PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

And itll take em one month plus?? Sounds legit
I think the "issue" is that the one guy who's in charge of data inputting has had his fingers broken by his boss for not finishing the data on time, judging on the reports about the working conditions at Konami.

There's community members who'd fix everything in a matter of days. If there was a roster-sharing function in the game, we'd have all been playing with up-to-the-minute transfers last weekend.

There's no excuse. They haven't done their job. It says "2016" on the box, it's not 15/16's data. There's no excuse - we shouldn't be waiting on a fucking update anyway.

Ugh, just imagine how different the narrative might be if they'd only waited to release the game when they had the rosters ready. It might have given them enough time to fix and refine some of the gameplay issues too.

I've often had a bit of sympathy for Konami, viewing them a bit as a David to EA's Goliath, but after years of delivering such disappointing gameplay, now to turn that around but then this? Really hard to have any empathy for Konami anymore.

from what i gathered, winning eleven 16 japanese version is due octber 1st. what a coincidence!

Which makes sense, they releae an update version for the asian markets with perfect rosters and main transfers for on line purposes (my guess asian releases don't have full european league but i might be mistaken), and then very slowly they work on the european rosters.

So it basically says "fuck you europe".

Ugh, just imagine how different the narrative might be if they'd only waited to release the game when they had the rosters ready. It might have given them enough time to fix and refine some of the gameplay issues too.

I've often had a bit of sympathy for Konami, viewing them a bit as a David to EA's Goliath, but after years of delivering such disappointing gameplay, now to turn that around but then this? Really hard to have any empathy for Konami anymore.

This.

Cos the trust is completely gone now, there gonna lose a lot of sales on release day come next year for pes 17, people like myself now will wait till the rosters are updated before buying, cos words from konami are all fkn bullshit, very disappointed.

What have they even done the past months?

There isn't much difference between demo and full game. And the demo code is how old? 2 Months?

If they didn't work on gameplay, nor updatet the transfers( common this a one persons job ), what were they doing?

Immediately regreting my first day one purchase since the last 5 years.

I think the "issue" is that the one guy who's in charge of data inputting has had his fingers broken by his boss for not finishing the data on time, judging on the reports about the working conditions at Konami.

There's community members who'd fix everything in a matter of days. If there was a roster-sharing function in the game, we'd have all been playing with up-to-the-minute transfers last weekend.

There's no excuse. They haven't done their job. It says "2016" on the box, it's not 15/16's data. There's no excuse - we shouldn't be waiting on a fucking update anyway.

The reality is there could have been some sort of regression where data pack updates make either the whole game unstable, or put the game in a worse state than we have previously seen. Who knows, maybe the issue was that data updates would have affected master league and corrupted your save game.

Seems to me that it's just bad timing, combined with konamis bad management and lack of resources.

I'm annoyed but I do feel for the people there who work hard and I can understand how these things happen

juhu00[2];3086423 said:
What have they even done the past months?

There isn't much difference between demo and full game. And the demo code is how old? 2 Months?

If they didn't work on gameplay, nor updatet the transfers( common this a one persons job ), what were they doing?

Immediately regreting my first day one purchase since the last 5 years.

:APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

The reality is there could have been some sort of regression where data pack updates make either the whole game unstable, or put the game in a worse state than we have previously seen. Who knows, maybe the issue was that data updates would have affected master league and corrupted your save game.
In which case, that's some fucking poor programming, and they deserve just as much shit (if not more).

There is no excuse - you charge me for a game that says 2016 on the box, you'd damn well better give me 2016 rosters, or update it within a couple of weeks tops.

We're not talking about some patch makers giving their time for free - we're talking about a £40 product here that's sold as a full game at retail outlets.

It astonishes me just how much the community let them get away with.

EDIT: They're not even apologetic. This is my concern, they still have such a shit attitude towards their fans.

There's no "we're really sorry it's taking this long, we know you've bought our game and you're disappointed".

It's just... Truly abysmal.

This is why I say, can we not all be horrified and bombard them? They have no idea...

I'll also be very interested to see if the review sites that gave the game 9s and 10s have got the bollocks to report the news...

Last edited:
Ok so we accept a half finished game is excellent even though it is half assed just because the gameplay is good?

Fair enough, but for me a game needs to be the complete package to be excellent and worth of 90+ scores...

I think it really gets to people (like me) because we are frustrated that such good gameplay cannot be supplemented by great bells and whistles, or not even bells and whistles but fundamental parts of the game that are not done properly. (online, ML, transfers, etc, etc, etc)

Okay mate draft emails to all the reviewers and get that score down if it makes you feel better. When they release the 4th patch and improve all the little bits and bobs do they increase the score again? Don't be silly about this and get over it. You strike me as someone who would go in metacritic and give it a 1 just to even the scales.

people complaining about review scores are forgetting pes 2008 had a 90+ score from IGN and it was a complete mess including the IGN logo on the homescreen.

