PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Jeepers just played a bellend online walloped him but what an unsatisfying match the guy was intent on injuring my team of no hopers and he didn't get a red card. Will upload game later.

yeah thanks for the games, manual is just amazing. Not sure if its the new live updates (now you have correct teams with correct formations) but each game played so different.. the variations between serie a for example vs and international were fantastic.. really felt it. Keepers were pretty good, but you may have noticed I controlled my keeper at key points..and sometimes during corners :} just to test it out.. bit of a risk :)
Also, did you notice I do a lot of early crosses into the box..the low whipping type, using L1.. very dangerous. I think I haven't quite developed my style of play yet..but itll come.. id like to work more on some cool tika taka down the middle ..and play more direct in future. Manual makes this a bit tougher to master..rightly so...

Oh yeah, regarding how you set things to manual at the online screen,... well don't think you can.. it basically picks up your last setting. So if you play manual in exhibition/ml etc..and leave it as this setting, when you play online it picks this up. Sucks when its not already set..and you have to go out of online, and to ans exhibition startup.. fix the controls, then back to online. But im always on manual (guessing you are too) so it wont matter.

Anyways, look forward to playing you again soon.. you have a good connection :) it was a good time of the day aswell..morning aussie time...

Yea the timing was great. I was even downloading something off PSN right before our games and was downloading full speed so I was ready to try out online with you and you came at the right time.

Yea I noticed you do a lot of low crosses into the box. I tried to do the same but hoofed it high trying to get a head on the ball and pass it to an oncoming player.

I did notice the first time you moved your keeper during a corner which is why I tried to foolishly curl it in straight but was way off :LOL: I also controlled my keeper at one point by mistake when you went 1v1 with my keeper and I panicked. I had to think quickly and run towards you but I think I pressed the wrong button and went opening up the goal for you hah. Then even dived all wrong!

Btw, I played the first 2 games using the default camera, I think dynamic wide. It looks ok but when the players are far up I could hardly see much. Then I found out I could switch cameras so I did that half way through our 3rd game to wide or long. Sadly no custom cam.

Hope I didn't bore you with my playing style. Looking forward to playing you again :)

EDIT: Really enjoyed playing as Chievo and West Ham btw.

Last edited:
I'm not the greatest player of PES as I haven't really played it much over the last 6 years

Really enjoyed the demo this year

Retail version to me feels different and on-line the player reactions are so slow

Also score lines are ridiculous and its ended up a few times 7-1 through no massive fault of my own but the keeper playing like a retard

Yea the timing was great. I was even downloading something off PSN right before our games and was downloading full speed so I was ready to try out online with you and you came at the right time.

Yea I noticed you do a lot of low crosses into the box. I tried to do the same but hoofed it high trying to get a head on the ball and pass it to an oncoming player.

I did notice the first time you moved your keeper during a corner which is why I tried to foolishly curl it in straight but was way off :LOL: I also controlled my keeper at one point by mistake when you went 1v1 with my keeper and I panicked. I had to think quickly and run towards you but I think I pressed the wrong button and went opening up the goal for you hah. Then even dived all wrong!

Btw, I played the first 2 games using the default camera, I think dynamic wide. It looks ok but when the players are far up I could hardly see much. Then I found out I could switch cameras so I did that half way through our 3rd game to wide or long. Sadly no custom cam.

Hope I didn't bore you with my playing style. Looking forward to playing you again :)

EDIT: Really enjoyed playing as Chievo and West Ham btw.

didn't bore me at all.. Just awesome to play with variety, and that's what playing against other full manual players is like... brings a whole new dimension to the game. yeah the b teams are treat to play with.. love playing with zenith or some of the mid range Italian teams. I have another mate, locally, but his speeds aren't as good.. so really noticed the difference playing against you.. much more responsive. Im not the greatest player.. but I usually like playing patient.. and try passing it around before figuring out an opening. But sometimes that kills me.. I make a mistake at the back etc. I think you did the same. Sometimes I need to force myself to play more direct... anyways look forward to more games soon.. actually really got into online for the first time in a long time.. that's a positive :)

I really enjoyed this game at first but gone over to FIFA again, purely because of depth of game and how fouls have been implemented, hopefully the issues will be sorted end of October

didn't bore me at all.. Just awesome to play with variety, and that's what playing against other full manual players is like... brings a whole new dimension to the game. yeah the b teams are treat to play with.. love playing with zenith or some of the mid range Italian teams. I have another mate, locally, but his speeds aren't as good.. so really noticed the difference playing against you.. much more responsive. Im not the greatest player.. but I usually like playing patient.. and try passing it around before figuring out an opening. But sometimes that kills me.. I make a mistake at the back etc. I think you did the same. Sometimes I need to force myself to play more direct... anyways look forward to more games soon.. actually really got into online for the first time in a long time.. that's a positive :)

Oh yeah. Thanks for that straight pass from your keeper :P Thankfully I didn't miss and buried it nicely in the top corner :SMUG:

What are Konami doing all year if we have to go in and edit every player and team? It's like buying call of duty and editing soldiers to shoot their guns more and throw more grenades.

