PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I noticed a few times last night that "wtf, that's a foul" moments had me eating my words when I saw a replay and noticed the sliding tackle had in fact got the ball first. Like being at a stadium and going nuts until you see the replay and realise the ref got it right.
I modified Pitchside cam to 6,1,0 (I play Dynamic cam on FIFA with height 7 and zoom 15). Really enjoyed the gameplay from that camera setting.
I think the ball needs a little more weight and they need to polish up visuals and animations a bit more but am enjoying both games at the moment
And +1 to the global editor. But if we know they're making some keepers worse just through reflex stats, I don't mind tweaking a few of them.

Wow, so everyone who posts negativity about the game is a troll? Why would anyone want to boycott Konami? Its just a company who makes games. Think about what you are saying man, i very much doubt that anyone has an agenda to boycott a company or their game just for their sake of it. The negative posts you see here are from people like me who enjoy playing PES or have enjoyed playing it in its glory days and are currntly massively disappointed with the gameplay of recent years or the lack of features of the current version, the poor PR, the broken promises, etc

Just like you can't understand how people can be overly negative about the game i also cannot comprehend how ppl like Deco, zeemeister, etc can only see the positives and ignore the negatives, of which there are a lot.

If you want a thread for only positive comments about the game i suggest you start a new one just like there is now a FIFA v PES thread, and that you spend most of your time there, cos this one is for pes news and general discussion, both good and bad points.

I dont know why you cant just ignore the negative comments if you dont agree with them instead of taking them personally as if you were the majority shareholder of Konami or a close relative of someone in the dev team of PES...

:LMAO: do they give you a script to write off or do all the trolls have a secret handbook? It's always the same

"I am a true fan... I grew up with the series I care for PES, me and my son play"

I am sure you are someone who has been here before

I see the negatives and I highlight them to Konami on Twitter to the point where I need to throw on positives for fear of only being negative but that's non of your fucking business I have nothing to prove to anyone.

Yesterday 5 in a row posts typifies your behaviius everytime someone says something good you make sure you respond with a negative. First class grade a troll no good comment won't get highlighted by you and countered

Congratulations on being the first one on my ignore list

Toodles :BYE:

Last edited:
i had a shocking gk incident just then. playing as man city i made an error kicking the ball towards my own goal with an opponent cf chasing me down. the ball didnt even travel that fast, it was literally rolling at snails pace towards goal and my keeper watched it go past and two inches b4 it crosses the line and about 2 metres from the ball he decides to stick a leg out. own goal. unfortunately i forgot to record it...

On PS4 you simply press share button and square (if your hard drive isn't full) it will save 15mins of game time then you can edit it with sharefactory. Love this feature on the console.

Yesterday a ball passed right through Hazards back and onto his foot for a volley :COAT: all the games I have played and it's happened just this once.

Wierd.

Anyone else notice a big improvement playing online? It's so smooth the last 2 nights that it feels almost like offline.

:LMAO: do they give you a script to write off or do all the trolls have a secret handbook? It's always the same

"I am a true fan... I grew up with the series I care for PES, me and my son play"

I am sure you are someone who has been here before

I see the negatives and I highlight them to Konami on Twitter to the point where I need to throw on positives for fear of only being negative but that's non of your fucking business I have nothing to prove to anyone.

Yesterday 5 in a row posts typifies your behaviius everytime someone says something good you make sure you respond with a negative. First class grade a troll no good comment won't get highlighted by you and countered

Congratulations on being the first one on my ignore list

Toodles :BYE:

haha, whatever dude. im too old to "fight" with ppl on the internet..all good

I noticed a few times last night that "wtf, that's a foul" moments had me eating my words when I saw a replay and noticed the sliding tackle had in fact got the ball first. Like being at a stadium and going nuts until you see the replay and realise the ref got it right.
I modified Pitchside cam to 6,1,0 (I play Dynamic cam on FIFA with height 7 and zoom 15). Really enjoyed the gameplay from that camera setting.
I think the ball needs a little more weight and they need to polish up visuals and animations a bit more but am enjoying both games at the moment
And +1 to the global editor. But if we know they're making some keepers worse just through reflex stats, I don't mind tweaking a few of them.

Im down for the global editor so i can change those god awful generic boots...i wish there was an option to delete those but the only way to change them is one by one for every player right?

Few myclub questions.

Are you able to change team/ kit?
Are formatations editable in the better managers ?
How do you get special agents to get the better players?

Cheers

Few myclub questions.

Are you able to change team/ kit?
Are formatations editable in the better managers ?
How do you get special agents to get the better players?

