PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I dont know how some people have such good online experiences. Mine is always laggy as hell and it is IMPOSSIBLE finding another manual player. I have spent up to 20 minutes and couldn't find anyone. If i do find someone they play on assisted and 9 out of 10 times they pick Real Madrid or Barsa.

By the way i have a 15mbps connection with 0.7mbps upload and 35ms ping, more than adequate for online gaming, fifa is smooth as silk for me, so i really dont know what the issue is....how can performance vary so much from person to person?

Maybe the PES- base in your region isn't that big (and perhaps even less manual players then). I'm in Sweden and find people all the time with "similar settings", I have noticed that Italians for some reason really like to have manual settings, good folks. ;)

Definitely not expectation and most certainly cluyching at straws but I do hope klashman is right about the passing situation. It makes sense anyway

I dont know how some people have such good online experiences. Mine is always laggy as hell and it is IMPOSSIBLE finding another manual player. I have spent up to 20 minutes and couldn't find anyone. If i do find someone they play on assisted and 9 out of 10 times they pick Real Madrid or Barsa.

By the way i have a 15mbps connection with 0.7mbps upload and 35ms ping, more than adequate for online gaming, fifa is smooth as silk for me, so i really dont know what the issue is....how can performance vary so much from person to person?

Hey I play full manual, and have both US and Aust version of the game..which one do you have?? Happy to add you and try manual. Havent had an online game with a fellow aussie yet... everyone is either to busy, or bad timing, eg. internet taken over by mrs doing the Netflix and slowing everything down :)

they never made an update based on feedbacks, or they never made one where they stated this in a press release. so im eager to see what they can / want to do based on our feedbacks

- fouls
- gamespeed
- passing level assistance
- overpowered R2 shots, shooting in general
- 1on1s the striker has handicap against keeper

these were the most frequently asked ones at pesfan and at wenb

Really confused this year. Used to be one to analyse both PES and FIFA forever back in the day, but whatever...

So the game reviewers are universally more pro Pro Evo this year whilst the hardcore prefer FIFA over PES? Am I right in this sentiment. Some have even said that FIFA has gone more sim. Played the PES demo, albeit on PS3, so what's occurring this year? Can't see much wrong with PES to be fair from the 10 plus games played. Any feedback would be cool.

they never made an update based on feedbacks, or they never made one where they stated this in a press release. so im eager to see what they can / want to do based on our feedbacks

- fouls
- gamespeed
- passing level assistance
- overpowered R2 shots, shooting in general
- 1on1s the striker has handicap against keeper

these were the most frequently asked ones at pesfan and at wenb

Keepers AI positioning and slow reactions.:R1

Can't see much wrong with PES to be fair from the 10 plus games played. Any feedback would be cool.
Some programming issues that were carried over from last year. Doesn't kill the game, just pointing out the "wrong" as you described. For instance, the CPU never shoots high, and User GKs can't stop low corner shots. I posted a test where I tracked CPU shots/goals:

- All CPU shots/goals traveled 3 feet or less off the ground
- Average CPU shot/goal traveled 18 inches off the ground.
- All CPU goals were scored via soft shots to the bottom corners, the User GK isn't quick enough to cover those as I said.

Some programming issues that were carried over from last year. Doesn't kill the game, just pointing out the "wrong" as you described. For instance, the CPU never shoots high, and User GKs can't stop low corner shots. I posted a test where I tracked CPU shots/goals:

- All CPU shots/goals traveled 3 feet or less off the ground
- Average CPU shot/goal traveled 18 inches off the ground.
- All CPU goals were scored via soft shots to the bottom corners, the User GK isn't quick enough to cover those as I said.

Have you played both mate? If you have which is the better in your opinion?

the recent promotion of adam bhatti to global PES product manager I think is a good thing. THis ties in with my theory that konami PES are embarking on a long term strategy since 2013 (Japanese business stratgies are not in years but planned in decades) but know that to overhaul the game is not an overnight change but a signifiant multi year process. So of course their advisers have told them they need to increase revenue to help fund this direction and thus try and beat fifa at their own game to grab market share off them in the short term. BUt with Adam taking a more senior position, this clearly shows they are aiming to move PES away from historically a very japanese centric game (weird heads in edit mode anyone!) to a more global audience, and one hopefully if adam stays true to his roots, can evolve PES into something that can appeal to the FIfa gamers. but with a simple change in mode/difficulty/settings can also open up the game to become a true footy game fans dream game.

