PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

October 29th till new rosters?

Konami

giphy.gif

Just lost for words!

As someone who wasn't particularly outspoken and really not bothered by there not being a day one/week one update, I just find this latest development bizarre and near impossible to defend.

See if they said no squad update at all, regardless of it being for offline/online and with the promise of a sizeable and unexpected boost in content at the end of October, I could have reluctantly entertained that though still have been puzzled.

This though is just weird; staggered roster update. People can disagree, trash, or dream up conspiracies/whatever for the great reviews, but the undeniable fact is that PES2016 has been greeted well by the gaming press, some whom have not been shy to say it bests FIFA with ease. That is something, however meaningless to hardcore players, which should be capitalised upon by the publisher; to compliment the goodwill shown by critical praise and buyers alike. That hasn't happened and it is just a bloody shame.

I can (reluctantly) live without the roster update as my time with the game will be more limited compared to that of others in the immediate future. What I can't do is ignore it or play it down.

This won't ruin PES for me but I sincerely hope the publisher stays true its word and acts upon gameplay feedback as inferred and in a big way in the same press release. If you are going to leave people hanging you best have something hanging around for up your sleave, as well try and compensate in some fashion. Improvements/enhancements could maybe do that. Myclub coins/points/items/whatever will not.

Damn, I REALLY wanted to just stick with PES this year, and not buy FIFA too, but this debacle (as well as a few game-breaking gameplay issues) is probably going to force me to cave in.

Off current PES related chat but I will say this regards keepers.

If there is the ability to make them too good, near bloody infuriatingly good that borders on unrealistic, I think the developers should offer the player the choice to experience that. I emphasise it should be choice, however. Stick a keeper skill level toggle in the game settings menu. Even if it proves enabling such an option removes some personality/individuality to the keepers compared to the vanilla version, then just do it.

I bought the game last week, and it's been a huge let down for me.

- Shooting is absolutely lame
- No fouls, no cards, no penalties
- No updated rosters
- Only 10-15 stadiums?
- Shallow gameplay, stats mean less and less on each iteration.
- Catch up logic, rubber band in Master League as shocking as usual (CPU magically scored in the 90th minute in my first 3 matches of Champions League no matter what I did).

Can you imagine a 2K game in which almost all shots have perfect release, there are no free throws, no personal fouls, only East conference stadiums and last year rosters? Right...

I won't be buying this series again for a lot of time unless they really start investing.

Stadiums in fifa 75, pes 19, balls in fifa 120+, pes 20 ( out of which only 4 are playable), i could go on but can't be bothered u get the gist. Gameplay better in pes? Marginally, this year, and inly in full manual, assisted sux major dick

Sadly I have to agree I think this is the first year I haven't bought PES on release I went over to the dark side and bought Fifa today.

PES16 looks fine there's nice animation but as you state unless on manual the passing and shooting is terrible overpowered shots into the top corners and little variation in shots, scoring seems boring .

The real killer is the lack of fouls ,that's unforgivable in a football game in fact its incredible they would release the game in that state. I remember in previous PES games getting a free kick on the edge of the box trying to bend the shot in or a last min penalty because my player was tripped in the box, was great fun that's all gone. Will Konami patch it ?I wouldn't like to bet on that but if they did id buy it.

I find it sad I like many others want it to be good but I want it to be like a real game of football. Konami seem to be on a self destruct they could have nailed it this year but they have thrown the hammer away.

Adam has had so much abuse he is leaving Twitter after the patch. He and his family have also had it through Facebook

Ohhhh such a shame isn't it? NOT. Each one has what it's disserved. He was making is own bed .

They abuse the costumers, and him as the guy who gives the face for the company should know better how to communicate, and don't ignore feedback and be rude to criticism.

Ohhhh such a shame isn't it? NOT. Each one has what it's disserved. He was making is own bed .

They abuse the costumers, and him as the guy who gives the face for the company should know better how to communicate, and don't ignore feedback and be rude to criticism.

The day him or the other clown smoked hooka while talking about the game, was where It got offensive to us fans.

Konami have went for the cheapest labour options it seems.

No dignity

I checked something to know if stats are effective on manual shooting or not ...
certainly it isn't !!
I changed controller setting: moving from analog to Dpad ... to make sure shooting direction for all players shot is exatly same ...
and do it with Romario (finishing 97), and some fake player (finishing below 70)
the result was exactly same:

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2016_20150925041325.jpg

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2016_20150925040128.jpg

as I guess in manual shooting, shot accuracy isn't matter at all ...

I bought the game last week, and it's been a huge let down for me.

- Shooting is absolutely lame
- No fouls, no cards, no penalties
- No updated rosters
- Only 10-15 stadiums?
- Shallow gameplay, stats mean less and less on each iteration.
- Catch up logic, rubber band in Master League as shocking as usual (CPU magically scored in the 90th minute in my first 3 matches of Champions League no matter what I did).

Can you imagine a 2K game in which almost all shots have perfect release, there are no free throws, no personal fouls, only East conference stadiums and last year rosters? Right...

I won't be buying this series again for a lot of time unless they really start investing.

