PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Guys if anyone has time, try playing the game to
Pass support = off
Shot type = manual
For some strange reason when both of those are on manual, the passing stat of the person your controlling becomes a lot more obvious, the dud passers stand out, it's not that obvious when u have pass support off and shot type on basic, if someone can try it and get back would be great in case I'm suffering from placebo.

Headers: I was in free training all day yesterday (full manual controls), and I find L1+double circle press (ie. low cross) works for more powerful headers. I actually old down L2 as well for the aimer, so I hold down L1+L2 and double press circle as the ball reaches my head. Also found that using Triangle (thoughball) headers lower to the ground.. not hard, just more placement. I do L2 (form aiming)+triangle (for a lower placed header).

But youre right. ive rarely seen powerfull headers.. I think timing is a big thing.. rather than holding the button down for a long press before the ball reaches you. I think you have to press it as it is just about to hit the head.

A couple of other things.. I played a fellow aussie, from Canberra, and manual wasn't great. My connection is pretty good, and im guessing his not so good. But had the issue of delays, and particularly with the first time manual passing.. still get that low output leading to shite short pass.

Also.. has anyone had issues with their mic. In pes15 my mic worked fine for communicating.. in pes16 it doesn't work at all.. he cant here me, I cant here him.. hmmmm...

Guys if anyone has time, try playing the game to
Pass support = off
Shot type = manual
For some strange reason when both of those are on manual, the passing stat of the person your controlling becomes a lot more obvious, the dud passers stand out, it's not that obvious when u have pass support off and shot type on basic, if someone can try it and get back would be great in case I'm suffering from placebo.

been just doing everything on manual, passing an shooting. So youre saying try leaving it to manual passing, but switching to basic shooting and seeing there is a difference in passing individuality of the player your controlling??
To be honest though, since playing manual passing and manual shooting, I cant go back to trying anything else.. manual shooting is amazing :) and unlike some of the trash ive heard on these forums, I get heaps of variation with shooting.. yep there needs to be more total miss hits, an the ones which go way way way over.. but the amount of shots missed and not on target using manual is just spot on... the ai miss their fair share on superstar aswell...

Hey jimi, im just about to start a ML with a Brazilian team ;) thanks for that tip.. would not be surprised if konami really worked on these teams.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ

Now that I've got your attention.... fire up PES 2016 on a different PS4 user account than the one which you imported the kits and emblems on. Create one if necessary.

I just tried it now, playing several games. The gameplay is as it should be! Without the kits and emblems, the game has more animations, as well as smoother more responsive gameplay. This is why there was positive feedback from people BEFORE these kits were released, and why now it's almost uniformly negative.

It probably affects online gameplay too in some way, but I can only speak definitively for the offline experience. This really sucks, but what can one do? Konami have had this problem for 7 years now, it's crazy! Test it out yourselves. I have faced plenty of resistance in previous years, but this is the fundamental cause of why people complain about the game in the initial weeks and wonder what happened, as they enjoyed it at first.

Ever heard the line: "The demo was so much better"! Yep, I will bet you have down the years, many times. It's because when people buy the full game, they tend to install option files (PS3), and the game becomes fundamentally broken. This has affected every PS3 iteration of the series, and I'm not surprised but really heavy hearted that it has followed to the current generation of consoles.

will try it but perhaps it is "placebo" effect...

been just doing everything on manual, passing an shooting. So youre saying try leaving it to manual passing, but switching to basic shooting and seeing there is a difference in passing individuality of the player your controlling??
To be honest though, since playing manual passing and manual shooting, I cant go back to trying anything else.. manual shooting is amazing :) and unlike some of the trash ive heard on these forums, I get heaps of variation with shooting.. yep there needs to be more total miss hits, an the ones which go way way way over.. but the amount of shots missed and not on target using manual is just spot on... the ai miss their fair share on superstar aswell...

Hey jimi, im just about to start a ML with a Brazilian team ;) thanks for that tip.. would not be surprised if konami really worked on these teams.

