PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

so what about the news about the update news? this is what happens if you outsource your work, none of the part time workers at PES Production did their homework in time during summer? at least it feels like Konami is part of Evo -Web where you wait an extra few weeks for patches,updates because of personal issues

I dont know how complex it is to maintain the Konami database, but lets be honest here... what 4000 players, 300 teams? Something like that... it wouldnt take 1 person long to have a good rummage through and resolving alot of the issues.

I bet if Konami asked, they could easily get 1 or more people from the UK/EU to give up their spare time to do the database for them before release... a student looking to get into game design etc

It shocks me that Konami still havent a) updated and b) provided a date with when we get the update.

The gameplay covers alot of cracks with this release.

guys, how on earth do you play a free-kick? I see those dumb arrows or points or whatever, and I can't curve the ball, I press right, the arrows move to left.
How free-kicks are played? (I didn't play new-gen PES, that's why I consider myself a newbie, although I constantly play PES6 since its release)

Those bloody form arrows are still so random. I wish they could just be real like if a player scores a hattrick he is amped on the next game
Perhaps scoring a hattrick made the player realise, later on that night, that it made him feel empty inside, that ultimately he just placed a ball into a net three times, that there was more to life than football, and he just felt a little bit depressed and aimless. Perhaps his virtual wife had to persuade him to turn up for the next match at all.

Or, you're totally right and this is another one of those things that should have been fixed a long, long time ago now.

I love the ML "team spirit" stuff, it's the freshest thing to be added to a football game's career mode in ages, IMO. Would love to see the morale fixed to go with it.

pause_menu.jpg

i want that "change player" option back, or even better make a hot key for it during set pieces like for selecting the taker. i hate going in the gameplan screen just for a change

Near-perfect game for me. Except for one aspect...

I'm playing co-op 2 player vs AI, superstar, manual passing, assisted shooting. (Anyone else play this way? Best way to play the game!)

In master league, when playing against a team with higher overall rating or higher team spirit, this game is perfect. Challenging, creative freedom, and good AI attacking intelligence (against us).

However, when playing against a worse/lower spirit team, the attacking AI against us is very poor. It is far too easy to contain them. All that's required it seems is to press X and square and sooner or later you'll gain the ball back. Our players seem much stronger and they always seem to be in the right place.

I'm aware that this could be considered a good aspect of the game, i.e. that better teams should be more difficult to defend against and beat. However, I think the way it's implemented in this year's game is over the top. In PES 2013, no matter who you played against, you always had that "threat" that you might concede (mainly due to AI scripting/cheating, granted).

This year they almost have it perfect, but I would much prefer if poor teams were still a threat going forward, to some extent. Otherwise, when you're playing against them, you can just phone your performance in and that ain't fun.

Does anyone have any advice on how to counteract this? Tactics or formations maybe?

i think its good feature, even if you are a top team with 70 team spirit you should dominate the last team on the table with 60 team spirit...and even so its not so guaranteed that youll score since they probably will park the bus. it provides different matches, different challenges, honestly im loving this

i think its good feature, even if you are a top team with 70 team spirit you should dominate the last team on the table with 60 team spirit...and even so its not so guaranteed that youll score since they probably will park the bus. it provides different matches, different challenges, honestly im loving this
Yeah, I hear what you're sayin. I guess what I'm looking for is in fact unrealistic compared to how football is in real life, but I find it's more fun for me if opposing teams carry an attacking threat. I'm bit of a masochistic gamer in that sense! I suppose if I always start with the default ML team I won't have the problem of being defensively superior.

Anyway, yes the ML in general this year is top-notch. Now if only I could hire somebody to import all the kits... :)

Still didnt started with the ML, ffs where is the DLC!?

Does anyone have the name of the players if you start the ML?
Like the good ol' Minanda and Jaric for example?

pause_menu.jpg

i want that "change player" option back, or even better make a hot key for it during set pieces like for selecting the taker. i hate going in the gameplan screen just for a change

Don't you just press the touchpad to change FK takers? I agree though I'd love to see that quick sub change back. It was always quick and handy.

I can't really understand how the commentary can be so atrocious for 10 years in a row. Granted it has never been good but my goodness you would expect a minimun standard in 2015!

Anyway as usual i alwasy rent the games before buying them and the verdict so far is that i'll skip pes one more year.

I only play offline these days and quite frankly i can't see myself playing the master league with no stadia, bad commentary, poor lighting in night games, poor referees, really shit replays (how they managed to fuck up the beautiful old school replays is beyond my imagination) etc.

Not to mention i find superstar a bit too easy, in the demo i really struggle on superstar (took a few beating), for some reason they dumbed down the game a lot.

I also have some serious gameplay issues with passing and crossing which do not feel stat based at all.

As family takes most of my free time, i guess i am going with nba2k for another year.

