PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Yeah... all these hundreds of complaints about this same issue everywhere on the Internet must be me posting through a proxy.

I absolutely love your originality, tenacity, all of your 'itys' in fact, including your stupidity.

Now... why don't you slip into something more comfortable, like a coma! ;)

people complain for all sorts of different reasons. Not everyone thinks like you do. When you understand the difference between what you think and what others think we cant talk more about how your playing the game.

Yeah... all these hundreds of complaints about this same issue everywhere on the Internet must be me posting through a proxy.

I absolutely love your originality, tenacity, all of your 'itys' in fact, including your stupidity.

Now... why don't you slip into something more comfortable, like a coma! ;)

Calm the fuck down. That's just not on. Arguing kind of off-topic is one thing but talking like that is completely unacceptable.

Klashman, please end this now. This has dragged on and gone off-topic now.

does anyone here use manual shoooting? damn it's so satisfying just to get a shot on target, so refreshing compared to the broken basic shooting. but really har to get used when 90% of your shots fly anywhere but of target at the same time when cpu basically has deadly accuracy (well kinda like you do with basic shooting). i don't even know what to do lol, the basic shooting is so dull and empty, but the manual is too hard and unbalanced compared to cpu conversion rate. why didn't they implement something like semi-manual that gives you a good amount of freedom with shot placement but doesn't make them fly away to award the opposition a throw-in? (yeah i know it's because it's konami)

Actually, the only thing id add to manual shooting is for it to be even more stat based, ie. accuracy and power shouldn't be so high. I must say though, ive tried doing long range shots with defenders, and some don't shoot well even on manual.. weak shot on a full bar. This needs to be increased to more players though, so only a few each team should be able to really hit it hard and accurate, eg. totti, bale , Ronaldo etc.

Im not totally convince the R2 shots do this on manual, but a cool advanced feature would be to be able to aim slightly to the outside of the post, but curve it into the goal. I kinda get a feeling this can be done with R2, but it could be just the effect of the swerve.

Forgot to tell you the account you have PES 16 unlocked, set that up as your primary account and then all your other email accounts unlocks the game and u can play on your Aussie account.

Thanks jimi,
excuse my ignorance, but where do I do this.. on my ps4 or on pc login.
and if on ps4 where abouts??
So does that mean I need to set up my US psn account/email, as my primary one??

I have tweeted to Adam suggesting an option to set the time of day in the master league. I doubt it will get done, but as said above, it one be one line of code to change to add something which is available in other areas, into the master league, where a lot of the programs customers spend all of their time.

I really can't see a downside to it and it would sort out any problems people have with the ratio of day night games. Anyone that doesn't want to select their own time could just leave it set to whatever it defaults to

Anyone else agree with this and on twitter, I would welcome some backup

What's your twitter name/handle/nick whatever?

I think that, as a community, we should all start bombing @Adam_Bhatti @OfficialPes @Konami all the videos we can where obvious fouls were not called by the Ref. I repeat, we are all a part of a community and we should act as such.
Maybe create a Thread and show screenshots of our Tweets. We will finally be able to see who simply comes here to complain and do nothing about it, and who are willing to do something to at least try to change things.

Those who simply love complaining should get a warning or a yellow card here. And those of us who will cooperate to improve the game, will be simply act as what we are: A PES COMMUNITY.

I'm with you 100%. A thread per bug with as many videos as possible linked on twitter and getting as many retweets as possible should do.

It's like having a burger without beef. In those cases you probably get your money back though.

Football without a ball is like burger without beef. Lack of fouls is more like lack of bad service I'd imagine. Anyway..

Ping pong passing or even just a normal passing game won't get you fouls in PES 2016. You need to dribble, you need to change direction quickly, you need to do something out of the ordinary, you need to surprise the AI - to get fouls. I'm getting about 3-4 fouls from each side every game. Could be better but happy with that.

I'm with you 100%. A thread per bug with as many videos as possible linked on twitter and getting as many retweets as possible should do.

Yet you can see how many people have I lured into with my idea. All of these complainers went on as nothing. They don't care about doing something that might be useful. They just want to complain. Not only the newly registered but also the older members. It's frustrating.

