PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Good stuff ;) I know the feeling. Manual is the only way for me now. Its so natural if you just give it some time.
Btw, you should try using Italian Commentary.. really adds to the authenticity of the seriea games. Had a ball with sampdoria the other day.. the exhibition live udate meant I could go nuts with crazy cassano..

Cool, Yeah I plan to use all the commentary languages for a few weeks at a time through the year and it should again add to the longevity of the game.

I've probably only played in total about 25 actual 15 minute matches of PES 2016 full game so far as I have been editing and testing things a LOT and so Drury isn't grating quite yet but he will at some point. ;)

Can someone tell me. When I moved to advanced shooting, every time I have a shot I see a big yellow target in the goal. What am I meant to be doing? Hitting it? Moving it??
Thanks

Just give it up on Advanced as it is pretty much broken by design I found - hitting some form of woodwork 8-10 times a match isn't realistic but will happen on Advanced.

They should have designed it to go OVER the bar or PAST the post with too much stick leaning/pushing towards the goal as we have taught our muscle memory to do for our whole Football gaming lives but they basically treat the extremities of your push as contact of the goal frame.

Switch to Manual for an all round better and more realistic feel.

Last edited:
Absolutely love manual passing. Have to try manual shooting though. If it brings more variety then I'm all for it. But the problem remains with the com shooting. Getting tired of the AI scoring with the same low shots all the time and my GK barely stretching. This to me is the game's biggest problem.

Yeah, despite issues with English commentary - in terms of things being said out of place and not enough vocabulary etc, I really enjoy Drury's outbursts... shots on goal and actually scoring.

Btw, this was mentioned in the earlier posts, but how awesome are the day matches.. finally konami have made the grass look like grass and the lighting is absolutely amazing. Also I love some of the tweaks they have made to older stadiums that they've had in previous versions, eg. Saitama.. love how the shading has now moved back off the field a little. The default ones look awesome as well.. now if only konami can increase these through future dlc's.

btw, anyone know of the stadium list for Winning Eleven 2016??? Is that supposed to be out already - will do a quick check. Wonder if some of the issues have been sorted in this version, eg. the keeper and foul issues. Anyone got it yet???
Ive already purchased two versions of the game: US (cos I wanted it early-lack of patience) and Aust (so I can play online with locals) hahah so I don't think ill be getting the Japanese version anytime soon.. unless there are big changes... but I am working on my patience :P

actually.. just saw the oct1 release date of we2016.. so itll be interesting what this version has to offer.. anyone got it or know about this version???

btw, anyone know of the stadium list for Winning Eleven 2016??? Is that supposed to be out already - will do a quick check. Wonder if some of the issues have been sorted in this version, eg. the keeper and foul issues. Anyone got it yet???
Ive already purchased two versions of the game: US (cos I wanted it early-lack of patience) and Aust (so I can play online with locals) hahah so I don't think ill be getting the Japanese version anytime soon.. unless there are big changes... but I am working on my patience :P

actually.. just saw the oct1 release date of we2016.. so itll be interesting what this version has to offer.. anyone got it or know about this version???

I usually like to buy the spring (our summer) season WE version like blue samurai etc as they're more refined and play better overall. Not sure they're releasing one this time though. They did release a 2015 myclub only digital version for free on the Japanese PSN this year.

Well.. quite a few youtube clips of we2016 since its been out for 4 days. Havent seen much, but Japanese kits look great and commentary fantastic as usual. Looking for other changes like gameplay n stadiums etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h6Tr4jHrcU

Looks like Winning Eleven is the simulation brother of Pro Evolution Soccer this year too. Love the pace of the game in this video. Will look for more user reviews. If WE has a more realistic pace, will get that.

Watching Eve vs Liv and must say it looks more like PES than Fifa.

Have a look at the foul stats and compare again
Also if we are talking single player look at the variety of shots and passing error . I loved PES from day one but give FIFA time and it's more realistic. Looking forward to PES patch though to see if it improves

Last edited:
found an interesting if not AMAZIG screen on players details. It shows you what type of tactic system best suites the player! I jsut wish there was one screen that showed every player all at once so you can make changes based on that

Had some great online league matches this weekend with manual passing and shooting. Can't wait to play again.

I had no lags in about 10 matches. But I have to say that when the opponent has a bad connection the game is unplayable on manual.

Really enjoying PES 2016 since the roster update in online modes.

Finally got to play a few games after getting back from my hols.

Played as Tottenham in Champions League on full manual on Top Player and it was tough if I'm honest and I only scored one goal as shots are going all over the shop. Passing is good though and I don't mess up simple 5 yard passes. I struggle with crossing sometimes though as they go behind the goal quite a lot.

I know a lot of people say the keepers don't react quick to low shots but have you tried pressing the triangle button when the keeper needs to make a save? I know it is the button that brings the keeper out but it's a habit I picked up from the PS2 days and I find that when I press it the keeper reacts quicker. It may be placebo but Lloris was making many good saves diving down low when I pressed the button.

Defending is great and as some have said don't press press press otherwise the through ball is on. I normally cover the gangway and get the CPU team mate to the dirty work of pressing.

