PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

After you do that make sure their central midfielders are destroyers which enables tackling and make sure you enable track back to all midfielders and defense, which enables pressure. Whoever deicdes to give it a go let us know what your experience was like.

sorry but how to do that exactly?

Am I the only one who finds creating chances and finishing them far, far too easy? Yes, I play on basic shooting and level 1 pass assistance, but it's still ridiculous.

I've been playing online and loads of games finish with 8+ goals scored over 10 minutes. I've tried all kinds of teams and tactical setups, but there's always just too much space and the forwards always seem to be in the advantage when coming onto a pass.

Today I've played a match which ended 8-8 vs a friend with whom I play a lot. On PES 2015 such a result was impossible, even on full assisted controls.

no your not the only one i have tried and tested so many different things to get the goalkeepers to save low shots in the box but it does nothing

tried making the strikers have 50 for kicking power and gk 99 in all relevant stats to see if it helps them get down quick enough to save but first test in training mode the ball was just flying in with ease nothing can fix it other than konami speeding up GK reactions and animations and making the AI vary their shooting all they do is put it low in the corners its a goal everytime...

i have fifa 16 i think its a decent game but i find PES the more enjoyable game in the middle of the pitch and the fact that changes to tactics actually has an effect on what the players do on the field its just i cannot play the game with these GKs and same goals everytime tried to ignore it but its ruining the game for me worse thing is people on adam bhattis twitter are saying 'gks are fine for me' whenever anyone pulls it up as an issue

Any edits out there to help the Goalkeepers be more pro-active in the box/1v1s?

After testing a few things, the only way for all keepers to be very active is to copy Neuer's stats and abilities. I'm not sure which one has the right effect, but maybe explosive power, acrobatic and offensive GK helps? There used to be a 1v1 ability and that was taken out...

After testing a few things, the only way for all keepers to be very active is to copy Neuer's stats and abilities. I'm not sure which one has the right effect, but maybe explosive power, acrobatic and offensive GK helps? There used to be a 1v1 ability and that was taken out...

I will give it a try but how do you copy all abilities from player to another?

I've been playing on professional, manual passing/shooting, and with CPU form arrow all up and User all down. This is pretty much the only way it's possible for me to have 0-0 and 1-0 matches with the CPU. Obviously only works on exhibition matches, but it's not like we have updates rosters for competitions anyway. Oct 1 we'll have updated squads for exhibition, at least. Hopefully the Oct 29 patch improves the default gameplay, so people won't need to manually edit all players and teams.

So pay £40 for a game and then you have to edit EVERY team from top to bottom? Fuck that. What are Konami doing every year? If they charged me £10 then fair enough.

So pay £40 for a game and then you have to edit EVERY team from top to bottom? Fuck that. What are Konami doing every year? If they charged me £10 then fair enough.
Konami have no idea that people want a global edit function, or that people want to edit the gameplay themselves (only kits etc.) - the vast, vast majority of people who buy a game put the disc in the drive and play it as-is with no thought of modification. Like it, or don't. Play it, or return it. We're a mouthy minority, here. The 1%.

It's like the guys who say "play manual to make the game great". I can barely get a game on the Xbox One with a below-average MyClub team, let alone play a manual game, and I wouldn't want to anyway - I don't want to turn a Premier League team into a bunch of Sunday League players and neither do the vast majority. If the default settings aren't fun, it's a bit of an excuse IMO (and it is just my opinion) to say to others "you're not playing it to its full potential". It works for you, it doesn't work for others. It's the principle. I want the game to be fun with the default settings, and given that they're exactly that - the default settings - it damn well should be. It's how the game is made, and set-up, to be played.

It's a football game, not a flight simulator. If full manual is the only way to play, where does it end? Left stick for left leg, right stick for right leg? Push back and forth alternately to walk/run? Hold L1 to take a deep breath and regain energy? Controller angle determines foot angle? (Actually, I like that one...)

(Also, if we're going to go down the "I paid £40 to have to do this" route, I think the bigger scandal is paying for a game that has 2016 on the box but features 14/15 rosters, as that's something that affects everybody, and not just the guys who read on a forum somewhere that editing every player's stats makes the game better, and then even CONSIDER it, but... We've discussed this.)