No it isn't and you know that damn well.
Try to post something remotely orignal or interesting.

Everybody has got your message koud and clear: you don't like PES2016.

Don't understand why the mods were against that complaints thread. Now we have to put up with posters like him.

I don't agree with him, but i respect his opinion (really, i do), but why do we have to read 101 variations of the same post?

No it isn't and you know that damn well.
Try to post something remotely orignal or interesting.

Everybody has got your message koud and clear: you don't like PES2016.

Don't understand why the mods were against that complaints thread. Now we have to put up with posters like him.

I don't agree with him, but i respect his opinion (really, i do), but why do we have to read 101 variations of the same post?

It's exactly the same. We have players not programmed to play how they play. The same.

why would anyone pick PES XBO/PS4 over PC? really? for that few lighting effects, for a bit better crowd, for raindrops on camera, for sharing videos? i understand if someone have PS4 only tho or just prefer consoles

i think the moaning in the PC thread is a bit over the top. as patches, mod starting to come out im starting to feel sorry for console users since by default the game itself doesnt offer that more graphicaly, contentvise on next gen and there arent even option files

if i'd have PS4 too i'd still buy it on PC

What are Konami doing all year if we have to go in and edit every player and team? It's like buying call of duty and editing soldiers to shoot their guns more and throw more grenades.

Without taking this thread into a "bash mode" I have to agree, they dont have to edit anything like that each year apart from slap fake teams each year, so you would think they have a part of the game thats a breeze to update and then spend core time making some great leaps ... but ... sort of .... dont :CONFUSE:

i think the moaning in the PC thread is a bit over the top. as patches, mod starting to come out im starting to feel sorry for console users since by default the game itself doesnt offer that more graphicaly, contentvise on next gen and there arent even option files

Very true indeed, but bear in mind some of the things they ignore in PC that even modders cant fix would and should be in and worthy of a complaint (dynamic weather/shaders/rain kicked up on pitch etc). So theres always something that kicks off a bash session (all be it milked to the point of going too far of course).

I think its fair to say that next year is then 3 years of doing what EA did for 2014 (NG consoles got better visuals etc) and that was only for 1 year of the game and then they brought all platforms up to match, of Konami dont bother to do this next year me thinks its well worthy jumping ship.

Last edited:
It's exactly the same. We have players not programmed to play how they play. The same.

No it isn't.

And now i'm using the same arguments as you: none at all.

Posts like this should be deleted...but if you can do it, i can too...

Note that the post above mine says exactly the same thingas you, but this poster actually has something to say.

I will not bother other poster any longer with posts like this, but i just wanted to show you how easy it is to bore other people...

To all the rest: i'm sorry. Will not happen anymore...

I do like pes16. Been playing it a lot last few days. If Konami could iron out the obvious glitches then it would be great.

Jeepers just played a bellend online walloped him but what an unsatisfying match the guy was intent on injuring my team of no hopers and he didn't get a red card. Will upload game later.

Here is the game BTW smooth as hell as almost always with my 10mbps download and 1mbps upload wired broadband connection in south Africa

https://youtu.be/Uo9pUsQ-JHs

playing games on daytime and what looks like late afternoon, everything looks absolutely fantastic. The lighting is out of this world. :BOP:

Great goals there mate well done . . .I still can't master manual shooting.

Cheers pal.

Stick with it - relax into it and dont panic & it will come natural in time.

I still miss the goal loads but that's what I like, adds variety and realism at times.

another problem found.
this is a goal scored on top player.

I think it's kinda logic problem in the defense, they are trying to keep the form to strictly or seem like everybody is waiting for the other to tackle.

Happens to many times and on top player and superstar as well. I was able to score several times this way.

Don't come to me and say to play differently and not exploit AI problems.

This shouldn't happen, This should be addressed as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbbxJFlj--0

You gots to chill. I haven't fixed the game or anything and have not claimed to have; pointing out what is working for me in stats editing and enhancing my own experience of the game is all. Vanilla game very playable so long as you perservere with manual passing at least, if looking for a tad more realism.

