PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Yeah nonsense.
Pes has this and player models done to perfection.
If I use Arsenal (and am drawing or losing) I always put Walcott on to make that difference and he does with that pace.

The more I play the more I like this game. Have found a camera angle I like and playing on -1 speed is great for me.

I've also upped the difficultly so I'm not scoring 3 and 4 a game. Neither am I smashing them in from 25 yards as it's hard to make the space.

yeah thats what i love about pes this year, change of formations and substitutes make a big difference, i only managed to play only one half of fifa only cos of those reasons you mentioned, i wouldv enjoyed fifa more, if there was a difference in burst of speed and lil bit of pace depending on the player cos that is part of individuality you would think, also with pes players like walcott and a few others once you get into the rhythm they feel overpowered at times depending on which team you play against and what type of tactics they have used, konami have been very very lazy in that department and i hope this update with transfers also comes along with the right tactics, cos as i was strolling through the different formations in the EPL, most of the teams have the same 4-5-1 tactic.

So remember I said the AI fouls and tackles harder during Master League (super-star) the match below is the most brutal I've ever witnessed the comp play. They KILLED me. It was an El Clasico, and Neymar is out for 1 month due to this match. (I was Barcelona)

11540876_531224082319_5197228485356966291_o by Wale Ademosu, on Flickr

Master League seems to ramp up the CPU aggressiveness for rival matches. Nice little feature, and makes the matches bloody hard. I lost 8 - 1 to Chelsea because I kept losing the ball due to the CPU pressing.

yeah thats what i love about pes this year, change of formations and substitutes make a big difference, i only managed to play only one half of fifa only cos of those reasons you mentioned, i wouldv enjoyed fifa more, if there was a difference in burst of speed and lil bit of pace depending on the player cos that is part of individuality you would think, also with pes players like walcott and a few others once you get into the rhythm they feel overpowered at times depending on which team you play against and what type of tactics they have used, konami have been very very lazy in that department and i hope this update with transfers also comes along with the right tactics, cos as i was strolling through the different formations in the EPL, most of the teams have the same 4-5-1 tactic.

I agree. I will have to try out the retail version of both games but changing the formation or making a sub on PES definitely has a noticeable impact. And yes while I really like the extra bit of momentum players carry on FIFA now, it feels like it's missing that ability to make a quick burst of speed.

Slow passing or acceleration does not = realism. To increase realism, the main couple of things games should reduce is the speed with which players can turn on the spot and reduce the ability to ping the ball around. Perhaps a stat for passing under no pressure and passing under pressure and a stat for turning speed/speed burst. Maybe they have something already but don't utilise it well enough.

BUT these comments with a disclaimer as I need to get my hands on both retail versions and see what I think then.

Got this game yesterday and have to say it's an absolute joke the roster hasn't been updated yet. I do really like the gameplay but the lack of fouls is killing it for me, played about 10 games yesterday on top player and no fouls from the CPU in any.

Konami need to hire someone to redo the presentation of this game. I wanna play the game, not watching long boring replays after every off side. End of game highlights are a joke too. We already discussed the crap commentary and the lack of a roster update.
Lack of stadia is really something i can't understand, give me whatever real world stadium u can, but enough not too get bored after 10 master league games.

Not too mention london fc is yellow these days :-) you tell me fifa has a copyright on a fake blu kit?

Maybe i got too used to nba2k, but pes is really stuck in the stone age in some many aspects that it is really difficult to enjoy his gameplay.

Skip the offside replays if you dont want to watch them. Quick and easy to do.

Smart aren' you? typical response from someone who has never played a recent sports game.

I don't want to skip replays after offsides and fouls, i want an option to disallow them. Not too much to ask as these presentation options are in most sport games these days

Skipping means the game starts its replay scene, then the logo etc etc. Which with the sluggish way pes is coded means losing the momentum in a tight game.

I guess i'll stick to nba for another year.

Smart aren' you? typical response from someone who has never played a recent sports game.

I don't want to skip replays after offsides and fouls, i want an option to disallow them. Not too much to ask as these presentation options are in most sport games these days

Skipping means the game starts its replay scene, then the logo etc etc. Which with the sluggish way pes is coded means losing the momentum in a tight game.

I guess i'll stick to nba for another year.

?

Are you sat in my house right now, looking at my games collection?

How do you lose momentum because of a replay... guess what, the replay is triggered by an offside... which by chance gives a free kick and as such all momentum gained going forward is lost as your players will setup defensively for it.

Enjoy NBA then, oh guess what... so will I.

Unlucky mate :BYE:

The fouls need tweaking but the emphasis should be on the game flowing - it is a game after all. Goalkeepers are a bit cack, too slow off their line and getting to low shots - headers seem to just need to be on target to go in as well. The players take their own first touch sometimes which makes hold up play difficult. Player selection isn't perfect either but you can do it manually most of the time.

But in spite of these minor flaws it's the best football game I've ever played.

Can't believe how much I'm enjoying this game!

