PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I am sorry, but that is exactly why i ( for the first time, even after PES 2014 bugs and with input lag ) left PES.
Dont take it badly, i am not ignoring your playing skills, its just my personal opinion.

The last time i played, i posted here an image of winning 10-4 with FCPorto on an ML game with top pLayer. I never had scored 10 goals before on top player. I was completly disgusted.

You probably can score 10 goals with assisted controls. Try less assisted settings if this is the case.

That Zeemeister goal was fuckin beautiful!

Thank you sir it felt beautiful too :D

Noticed the malicia card in one of my myclub players. Turns out its a player with the ability to win free kicks :THINK:

Need to keep an eye on him and see what this means. Could explain why we have so few free kicks maybe Konami in their infinite wisdom decided to make winning a free kick a skill :FAIL:
These are the players that have it

http://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2016/search/?myclub=yes&malicia=2&sort=ovr&sort_order=desc

https://youtu.be/HQf59jvUxDA

Last edited:
so just when I start liking this game the game totally has a shocker tonight.

Start a CL as Arsenal and play PSG and its a tight game. Then out of the blue PSG ping pong the ball around 100 mph (so fast my eyes barely see the ball) and scored the same goal - one on one with keeper so I have to bring him out so he is lobbed both times - twice - in the exact same place. The ball hits the same bit of net. Its fucking stupid. I have to bring keeper out otherwise he will just stay routed to line but the moment I do I concede the same poxy goal.

Really annoying so I turn game off and start thinking both games are shit this year. Ill try again when less tired. Roll on Battlefont Star Wars!

:BLINK: that was an equaliser

I wasnt talking about the score ( being equalizer or not )

And its not specific about the goal, nice move, this year you can do alot of pressing, rob the cpu the ball, just pass it up front and LS direct forward and shoot.
As a bonus, you can slide tacle everything !

But well, lets end this: I will go away :)

Last edited:
Still enjoying the football very much, but, err.... I started the "all new" Master League and...

> It's almost exactly the same as the old Master League except with new menus (OK, and some nice stat tracking at long last)

> Of my first 7 games, 6 of them were away games

> My first 7 games were all at night, which might be fair enough if I was Barcelona, but I was Stade de Reims - they still play in the day in France sometimes, don't they?

> International games still take place one day before league matches, every time

...what do the Konami team actually do all year?

Last edited:
Anybody like to defend this online?
No thanks, this year I'd the first time I've tried PES online, in fact last night was my first online session with the game.

Now I understand people's disappointment with the online game, It's utterly unplayable. Mass amounts of input lag, defending is impossible and there's no time or pause limit to prevent your opponent from idling.

So 79th minute gunners are vying for top spot in the group.

I disposed of them on matchday 1 at the Emirates with Messi bagging a hattrick. With second round secured I told myself I must just get top spot. Got the early goal through Jordi Alba and chilled only for Sanchez and Walcott to score 2 quick fire goals.

Messi was well shackled and when arsenal took the lead they started passing the ball around the back. Last 10 minutes approaching I need to do something. Iniesta steals a ball sneakily and sends it through to to Messi. I see they switching to defensive and know if they playing possession that defensive line has pushed up and send a L1 + circle in the hope Suarez is onside and it gets beyond the huge Mertesacker

As the ball drops I see the keeper is a little stranded just do it L1 and the most delicate of Square...... As Suarez ran off before the ball crossed the line

I was standing with my fists in the air.

https://youtu.be/0YDUWHQyyfI

This game has a few niggles but phew it is a masterpiece

hahah that's awesome!!! well done!!

Okay. Maybe I am playing too badly. I know it sounds too noob, but can someone tell me how to defend effectively? Just can't keep a clean sheet, even with low rated teams.

It's all in the tactics. Hard to explain over here. If you follow me on Twitter (@bluechampion) you can see when I'm on twitch and during PES2016 broadcast, I can show the tactical settings better. And the also the in-game on-the-fly changes. I'm no expert but I outscore the opponents fairly regularly and keep clean sheets somehow when I really need to.

I disposed of them on matchday 1 at the Emirates with Messi bagging a hattrick. With second round secured I told myself I must just get top spot. Got the early goal through Jordi Alba and chilled only for Sanchez and Walcott to score 2 quick fire goals.

Messi was well shackled and when arsenal took the lead they started passing the ball around the back. Last 10 minutes approaching I need to do something. Iniesta steals a ball sneakily and sends it through to to Messi. I see they switching to defensive and know if they playing possession that defensive line has pushed up and send a L1 + circle in the hope Suarez is onside and it gets beyond the huge Mertesacker

As the ball drops I see the keeper is a little stranded just do it L1 and the most delicate of Square...... As Suarez ran off before the ball crossed the line

Wonderful goal. And I love the view you were playing with. I am at a loss for words why Konami restricts the view modifications online. Really bothers me playing without being able to zoom out more

Beautiful goal Zee!

Playing both FIFA and PES demo's back to back last night it's interesting to notice that the calling of fouls and handballs etc does actually disrupt the game flow. I thought I got chopped badly on PES and was about to make a video - checked the replay and noticed the lunging tackle took some ball first and that's why the foul wasn't called. Also interesting that I gave away some contact fouls (as opposed to sliding tackle fouls) but am wondering why the AI doesn't get pinged for similar types of tackles. All I see is players dropping to their knees complaining about not getting a free kick haha.