The saddest part is it is the fifa fans that have been shouting about review scores more than ever. PES fans don't seem to care because all the years fifa was rather do higher we knew how we felt about the title.

I am personally going to spend more time on MGS now.

:SHOCK:

No words.

We deserve everything we get when it comes to the off-field stuff in PES. We make their excuses for them.

Abooz4D.png

:COAT:

Last edited:
And here was i thinking that we agreed years ago that reviews are useless...so why the outrage about the good reviews?

Do you guys think Konami has bought good reviews?

And here was i thinking that we agreed years ago that reviews are useless...so why the outrage about the good reviews?

Do you guys think Konami has bought good reviews?

If they did, I think they used the money which was put aside to pay the person who would have updated the transfers...

Who is defending them?
There's been a few so far (I've replied to a couple), and saying to someone they're bitter and would rate a game as a 1 on Metacritic to "even the scales" when they've commented that PES is "half a game" - when the rosters are from last season, which makes it almost literally half a game as far as I'm concerned (gameplay changed, rosters the same) - that's crap.

That's not to say trolling is okay either, and I can understand replying in kind when someone comes off as nothing but a hater (and that I'm not, I still play the game and do try to keep things even-sided in the "versus" thread even when people try to make it explode, and I know there's plenty of people who do that in here as well) - and people will take offence at that picture I've posted there. (I also defend Adam every time someone blames something on him - I genuinely think his influence has changed the game for the better.)

But, seriously.

Konami have pulled a fast one, and they're treating all of us like shit, and there's excuses every year as to why they haven't fixed the silly little bugs and failings that have been there for years but THIS one... It says 2016 on the box, it says 2016 when you boot it, the roster is from 2015... It's really not on for those of us who bought the game to play an updated Master League.

Reviews are largely pointless, granted, but they're there for a reason, they do get read, and I think it's misleading not to mention the fact that we're now stuck with last season's data unless you want to do it all yourself and then lose it again in a month's time.

Like I said - even though it'll change nothing - I hope those same review sites have got the balls to either update their reviews or at least post an article saying "yeah, you've got a long wait if you want to play the ML with the rosters that you'd think would ship with the game".

Last edited:
Quick question,

Are these updates purely roster oriented? Or will they include a gameplay patch? I remember in PES14 there were some gameplay patches, but for 15 they never touched gameplay with patches. Is it the same this year that gameplay will be untouched?

@chris sorry you lost me.

The roster thing is undefendable (or is it indefendable :THINK: ) . I did say yesterday that this game was released too early to beat fifa out of the blocks and is again suffering as a result

Seriously though get over the review thing. 80%,of the reviews we get these days are garbage.

So I cant start editing the Bundesliga with all players (So I have that League in ML) till frikkin end of October?

Are they fuckin nuts?

So Konami failed to deliver roster updates in due time and we have to wait an additional month.

That's bad, but do we really have to go on about this for the next 20 pages of this thread?

Guys, can I just edit now the Bundesliga, save the OF and rewrite it after the DLC so I still have everything like it was before? I am sick of waiting for this damn patch

luckily the guy who always delives PS3 option files will have one ready in the next few hours with rosters updated; also Concacaf, Conmebol and EPL teams with correct names & uniforms.

This is for the US version, if anyone is interested:
https://twitter.com/glatiatorepes

totally reccomended, this guy is a perfectionist when it comes to PES editing

Quick question,

Are these updates purely roster oriented? Or will they include a gameplay patch? I remember in PES14 there were some gameplay patches, but for 15 they never touched gameplay with patches. Is it the same this year that gameplay will be untouched?

"We will also be doing minor updates to improve a lot of gameplay aspects that our players have been requesting through our social channels, more news on that soon!

Thank you for your patience and understanding , and if you have further feedback make sure to drop us a line on our twitter (@officialpes) and our Facebook page!"

http://pes.konami.com/pes/news-on-roster-and-live-updates/

They said "a lot of minor fixs () feedbacks relative () for gameplay" don't remember exactly what they said. Check on PES official website.
So:
-Roster update for those who plays online
-DLC 29 october for ML with 6 new teams.

Both aren't convenient for me since i play online and offline, but i was waiting for gameplay fixes to start playing.
So even online with rosters update i don't really want to play it now.

I think i'm gonna play Fifa 16 one month, i've got both (preordered but issues with delivery...) then come back to PES.

"PES 2016: coming on 29 october on PS4/ONE/PC/PS3/360. Love the past, play the 2015 rosters"

Last edited:
I am in love with the gameplay, but for the first time in my years buying PES -Which were not all of them- im not buying the game till rosters are fixed.

This thing about DLC have made companies lazy. They know whatever thing they did wrong they just can say "It'll be fixed in a DLC" and that's it. Fucking bullshit. I miss the old and good PS1 and PS2 days.

Back
Top Bottom