Yeah I mentioned this previously as well, not sure who but someone said they didn't have a problem. Definitely something up with manual passing online

Yep
Whenever is the ball under anyone's controll and you move your player onto the ball and hit a first time pass, the pass is very weak. This need to be sorted as soon as possible.

Lol this thread on wenb is very funny, theres a guy in denial making non sense posts mentioning ping pong passing.

Heres a video that I uploaded last night that I think it highlights pretty well the overpowered pressure in online matchs.

I played a bit different here, I was a bit direct and got nice counter but with not much success in the end.

Non stop pressure is definetly something that creates an unbalancing on this game. I feel like winning a match Im being pressed constantly is such a sacrifice, opponents are too agressive with no consequences, theres no fairplay.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH9X4Lt4F-I

the recent promotion of adam bhatti to global PES product manager I think is a good thing. THis ties in with my theory that konami PES are embarking on a long term strategy since 2013 (Japanese business stratgies are not in years but planned in decades) but know that to overhaul the game is not an overnight change but a signifiant multi year process. So of course their advisers have told them they need to increase revenue to help fund this direction and thus try and beat fifa at their own game to grab market share off them in the short term. BUt with Adam taking a more senior position, this clearly shows they are aiming to move PES away from historically a very japanese centric game (weird heads in edit mode anyone!) to a more global audience, and one hopefully if adam stays true to his roots, can evolve PES into something that can appeal to the FIfa gamers. but with a simple change in mode/difficulty/settings can also open up the game to become a true footy game fans dream game.

Great post Samba.

Heres a video that I uploaded last night that I think it highlights pretty well the overpowered pressure in online matchs.

I played a bit different here, I was a bit direct and got nice counter but with not much success in the end.

Non stop pressure is definetly something that creates an unbalancing on this game. I feel like winning a match Im being pressed constantly is such a sacrifice, opponents are too agressive with no consequences, theres no fairplay.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH9X4Lt4F-I
I guess you played Real Madrid, because you said you got not much succes in the end?
In the beginning Palmeiras was pressing a lot, sometimes with three players around the man with the ball, but Real was pretty well capable to avoid the pressure most of the time.
If players play pressure like this most of the time, then pressure will work against themself, because it is not hard to find a free man for the attacking side to play the ball to. Another disadvantage of pressing so much is that pressing players will get exhausted later on in the match. You can see that in the movie; the pressure was a lot lesser in the second half...

I guess you played Real Madrid, because you said you got not much succes in the end?
In the beginning Palmeiras was pressing a lot, sometimes with three players around the man with the ball, but Real was pretty well capable to avoid the pressure most of the time.
If players play pressure like this most of the time, then pressure will work against themself, because it is not hard to find a free man for the attacking side to play the ball to. Another disadvantage of pressing so much is that pressing players will get exhausted later on in the match. You can see that in the movie; the pressure was a lot lesser in the second half...

If Dudu was playing as Palmeiras well then he was the one doing all the pressuring and sliding. If he was Madrid he dealt with it well. He didn't say which team he was did he?

If Dudu was playing as Palmeiras well then he was the one doing all the pressuring and sliding. If he was Madrid he dealt with it well. He didn't say which team he was did he?

Hehe... he said
which make me think he lost the match, so he was Real and yes he played well against the pressure, despite losing :)

Re: PES 2016 News & Discussion Threadt

Lol

Of course I was playing as Madrid lol.

I did some dumb mistakes there. In one of my couter attacks I could easily score if I passed to one of the unmarked man.

Yes, I wasnt bad there dealing with pressure, but its unfair anyway. For me it makes things tnhard and it requires to much focus.

Im the type of players that like to start from defence, from my own half, and pressure makes this transition between defence and midfield too problamatic.

As I said, I was a bit more direct than I usually am, my I dont sprint much without the ball as I did there, I usually just move with analog without holding r1 and hold l2 to jockey to cover space.

Imo the game becomes much harder for the one who is being pressured. I always thought that there should be much more balancing between both defending methods: covering space and pressuring.

Sometimes it seems to me that people doesnt even need to consider simple contextual factors like the distance between players, they even do that with a defender when theres a signicant distance from the man on the ball, and the problem is lthat the game gives them too much confidence to do that, wich irl it would be suicide.

