PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Quality post man.

Why don't you test it for yourself then lads?

I doubt you'll be saying the same thing. Play two to three games without any kits installed, and go back and play the game on your main account.

So tired of this being dismissed. It's the fucking truth and you are simply giving Konami a pass for their long term oversight.

Last edited:
Of course, I know the reason why people would dismiss this and be in denial. Nobody, including me, wants to play the game without the premier league and other unlicensed teams kits installed. Many of us have put in hours and hours of tedious work so far with this year's version and don't want it to go to waste. We see it as a time investment that pays off.

The kits Glen The Magpie created look stunning this year, leaps and bounds ahead of what we have seen in the past, and this is no reflection on his great work. Konami need to be made aware of this, but it would be great if people could test this and not simply dismiss it. I promise you that you will enjoy the gameplay more in the bare bones version.

I doubt you'll be saying the same thing. Play two to three games without any kits installed, and go back and play the game on your main account.

So tired of this being dismissed. It's the fucking truth and you are simply giving Konami a pass for their long term oversight.

Well I tested it last night with Chelsea and Arsenal on my PS4.

And there was no difference in gameplay regardless of kits being installed or not.

Which data is safe to edit and is not going to get wiped out by a data pack?
All graphics (kits, badges, manager photos), and manager names.

All edits to players, plus transfers, are liable to be reset, I believe.

Not sure how it works for the ML, though - I'm wondering if I fix everything myself, then create an ML, and then all of the data is reset, if my ML will stay as it was?

Not sure how it works for the ML, though - I'm wondering if I fix everything myself, then create an ML, and then all of the data is reset, if my ML will stay as it was?

Cheers Chris.

Following Jim Zukos post about the ML joys, I Started my first ML as Spurs last night, and so far enjoyed it. Only early days yet.

first match 3-3 draw with Leicester. ding dong of a match
2nd match 4-1 loss against Man city - they wiped floor with me
3rd match - dull match with west ham, cancelling each other out, not much goal action, but then after the half time break, managed to catch them sleeping and whipped in cross for kane to miss but chadli to knock in at far post. Out of the seat moment! rest of match was back to dull cagey affair

So far, enjoying the variety of matches and dynamics

Thanks Jimi and Aussiepesfan

My direction is so skewed with manual shooting.

When U shot, it goes to the side for throw in! Lol

Can someone tell me how to direct the shooting on manual

Use the L2 arrow function. Shows you where youre aim is (you may have to turn it on at the screen settings or controller settings.. something like cursor on I think). Also be very conservative with your aiming when direction facing the goal.. ie. go only the slightest of angle to the left of the goal or right of the goal as the slightest of angles can make a huge difference when the ball finally reaches the goal. Practice makes perfect though, go to free training mode. Im definitely getting better, but I still miss heaps. Its realistic.

A few more Tips with manual passing and shooting: a
s silly as this sounds, when I play the game on a ps4 controller, I actually use both my forefinger and thumb to control the L stick (analog stick). I think I started using this since the good old n64 controller.. This method (for me) has so much more control than just using the thumb. Im used to it since the ps2 days, but it makes a bigger difference now that its all analog (360ish).

Also, when I shoot at goal, I try (time willing - not too much pressure from defenders) to size my shot up, meaning I face the way im going to shoot, holding the L2 arrow and aiming as long as it takes before actually pressing the shoot button. I find if I run one direction, and quickly try shooting with L2 to another direction and shooting too quickly, I stuff it up a lot.. takes practice. So if you have time, really size up your shot first.

One final thing, adding to both the first and second tip. I hold the controller stick all the way towards the direction im aiming. ie. if im attacking from left to right, ill ensure the stick is pointed all the way right (with the L2 arrow obviously pointing to the direction im shooting). ie. I don't just pull the stick half way from center to the end. Its all the way to the end, if that makes sense. Means I can hold the aim much better and for longer, as its way more stable.

Double tap R1 will knock the ball ahead of you
Yeah those low trajectory balls are awesome especially when u do them with pirlo

Yeah in pes 14 (not sure about 15) double r1 did knock ball ahead of you further than just the r1. But doing double r1 followed by pressing the r stick (r3) just before reaching the ball, will actually knock it ahead even further. Not quite as far as fifa, but still further than the just double r1.

Ive seen the cpu/ai knocking the ball ahead quite a distance at times. Jeez the manual is very simplistic.. I was hoping there were more advanced moves....

Btw, speaking of which. with the humans keeper being hopeless at saving one on ones (being slow to reach low balls into the corner - hence a goal always being conceded this way), has anyone tried manually controlling the keeper with L1+r3.. and then either pressing square to dive left or right, or double tapping x (manual says this is to dive low and take ball away from oncoming player).. im gonna try this .. might be a way fix the issue of ultra slow keeper...