I agree too mate, ever since iv started playing on manual shooting I cannot go back to basic, it's awesome, again my experience with this game has gone up another level and yes I strongly advise people to give the brasilian league ago it's amazing, it's a balanced league a lot great games. On another note I'm getting a lot out of your chair moments when scoring a goal on Manila cause it's tough to score on that setting, more stat related too, I cannot praise this game highly enough, give it a go fellas

It's also a great league to play ML with while we wait for the 29th to start the euro leagues

Last edited:
The thing about doing a ML with a Brazilian or any other South American/non-European team is that even though I've tried to keep it realistic by only signing domestic players or players from other leagues in South America, other teams in your league end up buying established players in Europe and it makes no sense at all. Just a few hours ago I played a game against Corinthians and they had Andre Ayew out there. And yesterday when I checked my scouting report for a RB it had Hector Bellerin, apparently he got signed by Millonarios, WTF!

Other crazy signings:

Mat Ryan and Fabianski - Santos FC
Rosicky - Figuierense

Wouldn't be surprised if I see Totti at Sao Paulo next time. Speaking of which, the CPU picked him in an international friendly against me when he retired from the Italian NT after the World Cup almost a decade ago. Oh and they also called up Lahm to represent Germany, I wish they programmed it to where certain players who retired from international duty in real life never get chosen by the CPU.

I think the bigger gripe I have is the insane signings though.

Last edited:
After playing a good 6 matches with different sides, definately not placebo, passing and shooting is a lot more noticeable with stats, providing shooting and passing is set to manual, it's tough yes, but lower the difficulty and get used to it, cos once you do I can safely say this game is fakin amazing and I can safely say the king is back high on viagara.

For those who feel there is lag with kits, try using a low res kit. 1024x1024. The usual kits on internet are 2048x2048 as far as I know. That will take 4 times less processing to render the textures and i don't think would make much of a difference. Because gameplay is > graphics

After playing a good 6 matches with different sides, definately not placebo, passing and shooting is a lot more noticeable with stats, providing shooting and passing is set to manual, it's tough yes, but lower the difficulty and get used to it, cos once you do I can safely say this game is fakin amazing and I can safely say the king is back high on viagara.

True that!

I only could enjoy the game when I forced myself to use full manual.

Also when playing full manual the shots of the CPU seem to have more variation either.

For those who feel there is lag with kits, try using a low res kit. 1024x1024. The usual kits on internet are 2048x2048 as far as I know. That will take 4 times less processing to render the textures and i don't think would make much of a difference. Because gameplay is > graphics

What is the default kit resolution for licensed teams in the game? Thought it was 2048x2048??

kits effect the game? what utter bollocks.

always some shit around each year as people decide it must be something thats making PES shit.

Change TV, Take the imported kits out, play with one of your nipples hanging out, play with hand behind your back, edit every fucking team that takes 3 months, try wearing a tutu when playing

seriously. what utter fucking bollocks.

The guys at PES world have tested the kits and they dont affect anything.

(lemme join)
manual passing & shooting affected by stats? utter bollocks.

the ball goes wherever i pull the analog stick. i know its a nice idea to convince yourselfs but i fear only player skills could come in to play means the player can easier hit balls in different situations but no accuracy involved since is up to you. it would ruin the whole purpose. the game has a manual skill fest or a basic passing & shooting arcade fest option at the moment. thats it

(lemme join)

the ball goes wherever i pull the analog stick. i know its a nice idea to convince yourselfs but i fear only player skills could come in to play means the player can easier hit balls in different situations but no accuracy involved since is up to you. it would ruin the whole purpose. the game has a manual skill fest or a basic passing & shooting arcade fest option at the moment. thats it

Sorry gab I have to disagree, if you control a lower side and try passing a long ground ballot thru ballwith a player with low stats he will either get intercepted or over hit, and sometimes even roll slow as well, same applies to high balls too, thats the experience I'm getting, but if your controlling a high quality side, you will rarely get those errors, as for shooting playing on manual, I feel the ball is heavier and floating to goal as being on basic, depending on the player I'm shooting with, I'm getting a lot more variety on manual. It doesn't happen every single pass but to me I notice it's there, maybe konami in the next patch can increase the error in pass to make it more obvious.

Last edited:
(lemme join)

Been playing manual passing and shooting since the game was released, and I have to say I totally disagree with you. There are definitely way would passes and shooting. How can you really tell??.. many times ive ran a straight line with a player.. passed it in that same line (holding the stick that same direction), and the ball has gone wayward a few degrees, but enough to make it a bad pass.
Similarly with manual shooting.. I typically use the L2 feature.. and I can tell in the game, as well as in free training mode, ive had the arrow point one way, and the ball not going exactly that direction.. slightly off etc..
Usually happens on first time shots.. which I think is realistic. Should happen more on long rangers..but I in other forms or shooting it does occasionally happen.
So yeah.. Im certain its either stat driven, or the ai just makes you make a mistake every now and then, based on who knows what (fatigue, position, or maybe the player).

