PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Competion themed exhibitions play a wee bit differently to standard exhibitions too in my experience.

Quite honestly, people can talk about animations, physics, passing error and alike all they want. When I play a match in the Copa Libertadores, Sudamericana or the Champions Legaue the challenge is there; the gameplay is there; the atomsphere and feeling is there; the entertainment is there.

In these environments the game truly shines like no other before it. Terrific stuff, that is of course not without caveats.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Once I start a ML from the very bottom with either defaults or a second tier side and go on that journey which could eventually see me conquer Europe and with all the Champions League presentation values and atmosphere in place, there will be nothing quite like it. Even just reaching a point where my team makes Europe and plays its first game in the Europa League will feel special. FIFA, with all its licenses simply can't replicate that journey for me. ML therefore sticks to it's near RPG-lite roots in what is largely a pretendo-verse, but what a pay-off, what an endgame is in store opting to take that journey.

ML therefore sticks to it's near RPG-lite roots in what is largely a pretendo-verse, but what a pay-off, what an endgame is in store opting to take that journey.
The RPG elements are one of the things I like about this year's ML the most, actually. Player development seems good, and the "team spirit" - I've mentioned it a few times, but to me, it's a fantastic idea and pretty well-executed.

To make the task of putting a good team together about something more than just "buy the best players" is one of the best things Konami have done in the last ten years, in my honest opinion. It's one of the hooks that keeps me playing PES (with last year's ML I wouldn't be playing it). It makes the game far more interesting.

Have to say my experience with this game has gone up another level in regards to master league, iv just finished playing one season in the Brazilian league and has to be for me the best ever experience iv had in a football game, every single game I played was completely different from each other, here's a few examples of tactics the AI used against me throughout the season.

- key players being shut down
- being pressured and tackled in rival matches struggling to get a shot on goal.
- The AI using key players to dribble past me in a natural way not feeling cheated
- also had games where I dominated thinking that every game will be this easy cos I thought I mastered the game, (got that wrong)
- also had end to end matches
- also had matches against AI where they had 65% possession of the ball
- also had games where midfield was played mostly
- played against teams who made use of there pacey wingers.

The variety of AI tactics used is unbelievable in ML
I know the tactics have been in PES for ages, but this is the first time for me I feel where it all works,
There's a great game here fellas, still defensive AI fouls as well as few others need to be looked at, fingers crossed this patch can rectify a few of those problems.

Jimi did you do your "trackback" and "desroyer" and "not in possesion edits" to the opposition ML teams ? or were they set as default?

But the is shooting output varied enough for human and cpu ai ?

Im personally fine with manual shooting. Theres some variety.

But CPU AI is definetly lacking in temrs of shooting. For ex. Im yet to see the cpu putting the ball on top corner of the goal, the ball never goes above the goalkeepers shoulders.

Im personally fine with manual shooting. Theres some variety.

But CPU AI is definetly lacking in temrs of shooting. For ex. Im yet to see the cpu putting the ball on top corner of the goal, the ball never goes above the goalkeepers shoulders.

Yes. BUT again like i said with defending. The AI will always look for That low shot from 45 Degrees. Ive noticed the AI vary their shooting depending on if you close them down. They will try high shots if their primary shot along the floor isnt available.

In general they ahould vary it up more regardless.

Jimi did you do your "trackback" and "desroyer" and "not in possesion edits" to the opposition ML teams ? or were they set as default?

I never touched any of the brasilian sides, left em all at default. There were games where I smashed thru the defense with fast players and there defensive awareness was bad, but I noticed I was able to do that only against weaker teams at the bottom of the ladder, konami still need to sort that out but it's not bad in ML, I went through a season in 4 days which is something iv never done before, but what kept me going was the difference in team tactics the AI was playing against me which kept me going.

My first 2 goals scored on this years PES.

First Goals

Also here are 3 of the best and varied/different manual shooting goals I've enjoyed scoring so far.

These were all scored with smaller teams and I would urge everyone to try out the small teams this year, especially the Asian Champions League teams. I'm yet to even use Barca, Real or Bayern so far.

Manual Shooting Goals

Thanks for your time.