What I find is that in trying to play too quickly, even if it can bring success, too frequently then that is when the AI will just tear you a new one. It is very tempting to try that hollywood ball or dink over the top but the AI can punish you for it. Once I slow it right down, minimise the frequency of risky moves, I find the AI adjusts its game accordingly while not compromising on its own strengths. I absolutely loved the games I managed to get in last night. Some great keeper performances too, and have be experimenting with manual keeper controls too. Prevented a chip shot goal with a wonderful save while doing so.

A mixture of not playing football games that much in the last two years, not playing for hours on end when I do get a chance now, and me just still learning a few nuances to the gameplay is resulting in a thoroughly entertaining but no less tactical, simulation-like experience.

There are things that need worked on via either a patch or later iterations but I think this series is heading in the right direction.

I will just say that if anyone were to respond with "but online..." then you are talking to the wrong person for that as I simply don't care for online in any game currently. Likewise if someone wants to start listing bugs or whetever: I just don't care at the moment and even if all that stuff is there, I'd rather just discover it for myself and in the meantime hope the developers are being made aware respectfully.

Hehe... he said which make me think he lost the match, so he was Real and yes he played well against the pressure, despite losing :)

By success I mean succes in my counterattacks, not in the final result.:D

I could win by 3-1 or maybe 4-1 if I was bit more lucky and a bit more competent.

Lol

Of course I was playing as Madrid lol.

I did some dumb mistakes there. In one of my couter attacks I could easily score if I passed to one of the unmarked man.

Yes, I wasnt bad there dealing with pressure, but its unfair anyway. For me it makes things tnhard and it requires to much focus.

Im the type of players that like to start from defence, from my own half, and pressure makes this transition between defence and midfield too problamatic.

As I said, I was a bit more direct than I usually am, my I dont sprint much without the ball as I did there, I usually just move with analog without holding r1 and hold l2 to jockey to cover space.

Imo the game becomes much harder for the one who is being pressured. I always thought that there should be much more balancing between both defending methods: covering space and pressuring.

Sometimes it seems to me that people doesnt even need to consider simple contextual factors like the distance between players, they even do that with a defender when theres a signicant distance from the man on the ball, and the problem is lthat the game gives them too much confidence to do that, wich irl it would be suicide.

It's just when you said that you hadn't much success I thought you were Palmeiras. You played well and deserved your win, I was expecting the pressure to be a lot worse than what you'd said. Han and myself were a bit confused there for a minute. . . .I thought I'd walked into the twilight zone.

Apologies, it may have been a bit strong. Look, i've been here since 2005, I'm huge PES fan but there's absolutely no evidence to suggest Konami would make a decision like that.

What I played for the past year or two is irrelevant, I don't want to be overly negative to PES or want you to be but there's being positive and then there's this.

I've mainly kept out of the PES thread because i do have a lot of issues with 2016. I keep an eye on it because i love PES and i want to enjoy the game again. I'll keep out, though unless it's to speak about improvements etc.

Again, apologies if I offended, it wasn't meant.

Ok. fine, no problem

I strongly disagree since thats not the case online.

People sprint and pressure non stop without take into account any context. I dont see any tatical and skills involved on that.

Online is a whole different level of shit. I was speaking about offline.

Also Crudstar is right.

I was playing as Arsenal last night, champions league mode, the cheating was unbelievable.

First there was the joke of match vs Dinamo Zagreb was bad but vs Olympiakos was something else.

Domaintig the match I miss a few chances then they get one corner and the most jammy goal I've ever seen, I then reply quickly with a goal from Walcott, then what's this bullshit?

They get another corner and then my fucking goalkeeper carriers it over the line instead of catching it. I was furious!

half time comes, I'm again dominating the game, having lots of chances,t hey are clearing the ball off the line and all, I then finally score with Alexis and i think, fuck you AI, then, then is where i nearly destroyed my TV screen.

Olympiakos attack from the kick off, it goes up the other end, I clear it and it goes straight tot heir player who runs does a cheap cutback and 3-2

This GAME CHEATS!!!

Have to say my experience with this game has gone up another level in regards to master league, iv just finished playing one season in the Brazilian league and has to be for me the best ever experience iv had in a football game, every single game I played was completely different from each other, here's a few examples of tactics the AI used against me throughout the season.

- key players being shut down
- being pressured and tackled in rival matches struggling to get a shot on goal.
- The AI using key players to dribble past me in a natural way not feeling cheated
- also had games where I dominated thinking that every game will be this easy cos I thought I mastered the game, (got that wrong)
- also had end to end matches
- also had matches against AI where they had 65% possession of the ball
- also had games where midfield was played mostly
- played against teams who made use of there pacey wingers.

