PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

juhu00[2];3090115 said:
Quick question guys.

It seems like the com plays different when you play with manual passing instead of assisted or is it just a placebo effect? Not that aggressive, at least it seems to me on top player. Much better feeling.

Has anyone expierenced the same?

I have adjusted to manual shooting now and overall I really like it. Gives back some variet and mor satisfaction. But I can not get a grip with manual passing. I keep fucking up those short passes.

This is the point where the manual controls make the game unrealistic for me cause such things are easy in real life.

Maybe I just have to keep trying. Shooting was hard at first too and now it is natural.

Agree completely I also noticed a bit of leniency from the AI when I played manual. Also those short passes do my nut in as well

I'll say this as well. I personally think it is absolutely vital to assign Sprint to R2 and Special Controls to L2. This allows for Super Cancel to be mapped in a way that feels so much more user friendly that you find yourself using it more. Helps that it is like this to for defending as I have found it makes making adjustments and making little barges into the opposition so much easier. Just makes defending that bit more responsive and balanced against AI overall. I have heard people saying that the R1 = R2 mapping of Super Cancel is the way it should be, that it is old school and for the hardcore but... nah, if EA should get credit for something it is mapping such a mechanic that it becomes second nature - just pulling back on both triggers just feels less of a finger dance.

Super Cancel shouldn't even exist these days.

This game is just love and hate.

On higher difficult settings it is a cheat fest. You can really predict when you are about to get a goal. The com gets unstopable. Always low shot in the corner. The com dances through the defence, some quick passes where you can't even react proberly and bam, and if I try to cover space and not to be aggressive then always the lobbed through ball. Sometimes I see my players moving away to give enough space for the com to get through, or slowing down so I am always one moment to late for the ball.

Also when I lose the ball I always know why, I know when it is my fault, if a carried the ball for to long ect, yet if I find the com in my position, where I think "so now this ball is mine cause you holding the ball for the tick too long" I am not able to get the ball. In situations where I always lose the ball, I am not able to get the ball even if I pressure with to players. The com runs trough as if I am not even here.

This gets me really fustrating. It completley destroys the fun factor.

juhu00[2];3090265 said:
This game is just love and hate.

On higher difficult settings it is a cheat fest. You can really predict when you are about to get a goal. The com gets unstopable. Always low shot in the corner. The com dances through the defence, some quick passes where you can't even react proberly and bam, and if I try to cover space and not to be aggressive then always the lobbed through ball. Sometimes I see my players moving away to give enough space for the com to get through, or slowing down so I am always one moment to late for the ball.

Also when I lose the ball I always know why, I know when it is my fault, if a carried the ball for to long ect, yet if I find the com in my position, where I think "so now this ball is mine cause you holding the ball for the tick too long" I am not able to get the ball. In situations where I always lose the ball, I am not able to get the ball even if I pressure with to players. The com runs trough as if I am not even here.

This gets me really fustrating. It completley destroys the fun factor.

I said a few days about about closing the AI down and that does seem to be the case to beat them at times.

I lost 10 straight replayed game vs Chelsea Superstar full manual -1 speed. I was convinced Chelsea where just unbeatable and perfect and nothing could be done. They kept scoirng every fucking half chance all the time.

then i decided to do a aggressive 4-3-3, FINALLY instead of conceding 3 goals and restarting the match ended 0-0, i missed two golden chances :(

The key difference was the wingers pinned Chelsea back and forced them to go long instead of pass through me, they couldn't build from the back, it also helped to position the formation bit further up the pitch than default.

Tactics can always find you a way even when it seems like the AI are in superman mode, that game i had proved the superman AI mode is when they are getting too much space somewhere and gather momentum. Momentum in this game does feel unfair at times.

Im wondering which is the best way to create the Bundesliga. Should I create the players or edit the players from the fake teams? I think I remember Glen PES World saying he was going to edit the players within the fake teams, but wouldnt these players be defaulted after the 1st data pack?

If this is the case, how many players can you create all together? Just as I want to base copy players who are removed too.

Is there no way to see how many hours you've put into the game offline? Freaking PES 2008 had a very detailed statistics menu and it told you how many hours you've played ML, Exhibitions, Cups, training and even how much time you've been editing.

The closest I can find here is the "Vs COM record" but that's very barebones and doesn't tell me how long I've been playing anything.

I'll say this as well. I personally think it is absolutely vital to assign Sprint to R2 and Special Controls to L2. This allows for Super Cancel to be mapped in a way that feels so much more user friendly that you find yourself using it more. Helps that it is like this to for defending as I have found it makes making adjustments and making little barges into the opposition so much easier. Just makes defending that bit more responsive and balanced against AI overall. I have heard people saying that the R1 = R2 mapping of Super Cancel is the way it should be, that it is old school and for the hardcore but... nah, if EA should get credit for something it is mapping such a mechanic that it becomes second nature - just pulling back on both triggers just feels less of a finger dance.