My edits are merely an attempt to enhance exhibition matches and... well, I'm just fucking about with game. I fon't really want to nor should I need to but while on the offline roster update I am just tinkering because I ain't starting ML or editing until that comes to pass.

Can someone tell me. When I moved to advanced shooting, every time I have a shot I see a big yellow target in the goal. What am I meant to be doing? Hitting it? Moving it??
Thanks

Napoli - Manual Shooting Goals Montage

This game ... This team ... This freedom.

What joy.

Napoli are fantastic in the game. Scored a lovely wee pure centre forwards goal with Higuian last night but in my new flat sans internet so can't share.

After some further edits I have Iniesta under AI control playing ridiculously realistically; always romoting retention and circulation of the ball and picking lovely passes; silky touch in the dribble when need be.

Honestly feel that when we move on to PES2017 build-up I can truly change this game up over those close season months next year so as it offers a challenge.

I think that with Konami's cheeky wee coup in obtaining the EURO license for next summer we might get some gameplay enhancements that freshen the experience up. I just hope Scotland make it there.

This could be one of those PES titles if fully optimised by the devs throughout its lifecycle could be a PES title people will hold in high regard like a PES5/6.

Sounds like sex.

Yip, I'm told I'm highly skilled at manual shooting during that as well. ;)

Great goals indeed. Is that manual passing as well?

Thank you.

No default, but there was a couple of manual crosses and the like in the clip.

I've used FULL manual for months before on PES & FIFA but I sometimes think as someone who plays Football (5 a side mostly now) it isn't that hard to do basic passes IRL so the game can be counter realistic using it. Real Footballers don't have any difficulty making 15 yard passes, even Pub players don't.

I also like to save manual passing as an option further down the games lifecycle to increase the longevity and challenge of the game if needed.

Done similar thing with previous FIFA titles, starting on Semi passing and then going to Manual once the game was starting to become easier.

It basically 'gives you somewhere to go' with your skill ceiling if you plan to play it until PES 2017 comes out.

Lastly I do think level 1 default passing is FAR too assisted though and would prefer something like the setting before manual that we had on PES 2013 for example, it was a great happy medium and let stats still shine through and was challenging but fun.

If I was to play this game on the couch style with mates or online I would only want to play full manual both players but against laser accurate AI its different.

I also don't allow myself to abuse first time passes as you will see in the video I usually always take a touch or turn and then assess options like real life players mostly have to do. I kind of restrict the use of first time passes instinctively now to preserve some realism and challenge ... I bet you I'm not the only one on here that does this.

Let's hope the patch makes level 1 a LOT less assisted as its pointless as is because all 3 assisted settings are barely any different, I tested them in free training to see if Konami had somehow mislabeled them and one was less assisted than default ... But nope they are all much of a muchness.

This could be one of those PES titles if fully optimised by the devs throughout its lifecycle could be a PES title people will hold in high regard like a PES5/6.

Agreed.

Last edited:
Napoli - Manual Shooting Goals Montage

This game ... This team ... This freedom.

What joy.

Good stuff ;) I know the feeling. Manual is the only way for me now. Its so natural if you just give it some time.
Btw, you should try using Italian Commentary.. really adds to the authenticity of the seriea games. Had a ball with sampdoria the other day.. the exhibition live udate meant I could go nuts with crazy cassano..

Oh yeah. Thanks for that straight pass from your keeper :P Thankfully I didn't miss and buried it nicely in the top corner :SMUG:

hahah.. yep remember that clearly.. pressed x instead of circle :) knew I stuffed up during the run up.. and nothing I could do :)

In the past, I used to have my keeper just pass it to one of my back wingers to play it from the back, but the aerial battles this year is on another level - im loving the hoof up field, aiming for someone tall and flicking it on to another player. Now you can actually use a defender in your own half, to do an early low trajectory cross (L1+circle) to a tall man, who flicks it on (x), to an attacker running on. You couldn't do this properly in pes15. Better ball physics have helped, with deflections being better, as well as better AI with attacking runners kinda pre empting things.

Cheers pal.

Stick with it - relax into it and dont panic & it will come natural in time.

I still miss the goal loads but that's what I like, adds variety and realism at times.

I also find using (holding down) L2 is the key to get your aim before firing away, but also being more conservative with pulling the stick in the up (left of the post) or down (right of the post) direction. Best to start aiming directly for the middle of the goal, and ever so slighty aim for either side. The further you are away from goal, the more of a difference only the slightest of angle will make.

Free training on manual pass and shoot is an absolute joy, and great of course for practice :)

Back
Top Bottom