So the power determines low and high, left stick determines direction?

I am playing adv shooting right now

Not sure about advance, but if I were you just go all out and go to the training and shoot on manual and try shooting with different players and ul notice a difference in heaviness

Hey I play full manual, and have both US and Aust version of the game..which one do you have?? Happy to add you and try manual. Havent had an online game with a fellow aussie yet... everyone is either to busy, or bad timing, eg. internet taken over by mrs doing the Netflix and slowing everything down :)

Cool, add me acer0237 and acer0237us

How to do low or high shot in manual shoot?

Just do a quick tap of shoot for low shoot.. best way I reckon. Depending on your position, you'll do a low side footer placement style, or sometimes itll be with instep. If you want the side footer low placement shot guaranteed, then use triangle (through ball..) or you can do the very hard low shot using L1+double tap of circle (ie. low cross).

Again, best way for low shot -in the bottom corner- is with the shoot button, with a very slight tap. I do this with volleys aswell, to ensure they are low.

Also, if you want a lower shot at goal, with the curling sidefooter, holding r2 placement, while pointing at the upright (post), slight tap of shoot, and you can score some really cool placement shots. Very realistic looking as the ball spins in. I always use the L2 arrow when shooting.. awesome function.

kits effect the game? what utter bollocks.

always some shit around each year as people decide it must be something thats making PES shit.

Change TV, Take the imported kits out, play with one of your nipples hanging out, play with hand behind your back, edit every fucking team that takes 3 months, try wearing a tutu when playing

seriously. what utter fucking bollocks.

The guys at PES world have tested the kits and they dont affect anything.
Quality post man.

Not sure about advance, but if I were you just go all out and go to the training and shoot on manual and try shooting with different players and ul notice a difference in heaviness

So true.. try training with Bayern Munich.. its actually really enjoyable. I was in free mode for a few hours, trying different crossing etc.
One thing I always do for manual long balls, is hold the L1 button + L2 (for the aiming) + circle (high pass). The L1 (early cross) button makes the ball travel much quicker as its at a lower trajectory.. great for those crosses that curl into the striker away from the keeper. But.. something I forgot to use, which ive just got into.. I also try the L1+R2+circle.. this simply makes it a quicker cross, but at a higher trajectory.. different from just passing with circle+r2 (the former is much slower and easy for the defenders to intercept). the L1 makes all the difference when passing on full manual.

The only thing im trying to work out is how to knock the ball as far ahead as possible for a sprinting player.. on pes 2014 it used to be double r1 followed by r3 (just before the player touches the ball again). Doesn't seem to work on pes16.. seems its only double r2.. but the ball doesn't go that far ahead of you.. ive seen the cpu do some long knock ons.... like 3-4 meters ahead .. hmmm.. anyone???

So true.. try training with Bayern Munich.. its actually really enjoyable. I was in free mode for a few hours, trying different crossing etc.
One thing I always do for manual long balls, is hold the L1 button + L2 (for the aiming) + circle (high pass). The L1 (early cross) button makes the ball travel much quicker as its at a lower trajectory.. great for those crosses that curl into the striker away from the keeper. But.. something I forgot to use, which ive just got into.. I also try the L1+R2+circle.. this simply makes it a quicker cross, but at a higher trajectory.. different from just passing with circle+r2 (the former is much slower and easy for the defenders to intercept). the L1 makes all the difference when passing on full manual.

The only thing im trying to work out is how to knock the ball as far ahead as possible for a sprinting player.. on pes 2014 it used to be double r1 followed by r3 (just before the player touches the ball again). Doesn't seem to work on pes16.. seems its only double r2.. but the ball doesn't go that far ahead of you.. ive seen the cpu do some long knock ons.... like 3-4 meters ahead .. hmmm.. anyone???

Double tap R1 will knock the ball ahead of you
Yeah those low trajectory balls are awesome especially when u do them with pirlo

Thanks Jimi and Aussiepesfan

My direction is so skewed with manual shooting.

When U shot, it goes to the side for throw in! Lol

Can someone tell me how to direct the shooting on manual

Back
Top Bottom