I re-map the buttons similar to FIFA as that's what I was used to for a long time. So I've got sprint on RT/R2, special controls on LT/L2, manual modifier on RB/R1 and I swap the shoot/cross buttons from the default position to mimic FIFA's settings. Super cancel is easy this way but I've rarely used it whereas I felt I had to use it a lot more on previous versions.

Fired up the demo last night and thought I'd go cold turkey, straight onto Superstar with no passing assists and with manual shooting. The gameplay itself was very enjoyable but the CPU passing accuracy was around 90% in 3 games. So they might vary their general play but I couldn't notice any less accuracy on their passing and their finishing was pretty clinical too!

I didn't tweak any formations or tactics so that could be a factor but in one game they really cut me up. I also felt it could be down to the player switching. If you know where the ball is going to be played but switch to the wrong player, then boom - goal. Maybe I need to use right stick more or just change from semi assisted switching.

Scored this goal with Pirlo though which had a bit of knuckleball about it when I watched it from the other replays. Have also noticed Schweinsteiger's shots have a bit of dip to them.
http://xboxclips.com/CalcioCalabrese/cab506e9-c770-4206-acfa-adfc2b868565

Fired up the demo last night and thought I'd go cold turkey, straight onto Superstar with no passing assists and with manual shooting. The gameplay itself was very enjoyable but the CPU passing accuracy was around 90% in 3 games. So they might vary their general play but I couldn't notice any less accuracy on their passing and their finishing was pretty clinical too!

I didn't tweak any formations or tactics so that could be a factor but in one game they really cut me up. I also felt it could be down to the player switching. If you know where the ball is going to be played but switch to the wrong player, then boom - goal. Maybe I need to use right stick more or just change from semi assisted switching.

Scored this goal with Pirlo though which had a bit of knuckleball about it when I watched it from the other replays. Have also noticed Schweinsteiger's shots have a bit of dip to them.
http://xboxclips.com/CalcioCalabrese/cab506e9-c770-4206-acfa-adfc2b868565

In regards to CPU accuracy, it's a lot better full game, especially when playing against smaller sides

In regards to CPU accuracy, it's a lot better full game, especially when playing against smaller sides

I'm keen to buy it but still haven't found it in store yet. Will try a couple of more shops or possibly wait and see what happens with the later October patch. I have a couple of other games I really want to get to in the meantime.

Is there no way to see how many hours you've put into the game offline? Freaking PES 2008 had a very detailed statistics menu and it told you how many hours you've played ML, Exhibitions, Cups, training and even how much time you've been editing.

The closest I can find here is the "Vs COM record" but that's very barebones and doesn't tell me how long I've been playing anything.

surely you are used to their bizarre decision making practices by now. they remove away decent features for absolute no reason. in 2014 you can customise the main menu with not only your favourite team, but specifically a favourite player. only for the next year's edition they removed it...now we are stuck with some random we dont care about

surely you are used to their bizarre decision making practices by now. they remove away decent features for absolute no reason. in 2014 you can customise the main menu with not only your favourite team, but specifically a favourite player. only for the next year's edition they removed it...now we are stuck with some random we dont care about

Not quite unfortunately, this is my first PES in a long time although I've heard about Konami's incompetence over the years. The thing is it never crossed my mind that they would dumb down something as simple as the statistics pages so much.

So seeing how many games played/wins/losses/etc. you have is all we get now? Smh. There's a statistics tab but it seems to be for online games only. I enjoyed looking at that page in PES 2008 when it told me how much time I've played each individual mode and how much time I've put into the game overall.

I don't understand why they couldn't at least give us a total playtime stat, even a lot of non-sports games do this.

But Konami gonna Konam I guess.

Konami isn't incompetent at all, otherwise you don't make games like PES and MGS.

And what both of you are complaining about is one of the dozens litle features that KOnami have omitted for one or the other reason (my gues is: budget).
I agree that is annoying and even exasperating. But to call it incompetence is way over the top.
And the things that both last posters are complaining about are not exactly game breakers...

I'm getting sick and tired of all the excessive negativity.
I have a question to the mods. Isn't it possible to have a complaints thread about PES2016.
Hence i would not bother reading all those rants (i know this is one too, i'm sorry), i simply want to read unbiased and more or less objective thing about PES. There are also people who aren't exactly happy withsome things, that are able to espress themselves a litle bit balanced. Ith's those posts i want to read.

Maybe this could also have a litle bit of a goodinfluence on the development team...

In the end if you are not negative enough, yo uare considered an idiot (fanboy)...do these people who call me one of the 4 fanboys (the gang of four, LOL) think we are okay with the fact that transfer updat isn't available on day one? I even signed a petition for that reason. But i'm sick and tired of reading the same things for the 69th time...that is a wasteof my precious time and certainly in this periiod when i have real and heavy worries and i come to evoweb for a litle bit of relief...

I'm sorry for this post, but in the end i had to write it...this bothers my for a couple of weeks now. This thread is terrorised by clowns (and i'm not talking about the fantomas and proevofan, please don't take this personal).

right words gerd, it is really better to share the own experiences with the game here, settings discussion and so on.

I'm all for a complaints thread too, would be helpful for linking to Konami reps if necessary. Especially if one of the turbo whiners keeps the first post as an index.