The variety of AI tactics used is unbelievable in ML
I know the tactics have been in PES for ages, but this is the first time for me I feel where it all works,
There's a great game here fellas, still defensive AI fouls as well as few others need to be looked at, fingers crossed this patch can rectify a few of those problems.

It's just when you said that you hadn't much success I thought you were Palmeiras. You played well and deserved your win, I was expecting the pressure to be a lot worse than what you'd said. Han and myself were a bit confused there for a minute. . . .I thought I'd walked into the twilight zone.

Yes, pressure can be even worse than that, no doubt.

But pressure on that level is already enough to make the game much harder for the one being pressed. A higher pressure than makes the game close to unplayable imo, specially on PES 2016 where there are only fouls with missed slide tackles.

Have to say my experience with this game has gone up another level in regards to master league, iv just finished playing one season in the Brazilian league and has to be for me the best ever experience iv had in a football game, every single game I played was completely different from each other, here's a few examples of tactics the AI used against me throughout the season.

- key players being shut down
- being pressured and tackled in rival matches struggling to get a shot on goal.
- The AI using key players to dribble past me in a natural way not feeling cheated
- also had games where I dominated thinking that every game will be this easy cos I thought I mastered the game, (got that wrong)
- also had end to end matches
- also had matches against AI where they had 65% possession of the ball
- also had games where midfield was played mostly
- played against teams who made use of there pacey wingers.

The variety of AI tactics used is unbelievable in ML
I know the tactics have been in PES for ages, but this is the first time for me I feel where it all works,
There's a great game here fellas, still defensive AI fouls as well as few others need to be looked at, fingers crossed this patch can rectify a few of those problems.

Good to know you had a great experience with ML as I haven't started one yet. I have been playing mostly exhibition games and I can say that there are a lot of Variety in AI tactics a and everything; each game is different. There are many games where the battles are really in the midfield. That is why I am surprised to hear people talking about lack of varieties, arcadey end to end games. Thinking that might be an online experience then!!

Are you playing 15 mins games?

One thing I would like to give credit to Konami this year is how marking ACTUALLY works.

Last year, taking Barcelona Vs PSG as an example. I always kept Ibra marked by Pique and Mascherano. But that always looked futile, they never actually kept close to him when the attacks took place. And he usually always got away and scored

This year, they stuck to him and shielded the ball. And so much so that Ibra had zero shots in a 12 minute game on Superstar and very few in other matches I played against other teams where i marked their forwards.

Anyone else felt man marking has improved?

I was playing as Arsenal last night, champions league mode, the cheating was unbelievable.

First there was the joke of match vs Dinamo Zagreb was bad but vs Olympiakos was something else.

Domaintig the match I miss a few chances then they get one corner and the most jammy goal I've ever seen, I then reply quickly with a goal from Walcott, then what's this bullshit?

They get another corner and then my fucking goalkeeper carriers it over the line instead of catching it. I was furious!

half time comes, I'm again dominating the game, having lots of chances,t hey are clearing the ball off the line and all, I then finally score with Alexis and i think, fuck you AI, then, then is where i nearly destroyed my TV screen.

Olympiakos attack from the kick off, it goes up the other end, I clear it and it goes straight tot heir player who runs does a cheap cutback and 3-2

This GAME CHEATS!!!
To quote Romagnoli from another thread (I have nothing to add to it):

To be fair, (a) Arsenal having an absent midfield should not be a surprise (so at least PES gets that right), and (b) Lewandowski scored those in a world where passing and shot error exist - hence why he probably felt something when he scored each and every goal.

I know you're just having a laugh, but that genuinely was the style of argument that used to be made all the time on WENB or forums like that, or when FIFA fans would excuse pingpong passing by saying 'watch Barca m8'. It was really infuriating to read because as a style of argument it's obviously reductionist bollocks and proves nothing.

Good to know you had a great experience with ML as I haven't started one yet. I have been playing mostly exhibition games and I can say that there are a lot of Variety in AI tactics a and everything; each game is different. There are many games where the battles are really in the midfield. That is why I am surprised to hear people talking about lack of varieties, arcadey end to end games. Thinking that might be an online experience then!!

Are you playing 15 mins games?

ML plays differently to the exhibition games iv played unless of course konami put more effort with the Brazilian sides, yeah I play 15min games

Back
Top Bottom