Last edited:
Ping pong passing or even just a normal passing game won't get you fouls in PES 2016. You need to dribble, you need to change direction quickly, you need to do something out of the ordinary, you need to surprise the AI - to get fouls. I'm getting about 3-4 fouls from each side every game. Could be better but happy with that.

Oh, I need to dribble? You don't say. You know, after playing football games since the early 90s it hadn't really occurred to me to until I saw your post that I should probably utilize dribbling! Appreciate it.

I'll just reply with a post I've already made on this topic.

I've seen this thrown about a lot and I call shenanigans.

I use full manual controls, and I assure you, I've gone 4, 5 even 6 matches in a row with only one or two (if that) fouls against me that weren't slide tackles. That's absurd. And yes, I run at the defense, position my players in way that would be conducive to drawing fouls, etc. Just like I used to do in PES 5.

In PES 5, you could just throw your body/turn your back to an opposing player and their momentum would cause them to barge you off the ball. Often times this would result in a foul. I get obstructed, shoved off the ball constantly and nothing is given. Slide tackles are almost always called, but that's only a small portion of the fouls that are being committed. To sit there and tell me there are a lack of fouls because I play the game "incorrectly" is absurd. There's a reason that literally everyone all of the internet is complaining about this issue. It's as clear as daylight.

NO need for a proof. I do get fouls on regular basis, I keep saying that and will say it again, dribble and make runs and you will get fouls.

And I'll repeat myself, what type of fouls are being committed against you? Standing tackles? Obstruction? Collision based fouls? As in, anything other than slide tackles? I'll occasionally get fouled from someone sliding in as I skip past them, but I made that point already. Here's the thing, it's not a question there being a lack of "fouls" being committed, it's that the vast majority of them are not being called.

The other day I was in the penalty box, knocked the ball slightly to my right preparing to shoot, and the defender basically kicked me up in the air, ignoring the ball completely, which just slowly rolled away into the path of another defender while I was lying on the turf. Was it a penalty? Of course it wasn't.

I've been fouled like this a hundred times already, and not once have I ever had a free kick in shooting range, much less a penalty. The ref just ignores it. Must be me playing it "wrong".

Prime example of what I mean. These sort of challenges occur all over the pitch on a frequent basis and almost never get called! Granted, they're not always called in real life, but the rate is far too low to the point it's almost non-existent. I see more collision, obstruction, non-slide tackle based fouls in the FIFA 16 demo that has 4 minute halves than I've seen in 3-5 matches of PES 2016.

they should provide random fouls for small challenges i guess.

PES had this emotion where i scream (not literally) to the ref when i think it is foul but not given and vice versa and other possibility of human mistake.. lol

Forgot to tell you the account you have PES 16 unlocked, set that up as your primary account and then all your other email accounts unlocks the game and u can play on your Aussie account.

Hey there, just did this and yes it works in the sense that im now allowed to play the us version when logged into my aust psn account. However, same problem.. when I go online, in lobby, I see the same servers as before, and my aussie mate just tried inviting me, and again although I get the message, the only option I can do is go to the psn store to purchase the aussie copy. seems that the online stuff is in fact region locked.. that sucks.. hopefully there is a way around this, if not, ill have to get an aussie copy.. and this time ill just stick with a physical copy.

I don't think it's necessarily the number of fouls...which CAN be down to how you play. But which tackles/collisions get called as fouls. That's the bigger issue. I have seen the CPU get free kicks for incidental contact that wasn't a slide tackle...but have hardly got one myself for that kind of contact. But this is on the demo only.

Best experience so far in this game is playing in the Argentinian league in ML, there's no overpowered players, very balanced and a joy to play, lot of amazing games, highly recommend it. 10/10

Hey there, just did this and yes it works in the sense that im now allowed to play the us version when logged into my aust psn account. However, same problem.. when I go online, in lobby, I see the same servers as before, and my aussie mate just tried inviting me, and again although I get the message, the only option I can do is go to the psn store to purchase the aussie copy. seems that the online stuff is in fact region locked.. that sucks.. hopefully there is a way around this, if not, ill have to get an aussie copy.. and this time ill just stick with a physical copy.

Aren't the Aussie copies usually U.S as well

Lol at the ppl trying to defend the lack of fouls or claim there based on play style :)
What makes it worse is there were non in PES 15 too next gen and have had 2 years with that games development included to fix this issue :(

Also highly recommend you guys give 15minute games a go, it's a complete different experience from 10minute matches, noticing a lot more misplaced passes and the pace of the game is well balanced too, I felt on 10min matches was too rushed and too much end to end.