Last edited:

Yep lot of people deceived this year, think people will know now to wait two months after release for future titles that's if they buy it again.

Pay 35 bucks for a game and then have to edit every team from top to bottom? Okay, if that's what it takes to improve the gameplay and to have a great football game, then away I go. (And which I have been doing.)

Other, glass-is-half-full perspective and approach.

Konami have no idea that people want a global edit function, or that people want to edit the gameplay themselves (only kits etc.) - the vast, vast majority of people who buy a game put the disc in the drive and play it as-is with no thought of modification. Like it, or don't. Play it, or return it. We're a mouthy minority, here. The 1%.

It's like the guys who say "play manual to make the game great". I can barely get a game on the Xbox One with a below-average MyClub team, let alone play a manual game, and I wouldn't want to anyway - I don't want to turn a Premier League team into a bunch of Sunday League players and neither do the vast majority. If the default settings aren't fun, it's a bit of an excuse IMO (and it is just my opinion) to say to others "you're not playing it to its full potential". It works for you, it doesn't work for others. It's the principle. I want the game to be fun with the default settings, and given that they're exactly that - the default settings - it damn well should be. It's how the game is made, and set-up, to be played.

It's a football game, not a flight simulator. If full manual is the only way to play, where does it end? Left stick for left leg, right stick for right leg? Push back and forth alternately to walk/run? Hold L1 to take a deep breath and regain energy? Controller angle determines foot angle? (Actually, I like that one...)

(Also, if we're going to go down the "I paid £40 to have to do this" route, I think the bigger scandal is paying for a game that has 2016 on the box but features 14/15 rosters, as that's something that affects everybody, and not just the guys who read on a forum somewhere that editing every player's stats makes the game better, and then even CONSIDER it, but... We've discussed this.)

VEry good post!

I have forced myself to play manual because I really wanted to like the game.
On manual I struggled a lot and had to get used to it.
The things I was complaining about became very little and partially non-existend playing on full manual.
But not enough to make me jump out of my seat.

Anyway it is like you said it: the game should be fun with the deafult settings.
And that´s where they almost lost me, unfortunately.

Pay 35 bucks for a game and then have to edit every team from top to bottom? Okay, if that's what it takes to improve the gameplay and to have a great football game, then away I go. (And which I have been doing.)

Other, glass-is-half-full perspective and approach.

Yeah, its disgusting we get a incomplete game.

But in lieu of a good footy game (cant get on with fifa) willing to tweak Pes to make it enjoyable.

I think Konami have suffered from lack of resources (why else no overhaul of the modes, lack of stadiums, and better editing), lack of vision and also trying too hard to appeal to the casual footy gamer whoc dont care about the nuances we all do on evo web.

Sort of agree with this.
I tried full manual and i was slaughtered by the CPU. The game was frustrating and of course no fun at all.
So i decided to play with assist 1 and without manual shooting. Play a ML on superstar and it's great fun.
Of course not playing on full manual is very bad for my street credibility on this forum, but i've always maintained that i'm a bad gamer...but bad gamers are gamers too...(this no reply to Chris, by the way).

Another coherent and well written post from u that i 100% agree with.

Of course not playing on full manual is very bad for my street credibility on this forum, but i've always maintained that i'm a bad gamer...but bad gamers are gamers too...
I know the feeling, I feel like playing offline is training for online and then within five minutes some screaming seven-year-old from the other side of the world has handed my arse to me... :CRY:

VEry good post!

I have forced myself to play manual because I really wanted to like the game.
On manual I struggled a lot and had to get used to it.
The things I was complaining about became very little and partially non-existend playing on full manual.
But not enough to make me jump out of my seat.

Anyway it is like you said it: the game should be fun with the deafult settings.
And that´s where they almost lost me, unfortunately.

I've mentioned this elsewhere but this is where the PES community hold the game back. Too quick to accept crap because they love the game so much.

I'm not saying this game is crap but for years all i've heard on the forums is "i don't want to play manual, PES has always been about stats". Now the game is a mess assisted and there's a sudden shift in attitude. "this game must be played on manual to really appreciate it" etc etc.