Will definitely have to give the full game a run and see how I like it. Despite the obvious polish that FIFA has, I definitely find PES less of a grind this year and more fun (OFFLINE only I'm talking about). But they really need to up the ante for next year OR for the Euro game. Presentation wise, replays, animations, shot trajectories etc. That HAS to be their immediate focus.

so just when I start liking this game the game totally has a shocker tonight.

Start a CL as Arsenal and play PSG and its a tight game. Then out of the blue PSG ping pong the ball around 100 mph (so fast my eyes barely see the ball) and scored the same goal - one on one with keeper so I have to bring him out so he is lobbed both times - twice - in the exact same place. The ball hits the same bit of net. Its fucking stupid. I have to bring keeper out otherwise he will just stay routed to line but the moment I do I concede the same poxy goal.

Really annoying so I turn game off and start thinking both games are shit this year. Ill try again when less tired. Roll on Battlefont Star Wars!

+1

Not yet, I will wait for dlc first. I have just edited the Bundesliga team names and kits so far.
In general i edited all kits and emblems, all team names, replaced NT fake duplicates and base copied players that might vanish after dlc.
Now I am editing names of the fake NT players - hopefully those will not be resetted by dlc.

Yeah, creating the whole Bundesliga will be lot of work... ;)

Great goal indeed!
The last time I managed to score a similar one was on PES 2013 with Martins.
What are your cam settings?

I´ve been ranting a little about PES 2016 in the PES vs FIFA thread, but I always added that I´ll give it a few more chances until I completely give up.

Now what I finally did yesterday was setting pass and shoot on manual.
And there it goes:
That laserguided-marble-on-a-rail-passing feeling was gone!
Also the shots have more variation and I felt much more freedom on the pitch than I had with level 1 assisted passing and assisted shooting.

And what was really weird:
Even the CPU had different goal shots, just like the CPU was using manual too....if that makes any sense :D

There was some more of that unpredictable feeling I used to have.

I´ll stick to full manual now cause to me, that´s where the game is starting to show it´s potential.

Goals feel a lot more rewarding like that.

I've always believed the AI opponent adjusts based on whether we are on assisted settings or manual settings. If you doubt, check AI passing accuracy in full assisted matches and the AI passing accuracy in manual matches.

Still enjoying the football very much, but, err.... I started the "all new" Master League and...

> It's almost exactly the same as the old Master League except with new menus (OK, and some nice stat tracking at long last)

> Of my first 7 games, 6 of them were away games

> My first 7 games were all at night, which might be fair enough if I was Barcelona, but I was Stade de Reims - they still play in the day in France sometimes, don't they?

> International games still take place one day before league matches, every time

...what do the Konami team actually do all year?

If you are on twitter please feedback to Adam Bhatti about the amount of night games in the master league. I have already, but they won't change anything if its not a few people saying

No thanks, this year I'd the first time I've tried PES online, in fact last night was my first online session with the game.

Now I understand people's disappointment with the online game, It's utterly unplayable. Mass amounts of input lag, defending is impossible and there's no time or pause limit to prevent your opponent from idling.

Precisely. It's not every game and the ones where it's ok I've enjoyed but it's too often to be fully enjoyable an as I've no interest in offline with silly teams and strips I'm stuck. I can't get away with Fifa either

Precisely. It's not every game and the ones where it's ok I've enjoyed but it's too often to be fully enjoyable an as I've no interest in offline with silly teams and strips I'm stuck. I can't get away with Fifa either

Try online with manual passing (and shooting too if u dare ;)) and set to "similar settings". Totally different game, loving it. Sometimes u have to wait 4-5 min to get a game but it's totally Worth it.

It seems that the manual Community is growing since I'm not having any trouble finding matches in Online divisions when set to manual passing/shooting and "similar settings". :)

Ive decided that when I play PES im just going to play CL mode. Its a great mode but yet again its tarnished by finding PES Utd in my group and countless other fake teams.

Seeing the above promblems with ML makes that mode a no go for me. For years they havent really touched it all and 6 home games and matches 1 day after international matches are easy things to sort but are ingored.

Hey mate, Iv managed to find a solution with fouls, it's a real ball breaker to do but it works, experiment with a side and see what you think, what u do is pick a side your gonna play against, go into edit mode and enable the ability "track back" for most of the players in that side and also enable "the enforcer for several players" cos I noticed when the enforcer is enabled, that player slide tackles a lot and track back makes the AI pressure that player. Iv played half a dozen games so far and one game the CPU AI fouled me 7 times but on average it's 3-4 fouls per game. It' takes this game to another level.

Hi, thanks for the tip. I'll try that later. When you mean enforcer, do you mean destroyer? as cant seem to find "enforcer"?

Thanks

Still no update or official word from Konami on the day their biggest competitor release their new game. Poor form Konami. They have an inherent ability of taking one step forward and five back.

PES has a very loyal fanbase, god knows why, most of which are mostly interested in ML. A week later and we're still waiting, without any indication of a date or the "news" that was apparently arriving early this week. Cowboys.

Back
Top Bottom