Cheers
You change it in team edit so scroll to the right on the myclub home screen

Managers have their own formations and playing styles so you can't edit it per se but this year you can change positions from CMF to AMF for example and fine tune their position. This is done on the game plan screen.
You can also use old coaches you have as assistant managers but I don't see any benefit in this and it's a bit daft tbh maybe it will be better when better coaches become available

You don't get special agents other than winning comps of which Konami have not released any or through special gifts when they have champions League promotions etc

Also I can't stress this enough DO NOT USE THE COINS keep them till Konami release decent coaches like Pep, Mourinho or Luis Enrique et al locked managers can be bought with the coins. You should get yourself a top manager now saw a few around the 450 management mark

Also play the comp challenges as the release good GP. For the love of all things holy don't buy more lol (death to microtransactions)

Check out pesep videos he has excellent tips

Last edited:
You change it in team edit so scroll to the right on the myclub home screen

Managers have their own formations and playing styles so you can't edit it per se but this year you can change positions from CMF to AMF for example and fine tune their position. This is done on the game plan screen.
You can also use old coaches you have as assistant managers but I don't see any benefit in this and it's a bit daft tbh maybe it will be better when better coaches become available

You don't get special agents other than winning comps of which Konami have not released any or through special gifts when they have champions League promotions etc

Also I can't stress this enough DO NOT USE THE COINS keep them till Konami release decent coaches like Pep, Mourinho or Luis Enrique et al locked managers can be bought with the coins. You should get yourself a top manager now saw a few around the 450 management mark

Also play the comp challenges as the release good GP. For the love of all things holy don't buy more lol (death to microtransactions)

Check out pesep videos he has excellent tips

Brilliant reply thanks mate much appreciated. I'll look into all of those and trust me I'll be giving no further coin through micros. I'm enjoying myclub. Think it's a great idea.

So once I realised defending was all about closing spaces and tracking forwards (like real life) I don't feel the defence AI is bad now. It was just my poor skills maybe :P

And once you lessen your own sliding tackles, and dribble around in the opponent's half, they tend to make more fouls than human players. It's all about playing like real football games and AI reacts to it perfectly.

Anyways, goalkeepers either make stunning unbelievable saves or just act lazy as if not given their wages by the manager at times. :D

So... how exactly is ine meant to use R2 dribble? Just the odd tap and move or what? I'm shite with it and keep losing posession. Worst animations and response in the game too, unless I sm doing it wrong.

Also, is a well timed press of R1 or R2 as you receive a pass to improve first touch still a thing? And does pressing right stick in conjuction with left stick or any other command as receiving a pass perform specific moves, like knock-ons, weight shift etc?

I miss detailed instruction manuals and guides. That PES5 one back in the day was boss.

im not even sure tweaking gk stats helps much with the low shot problem i tried all 99 stats on neuer tried adjusting his height and arm length too but man but nothing fixes the fact that if you go 1 on 1 an just gently tap the shoot button and aim in the low corners it rolls in and the gk does not save it not even once in 20 shots its a goal everytime try it yourself

not only that but the AI on superstar score almost everytime into bottom corners its like they are exploiting their own bug? if they can fix these 2 issues then a damn good game will become a great game imo not even sure anyone has made adam aware of this for offline Gk and offline AI

Interesting / exciting post by Adam on Twitter. Sounds like a game-changing patch is in the works (fingers crossed as far as I'm concerned, I'm excited)!

Ffer2zT.jpg
Sorry if it's old news.

Last edited:
Really? Tried that once and didn't work. Ill try it again.

probably you have to be down or at least tied with the opponent to do it

Interesting / exciting post by Adam on Twitter. Sounds like a game-changing patch is in the works (fingers crossed as far as I'm concerned, I'm excited)!

Ffer2zT.jpg
Sorry if it's old news.

wait...there is no gameplay patch at all. so what is this about? did they just switch the level to superstar on Myclub probably. dont get your hopes up

Last edited:
At least last night they seem tighter, and very reliable, they even defend some one on ones. Gave where did you get that info?

So... how exactly is ine meant to use R2 dribble? Just the odd tap and move or what? I'm shite with it and keep losing posession. Worst animations and response in the game too, unless I sm doing it wrong.

Also, is a well timed press of R1 or R2 as you receive a pass to improve first touch still a thing? And does pressing right stick in conjuction with left stick or any other command as receiving a pass perform specific moves, like knock-ons, weight shift etc?

I miss detailed instruction manuals and guides. That PES5 one back in the day was boss.

I'd like to know the answer to this too.

Also, can I edit player appearance within ML? I really don't like the look of players with tucked-in shirts!

people were complaining about keepers set to beginner probably in myclub, since there was no patch, no new exe it means keepers code couldnt change since its in there. they changed some setups on the servers only probably

So turning on the "Malicia" player skill means you can get away with taking a dive way easier!

I got two free kicks and a penalty by gracefully laying down in one game, Peter Drury was getting well annoyed at me.

That's brilliant, would like to know which players have that skill... Ronaldo for sure :P

I'd like to know the answer to this too.

Also, can I edit player appearance within ML? I really don't like the look of players with tucked-in shirts!

About the r2 it's a very little sidestep that is amazingly effective against a rush defence. It keeps the ball close and sends the defender rushing past. It needs to be well timed and directed though just love opposite to the players body weight. It works brilliantly when you want to buy a few moments to finish or pass.

There are 280 by default, including well-known trickster and all-round con artist extraordinaire Younes Kaboul.
http://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2016/search/?myclub=yes&malicia=2&sort=ovr&sort_order=desc

thanks for the link just had a look at who has long range drive trait only 11 players in the whole game? i wonder how much difference it will make to AI shot variation when you put that on more players

EDIT ignore that im stupid it still had the win free kicks trait selected along with long drive its actually 175 players still too few maybe

Last edited:
So just a tap if R2 and a quick prod of the left stick then?

I think the whole R2 control needs to be reworked. Also think L2 could be utilised more than just a manual modifier for passing.

Oh, and Mohammed Salah is a nightmare to defend against on Superstar.

Back
Top Bottom