Where is this from? Will suck for sure but only edited the EPL so far so no harm

Well I tested it last night with Chelsea and Arsenal on my PS4.

And there was no difference in gameplay regardless of kits being installed or not.

I said the same thing yesterday. Tested it on PS4 and saw no difference. I used to notice some issues on PS3 with kit editing but nothing at all on PS4.

kits effect the game? what utter bollocks.

always some shit around each year as people decide it must be something thats making PES shit.

Change TV, Take the imported kits out, play with one of your nipples hanging out, play with hand behind your back, edit every fucking team that takes 3 months, try wearing a tutu when playing

seriously. what utter fucking bollocks.

The guys at PES world have tested the kits and they dont affect anything.

200.gif

Great post :D

This almost made me fall off my chair

Where is this from? Will suck for sure but only edited the EPL so far so no harm
I've imported all the EPL and Championship kits, plus changed all the team names and added all the rivalries too (not sure what that actually does). Forgot to mention that they should all survive the patch too.

I'm going off what I've read elsewhere and also the knowledge of what previous patches change - as far as I can remember, the patch doesn't "apply changes" as much as "overwrite" the affected pieces - so everything to do with players, including transfers, suffers a mass reset. Again, no idea if that effects ML saves or not (I'd imagine not).

Today the online update. Please can somebody tell me if it also does something to the gameplay online?
Somebody who already tried it?

kits effect the game? what utter bollocks.

always some shit around each year as people decide it must be something thats making PES shit.

Change TV, Take the imported kits out, play with one of your nipples hanging out, play with hand behind your back, edit every fucking team that takes 3 months, try wearing a tutu when playing

seriously. what utter fucking bollocks.

The guys at PES world have tested the kits and they dont affect anything.

Test it yourself properly. 2 accounts - one with kits edit data and one with no edit data AT ALL - use 'Guest' option on PS4

Play the same 2 teams in the same stadium at the same time of day in the same season and the same normal grass options.

Same lineups and form arrows - play it over and over again and you should CLEARLY see the difference.

Obviously I know you and most people wont go away and do this as even I being a busy family man cant get the free time I want to test this as much as I would like.

Been playing manual passing and shooting since the game was released, and I have to say I totally disagree with you. There are definitely way would passes and shooting. How can you really tell??.. many times ive ran a straight line with a player.. passed it in that same line (holding the stick that same direction), and the ball has gone wayward a few degrees, but enough to make it a bad pass.
Similarly with manual shooting.. I typically use the L2 feature.. and I can tell in the game, as well as in free training mode, ive had the arrow point one way, and the ball not going exactly that direction.. slightly off etc..
Usually happens on first time shots.. which I think is realistic. Should happen more on long rangers..but I in other forms or shooting it does occasionally happen.
So yeah.. Im certain its either stat driven, or the ai just makes you make a mistake every now and then, based on who knows what (fatigue, position, or maybe the player).

Agreed, manual shooting has much better variety than basic - I have used manual on PES and FIFA before and it works well this year IMHO - vastly better than Basic.

I played a couple of game last night on 'Guest' account on PS4 and I thought the unedited game was MUCH faster (like the Demo) and seemed to animate smoother and just look more fluid - almost like the Kits edited version is missing animation frames or such.The response of players on the default game was just more 'instant' and sped up in comparison to edited.

Where are 'Digital Foundry' when you need them ;-) ... They would be well equipped to get to the bottom of this.

AI was absolutely pinging the ball around so fast and precise and felt more dangerous in attack to me on the Unedited version.

I am sure the versions play/look/feel different, but in a decade of this being mentioned no one can 100% convince everyone that it is and always has been an 'issue'

Much more 'Community Wide' testing is needed - but I dont think anyone will do it if the last 10yrs+ are anything to go by.

Also even if we could 100% prove it - Konami would not likely fix or change it anytime soon.

Has anyone ever asked Adam Bhatti to ask the Tokyo Devs about their thoughts on kits/edits affecting the game ?

Any idea if Konami will slow this game down a bit for online play? I mean, they went from one extent to the other, it was slow and clunky now its way way too fast to the point that you can't play with any sense of tactics. What is wrong with these ppl? Can't they find a natural balance in speed for this game? They are killing the great gameplay because of it.

it is nonsense.
using eimported files would make the team choosing / editing menus lag badly in PES 2014 and a bit less in 2015 but i cannot see this in 2016

I merely enjoyed the man's ferocious outburst, regardless of subject.