Best experience so far in this game is playing in the Argentinian league in ML, there's no overpowered players, very balanced and a joy to play, lot of amazing games, highly recommend it. 10/10

yeah I agree, lower teams and lower leagues are awesome. Ill give that a go jimi..
just recently been playing with a b team, ie. fiorentina vs some of the lower French teams.. I get awesome gameplay and variety.. full manual, topplayer (not superstar), and ai does heaps of crossing and interchange play etc.
And talk about individuality.. theres a guy in fiorentia called salah (I think he's gone to another club this year.. maybe Chelsea) but he's a gun dribbler.. feel so easy with him as apposed to the rest. Pizzaro feels stronger than most.. its great stuff...

Also highly recommend you guys give 15minute games a go, it's a complete different experience from 10minute matches, noticing a lot more misplaced passes and the pace of the game is well balanced too, I felt on 10min matches was too rushed and too much end to end.

Agreed. Always been an advocate of 15 min games since the PS2 myself :)

Agreed. Always been an advocate of 15 min games since the PS2 myself :)

yeah, the amount of misplaced passing the AI does in 15min games took me by surprise, and also noticed the AI takes its time depending on its tactis and i had one game where the possession was 63-37 in favor of AI

One thing that I am sure of is.. if FIFA 16 was a Konami product and PEs 16 an EA product.. most people here if not all would worship Konami and FIFA 16 and diss PES. To some people it's really now about who makes the game and not the game itself.

People now defending the absence of fouls is absurd. People are now saying you must play a certain way to see fouls? Like really! People would defend PES even if they made the ball square!

One thing that I am sure of is.. if FIFA 16 was a Konami product and PEs 16 an EA product.. most people here if not all would worship Konami and FIFA 16 and diss PES. To some people it's really now about who makes the game and not the game itself.

People now defending the absence of fouls is absurd. People are now saying you must play a certain way to see fouls? Like really! People would defend PES even if they made the ball square!

I am not defending it, just saying that it doesn't spoil my enjoyment of a game which I think plays well and looks better than any football game has

One or two people are defending the flaws or saying they get what Konami did. You seem to concentrate on that rather than to acknowledge that the majority are saying there is a faulT

Also don't get started with that if one game was the other crap. How do you know this?

Fifa needs to be released already so this board can get some chilled vibes.

@SBU is right to some extent. Every year people in PES foruns tend to overlook the problems as if they don't exist, then next year if that's corrected they will then admit the problems of the past games.

Online its a mess, just like goalkeepers online, and mostly because they don't have a clue how a gk works. They stay in the goal line and just fall to the side and that's with r2 shots at 1 mile.

They should correct keeper awareness and movements, and nerf r2 shots limiting its succes to a very low rate in average players and a higher rate in the likes of neymar , messi or robben, but not 9/10, maybe if they're in a red form it would be acceptable, but I would say a 6 or 7 out of 10 would be a good margin and having into account if they are pressured by a defender which will bring the success rate a bit down.

AI goals are other aspect that should be corrected. Always low shots.

AI few crosses, and that should not be linked to tatics as even Barcelona crosses the ball when they have the chance, but in PES even if the win space to the line over the defender, they will stop and make a run inside the area just to make a low pass for a tap in to the bottom corner.

Fouls are well know by everyone, yet mister Konami bulshitter tells in twitter that advantage rule are the biggest complaint.

Last online itself should have a standard defined by the industry, or maybe by console makers. It should correspond to some standards that have to be reached in order for the game to be released as a finalized game, it should be tested to death.

This is one of the best PES I have played since the golden era of PS2 but it lacks in so many aspects yet again, that is not acceptable. The standards of PES 5 or 6 where high, a complete package , they sure add its flaws but they were minimum compared to what we have today. The game today in immensely better in a technical level allowing for so much more depth that for me its not even possible to play 2016 and then 5 or 6.

But it seems

Last edited:

Nope. Sorry you're wrong. The core of both games is still the same and that is why I still prefer PES. End of.

Why do you care anyway though? What you said describes people with brand loyalty. It happens with every single game. You can see it as a bad thing but many others don't. Just let them be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom