PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

to be honest i have had nothing like that so far, The thing that pisses me off, is the ones that go in when they are only a yard either side of the keepers starting position..

Is there any significant difference between the US and other countries' version of the game, apart from the online situation? Because right now I have the chance to get it in the US, and I wanted to figure out if it had any improvements over other versions.

Some Goalkeeping errors are like so annoying I hit alt-f4 and close the game in frustration. And defenders do leave a lot of open space in trying to mark other players. Feels like going back to PES 2015.

Some Goalkeeping errors are like so annoying I hit alt-f4 and close the game in frustration. And defenders do leave a lot of open space in trying to mark other players. Feels like going back to PES 2015.
Ha-ha! Yup, the broken gameplay from 15 hasn't been fixed in 16, you have to wonder what the Konami devs actually worked on for a year. I edited GKs and raised them all to 99 overall ratings, helps a lot. Plus ALL defensive players in the game have to be edited and re-rated to 95+ in defensive prowess, really helps with the open space on defense issue. Shitty work and a lot of it, but the game does play 300% better afterwards.

AI passes like playing pinball around my goal, defenders are too retard to react and before I can believe what happened, the goalkeeper misses another easy save and GOAL!

Every AI goal ever. Last year, I knew that goals came from my mistakes, this year it has been more like Fifa, where you want to break controllers because the game decides what mistakes are you going to make. Just hoping Yair can fix all this in his gameplay patch

Oh Angus oh my dear Angus how do you play that makes you resort to such obscene settings.

Are you holding down R1 and x to defend because that usually makes your defenders go walk abouts and are you pulling back your midfielders and defend space or is it try to win the ball back as quickly as possible?

What you are saying is usually indicative of this.

Still no news about the update...

Nothing mate. @Officialpes and Bhatti twitter accounts are mum. Last tweet from the former was about freestylers working with Neymar on something

The more I play this game the more I feel they needed a wee bit more time again. They rushed to get this out pre fifa and there is a lot of tinkering still needed.

Are you holding down R1 and x to defend because that usually makes your defenders go walk abouts and are you pulling back your midfielders and defend space or is it try to win the ball back as quickly as possible?

What you are saying is usually indicative of this.
I only ever play Player Cam Fixed Cursor, meaning I control my AMF only. In other words I'm always standing and watching while my defence and GK implode. But the edits have improved the gameplay to the point where I now enjoy PES 2016 more than FIFA 16. A week ago I wouldn't have believed that was possible.

I only ever play Player Cam Fixed Cursor, meaning I control my AMF only. In other words I'm always standing and watching while my defence and GK implode. But the edits have improved the gameplay to the point where I now enjoy PES 2016 more than FIFA 16. A week ago I wouldn't have believed that was possible.
Aah okay

So you not talking BAL mode you actually play fix cursor on exhibition?

Another thing that causes issues like that are if your team is playing with possession play and high defence line as well as guarding wide areas rather than centre.

Another thing that causes issues like that are if your team is playing with possession play and high defence line as well as guarding wide areas rather than centre.
Right, and I have moved my line back and have them playing center. But I did not know that about the possession setting, thanks. Wonder why that is?

So 79th minute gunners are vying for top spot in the group.

I disposed of them on matchday 1 at the Emirates with Messi bagging a hattrick. With second round secured I told myself I must just get top spot. Got the early goal through Jordi Alba and chilled only for Sanchez and Walcott to score 2 quick fire goals.

Messi was well shackled and when arsenal took the lead they started passing the ball around the back. Last 10 minutes approaching I need to do something. Iniesta steals a ball sneakily and sends it through to to Messi. I see they switching to defensive and know if they playing possession that defensive line has pushed up and send a L1 + circle in the hope Suarez is onside and it gets beyond the huge Mertesacker

As the ball drops I see the keeper is a little stranded just do it L1 and the most delicate of Square...... As Suarez ran off before the ball crossed the line

I was standing with my fists in the air.

https://youtu.be/0YDUWHQyyfI

This game has a few niggles but phew it is a masterpiece

Last edited:
Looking forward to the transfer update, some custom edits and then goodbye spare time. I'm primed for ML. Practically gaping.

Okay. Maybe I am playing too badly. I know it sounds too noob, but can someone tell me how to defend effectively? Just can't keep a clean sheet, even with low rated teams.

I disposed of them on matchday 1 at the Emirates with Messi bagging a hattrick. With second round secured I told myself I must just get top spot. Got the early goal through Jordi Alba and chilled only for Sanchez and Walcott to score 2 quick fire goals.

Messi was well shackled and when arsenal took the lead they started passing the ball around the back. Last 10 minutes approaching I need to do something. Iniesta steals a ball sneakily and sends it through to to Messi. I see they switching to defensive and know if they playing possession that defensive line has pushed up and send a L1 + circle in the hope Suarez is onside and it gets beyond the huge Mertesacker

As the ball drops I see the keeper is a little stranded just do it L1 and the most delicate of Square...... As Suarez ran off before the ball crossed the line

I am sorry, but that is exactly why i ( for the first time, even after PES 2014 bugs and with input lag ) left PES.
Dont take it badly, i am not ignoring your playing skills, its just my personal opinion.

The last time i played, i posted here an image of winning 10-4 with FCPorto on an ML game with top pLayer. I never had scored 10 goals before on top player. I was completly disgusted.

I am sorry, but that is exactly why i ( for the first time, even after PES 2014 bugs and with input lag ) left PES.
Dont take it badly, i am not ignoring your playing skills, its just my personal opinion.

The last time i played, i posted here an image of winning 10-4 with FCPorto on an ML game with top pLayer. I never had scored 10 goals before on top player. I was completly disgusted.
:BLINK: that was an equaliser

Check it and weep...real gameplay from a full game on superstar not an edited goal highlight...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q2IJyCiGHI
Erm okay I didn't play the demo and that edited goal / highlight reel was because I thought it was sweet.

I am not trying to prove anything here merely posted it because I thought it was a stunning goal. Yeesh we are wound up tonight. So much aggro

BTW I am going to try and run at bayern like that and see if the com allows me to do that.

brilliant goal, brilliant summary.......shock horror, I love this game too!

Nice Videos! Wondering if anyone has tried or playing with 0 height camera setting? It really exposes the whole pitch and actually make the game more challenging ( 0 height, 2 zoom and 10 angle)

Superb goal, lovely to see.

Shame a replay of a brilliant goal has to turn into a debate - it's a belter. Thanks for sharing.

Nice Videos! Wondering if anyone has tried or playing with 0 height camera setting? It really exposes the whole pitch and actually make the game more challenging ( 0 height, 2 zoom and 10 angle)

I play at zero height camera , but 8 zoom and 6 angle ..similar to the old FIFA dynamic2 camera that they got rid of

Back
Top Bottom