Adam etc, because at the end of the day those balls ups are not down to them imo.

Last edited:
I've played 5-6 games in the ML and my run of results (i.e. games with 4 goals minimum) has continued. I'm seeing no difference whatsoever (and I noticed the official changelog on the news pop-up mentions bugfixes but no actual gameplay changes, the official fix list mentions bugs where you can't fast-forward the game after being subbed in Become A Legend when a player is injured, where your player literally can't move because of some specific set of circumstances, and a few more).

The last game I played - Burnley v Preston - the goalkeepers literally made no saves. There were 5 Burnley shots on target, 1 Preston shot on target, and it finished 5-1.

So, yeah, along with the "we've only updated the transfers up to the 30th" debacle (not to mention that there's loads that haven't been done or have a weird caveat, e.g. there's 10 or so players who have been set as free agents and not just transferred from one team to another - I've been using the BBC's transfer deadline articles to fix everything because fuck them if they think I'm waiting for another transfer update to get all the transfers done before I start a proper fucking Master League)... I'm not really happy about it.

I notice there's not many sites like Eurogamer talking about it. I wonder if that's because of the grade A review scores they've all handed out...

Gameplay seems to be ok. Have only played two matches, but transfer desaster is absolutely not acceptable and a ridiculous bad, really Bad joke.
If i would just reduce it to transfer-gate i wish Konami would go bankrupt and never ever a pes title would be released again, so i have not to deal with this kind of shit.

Once again they proof their amateur status when it comes to customer service and keeping the game up2date.

30th of August as reference for transfers and ignoring deadline day - are they smoking bad weed every day?

I have been reading on other forums this morning / afternoon about how nothing has changed and also re the squad issue (FFS). But after a few games I managed to get in this afternoon it did feel slightly better (I didn't feel there was too much wrong with it apart from the low shots at goal, the freekicks thing doesn't bother me too much, I feel it keeps the game at a decent tempo).

Didn't think about the lighting at first but seeing bonyi's comment I think it actually has improved, it did keep catching me eye previously when the lighting was off but nothing looked 'off' to me when playing after the update.

Also I feel the keepers are improved as well as the shooting, I just played my first CL game on become a legend; I have just moved to Chelsea and the first CL group game was against Juventus away. I have to say first of all, WOW, what a fucking game it was. It was the best game of computer football I have played in a long while. Back to the game, Morata put Juve infront after a cut back and a shot on the swivel; but this time the ball was much closer to the keeper who dropped down and hit the top of the ball with his arm. Damn it felt natural, it was a decent finish which the keeper just could not get to. I didn't feel hard done by or that anything about the move was un-natural. It just looked so so good I can't explain. We equalised through Falcao who, after a bit of pressure from his fantastic team mate (me), managed to find the ball 8 yards out, turn and put it in off the post. Again, it just looked natural, nothing weird. I then had a personal dual with Buffon, cracking one inches over the bar before he pulled off two lovely saves down low just inside either post, one finesse shot and one with a bit of power on. And, again, everything about the shots to the goalkeeper motion, even the ball after the save looked really nice, smooth and natural. Now, I know this was Juve and Buffon I was up against, but if it was a lesser keeper I would not expect the shots that I hit to be saved, they were very good efforts matched by the goalkeeper. The other games I played all felt nice, nothing out of the world happened but nothing that made me raise my eyebrows either.

Just sort of the fucking squads out. C'mon, this is the first football game in years that I cannot wait to put on and play, stop fucking about with stupid little things. Also, please make sure the next patch doesn't reset edited faces please. I play in the France national team with my Pro with legends on, Zidane looks sad with a mohawk :(

what u can feel instantly as gameplay change and its there:

- first touch error is higher
- cpu is harder or at least plays attacks different new ways.
- cpu makes risky passes so gives ball away. cpu keeper aswell
- cpu shots more from different angles, now i wouldnt say shot wont go to the bottom corners but u'll see different shot positions at least than trough ball and close goal
- gks come out more often for trough balls inside the box even defensive or default keepers. offensive keepers run out the box too ofcourse

- no fouls
- R2 is still a goal button basicly

Last edited:
The game is definitely slower, played some champions league game and it is now much more difficult. Much more midfield battles now, and the goalkeepers are also better now.

About the fouls, I think the lack of fouls is because there are so much advantage play, the team who get fouled and when the reff gives advantage, most of the time will get the ball

just saw two obvious fouls in my last game in 2 secs. it wasnt super precise tackles like before but fouls. ref doesnt give a crap. no advantage whatsoever

and i dunno where do you guys get this goalkeeper and shooting tweaks craziness. its the exact same as post patch

About the fouls, I think the lack of fouls is because there are so much advantage play, the team who get fouled and when the reff gives advantage, most of the time will get the ball

That would be okay if we could pick up the ball and refuse the advantage, like in FIFA. The ref gives the advantage everywhere on the pitch, even when you are backed up in your own 1/3 with nowhere to go.

I've even tried hitting super cancel to just ignore the ball, but the ref will just let you stand there. And if you wait too long the CPU will be allowed to take the ball before you take a touch.

You nailed it. This is what I exactly noticed as far as the game play goes. The first thing I have noticed is passing higher margin of error, even on manual. The whole game seem to be a bit smoother and more responsive and passes can be overpowered if you are careful. Not to mention shooting too, it is not as easy and many shots now go ourward.

Last edited:
Does the ball passing GK one foot away from his arm & he cannot be arsed to put his arm out to save it = 'the goalkeepers are better now'?

I didn't say the goalkeepers are good (and I am not saying they are bad) I said they are better. I tried various shots and the Goalies simply react better after this patch.

The game changes every time, the players form, the team spirit, the morale, the tactics used.. all of these effects the player's performance on the pitch. This is not FIFA where you get the same performance from the players every single game you play.

PLayed a few games.... To be honest not much has changed, keepers I felt are the same, stuck to their lines, ref calls nothing and all of the goals the AI scored on me were low corner shots.

Quick question , I hadnt turned on PES for a while,but now that I played, I hit the post a ridiculous amount of times. I think it wasnt like this before (I use manual shooting), and this happened in 4 games I had.

The stats ended up the usual me with 10 shots on goal (half hit the post), the AI 1 shot on goal. Final score me : 0 AI : 1

have also played some games, keepers dont stuck to their lines, CPU shots are also from distance and with more variation, not only ground shots. CPU plays in another way, their attack is different, for me I like it, better than before.

Jeepers it's good to have you guys back.

So sad at how Konami treat their fans. What good is all this great gameplay with the debacle around transfers missing.

Their twitter account went crazy yesterday but I wonder if they even care what we think anymore.

If it wasn't for the community that are always on the ready to offer option files and list players that need to be transferred these guys would be in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom