PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

RHSGZbD.png

Found in PES2016 code :LMAO:

Atleast bother writing a new .exe even if you are giving us a downgraded version. :P

When it comes to online gameplay, for me this is the worst football game I have ever played in all my life with ease.

Ive been raped on myclub and I have no idea why. Oh I do, its because its ghe shitiest arcade game ever, e erything. Is superfast, all people do its just first time pass 1-2s, and defending is just pressure and the guessing game "whos the pass reciever"

A " trick"(abuse, gamebreaking thing) people do online is moving a player to be in front of your teamate, the one youre going to pass to, and you have to be an eye of an eagle to avoid not passing to player that is already marked.

Players also glide too much on this game, they are running on a rockey ground.

I already played many arcadey games for the sake of fun, but I lm sure I never played a game thats that arcade to a point that its unplayable for being so dumb, so skilless. Physics (both ball physics and player movement physics), passing speed and accuracy, shocking skilles defending, everything is so wrong. Shooting and keepers... Just laughable, absolutely shocking.

Konami wantd to make the most arcadey dumb game and they just nailed it. It is for people who has 2 neurons, anything that makes sense to do in real football match means making the gamw unnecessarly hard and complex. I make my too hard because I think like football, but tartget audiance is definetly not me.

Last edited:
When it comes to online gameplay, for me this is the worst football game I have ever played in all my life with ease.

Ive been raped on myclub and I have no idea why. Oh I do, its because its ghe shitiest arcade game ever, e erything. Is superfast, all people do its just first time pass 1-2s, and defending is just pressure and the guessing game "whos the pass reciever"

A " trick"(abuse, gamebreaking thing) people do online is moving a player to be in front of your teamate, the one youre going to pass to, and you have to be an eye of an eagle to avoid not passing to player that is already marked.

Players also glide too much on this game, they are running on a rockey ground.

I already played many arcadey games for the sake of fun, but I lm sure I never played a game thats that arcade to a point that its unplayable for being so dumb, so skilless. Physics (both ball physics and player movement physics), passing speed and accuracy, shocking skilles defending, everything is so wrong. Shooting and keepers... Just laughable, absolutely shocking.

Konami wantd to make the most arcadey dumb game and they just nailed it. It is for people who has 2 neurons, anything that makes sense to do in real football match means making the gamw unnecessarly hard and complex. I make my too hard because I think like football, but tartget audiance is definetly not me.

Gave up on online after few games. Too quick for my taste, no time to think, no significance of midfield. Everyone picks up real madrid, and the whole game goes like pass the ball to ronaldo and bale. The close control button has no use this year, because you don't have any time to control the ball with that unrealistic game speed.

Gave up on online after few games. Too quick for my taste, no time to think, no significance of midfield. Everyone picks up real madrid, and the whole game goes like pass the ball to ronaldo and bale. The close control button has no use this year, because you don't have any time to control the ball with that unrealistic game speed.

Nothing different from myclub mate. Keep you away from that garbage.

I dont take online football games seriourly as I know what kind of "players" I will encounter (playes who put insane unrealistic pressure that makes it look like a gang rape on your players and who also abuse quick first time touchs with the 1-2 button held), but I do like to make sure that online matchs can at least be fun at times so I can play it from time to time whenever I get bored playing against the cpu.

But this year... Man, this year the online gameplay experience is at the level of Pes 2008 .

Just like you, l cant control and turn, theres no time to do that, and playikg like real football, that is, being a bit more patient and lookin for lateral passes and not just quick forward passe takes you to nowhere, all its needed to create chances to score is just ping pong the ball as quick as possible wth 1-2s.

Its funny, comical how bad this game is online. I have been loosing by 4-1, -5-0', 6-0... Im pretty sure that garbage heart feature is present online as well. Once I conceed the second goal I can no longer do nothing, players dont react to intercept any pass, they cant controll the ball, they dont respond well, the whole defence becomes an invisible wall that cant do shit.

Obviously my opinion on the game my chAnge once I get more into the offline experience. But My first impressions on vs Cpu matchs were nowhere near as good as the demo. I dont feel any excitement to play pes by now.

The way Konami developed the online this year with such garbage, super arcade gameplay, and the way they treat the offline experience, I feel completelty betrayed. Im already thinking about not supporting this franchise anymore.

Last edited:
Nothing different from myclub mate. Keep you away from that garbage.

I dont take online football games seriourly as I know what kind of "players" I will encounter (playes who put insane unrealistic pressure that makes it look like a gang rape on your players and who also abuse quick first time touchs with the 1-2 button held), but I do like to make sure that online matchs can at least be fun at times so I can play it from time to time whenever I get bored playing against the cpu.