Each to their own but

1. Shooting on manual is fine - also editing the goalies helps more if you are prepared to do it
2. There are fouls and cards just not enough. I own both PES and FIFA and in some games I see more fouls in PES than I do in FIFA
3. Agree poor to wait until October
4 agree poor but doesn't bother me too much I'm more disappointed I can't chose time of day on ML
5 playing on superstar and haven't seen any catch up logic what so ever, game play fair to me

Off current PES related chat but I will say this regards keepers.

If there is the ability to make them too good, near bloody infuriatingly good that borders on unrealistic, I think the developers should offer the player the choice to experience that. I emphasise it should be choice, however. Stick a keeper skill level toggle in the game settings menu. Even if it proves enabling such an option removes some personality/individuality to the keepers compared to the vanilla version, then just do it.

Can't say I'm having any major issues with keepers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekI2n1rRGrg

I checked something to know if stats are effective on manual shooting or not ...
certainly it isn't !!
I changed controller setting: moving from analog to Dpad ... to make sure shooting direction for all players shot is exatly same ...
and do it with Romario (finishing 97), and some fake player (finishing below 70)
the result was exactly same:

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2016_20150925041325.jpg

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2016_20150925040128.jpg

as I guess in manual shooting, shot accuracy isn't matter at all ...

I always wanted to know that, but to me your trial doesn't hold statistical evidence, sorry.

But at least it shows some bad signs.

I think you would need to repeat several time the exact same scenario and compare the results. Maybe it differs under pressure, which would be hard to replicate.

My experience is, that shooting power, swerve, ability to shot on target in a tight situation might be stat dependent, the direction maybe not. Hard to judge because to aim om manual is really challenging..

I always wanted to know that, but to me your trial doesn't hold statistical evidence, sorry.

But at least it shows some bad signs.

I think you would need to repeat several time the exact same scenario and compare the results. Maybe it differs under pressure, which would be hard to replicate.

My experience is, that shooting power, swerve, ability to shot on target in a tight situation might be stat dependent, the direction maybe not. Hard to judge because to aim om manual is really challenging..

I did it several time, and result was same, just Romario sometime applied curve to the ball, but the hit point was same on line ...
maybe you are right about under pressure shooting, can't test it carefully, but I guess it is same too

I did it several time, and result was same, just Romario sometime applied curve to the ball, but the hit point was same on line ...
maybe you are right about under pressure shooting, can't test it carefully, but I guess it is same too

bad news than..

I always wanted manual to be stats driven, that would be the ultimate shooting experience..

By the way did you get rainy games. Nobody replies to me, I'm over 40 Cl mode games, without a single rain drop..

Konami will stay Konami I guess..

Still enjoying it, but so many flaws and annoyances..

good to hear

Put your real name to this "big man"

Go on. Tell me the real name behind these words of endorsement regards racist abuse and death threats to someone and their family over a videogame's update coming a bit late.

If you are going to say something like that, put your real name beside it if you truly do stand by it.

Last edited:
bad news than..

I always wanted manual to be stats driven, that would be the ultimate shooting experience..

By the way did you get rainy games. Nobody replies to me, I'm over 40 Cl mode games, without a single rain drop..

Konami will stay Konami I guess..

Still enjoying it, but so many flaws and annoyances..

sorry, don't know, I didn't play a lot because I have some editing to do before :D only played exhibition

I don't know, I think a lot of stats matter, I just hit well over the bar a sloppy shot with Busquets and the power bar was filled till 70% from well over 20 meters.. I really don't know, but I think it's worth to switch to manual and play some games.

Be careful, only really slight adjustment to the sides are needed..

I do agree though that this game is another half finished game. I've read that you can make keepers better by editing them all....why the fuck should I? It's bad enough having to edit crazy names like north London red. I pay my money to get a complete game. Not spend my time editing goal keepers and tweaking how teams play. That's what konami should be doing.

I do agree though that this game is another half finished game. I've read that you can make keepers better by editing them all....why the fuck should I? It's bad enough having to edit crazy names like north London red. I pay my money to get a complete game. Not spend my time editing goal keepers and tweaking how teams play. That's what konami should be doing.

yepp, only to get your hard editing work completely fucked up one month later.

It's a do it for yourself game at full price.

The best could happen to us would be if PES team would be purchased by a bigger company who have ambition and have the will to invest and invent.

KONAMI have 0.0 ambition.

Does anyone have any idea about the japanese version coming up soon?

If there are some good japanese stadia and full licensed asian leagues i might as well go for it since what i really care about is a good master league with some proper stadia.

Any info is welcome.

two things that happened to me today on the demo i haven't seen before

first was i got fouled and got a quick free kick, just tapped x, no one of my teammates was near so i basically passed it to myself and it works without a whistle

second was a deflected shot on goal that clearly went over the bar on top of the net, the keeper tried to save anyways and touched the ball through the net and it counted as a goal

anyone seen something like this?

the second one i can understand, just some weird bug that can happen i guess, happened a lot in the nhl games, but the first is just completely against the rules, so it's weird to me

but all in all really enjoyed playing today, if they could just make the ball a bit more loose, especially on first touches, and more aggressive AI i think it surpasses PES 5 for me, hopefully they don't rely on those crazy 9.5 review scores for the next years to come

Back
Top Bottom