There is a lot of good to be found here and there, but the overall package is really mediocre.

I tried a test out last night. Created a fake player with the minimum stats for everything except stamina. Height and weight are also minimized. On manual passing I haven't really felt a difference through one half. I'll see if I can post a screenshot later.

Of course he plays for Cunturpia!

Near-perfect game for me. Except for one aspect...

I'm playing co-op 2 player vs AI, superstar, manual passing, assisted shooting. (Anyone else play this way? Best way to play the game!)

In master league, when playing against a team with higher overall rating or higher team spirit, this game is perfect. Challenging, creative freedom, and good AI attacking intelligence (against us).

However, when playing against a worse/lower spirit team, the attacking AI against us is very poor. It is far too easy to contain them. All that's required it seems is to press X and square and sooner or later you'll gain the ball back. Our players seem much stronger and they always seem to be in the right place.

I'm aware that this could be considered a good aspect of the game, i.e. that better teams should be more difficult to defend against and beat. However, I think the way it's implemented in this year's game is over the top. In PES 2013, no matter who you played against, you always had that "threat" that you might concede (mainly due to AI scripting/cheating, granted).

This year they almost have it perfect, but I would much prefer if poor teams were still a threat going forward, to some extent. Otherwise, when you're playing against them, you can just phone your performance in and that ain't fun.

Does anyone have any advice on how to counteract this? Tactics or formations maybe?

For ALL teams, set the tactics as 'short pass - counter attack'. Anything else makes the opponent AI attacking weak.

Something I discovered yesterday - Not only can you control players off the ball as some have suggested, but you can also take the free kick, quickly press the button to switch to off the ball controls and then you can control the run off your receiver (s).

Well, there is no point playing online if you are on manual and the opponent is on full assisted settings.

Everytime, either Barca or Real. Ping Pong Football with no skill at all.
But if you search for only manual players... jesus it is simply amazing.
You see all kind of different teams, seems like everyone picks his favourite team.

I tried a test out last night. Created a fake player with the minimum stats for everything except stamina. Height and weight are also minimized. On manual passing I haven't really felt a difference through one half. I'll see if I can post a screenshot later.

Of course he plays for Cunturpia!
that's really too bad. I had similar feeling and you seem to confirm that.

This + the o/p lvl 1 "ping pong" assist + the one touch pass online bug... really harms online play. For me it's ever worse then the goalkeepers problem.

It's a piety, we're so close having a fantastic game...

Well, there is no point playing online if you are on manual and the opponent is on full assisted settings.

Everytime, either Barca or Real. Ping Pong Football with no skill at all.
But if you search for only manual players... jesus it is simply amazing.
You see all kind of different teams, seems like everyone picks his favourite team.

spot on. Too bad it's so hard finding manual players...

But MAN how on earth couldn't they plug a match making system per team lvl ? this is beyond me...

I'm so fed up playing against Real/Bayern/Barca all the time...
I would love if those kids could just play against each other in endless Barca/Real matches... how FUN

Perhaps scoring a hattrick made the player realise, later on that night, that it made him feel empty inside, that ultimately he just placed a ball into a net three times, that there was more to life than football, and he just felt a little bit depressed and aimless. Perhaps his virtual wife had to persuade him to turn up for the next match at all.

:D

Playing CL and I got 4 yes 4 fouls against me :BLINK: including a penalty that I missed with Messi

The next game went back to 1 foul only and 86% pass accuracy :( I enjoyed the Wolfsburg game so much more just because the AI made proper errors can't understand how this game swings in the scripting because the next game against Geet or whatever they passed 86% again no fouls and more possession Than barca

20150922_150204.jpg

Last edited:
BAL is pretty broken. Started as a SS at Tours in Ligue 2 on Professional but getting too many chances and my team battering the other team with possession.

Upped the difficulty to Top Player and it's not a whole lot different. Still easy to get chances, still having far too much possession. When I'm not in the team, we lose 3 or 4 goals to 0. But when I'm playing, it's a totally different game.

Currently on 9 appearances, 14 goals and 4 assists.

BAL is pretty broken. Started as a SS at Tours in Ligue 2 on Professional but getting too many chances and my team battering the other team with possession.

Upped the difficulty to Top Player and it's not a whole lot different. Still easy to get chances, still having far too much possession. When I'm not in the team, we lose 3 or 4 goals to 0. But when I'm playing, it's a totally different game.

Currently on 9 appearances, 14 goals and 4 assists.

on my debut as a Classic No. 10 AMF with a Chilean team i gave two assists and scored one. I started from the second half since i had a blue arrow.

I can confirm BAL is broken, i've always loved this mode but this time with this nearly perfect version of PES it's of no use unless i want by age 19 a goal/assist to game ratio more ridiculous than Messi/Ronaldo.

I'll stick to ML and leagues this year

Back
Top Bottom