But this year... Man, this year the online gameplay experience is at the level of Pes 2008 .

Just like you, l cant control and turn, theres no time to do that, and playikg like real football, that is, being a bit more patient and lookin for lateral passes and not just quick forward passe takes you to nowhere, all its needed to create chances to score is just ping pong the ball as quick as possible wth 1-2s.

Its funny, comical how bad this game is online. I have been loosing by 4-1, -5-0', 6-0... Im pretty sure that garbage heart feature is present online as well. Once I conceed the second goal I can no longer do nothing, players dont react to intercept any pass, they cant controll the ball, they dont respond well, the whole defence becomes an invisible wall that cant do shit.

Obviously my opinion on the game my chAnge once I get more into the offline experience. But My first impressions on vs Cpu matchs were nowhere near as good as the demo. I dont feel any excitement to play pes by now.

The way Konami developed the online this year with such garbage, super arcade gameplay, and the way they treat the offline experience, I feel completelty betrayed. Im already thinking about not supporting this franchise anymore.

While trying to take the crown from Fifa, they are becoming more and more like Fifa. Arcade gameplay and ping pong passing.

From Operations Sport forum:

"I spent a couple hours tonight and edited 8 premier league teams to just play a little tournament with (I even went and did the majority of the transfer for each team - took forever). After that went into game plan for each team and set offensive and defensive using your tips and of course whoscored website. Made sure to make the defense compact and not press up to high and then just set it up however each team plays. Then I went in to each team and upped the keepers to 99 defensive prowess (matt found this out and it works freaking wonders!) then went to the center backs and defensive mid mainly and made them the destroyer (and some full backs if it applied, really whoever just has a decent physical and defense presence), then added malicia too most forwards and mids with speed and dribbling (left off for big strong guys like giroud), also for defensive minded wings and mids i would add track back (guys like rooney, bolasie - high energy guys or if a team has high wings i gave it to them to make sure they track back on d). That is it. Played a little tournament as crystal palace and it is the best this game has played. It was so fun and hard and realistic. The cb no longer drop back and let you enter the box, and it is very hard to dribble through middle of field with defensive mid(s) with destroyer just jumping on you all over. Also because of malicia I am seeing much more fouls, last game was 4-3 (not amazing but pretty good for a 20 min game). I played -1, top player, manual shot and pass, and got killed but it was fun, switched to professional on last game and still got destroyed (might have to go back to normal) but man it felt so good, can still deflect passes in midfield with good position but they can still put good passing together. Then so hard to break down their d but satisfying when you do and just the amount of different stuff that can happen in a game. This has saved this game for me. It is a whole different experience and must be played this way. Takes awhile to edit but really fixes the atrocious defensive AI (still not perfect but much better). I was so pissed at this game but now wow, so much better."

Planning to try out. Anyone else?

"I spent a couple hours tonight and edited 8 premier league teams to just play a little tournament with (I even went and did the majority of the transfer for each team - took forever). After that went into game plan for each team and set offensive and defensive using your tips and of course whoscored website. Made sure to make the defense compact and not press up to high and then just set it up however each team plays. Then I went in to each team and upped the keepers to 99 defensive prowess (matt found this out and it works freaking wonders!) then went to the center backs and defensive mid mainly and made them the destroyer (and some full backs if it applied, really whoever just has a decent physical and defense presence), then added malicia too most forwards and mids with speed and dribbling (left off for big strong guys like giroud), also for defensive minded wings and mids i would add track back (guys like rooney, bolasie - high energy guys or if a team has high wings i gave it to them to make sure they track back on d). That is it. Played a little tournament as crystal palace and it is the best this game has played. It was so fun and hard and realistic. The cb no longer drop back and let you enter the box, and it is very hard to dribble through middle of field with defensive mid(s) with destroyer just jumping on you all over. Also because of malicia I am seeing much more fouls, last game was 4-3 (not amazing but pretty good for a 20 min game). I played -1, top player, manual shot and pass, and got killed but it was fun, switched to professional on last game and still got destroyed (might have to go back to normal) but man it felt so good, can still deflect passes in midfield with good position but they can still put good passing together. Then so hard to break down their d but satisfying when you do and just the amount of different stuff that can happen in a game. This has saved this game for me. It is a whole different experience and must be played this way. Takes awhile to edit but really fixes the atrocious defensive AI (still not perfect but much better). I was so pissed at this game but now wow, so much better."

Only if konami guys listened to this :SNACK:

Only if konami guys listened to this :SNACK:

So u gotta change these settings for every team u play against individually? Lol. How long is that going to take for each match.