PES fans are often incapable of seeing past their love for the series and being objective. They'l nitpick in the most ridiculous area like nets, yet accept fundamental flaws because recognising those would be negative about the game as a whole.

I actually have problems with manual on PES, too. Players are still very much on rails in terms of runs and it makes playing it a chore for me. If i play a manual pass into space, i have to fight with CPU to move my player from running towards the ball's destination to actually taking the quickest route to get to the ball. (hope that makes sense)

With assisted, you don't have these problems as much as players movement and ball movement are interlinked.

?? it ends where the best balance is found.

just because you play full manual does mean you have to go further and want to control each individual leg or something. that makes no sense. in fact the exact same argument can be made against assisted controls to: "so i have to partially aim my passes on assisted? oh, where will it end, will i have to partially control my players breathing to?". makes no sense to apply this "where will it end" argument to only manual controls

Last edited:
I actually have problems with manual on PES, too. Players are still very much on rails in terms of runs and it makes playing it a chore for me. If i play a manual pass into space, i have to fight with CPU to move my player from running towards the ball's destination to actually taking the quickest route to get to the ball. (hope that makes sense)

I changed my setting on my Controller, but if I press R2 + L2 (I cant say out of my mind which button would be yours) you can move the player they way you want, while going for the ball. Or, if you see you cant reach the ball anymore, you can just stop your player with that.
Or simply, take the shortest way to the ball. Just try it, its the shoulder buttons on the PS4, but I cant name them couse of my changes in the settings :)

how would it be best optimized in your opinion?

Bringing back shot and pass accuracy for example.
We had that stats before and on assisted these stats made sense.
Cutting them out for manual is comprehensible but cutting them out for assisted too is probably the reason for that marble-ona-arail feeling.

Also what I often encounter with passing assistance:
I pass the ball to another player with the through ball button.
The ball rolls into space in front of the player the through ball was intended to.
Instead of him sprinting (as I´m holding R1 down), he is jogging for a few seconds though until his foot touches the ball.
Then he starts running.
In that few seconds it seems like my controlling input is deactivated until he touches the ball with his foot.

I never had that on manual.

I´m taking a break from that game, waiting for a patch that fixes the GK and the low amount of adressed fouls.
I just hope that they don´t exaggerate with the last thing and find a good balance.

Also I´m waiting for a good license patch (PESGALAXY or something) until I start an ML.

Online, this ain´t fun.

how would it be best optimized in your opinion?

well im not a programmer or a big thinker about it but whenever i hit up PES 6 or ISS Pro Evo 2 everything is balanced and i still can feel the difference between good or bad players. and good players are not 100% scorers. also it feels like ballphysics were better had more variety when it came to shooting. i dunno whats the problem exactly with 2016...the few stats or the bad ballphysics and if the latter one i dunno if its done on porpuse or they are still catching up

The only way I can justify playing manual is either if you're playing against a human and with slightly longer match length to compensate for the difficulty of creating opportunities but not everybody has this luxury or if the A.I suffered a similar passing handicap balanced on higher difficulties.

I am not to trying to prove any one wrong but what kind of reward does anyone feel on assisted control if you have minimum input on the pass or shot? If I am using basic shooting and only have to aim at 3 directions? Why not a compromise in the form of stats influenced less assisted/manual controls which I believe it's the case now?

I am not to trying to prove any one wrong but what kind of reward does anyone feel on assisted control if you have minimum input on the pass or shot? If I am using basic shooting and only have to aim at 3 directions? Why not a compromise in the form of stats influenced less assisted/manual controls which I believe it's the case now?

Well on assisted you used to have failure in passing as well and lost ball posession because of wrong decisions.

The last PES I had the most fun with was PES 2011 and 2013 to some extent.
I played both of them assisted (correct me if I´m wrong but manual wasn´t in PES 2011 anyway, wasn´t it?) and I never had a high passing accuracy.

Because I believe that there, the assisted gameplay was better optimized and stats like passing accuracy AND the form arrows had much more impact.

Now if passing and shot accuracy are turned off for manual and only kicking power and the stong foot matter for manual, I´m ok with it.

But like, cutting out these stat factors - and probably some other stuff - seem to affect the assistant gameplay in a negative way imo.

Back
Top Bottom