I actually had to drop a level to Proffesional because I need to get better but then I got slaughtered 4-0 by Wolfsburg. Overall I'm enjoying it so far and will start a ML soon.

Thinking of picking QPR as they've been up and down quite a bit and I would like to see them up up there.

Any tips on strategy guys? Haven't had a chance to experiment yet so I'm not too familiar with how it works. I will probably try to find a manual online. :))

Last edited:
I installed all the international and Premiership kits for PS4 and have played a lot of games over the last few days but even on setting 1 its ping pong passing.
Finally cursing the game took the plunge and went full manual. It was really hard to get used to but I stuck with it and WOW what a game changer. I think the Ai doent pass or shoot as good anymore meaning much more variation and way better games. Have even scored headed goals now and every goal is different and much more satisfying. Im really enjoying it now even though at times my passing is terrible lol

Need more fouls and better keepers and why cant you play an International cup in daytime? its always at night and daytime looks way better. Hate the replay camera ,the replays were better in PES 6 why is it so bad?

Re Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty where is he? come on Konami hes joint top scorer in Euro 16 Hope this is sorted for the Euro16 DLC.

I installed all the international and Premiership kits for PS4 and have played a lot of games over the last few days but even on setting 1 its ping pong passing.
Finally cursing the game took the plunge and went full manual. It was really hard to get used to but I stuck with it and WOW what a game changer. I think the Ai doent pass or shoot as good anymore meaning much more variation and way better games. Have even scored headed goals now and every goal is different and much more satisfying. Im really enjoying it now even though at times my passing is terrible lol

Need more fouls and better keepers and why cant you play an International cup in daytime? its always at night and daytime looks way better. Hate the replay camera ,the replays were better in PES 6 why is it so bad?

Re Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty where is he? come on Konami hes joint top scorer in Euro 16 Hope this is sorted for the Euro16 DLC.

I agree totally, it's the same on PS3. On manual the CPU makes mistakes too. As you said the replays are not great. I always prefer the replay to be just as I played it left to right or right to left, not a close up of the boots and the ball.

why cant you play an International cup in daytime? its always at night and daytime looks way better.

This is annoying me also, even in the customisable Konami Cup you cannot alter Stadium settings/time of day/season etc.

It's just silly, people on twitter/Facebook need to hit up Adam Bhatti & Official PES and ask them to get the devs to open these options and stop greying them out in all modes.

Does anyone know why some exhibition game you play have the all the same digital adboards and the adverts on the grass by the side of the goal and then other games you just have the standard adboards and no adverts on the grass ???

I can't work out what setting or stadium selection causes it to alternate ?

Any tips for handling stamina? I feel that it drains too quickly, what do you guys think? For example, I did a match as Man City and Silva was red by the 60th minute even though I had barely played with him. It seems like the AI does a ton of sprinting off the ball so there is no way to protect players with low stamina.

What a match I just had. Germany (me) vs Holland (AI)

Was 2-0 down then scored this. Ended up scoring a late equalizer with Gotze in extra time!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehl2_narSsw

I also had a great match yesterday against Germany (I was England) in an international league that I set up while waiting for the data update, I should have uploaded it! I guess England and Germany must be set up already as rival teams? But there were plenty of fouls and yellow cards from either side and with a 14 min match it flowed beautifully with the stoppages. I lost 2-0 on top player with manual passing and shooting but it was such a great contest.

After the game though, went to my game plan and both baines and Henderson are out for 10 weeks! Never been so happy and annoyed at the same time!

Will they sort out the online lag? I'm enjoying the concept of myclub but it's unplayable online. I've no interest in playing offline games so what to do. I don't want to sell up and get Fifa as this is a far better game but honestly, is there an option?

I know a lot of people say the keepers don't react quick to low shots but have you tried pressing the triangle button when the keeper needs to make a save? I know it is the button that brings the keeper out but it's a habit I picked up from the PS2 days and I find that when I press it the keeper reacts quicker. It may be placebo but Lloris was making many good saves diving down low when I pressed the button.
I don't think it's a placebo. A lot of pages ago I already said the same about pressing triangle. Got not realy reply on it. Maybe most people indeed think it's a placebo.

Any tips for handling stamina? I feel that it drains too quickly, what do you guys think? For example, I did a match as Man City and Silva was red by the 60th minute even though I had barely played with him. It seems like the AI does a ton of sprinting off the ball so there is no way to protect players with low stamina.

depends on tactics and how much you run with the players. in 2016 mostly the midfield then the wings die because all of the team tactics are set to counter attack basicly. midfielders running up and down and wingers do the same no matter if its Juve or Barca, thats why they are dead in the 60th minute. stamina system is more fair this year tho

Enjoying this. Played some games over the weekend. I want/need to stop flicking between the 2 games and nail one properly.

Does the pitch seem a bit smaller than previous years?

I had a great game as Barca v PSG and won 4-3 with a suarez hat trick. His 3rd came off his shoulder via a mis timed header and lobbed the keeper!
I shouldve saved it but have no idea how to with share/youtube.

I have switched to full manual shooting as well.

So i am playing ML with atheltico madrid, and noticed that there is no midfield battles. You are allowed to easily get up the pitch then the cpu just parks the bus. I hope this is down to tactics. Anyone else with ideas..

Back
Top Bottom