Has anyone tried playing a Day/Fine/Summer match at the Estadio Beira-Rio? It looks gorgeous.

Uurgh played a guy myclub online now. He slid and slid and slid and said and slid 2 yellow cards should have been red with 6 more yellows that were just not given and I am no good with free kicks because I hardly get them offline :)

We were deadlocked on 1-1 injury time i am on the attack ducking and diving past his slides but he manages to clip Neymar, the ball goes upfield and I try to clear but another slide means it's a corner he takes this wierd short corner where the ball goes straight up 90degrees on the goal line halfway between the edge of the box and the coner flag drops perfectly on the player who passes into the middle on the edge of the box a little chip and heads in the winner

Fuck it grates me when cheaters win

.. I cant get enough of this game, and im only playing exhibition games.
Im playing most of my games on day/fine simply because the grounds look so amazing this year. The lighting for day matches is amazing. The south American stadiums in particular are awesome.. cant get enough of this game..

btw.. I ended up ordering another copy of pes 2016 from cityofgames, simply cause I needed an Australian version of the game to be able to play a few mates online (they got aussie versions). Price of being impatient. I did also order fifa16 ps4, as I enjoyed the demo. Atm though, pes is really taking grip of my time... jeez.. 4 hours yesterday as I was off work, and another 4 today.. im just loving this game ;) Now for the update so I can start a masterleague..

btw, any of you aussies who got the us version, able to play in the next 30mins or so???

btw.. I ended up ordering another copy of pes 2016 from cityofgames, simply cause I needed an Australian version of the game to be able to play a few mates online (they got aussie versions). Price of being impatient. I did also order fifa16 ps4, as I enjoyed the demo. Atm though, pes is really taking grip of my time... jeez.. 4 hours yesterday as I was off work, and another 4 today.. im just loving this game ;) Now for the update so I can start a masterleague..

btw, any of you aussies who got the us version, able to play in the next 30mins or so???

I would but the net goes to shit at this time here.

Lack of fouls and terrible slow keepers are making the game not as good as it should, I hope the update fixes this, it would be the best football game I've played, but the way the keeper dives is like slow motion, and the impossibility of saving low shots, shame

I've played a few games already, did a AFC Championship, not got a clue what you people are going on about tackles.

Got enough fouls for me, PES has always been a bit low in the CPU tackling, but tbh I haven't noticed it any worse, actually I'd say it was more prone to fouling.

Got a bit miffed with just the ref giving the players warning, when I thought they should have been bookings.

FD

really liking this years PES i went over to fifa few year back and this is the first PES in a long time i find to have addictive gameplay

my only grip is the AI scoring 99% of goals low into the bottow corners and my GK no matter what rating cannot save them if they can just make the AI have more varied shooting height and the GK quicker at getting into the low corners I would be more than happy to spend my time on PES rather than FIFA offline I cannot say I have found the fouls an issue vs AI on superstar I tend to get 3-5 fouls against me in a game there are times though when im assaulted and the ref does nothing

as i have been away from PES for a while are they like the FIFA dev team and actually input patches to fix gameplay problems? how likely is it these issues will be fixed?

one positive thing about PES2016, is that numbers and names of the players are amazingly placed and don't stretch like FIFA, I know they weren't stretching in older PES, but this year they made it even better.

...just had an amazing session, and the "L1+rightstick team mate control" while on the ball is truly a game changer in this version...its totally fixed from last years game, where your controlled player would always stutter.

I worked out something new with this. Generally, when you have the ball, you hold L1 and then flick the right stick to a teammate (without the ball)you want to control (to make a run), and once they are in control you then flick the right stick in the direction you want that player to run.. the line of the run etc.
Now you can do a combination. You pick the teammate by pressing L1 and flicking the right stick to them, then once selected, you can actually hold and move the right stick moving that teammate around (in circles if you want), but then you add a final flick in a direction and he'll suddenly sprint in that direction..and then you can pass to him or use him as a decoy. pretty amazing when you pull it off well... eg. you can control the teammate to make a run in 5 or so meters, and then suddenly out in a totally different direction down the line etc.. then you do the high through ball or you can use the player to simply attract a defender to make more space to pass to another player. The options are almost limitless...

They'll disappear. They always do, every year, after the update.

Incidentally, does anyone know if there are any plans to bring new stadia to the PS3 version, maybe as a DLC? We've only got 12 or 13 of them - same ones as last year (almost - they added St Jakob Park, but took out the National Stadium in Warsaw). We don't get any of the South American grounds, or the old returning generics like Stade de Sagittaire or whatever it is...

Last edited:
I found this'll drain the stamina out of them, especially if you use them quite often.

yeah youre right about that, which I think is pretty realistic.. you don't wanna be making so many runs with the same players...
Speaking of which, I don't know about you guys, but the stamina system feels pretty spot on this year. I play 15min games.
The only dodgy thing about stamina, is when you play the 11v11online games, you really deplete fast when you sprint... you have nothing left in the tank after one half. Mind you I probably sprint too much when on fixed cursor...

Back
Top Bottom