I agree with Gerd and Kije. Perhaps, it might be an idea to structurize things a bit and set up quite detailed online survey where everyone can rate the game on its different aspects, express priorities for improvements and give information about the kind of player one is as to put this all in a context.

The outcome would certainly give some clarity and insights that could help the decision making process. By tweeting the survey to Adam it can be spread among a bigger audience (free copies to be won?). There's just all this data flying around this place but it's very fuzzy and not as effective as it could be.

In the end if you are not negative enough, yo uare considered an idiot (fanboy)...do these people who call me one of the 4 fanboys (the gang of four, LOL)

four_horsemen11.jpg

In the end if you are not negative enough, yo uare considered an idiot (fanboy)...do these people who call me one of the 4 fanboys (the gang of four, LOL) think we are okay with the fact that transfer updat isn't available on day one? I even signed a petition for that reason. But i'm sick and tired of reading the same things for the 69th time...that is a wasteof my precious time and certainly in this periiod when i have real and heavy worries and i come to evoweb for a litle bit of relief...

I know.

Well according to a few people its not even your a fanboy anymore, your deluded and talk crap if your not hating on PES these days :YAWN:

I know.

Well according to a few people its not even your a fanboy anymore, your deluded and talk crap if your not hating on PES these days :YAWN:

I don't accept this anymore.
I don't mind at all that people don't like PES, but i'm tired of the broken record posters.

Glad that i have some support, here.

Konami isn't incompetent at all, otherwise you don't make games like PES and MGS.

And what both of you are complaining about is one of the dozens litle features that KOnami have omitted for one or the other reason (my gues is: budget).
I agree that is annoying and even exasperating. But to call it incompetence is way over the top.
And the things that both last posters are complaining about are not exactly game breakers...

I have a question to the mods. Isn't it possible to have a complaints thread about PES2016.
Hence i would not bother reading all those rants (i know this is one too, i'm sorry), i simply want to read unbiased and more or less objective thing about PES. There are also people who aren't exactly happy withsome things, that are able to espress themselves a litle bit balanced. Ith's those posts i want to read.

Maybe this could also have a litle bit of a goodinfluence on the development team...

I'm sorry for this post, but in the end i had to write it...this bothers my for a couple of weeks now. This thread is terrorised by clowns (and i'm not talking about the fantomas and proevofan, please don't take this personal).

Excellent post.

I'm one of those players who both enjoy the game but have crticisms and would love a complaints thread. Could form good feedback while a thread like this for exchanging ideas and posting positive experiences.

I am probably as guilty as anyone else, but it easy to 'spoil" these games with talk of bugs/exploits which another player may not have encoutered but once seen cannot be unseen.

Glad we get to play with updated rosters in some capacity, even if it is just exhibition and online.

Still beggers belief how they can't update rosters completely until the end of the month, the work is obviously there and has been done, how the hell can they not implement it..

I think it would be great to create a separate complains thread. It is even more effective for those who are unhappy of the game.

Still beggers belief how they can't update rosters completely until the end of the month, the work is obviously there and has been done, how the hell can they not implement it..
It'll be because the offline data updates require accompanying patches, and thus submission to MS and Sony, and either they've already submitted it and it's failed (like you say, the data is clearly there), or, they want to get the data update and game update out in a single submission.

It sounds like the latter, with Adam saying there had been "issues". They may have snuck a fix in there that has ended up breaking something else that MS and/or Sony have spotted (i.e. a "failed submission").

It's a shambles - terrible management on at least one level. But I'm looking forward to the gameplay fixes.

yeah especially looking forward to that, i want to play this online too but only if its fair and doesnt have overpowered and annoying stuffs in it

Glad we get to play with updated rosters in some capacity, even if it is just exhibition and online.

they should implement live update in other modes in the future like FIFA did

I'm a full manual player. So satisfied by PES 2015.

I'm playing this 2016 since the day one and I really feel so bad about it.
The game is great considering graphics, animations... and I was happy for it since the demo.

The problem is not the roster not update (not a new thing in Pes) and it's not the licences or even the online that is not as good as Fifa (that I don't like at all).

IMHO the problem is that Konami mada a choice, it's very clear to me, moving the gameplay from Pes 2014 (extremely simulative in full manual) to Fifa. Everything is now much easy, you feel that the CPU is correcting pretty almost everything. It's that same that you feel when you play an FPS with auto-aim ON or OFF.

They move this game to be liked by the massive Fifa audience. They did the same as Dice did before, when they released Battlefield 3 after the great Bad Company 2.

The speed is too fast, you cannot build anything anymore, you don't have time, you have to pass or quick as soon as possible or you're going to lose the ball.

I'm really so disappointed by this because I can clearly see that they are not going to fix this (patching the game) because this is what they want to offer us this year.

A big step backward from the great Pes 2015.
I'd like to know if you think the same.
Cheers.

its down to the tactics being set up wrong. most of the (!) tactics are designed for end-to end football. very rarely you can find two teams with balanced midfield battles

Back
Top Bottom