Today the online update. Please can somebody tell me if it also does something to the gameplay online?
Somebody who already tried it?
Isn't it a roster update within the game that doesn't require an actual game update to be downloaded? Might be wrong but that's what I've read, and if that's the case, there'll be no gameplay changes. Not until the "big" end-of-October update.

Any idea if Konami will slow this game down a bit for online play? I mean, they went from one extent to the other, it was slow and clunky now its way way too fast to the point that you can't play with any sense of tactics. What is wrong with these ppl? Can't they find a natural balance in speed for this game? They are killing the great gameplay because of it.

I think the online play is subject to many factors that makes it slow or fast sometimes. It has to do with your internet speed, your opponents speed or servers conditions, in addition to the in-game player teams conditions etc.. I don't think you'll ever get a consistent pace.

Started a ML as Palmeires on Superstar difficulty, 1-bar assistance, and first game is a cup game against Santos. I lost 5-2 and thought I had a decent game but the CPU was just good when it wanted to be. Thought I had no chance for the return leg ... and got to full time winning 5-2 and went to extra time where it finished 7-3 to me :LOL:

Absolutely crazy matches.

Oh, and Arouca is amazing.

Had few games this afternoon playing with full manual passing and shooting at -1 speed. Top Player skill level.

It played like a enhanced PES2011, which is a good thing. When I played matches last night with full manual passing but assisted shooting it was torture; as if the AI knew I was using the simpler shooting set-up so made passing it about a ball ache. Coupled with that it was ruthless on the attack making for a truly horrid experience. With these new settings the COM played a more measured game, similar to that of my own, though as it should it would try the ball over the top if it was properly on. As Villareal v. Rayo Vallecano the scores were 0-0, 0-0 and finally 2-0 yo COM as Rayo as I gifted them a goal with sloppy defending and the goal didn't feel like the AI was screwing me or exploiting keepers and low shots. Second was a bullet from just outside the area. Average pass accuracy for me was around high 70's/low 80's, with the com nestling around a similar mark. Good stuff. I dunno, just felt the manual passing game was a little more forgiving when I picked manual shooting. Almost as if the game was showing a bit of respect for me :D saying to me "You're alright, so we will play you at your game. Will be quite the test you opting for manual shooting, so we will be a tad more forgiving on that manual passing shizzle you are using. Respect, man"

Probably placebo but I actually felt player individuality in passing came through greater with these manual settings too regards pass speed, accuracy in tight situations. This, or near to it, should be the default, but with just a tiny amount more in assistance - the way the developers should want everyone to play the game from the off. Don't hide the best possible, most balanced experience under control set-ups.

If only they freed up the level 1 assist so as to not make it all out manual then the game would be very special at this pace and flow. Of course, things need looking at like keepers and shooting regards it being a little easier to balloon the ball and to see the AI do similar.

Last edited:
Quick question guys.

It seems like the com plays different when you play with manual passing instead of assisted or is it just a placebo effect? Not that aggressive, at least it seems to me on top player. Much better feeling.

Has anyone expierenced the same?

I have adjusted to manual shooting now and overall I really like it. Gives back some variet and mor satisfaction. But I can not get a grip with manual passing. I keep fucking up those short passes.

This is the point where the manual controls make the game unrealistic for me cause such things are easy in real life.

Maybe I just have to keep trying. Shooting was hard at first too and now it is natural.

I think the online play is subject to many factors that makes it slow or fast sometimes. It has to do with your internet speed, your opponents speed or servers conditions, in addition to the in-game player teams conditions etc.. I don't think you'll ever get a consistent pace.

Player team conditions online are set to default with all players on green. The gameplay itself is what seems way too fast, like it's on fast forward. Konami is just clueless about certain things, that is obvious!

1/team settings are on greee arrows for all players

2/you pick your team before you get matched with opponent so you dont even see what you will be playing against. This creates situations where you pick Sassuolo and the jerk u get paired with picks Barcelona, or you pick Nigeria and the other guy shows up with Bayern Munich.

3/gameplay speed is way too fast and makes it too ping pong and arcadish.

Last edited:
I'll say this as well. I personally think it is absolutely vital to assign Sprint to R2 and Special Controls to L2. This allows for Super Cancel to be mapped in a way that feels so much more user friendly that you find yourself using it more. Helps that it is like this to for defending as I have found it makes making adjustments and making little barges into the opposition so much easier. Just makes defending that bit more responsive and balanced against AI overall. I have heard people saying that the R1 = R2 mapping of Super Cancel is the way it should be, that it is old school and for the hardcore but... nah, if EA should get credit for something it is mapping such a mechanic that it becomes second nature - just pulling back on both triggers just feels less of a finger dance.

Back
Top Bottom