PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

games growing on me after a 2 hour session tonight. I then flicked to Fifa and played a "slow" game and it feels fast as I played PES on -1.

One of my main gripes is there is never a misplaced pass or touch errors - especially from the AI. Scoring every time with R2 is a problem so I dont use it.

Done all the prem kits and names so it looks better.

I don't agree with this statement.

I have 15 years of sports games modding under my belt. I've tweaked the gameplay of PES games since the day one.

I have 13 years modding FIFA and PES. Who gives a fuck?

When people point out a fundamental, glaring issue that ruins all realism of the football simulation experience, it's not deliberately "looking for faults".

It does, its bad because its clear Konami have toned the strictness down heavily. I feel this is because of the upped responsiveness, new animations and better collision system. I've not seen a red card or anything closely resembling a red, i had yellows for last man tackles, its needs patch.

Then again, there a lot more to the game than just fouls. you play the game to enjoy what is there and enjoy creating and scoring goals with teams of your choice, the foul issue hasn't affected my enjoyment too much.

I can still create a formation and enjoy the best of the individuality in a team and enjoy passing and creating chances, despite their being no fouls, in a sense you see football, the type you enjoy being played and you get drawn into that because your enjoying it. If your coming into the game with the mentality of 'IS this better than PES 5?' and 'Lets look to compare this directly to PES 5 and what it lacks'. Well your already have a negative mentality and your already searching for faults rather than seeing whats there.

I already knew from the very first video this game was not on PES 2013 level but i don't really care, i like and enjoy what is in front of me, who knows what will happen tomorrow.

I feel what you said lacks empathy of what others look for in a game. We get this too much where if one person is unhappy he wants to make everyone else as unhappy as he is.

would you recommend pes 2013? what was goood about it? i've skipped it playing pes 5/6 but got really bored of it, like i knew everything about those games. then switched to fifa 15 but that didn't last long, there's just no individuality in fifa, then switched to pes 2015 and suddenly enjoyed it, surely it was often a frustrating expirience, i hated the shooting and still do in 2016, but the game has that special pes feeling of freedom and individuality. so how is pes 2013 compared to 2016?

would you recommend pes 2013? what was goood about it? i've skipped it playing pes 5/6 but got really bored of it, like i knew everything about those games. then switched to fifa 15 but that didn't last long, there's just no individuality in fifa, then switched to pes 2015 and suddenly enjoyed it, surely it was often a frustrating expirience, i hated the shooting and still do in 2016, but the game has that special pes feeling of freedom and individuality. so how is pes 2013 compared to 2016?

PES 2013 isn't for everyone and on PC it's very sensitive and quite volatile, what was special in PES 2013 is the balance and the fact anything could happen and games felt like a blank canvas. The best part was the goals variety, no game comes near, so, so, many different goals, the responsivness is still the best in any football game. On most football games you find ways to score which you know 95% you will be successful, PES 2013, you where rewarded for doing things differently.

Its defiantly one of the hardest PES games, especially defending, that was hard since it was more about your tactics than how you even time tackles.

it was best played on 1 bar or Full Manual 15 minute halfs minimum, but if you want the challenge of 25/30 minutes i'd recommend it since it was awesome, the game was more real the longer time limits you set.

Last edited:
Then again, there a lot more to the game than just fouls. you play the game to enjoy what is there and enjoy creating and scoring goals with teams of your choice, the foul issue hasn't affected my enjoyment too much.

Jesus KONAMI says: Blessed are people who are easy to please.

I think that, as a community, we should all start bombing @Adam_Bhatti @OfficialPes @Konami all the videos we can where obvious fouls were not called by the Ref. I repeat, we are all a part of a community and we should act as such.
Maybe create a Thread and show screenshots of our Tweets. We will finally be able to see who simply comes here to complain and do nothing about it, and who are willing to do something to at least try to change things.

Those who simply love complaining should get a warning or a yellow card here. And those of us who will cooperate to improve the game, will be simply act as what we are: A PES COMMUNITY.

PES 2013 isn't for everyone and on PC it's very sensitive and quite volatile, what was special in PES 2013 is the balance and the fact anything could happen and games felt like a blank canvas. The best part was the goals variety, no game comes near, so, so, many different goals, the responsivness is still the best in any football game. On most football games you find ways to score which you know 95% you will be successful, PES 2013, you where rewarded for doing things differently.

Its defiantly one of the hardest PES games, especially defending, that was hard since it was more about your tactics than how you even time tackles.

it was best played on 1 bar or Full Manual 15 minute halfs minimum, but if you want the challenge of 25/30 minutes i'd recommend it since it was awesome, the game was more real the longer time limits you set.

wow that sounds really impressive, pes was always about the variety for me, i think i'll try it tomorrow, thanks
but surely it had some major flaws? like, it's pes, it just has to have them lol

For all the talk about lack of fouls, for me it's not even the biggest issue. Default shooting settings totally break the game. You have to play on manual shooting to get any satisfaction out of shooting. Default R2 shooting and long shots are so over-powered I don't know how they made it into the game as is.

