PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

The slow pace after the patch is a fact.

Now i wonder when Konami will release the missing transfers. Is an emergency.

yes slower game play, higher margin of error on passing and definitely shooting. Played more than 10 games after patch, The game is more closed and games end up with low scores. Keepers are a bit better but I need to play more to make sure if there anything has changed.

Why are you basically suggesting that those who say positive things about the patch or game in general are blinded by their loyalty and love of PES? I don't think this is true. The game with all of it's issues is really good IMO.

I never read that in Chris' post.
What i am thinking is the following (and it isn't necessary the case for Chris, but it could be).

The fact that we are on evo-web clearly indicates that we are football game freaks and that we are or used to be PES freaks.

One might expect us to play more PES than the average gamer.

Generally when, one does something frequently, one gets very good at it.

Couldn't it be that Chris and other people who complain about the high scores simply are too good.

I never considered myself a good PES player. I think compared to the average evo-webber, i'm piss poor.

The game is difficult for me on the highest difficulty level, but if i play one level below, i get the same score lines as Chirs and others mention.

This game needs sliders to tweak the difficulty of the game, it should be possible to customize the difficulty (like in the NBA 2K games).

And about the rosters, i think we will not see up-to-date rosters before the new year and then they will be outdated very soon, once again.

If you start a carreer in FIFA, you can download the latest rosters. That is how it should be done. If Ea can do that, why wouldn't Konami be able to do it?

Iv been smashing this game since release, and after playing with the new patch, this is my experience.
- slower pace especially on -1 speed
- manual passing feels more individualized
- manual shooting feels meatier, and shots go astray with a lot with players around 75 and less finishing stat. Players around 83-85 start to be become more accurate.
- noticing a lot of difference between players that cross the ball too on manual.
- lot more midfield battles
- superstar is a lot more harder, cause defense awareness has improved, still not perfect but good enough.
Definately not placebo, playing on PS4 USA version
Very disappointed with konami and there transfers, amateurs.

Last edited:
USA version feels more free, when on the ball and it is not so glued to player foot. Ball rebounds are more realistic. In the same time PAL version is more on rails, with more glued ball and more skating from players, but have better defences, defence intercept passes and close spaces better more often, than NTSC version.

I think you're right about this, I think the gameplay is tweaked a little from region to region. I have the Japanese version (Winning Eleven 2016), and it definitely feels more free than the EU version of PES 2015 I played last year. I'm also not really experiencing the bad goalkeepers people are talking about. If I shoot from outside the area then keeper tends to make a one handed save (if it's a good shot on target towards either corner) and it goes off to the side. Maybe 1 in 10 or 1 in 15 from distance will score, and quite a few go over or wide or are just caught easily by the keeper.

Regarding fouls / free kicks, there do seem to be a few less than last years PES, but I seem to be getting maybe one significant (ie edge of the box) one every 2 games. I don't really dribble a lot anyway (tend to try crossing more) so I myself wouldn't expect that many. There do seem to be slightly less but not that much, perhaps it's a winning eleven vs pes issue.

Why are you basically suggesting that those who say positive things about the patch or game in general are blinded by their loyalty and love of PES? I don't think this is true. The game with all of it's issues is really good IMO.

I dont think Chris is saying that at all but 2 pages back we had a post that listed several changes someone thought the patch brought and then just below it someone saying the patch changes nothing? It cant be both.

What would help of course is if Konami listed the changes.

I also think if its so hard for konami to do transfers then go back to being an international game only like the old days.

Iv been smashing this game since release, and after playing with the new patch, this is my experience.
- manual shooting feels meatier, and shots go astray with a lot with players around 75 and less finishing stat. Players around 83-85 start to be become more accurate.
- noticing a lot of difference between players that cross the ball too on manual.
- superstar is a lot more harder, cause defense awareness has improved, still not perfect but good enough.

Happy to hear. This is also my experience with the gameplay. I do nőt understand tranders. Taking gamplay changes definately and test them must take far more tine, than doing updates..

Spot on, I really don't know how some people can't feel the changes, I play on PC and immediately can feel the changes after a couple of games. Not that it is perfect, but definitely better than before, and a lot harder. Apart of the transfers, it's a good patch IMO

This sums it up very well. This is more apparent in exhibition mode games

Real life results from ten days ago:
9 games, none with 4+ goals. So, 0%.
V7Y1sgm.jpg

PES results:
5 games, 4 with 4+ goals. So, 80%.
sjTBbGh.jpg

So if you're saying the game is far from realistic, yes, yes it is.

How are the tactics any different from the Premier League ones? I'm using the default tactics and they seem to be largely similar, certainly not drastically different.

Every shot on target is a goal (and is still). That's the first major problem. And I'm still not getting fouled by the CPU more than 2-3 times in a 10 minute match.

If the tactics aren't setup how the teams play in real life, how do you expect the players to follow commands like their real life counter parts do? Its programs following commands, so the commands have to mirror what we see in real life as much as possible for us to get games to flow like they do in real life

in general, any team which has 'All out defence' just sits back and lets you easily get into their final third before you have to work hard to break them down. A number of championship teams have this, more than the premier league teams by default.

One thing which has changed in this game compared to last year tactically is if you team is setup to be 'offensive' don't put 'all out defence' on, only do that for the 'defensive' setups as teams literally all run back behind the halfway line with no intention whatsoever to tackle before that.