Yes. BUT again like i said with defending. The AI will always look for That low shot from 45 Degrees. Ive noticed the AI vary their shooting depending on if you close them down. They will try high shots if their primary shot along the floor isnt available.
Post a video. Show us a game where you play only defense: repeatedly hand the ball off to the CPU, and close them down so we can see these high shots you're talking about. The CPU shooting low along the ground is one of the broken coding issues in this game, two years running now. There have been hundreds of posts about this issue. If you in fact have found a way to get the CPU to magically shoot high, then you need to create a video to show how it works. This is huge news, a major breakthrough for all of us, a way to fix the broken CPU shooting that Konami didn't bother to address again this year.

Last edited:
Competion themed exhibitions play a wee bit differently to standard exhibitions too in my experience.

Quite honestly, people can talk about animations, physics, passing error and alike all they want. When I play a match in the Copa Libertadores, Sudamericana or the Champions Legaue the challenge is there; the gameplay is there; the atomsphere and feeling is there; the entertainment is there.

In these environments the game truly shines like no other before it. Terrific stuff, that is of course not without caveats.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Once I start a ML from the very bottom with either defaults or a second tier side and go on that journey which could eventually see me conquer Europe and with all the Champions League presentation values and atmosphere in place, there will be nothing quite like it. Even just reaching a point where my team makes Europe and plays its first game in the Europa League will feel special. FIFA, with all its licenses simply can't replicate that journey for me. ML therefore sticks to it's near RPG-lite roots in what is largely a pretendo-verse, but what a pay-off, what an endgame is in store opting to take that journey.

Jaysus, Curdstar you're confusing me with those highfalutin words "caveat" and "pretendo-verse" lol. I'm only a simple Paddy ... I've a headache now trying to work them out.

Post a video. Show us a game where you play only defense: repeatedly hand the ball off to the CPU, and close them down so we can see these high shots you're talking about. The CPU shooting low along the ground is one of the broken coding issues in this game, two years running now. There have been hundreds of posts about this issue. If you in fact have found a way to get the CPU to magically shoot high, then you need to create a video to show how it works. This is huge news, a major breakthrough for all of us, a way to fix the broken CPU shooting that Konami didn't bother to address again this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V8VnP1nHXw

i don't mind goals in the corners, it just happens too much. Again, its not broken, needs more variety.

Watching CL at the moment.

Another mystery is if you own CL license, why not the presentation is tried to be as near as possible to what you get on TV.

The adboards are not updated, the presentation, team introductions are not resembling what I see on TV, etc, etc, etc.

Are they really so small team or they simply not care..

but I would be more happy if they would fix the most glaring issues:
-keepers inside box
-referees, fouls
- shooting variety

they never made an update based on feedbacks, or they never made one where they stated this in a press release. so im eager to see what they can / want to do based on our feedbacks

- fouls
- gamespeed
- passing level assistance
- overpowered R2 shots, shooting in general
- 1on1s the striker has handicap against keeper

these were the most frequently asked ones at pesfan and at wenb

What? How do you mean?

In my opinion keepers have a huge handicap against strikers on 1-on-1s.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ

Now that I've got your attention.... fire up PES 2016 on a different PS4 user account than the one which you imported the kits and emblems on. Create one if necessary.

I just tried it now, playing several games. The gameplay is as it should be! Without the kits and emblems, the game has more animations, as well as smoother more responsive gameplay. This is why there was positive feedback from people BEFORE these kits were released, and why now it's almost uniformly negative.

It probably affects online gameplay too in some way, but I can only speak definitively for the offline experience. This really sucks, but what can one do? Konami have had this problem for 7 years now, it's crazy! Test it out yourselves. I have faced plenty of resistance in previous years, but this is the fundamental cause of why people complain about the game in the initial weeks and wonder what happened, as they enjoyed it at first.

Ever heard the line: "The demo was so much better"! Yep, I will bet you have down the years, many times. It's because when people buy the full game, they tend to install option files (PS3), and the game becomes fundamentally broken. This has affected every PS3 iteration of the series, and I'm not surprised but really heavy hearted that it has followed to the current generation of consoles.

Now that I've got your attention.... fire up PES 2016 on a different PS4 user account than the one which you imported the kits and emblems on. Create one if necessary.

I just tried it now, playing several games. The gameplay is as it should be! Without the kits and emblems, the game has more animations, as well as smoother more responsive gameplay. This is why there was positive feedback from people BEFORE these kits were released, and why now it's almost uniformly negative.