Meanwhile there's serious defensive AI problems. It might not be quite as bad as FIFA 15, but it's close. I'd say that when I review the goals that I concede in replay, at least 1/3 are caused by AI teammate defenders just "forgetting" to mark a CPU attacker. It's really poor at times.

It can be fun and exciting, to be sure. Just wish it was a bit better balanced in some key areas, and a bit more sim oriented.

I got the us version and when i log into my us account i play against us people and when i log into my au account i play against euro players

Try logging into ur au account

Hey there,
Its weird, when I log into my aussie account, the US version of pes2016 I have, becomes locked. Even when I have both my us and aust accounts open and switch between the two??? Its like I have to be logged into my US account to play any games ive downloaded with my US account. Similar thing happens when I play games that ive dled from my Japan account.
Hoping Jimi is right, and that it becomes unlocked when aust version is released.. which is about now hahah ill give it a go

Jesus KONAMI says: Blessed are people who are easy to please.

I don't like your statement, you lack empathy, you really understand others when you debate, its like you just want everyone to agree with you.

Look at things from a different perspective, don't just expect everything to be as you feel it should.

Turn your statement around, why do you feel as if Konami should make a game exclusively for how you like to play?

wow that sounds really impressive, pes was always about the variety for me, i think i'll try it tomorrow, thanks
but surely it had some major flaws? like, it's pes, it just has to have them lol

yeah, the mods are pretty crap, no league mode, master league is underwhelming, players sometimes seem like they are made of cardboard, you get warping and lots of flimsy bad animations. Its not perfect by any stretch :) .

I think that, as a community, we should all start bombing @Adam_Bhatti @OfficialPes @Konami all the videos we can where obvious fouls were not called by the Ref. I repeat, we are all a part of a community and we should act as such.
Maybe create a Thread and show screenshots of our Tweets. We will finally be able to see who simply comes here to complain and do nothing about it, and who are willing to do something to at least try to change things.

Those who simply love complaining should get a warning or a yellow card here. And those of us who will cooperate to improve the game, will be simply act as what we are: A PES COMMUNITY.

Would love to do that.

Thanks will try it - I tend to use ... 4, 9, 1 Camera setting at the moment.

Sorry to be a pain but you don't happen to know what stadium it is you are playing in your photo ? I know the camera settings do vary slightly from stadium to stadium.

Thanks

I'll check later for you when I'm back home :)

Hey there,
Its weird, when I log into my aussie account, the US version of pes2016 I have, becomes locked. Even when I have both my us and aust accounts open and switch between the two??? Its like I have to be logged into my US account to play any games ive downloaded with my US account. Similar thing happens when I play games that ive dled from my Japan account.
Hoping Jimi is right, and that it becomes unlocked when aust version is released.. which is about now hahah ill give it a go

Forgot to tell you the account you have PES 16 unlocked, set that up as your primary account and then all your other email accounts unlocks the game and u can play on your Aussie account.

I don't like your statement, you lack empathy, you really understand others when you debate, its like you just want everyone to agree with you.

Look at things from a different perspective, don't just expect everything to be as you feel it should.

Turn your statement around, why do you feel as if Konami should make a game exclusively for how you like to play?

No. I'd like them to produce a football game that even remotely resembles the real game of football.

I have a hard time understanding what this has to do with "empathy" and how can anyone take this to personal level?

But hey... sorry if I insulted your game DVD purchase.

I got 6 fouls and AI 4 in two matches. So you want proof? I wont make a video but you are welcome to come to my place. We could play pes by the fireplace

NO need for a proof. I do get fouls on regular basis, I keep saying that and will say it again, dribble and make runs and you will get fouls. Yes, the ref system is somewhat biased, more fouls to the CPU, but I don't think there is a problem there. In fact, it teaches you to tackle with care and makes it more challenging. The real problem for me is squad update

Would love to do that.

Well then.
If anyone else is on board, we could start by gathering most of youtube videos in one single post.
I will start looking for them now. Once we have enough (at least 8 vids) we can create that new thread.

I really hope this isn't in vain, otherwise I guess I would be very disappointed.

This ^

Also after playing fifa demo the last two weeks going back to pes animations is painful

The toe poke passes are just awful, which professional footballer passes the ball like that? Add the lack of polish and the horrendous online exoerience and im starting to regret paying 80 bucks for it. Weird cos i had a blast with the demo, but i was expecting more from the bells and whistles side of things. Should have known better i guess

I get what youre saying. In fact I often skip the close up replays in pes as some of the dribbling and running animations really bug me. Havent played fifa16 demo for a while, but even when I was in the skill session pre game, you know the dribbling one as the player goes through in between the poles - it really shows how good fifa has got simple things like the dribble animations and the individual touches on the ball. Im hoping the case with pes is that now that they have a great game, they focus on adding way more CORRECT animations including adding a few more frames in between movements for better transitions.