Each to their own I guess I can't be bothered. I think the cpu on professional.level and full.manual offers a decent challenge. I don't try to break the game by trying to dribble with the keeper or waiting with the ball at the back, etc...maybe that's why

the problem is why we need to edit that much to change the gameplay to a normal standard?also the purpose of track back,malicia,destoryer just annoyed me.It should be that average players without track back,destoryer still foul sometimes,and players with track back,destoryer foul much more.Now the situation is that average players don't foul at all,and players with track back,destoryer just foul as normal.

Hi all, iv been messing around with tactics a lot of lately cos iv been turned off with the fact u can run with some players from one end to the pitch to the other, konami have been disgraceful not setting up this game properly, now iv come to a point where I have set this game up tactically where the game is intense in the midfield and I struggled to get a shot on goal but in a really good way, if your keen give these settings a go, I promise you, you won t be disappointed and will take your pro evo experience to another level, here's what you do if you can be bothered.
Pick a side your going to play against, go into edit mode, into the AI teams tactics and edit the tactics "when not in possession" and set it up like this

Defensive style =Frontline pressure
containment =Middle
pressure = Aggressive
Defensive line = 6 blue bars
Compactness = 6 blue bars
Numbers on defense = many

After you do that make sure their central midfielders are destroyers which enables tackling and make sure you enable track back to all midfielders and defense, which enables pressure. Whoever deicdes to give it a go let us know what your experience was like. There is an amazing game here guys just that konami have been bloody lazy setting this up properly, unfortunately that's standard for them.

Also I play on manual passing, superstar.

Thanks Jimi. set this for some matches as Barca v inter and inter were difficult to break down. i didnt get any time on the ball, and they hit me on the break and i lost 3-0 in first match! new two matches were tight 0-0, not many chances but felt really good. Last match just now was another tight game where I had 59% possession, but they scored a goal in last 10 mins due to loss of concentration and some sloppy defending by me.

Each game, even the one i lost 3-0 on, was really enjoyable, and felt like I really had to work at the game and craft out goal chances. I definitely got that old PES feeling of enjoying the matches, even goal-less draws!!!

Of course this tactic change is not ideal, but i am certain this shows there is a really good game engine underneath all the mediocre stuff like ML, online etc. Shame that Konami dont have the focus on this. Sometimes I think it would be better if they got rid of all the modes and strip it back to the essentials.

You can't expect good online games in this day and age. No matter what you will find people who exploit
We prefer having private leagues drawn up with players worthy of a place. As snobbish as sounds it's the only way.

Unfortunately Konami removed the excellent community mode from PES2011.

Still can't figure out why they remove these great features.

Online is like the wild west. Communities prosper and Konami should embrace that. The game clearly has enough fans/players that would utilise such a feature.

I'd allow communities to be able to taylor the game beyond pass settings and game speed too. If you can't wow with quantity of teams modes, wow them with options that can tailor the experience.

Thanks Jimi. set this for some matches as Barca v inter and inter were difficult to break down. i didnt get any time on the ball, and they hit me on the break and i lost 3-0 in first match! new two matches were tight 0-0, not many chances but felt really good. Last match just now was another tight game where I had 59% possession, but they scored a goal in last 10 mins due to loss of concentration and some sloppy defending by me.

Each game, even the one i lost 3-0 on, was really enjoyable, and felt like I really had to work at the game and craft out goal chances. I definitely got that old PES feeling of enjoying the matches, even goal-less draws!!!

Of course this tactic change is not ideal, but i am certain this shows there is a really good game engine underneath all the mediocre stuff like ML, online etc. Shame that Konami dont have the focus on this. Sometimes I think it would be better if they got rid of all the modes and strip it back to the essentials.

All good mate, yeah changing to those tactics aren't ideal cos all teams will be playing similar but least u can enjoy the game till konami sort there shit out properly with there defensive AI, this game should've cost us half price

Last edited:
just had another cracker of a game with Jimi zuko edits to Inter

played as arsenal v inter and lost 0-1. first 20 mins was all over them, playing tika taka, squandered 1-2 chances. Inter then came back into game and pushed me back into own half and scored after a nice passing move on edge of box. second half was inter, and i managed to get back into game with 15 mins left on clock. but to no avail!

Will edit some other teams and see how it fares. if nothing else this is a recommended change for the peeps that like a good exhibtion match now and again.

Yep... thats the dilema with online.... Fifa gets stale and PES 2016 gets all this attention. So now you have all the FIFA fanboys trying to play PES like it's a FIFA game and in turn spoiling it for all those PES fans who like to play football not kick and rush bullshit. So now PES online is like FIFA. As I used to say theres only about actually 8 teams in FIFA especially online. BARCA, REAL M, CHELSEA, JUVENTUS, BAYERN M, MAN.U, LIVERPOOL, INTER MILAN. just forget about any other team 90% of the time. Win at all costs even if it's a shitty game. This is what you can expect now on PES 2016.

lol...just saw the post above... says it all Arsenal Vs Inter. ...zzzzzzzz

@jimi zuko: I could not find that post of yours including the changes you made in edit mode. Can you please link it again? I want to test your advices. Playing 15 min, full manual, top player, -1 myself! Thx

Online is like the wild west. Communities prosper and Konami should embrace that. The game clearly has enough fans/players that would utilise such a feature.