It probably affects online gameplay too in some way, but I can only speak definitively for the offline experience. This really sucks, but what can one do? Konami have had this problem for 7 years now, it's crazy! Test it out yourselves. I have faced plenty of resistance in previous years, but this is the fundamental cause of why people complain about the game in the initial weeks and wonder what happened, as they enjoyed it at first.

Ever heard the line: "The demo was so much better"! Yep, I will bet you have down the years, many times. It's because when people buy the full game, they tend to install option files (PS3), and the game becomes fundamentally broken. This has affected every PS3 iteration of the series, and I'm not surprised but really heavy hearted that it has followed to the current generation of consoles.

Sounds interesting someone else made a point like this a while back.

This has affected every PS3 iteration of the series, and I'm not surprised but really heavy hearted that it has followed to the current generation of consoles.

To be fair this was even an issue back on PS2 days circa 2003/2004 when we were all on here burning patches onto PS2 backups of Winning Eleven 6FE and the like. Images that ended up stuffed to the seams with translation patches and kit editing and hex edit stuff before they were burned to disc and popped in the console.

Same thing happened when I mentioned it back then ... some people noticed it clear as day and others didnt and labeled us all 'Placebo Effect' nutters.

I also saw it in an even more pronounced and noticeable way on the PC version of PES3. The default version was solid at times against AI but a breeze on the patched version in comparison.

Jumping back to present day the question remains the same to everyone that noticed it back then and to those that notice it today ...

What is the workaround, the alternative solution, the happy medium ???

Because in over a decade no one has properly acknowledged this issues existence in any kind of community wide manner, let alone forged a realistic fix.

There is a glaringly obvious way to sort it but literally no one wants to take it because NO ONE wants to play ANY Football game with weird kits and even weirder team names. Even if that means putting up with weaker watered down gameplay in comparison to what's really on that disc.

Just look at FIFA its made a billion dollar industry off of its weaker gameplay but unquestionable authenticity in the eyes of the masses - seems we all want the pretty girl, no matter the cost.

i think fouling is related to match, competition types. note there were 3 sliding tackles altogether

2 legged Konami Cup Final, Real(cpu)-Barca

1st game
J3L0OeV.jpg

2nd game
p6UrF6V.jpg

2nd game last 5-10 minutes, the cpu brough the ball to the corners on purpose to win some time
5rh3baz.jpg

To be fair this was even an issue back on PS2 days circa 2003/2004 when we were all on here burning patches onto PS2 backups of Winning Eleven 6FE and the like. Images that ended up stuffed to the seams with translation patches and kit editing and hex edit stuff before they were burned to disc and popped in the console.

Same thing happened when I mentioned it back then ... some people noticed it clear as day and others didnt and labeled us all 'Placebo Effect' nutters.

I also saw it in an even more pronounced and noticeable way on the PC version of PES3. The default version was solid at times against AI but a breeze on the patched version in comparison.

Jumping back to present day the question remains the same to everyone that noticed it back then and to those that notice it today ...

What is the workaround, the alternative solution, the happy medium ???

Because in over a decade no one has properly acknowledged this issues existence in any kind of community wide manner, let alone forged a realistic fix.

There is a glaringly obvious way to sort it but literally no one wants to take it because NO ONE wants to play ANY Football game with weird kits and even weirder team names. Even if that means putting up with weaker watered down gameplay in comparison to what's really on that disc.

Just look at FIFA its made a billion dollar industry off of its weaker gameplay but unquestionable authenticity in the eyes of the masses - seems we all want the pretty girl, no matter the cost.

I have been playing minus any kit importing thus far on PS4 and also did so on PS3 before my recent upgrade again. Not on purpose or because of this, just hadn't got round to doing so as yet. I think it might have been yourself Glenn who mentioned this on WENB when I was part of the team around PES2011 time and I definitely noticed it in that game in particular.

I think I might just use the in game templates to get things in a reasonable order with kits, then maybe apply emblems at a push thereafter. I can live with accurate but retro looking kits if need be.

Honestly I haven't noticed any thing different on PS4 but I do remember the kits editing negatively impacting the whole game on PS3

Interesting debate on the edited kits being a potential issue.

Does this include PES licensed kits? ie say I play Arsenal v Chelsea fake kits, its the same as Real v Barca PES licensed kits?

But If I play Arsenal v Chelsea imported kits, then its different to that above?

What differences do we find, is it in terms of difficulty? Is the AI more restricted in what it does?

Back
Top Bottom