What bugs me with fifa though is the player physics.. its in replays you really notice how long and lanky they look. Neymar looks horrible..

I mentioned this a while ago, but I think PES14 had best balance of player physics and animations... I recently found a video I captured from a modded pc version, and apart from the skating, it looked amazing and unlike the ps3, in amazing 1080p and 60fps. Ill have to upload it somewhere, but I think a lot of you guys will be amazed at how good it really looked... watch this space haha

Yeah just need to wait till tomorrow morning when the Aussie is unlocked and should be good to play

I hope so, thanks. Btw had my first online game yesterday against someone in the us or brazil, and manual was rubbish.. ie. I couldn't do fist touch passing with the meter going anywhere beyond a quarter of the power. So every first time pass went about 2meters from my player.. very frustrating

Really, I think the best way to test though is to play full manual against players in my region, Australia. Last year I had a few good manual games vs a guy who lives in the same city.. for me though still not as good as doing the 1v1 in the same room. Sounds a bit weird I know..

No. I'd like them to produce a football game that even remotely resembles the real game of football.

Realistic to your standards and nobody else.

[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time understanding what this has to do with "empathy" and how can anyone take this to personal level?

But hey... sorry if I insulted your game DVD purchase.

See, there, you said it, you have no idea what everyone else wants.

does anyone here use manual shoooting? damn it's so satisfying just to get a shot on target, so refreshing compared to the broken basic shooting. but really har to get used when 90% of your shots fly anywhere but of target at the same time when cpu basically has deadly accuracy (well kinda like you do with basic shooting). i don't even know what to do lol, the basic shooting is so dull and empty, but the manual is too hard and unbalanced compared to cpu conversion rate. why didn't they implement something like semi-manual that gives you a good amount of freedom with shot placement but doesn't make them fly away to award the opposition a throw-in? (yeah i know it's because it's konami)
I do. Full out manual. And I love it. :)
The game does have fouls, as someone else has mentioned I often get 1-2 per game, maybe more.... the AI, well that depends on me tbh, but I generally concede 1 or 2 a game as well.

Now you may say, well real games have 10-15... well thats a 90 minute match... 90 minutes...

We are cramming a 90 minute game into 10 minutes, put 15 fouls/free kicks into a 10 minute game and what will you get? A stop start piece of crap... people moaning that they have conceded 9 free kicks to C.Ronaldo etc

You have to put things into perspective, video games of football are not 90 minutes and have to try and cram in as best as they can, the fun aspect of the game whilst maintaining realism.

Im not saying its perfect by any means, but complaining that there are 'NO FOULS' is just a lie, plain and simple. Why> Because i play the game and draw fouls and give them up.
Yeah right. And scores would be 15:15 instead of 3:3! ^^
As much as I love playing and not getting interrupted all the time, but the refs need to blow the whistle for fouls a lot more!
You can mow the opponent down over and over again and nothing happens. Wish i had like 2-4 free kicks a game. I do play it 15 min matches. Maybe they'll fix it.
The other thing is keepers in the box! Little stiff in 1on1 situations!
Besides these 2 problems I'm a happy gamer!! :D ML is lovely this time. Nice little details! Best PES since a long time!!

Realistic to your standards and nobody else.

Yeah... all these hundreds of complaints about this same issue everywhere on the Internet must be me posting through a proxy.

I absolutely love your originality, tenacity, all of your 'itys' in fact, including your stupidity.

Now... why don't you slip into something more comfortable, like a coma! ;)

does anyone here use manual shoooting? damn it's so satisfying just to get a shot on target, so refreshing compared to the broken basic shooting. but really har to get used when 90% of your shots fly anywhere but of target at the same time when cpu basically has deadly accuracy (well kinda like you do with basic shooting). i don't even know what to do lol, the basic shooting is so dull and empty, but the manual is too hard and unbalanced compared to cpu conversion rate. why didn't they implement something like semi-manual that gives you a good amount of freedom with shot placement but doesn't make them fly away to award the opposition a throw-in? (yeah i know it's because it's konami)

I find using L2 (aiming arrow) with manual is just awesome.. without it, is more of a blind aim and ill only do this when its an easy tap in. I find L2 aiming system very realistic, as im most cases a player will aim precisely where they want the ball to go, particularly one v one situations. I still often misplace it though, but not by much, and that looks realistic..
I was in training mode last night, and discovered what PES does so well is the momentum and response associated with crossing the ball in (low or high) and the shooting that follows. So easy to do, yet still challenging to get it precisely on target.. and everything is just so damn smooth.

Back
Top Bottom