I'd allow communities to be able to taylor the game beyond pass settings and game speed too. If you can't wow with quantity of teams modes, wow them with options that can tailor the experience.

Superb post it's these types of discussions that need to take place at WEPES HQ. Everything is so driven in Myclub and microtransactions they forget about gamers and their needs.

@jimi zuko: I could not find that post of yours including the changes you made in edit mode. Can you please link it again? I want to test your advices. Playing 15 min, full manual, top player, -1 myself! Thx

Hi all, iv been messing around with tactics a lot of lately cos iv been turned off with the fact u can run with some players from one end to the pitch to the other, konami have been disgraceful not setting up this game properly, now iv come to a point where I have set this game up tactically where the game is intense in the midfield and I struggled to get a shot on goal but in a really good way, if your keen give these settings a go, I promise you, you won t be disappointed and will take your pro evo experience to another level, here's what you do if you can be bothered.
Pick a side your going to play against, go into edit mode, into the AI teams tactics and edit the tactics "when not in possession" and set it up like this

containment =Middle
pressure = Aggressive

After you do that make sure their central midfielders are destroyers which enables tackling and make sure you enable track back to all midfielders and defense, which enables pressure. Whoever deicdes to give it a go let us know what your experience was like. There is an amazing game here guys just that konami have been bloody lazy setting this up properly, unfortunately that's standard for them.

Interesting post about having to change all those settings. Honestly, I had some brilliant games last night (on the demo only at this stage). I saw a fair few fouls, great saves, nice goals. No one tried that camera angle I posted? 7, 1, 10. There was something about it!

I think in 3 points it can be summarized, what holds this game back from being a classic.

1. not varied, overpowered AI shooting
2. bad goalkeeping inside box (slow to react, reluctant to come out)
3. not enough fouls (given) - I think fouls happen, referee logic is bad

+the usual Konami things, not updated roasters, not enough slots for editing, league/cup formats not realistic, rain not happening, etc..

Last edited:
definitely not placebo. Jimi zukos tweaks to opposition team really improves the game.

played man u v chelsea and there really is a good midfield battle but it can be passed through by making space. No more simply running at the other team, as now you get hustled, tackled and barged so much more. You really have to think like a football team and try and get around the midfield by making space. I drew chelsea to middle and managed to squeeze a pass away to the right wing for the overlapping damrian to run onto and lash a screamer past courtois as he cut in with all the chelsea players catching up

when i had more possession, chelsea then effectively parked the bus with 10 men behind the ball. great stuff, but when they got the ball they didnt always simpy counter attack they did also hold onto ball as well.

loving the game at moment. Shame it feels like a alpha version!

I have the sentiment that Konami betrayed me, betrayed all of us who have been loyal to the PES for many years, even during the dark ages of the franchise.

I mean I had no doubt that Pes 2015 was a good sign that the franchise was starting to get back on track, that it was going to the right path. But the success of MyClub mode made them realise that the way to make money was to invest on myclub mode, giving all attention to it, while adjusting the gameplay to be more and more like what the general audiance of myclub players find to be the ideal, wich is an easily expoitable gameplay. Everything that we find wrong on a football game is everything that contributes to make the gameplay more enjoyable to the general myclub (superfast gameplay with superfast and accurate passing, super effective over aggressive pressure with zero risk of fouls), and pleasing the general myckub is what they chose to do this year.

You could say, theres nothing wrong about trying to please the general crowd. It makes sense from market side of things. But then, after you convince yourself the fun is in offline game modes, since thats where you are free to play as it should amd adjust the game to be more in line of what a good football game should be, and what you find... Everything is outdated (like tevez in Juve), you find that there are so many things to change that are very time consuming (put patched kits team by team, putting real names, changing tatics, stats etc), and Konami seem to not give a fuck about it, because all their focus was on myclub and its target, general audiance, they didint care about us who enjoy a good football game offline. The wait for the rosters update is tottaly unacceptable, and its a sign of how much they "care" about us who play more offline modes.

I dont know about you guys but I do feel cheated/betrayed by Konami this year, and to a point that makes me really think not supporting this franchise ever again.

containment =Middle
pressure = Aggressive

I will give it a try and report back! Thx.

Back
Top Bottom