Happy to hear. This is also my experience with the gameplay. I do nőt understand tranders. Taking gamplay changes definately and test them must take far more tine, than doing updates..

If the tactics aren't setup how the teams play in real life, how do you expect the players to follow commands like their real life counter parts do?
The AI and game engine aren't anywhere near that responsive and refined. How about players who do real-life things like shoot the ball higher than 2 feet off the ground, I'd be happy with that much.

Last edited:
I have been playing LOTS of 10 min Green Arrow - No Emotion Exhibition matches over and over in the same conditions stadium the last few weeks in an effort to test the game with & without kits/edit data/system data etc. Also been playing the Demo to test things against full game.

I played 4 matches POST PATCH last night and I could not see or feel any difference using the same parameters I have been using for weeks.

Bear in mind I actually do believe as I have mentioned in this thread that things like kits and other data can change the game.

However as far as I can tell in the games I played this patch has CHANGED NOTHING in the gameplay model or even the lighting as some have mentioned - I am happy to play more and be proven wrong but this is my INITIAL exeperience.

Amazing that we cant just get an answer one way or another from Konami/Bhatti/Asim etc.

Also the tweet someone posted with Adam saying that in the future he will be overseeing and working closely with the team responsible for the transfer updates etc. - lets hope he is true to his word and he has brushed up on his Japanese.

It has been farcical this issue. How they can have upto date Live Update squads but not default squads is mindblowing !

then...

I have been playing LOTS of 10 min Green Arrow - No Emotion Exhibition matches over and over in the same conditions stadium the last few weeks in an effort to test the game with & without kits/edit data/system data etc. Also been playing the Demo to test things against full game.

I played 4 matches POST PATCH last night and I could not see or feel any difference using the same parameters I have been using for weeks.

Bear in mind I actually do believe as I have mentioned in this thread that things like kits and other data can change the game.

However as far as I can tell in the games I played this patch has CHANGED NOTHING in the gameplay model or even the lighting as some have mentioned - I am happy to play more and be proven wrong but this is my INITIAL exeperience.

Amazing that we cant just get an answer one way or another from Konami/Bhatti/Asim etc.

Also the tweet someone posted with Adam saying that in the future he will be overseeing and working closely with the team responsible for the transfer updates etc. - lets hope he is true to his word and he has brushed up on his Japanese.

It has been farcical this issue. How they can have upto date Live Update squads but not default squads is mindblowing !

See!

so said PES become all about this rather just sit down with mates and beer to play some footy

You're trying to hard mate, it will screw your mind, this day you will feel this, the next day the opposite. It's like messing too much with sliders in FIFA, the game will never be perfect, just enjoy what you got.

My reflection to.
Apart from the def being tougher,think they back down to much when you run towards them.
But on the other hand I lay with a very good Ac Milan season 4
Play on -2 and it feels a bit faster
On 360

anyone who claims that pass support 1 is less assisted than lvl 3, please dare someone to set up his support without seeing it and try out a game then. lets see if you can FEEL the difference or you just try to convince yourself. its the only way because for damn sure assist levels are far far far away from 2015 and from FIFA(personally i think its the same as post patch but with tweaked ballphysics and first touch error)

no offense but why talk about shooting then? you shoot not the player, its manual. ofcourse you feel rewarded when u score at last and u cant hit the target with high precision. and please dont attack my opinion in the following 10 posts guys that manual is assisted :D :D

Tried to aim outside with manual,and passed wrong.
It's not assisted at all.
Different opinions,and didn't attack you personally,just the general whiners in here

One thing I've noticed immediately is they tinkered with the pass assistance. Almost every game I play online feels like ping pong now. It wasn't like that pre-patch.

Last edited:
This sums it up very well. This is more apparent in exhibition mode games

Nope. I experienced it in UCL games. Milan vs Juventus Quarter Finals. Superstar

First match Home: 0-0
Second match Away: 0-4

The defensive AI is very very though and smart. They make more fouls and differents types of attack. also they miss somes balls too. Is not too perfect anymore.

Now that PES16 has been patched does anyone else believe PES 15 is better ?

at this Point, yes i do (PC player)

- PES 15 keepers MUCH more better
- German commentary totaly bad in PES 2016
- 1 bar pass is 1 bar pass
- highlight replays are not a mess
- not all leauge games at night

hope konami will fix all this...

the main problem are the keepers, almost every low shot is a goal, keepers are broken and remind me of pes 2014. this is a gamebreaker.

Keepers in 2015 are pretty good.

so much fouls are not given, i play the most time with friends 1on1
and the problems are really frustrating.

shure pes 2016 has more animations... thats nice but if the keepers are retarded its not fun to play.

What are the 6 best teams not in PES 2015 that i can make in Other European Teams.

I need to replace

Mrabspor - Fenerbache
Trunecan - Besiktas
Gharnetova - Shakhtar Donesk
Waryamosuk - CSKA Moscow
Blookrows - Celtic
Nelapoltsk - ???

Dinamo Zagreb? Malmo? BATE? Astana?

Maybe one of these Europa League teams:

Anderlect Qäbälä, Lokomotiv Moscow, Rosenborg, Dinamo Minsk, Sion, Liberec, Midtjylland, Legia Warsaw, Club Brugge, Rubin Kazan, Molde, PAOK, FC Krasnodar

What will be annoying is when Data pack 2 comes out then they add even more teams like last year.

What i cannot understand is why Konami haven't setup an option file system in the same way you can import kits using USB files, you cant export EDIT.bin, the same way???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom