PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I listened to the WENB podcast and one of the podcast guys (Asim, i think) had similar complaint.
Adam Bhatti said he had heard the same complaint and was surprised to hear that because he had plenty of day (or night) games (can't remember which one it was).
He said he spoke about the development team about that and said they where baffled by it, they didn't uinderstood how this was possible.

At the time of hearing, this struck me as very weird...

It depends where you playing, I'm doing a ML with Man Utd and Napoli,

90% of my Napoli games are sunny day, 90% of my utd games are day rain or night/night rain

I listened to the WENB podcast and one of the podcast guys (Asim, i think) had similar complaint.
Adam Bhatti said he had heard the same complaint and was surprised to hear that because he had plenty of day (or night) games (can't remember which one it was).
He said he spoke about the development team about that and said they where baffled by it, they didn't uinderstood how this was possible.

At the time of hearing, this struck me as very weird...

imo they really need a small testing team in this UK office. the studio seems to have influence and has definitely made some sort of improvement to the end product but we are always left with really silly problems that seem to get lost or confused in one of the many layers of communication.

Issues get fed back via Adam/Asim/Community channels such as @officialPES but then there is nobody on the Konami side dedicated to trying to nail down what that issue is to give good feedback to the developers for them to try and resolve it. I'm sure Adam tries and gets across as much as he can but no doubt his job entails much more than that and he is a very busy man. If Konami UK had a small team that really focused on QA from the customer perspective they could take these problems, invresigate them properly and actually translate into something meaningful for the development team to go on and fix.

Endless scraps of information or tweets will never do anything to improve this sort of thing. he'll even the big documents of feedback given by the community sites on previous games is useless to the development team because there's nothing actually concrete. With this current issue we have lots of people talking about the ML games being played exclusively at night and Adam saying... 'that doesn't happen for me' which the developers are more than happy to concur with because that is how developers work :D Adam doesn't have the time to sit there and start up ML after ML under different conditions to try and see if he can replicate the issue. Bloody hell maybe i should pitch this idea myself, any other QA's want to come in with me?

I choose wide or long then customize to my liking: 4, 10, 10 :)

Thanks will try it - I tend to use ... 4, 9, 1 Camera setting at the moment.

Sorry to be a pain but you don't happen to know what stadium it is you are playing in your photo ? I know the camera settings do vary slightly from stadium to stadium.

Thanks

It depends where you playing, I'm doing a ML with Man Utd and Napoli,

90% of my Napoli games are sunny day, 90% of my utd games are day rain or night/night rain

When Adam first started talking about the weather months ago, he said something which struck fear into me, that maybe in England you have more rain in the master league.

This is the type of thing that they talk about and it sounds like a decent idea and they can go on about it being introduced and realism. However, the reality is that they go totally over the top and almost every game with an English team is in the rain and at night

The game looks so much better during the day. I know it's not realistic, but I would love them to add an option to chose the time of day of master league games. It would mean that so much more of peoples time spent playing the game, is spent looking at it looking as good as it can.

When Adam first started talking about the weather months ago, he said something which struck fear into me, that maybe in England you have more rain in the master league.

This is the type of thing that they talk about and it sounds like a decent idea and they can go on about it being introduced and realism. However, the reality is that they go totally over the top and almost every game with an English team is in the rain and at night

The game looks so much better during the day. I know it's not realistic, but I would love them to add an option to chose the time of day of master league games. It would mean that so much more of peoples time spent playing the game, is spent looking at it looking as good as it can.

It would be great if they can add the option for choosing time of the day. Lighting makes a big difference in experience IMO. I don't have a preference to play day or night games, it depends on the stadium. Some look really good in night games on PS4

Hey guys,
I live in Australia and recently downloaded the us version of pes2016 via my US psn account to get it early. Now, a friend just today got the Australian version (physical copy). He tried adding me to an online game, and to my dismay we cannot actually play against eachother....any way around region lock??? Or can sony give refunds, so I can simply buy the Australian version?? Any help would much appreciated.

Yeah just need to wait till tomorrow morning when the Aussie is unlocked and should be good to play

Nailed it ! This x1000.

Why don't they just leave the time option open and let the user decide how real or true to life they want their experience to be. It's not like the experience or world of PES is a pillar of realism anyway. I mean come on, the game is stacked with made up teams, kits, emblems, players, balls and stadium and they are stopping us choosing the time of day as its not REALISTIC !

It's mind blowing, it will literally be one line of code that would need its value changing to allow us to choose the time of day ourselves ... But as we know with Konami, it won't happen and will stay locked until next year at the earliest (if ever).

I am not on social media/twitter but if I was I would spend half my time sending Adam these issues asking him to get the Tokyo developers to open up stuff like this for the user to decide ... Well at least until he read it, ignored it and blocked me. ;)

Last point is true also, videogame football matches just ALWAYS look better in the day time. No game has quite managed to get night matches lighting and turf colour just right yet ... PES 2011 came the closest so far from memory.

Last edited:
Yeah just need to wait till tomorrow morning when the Aussie is unlocked and should be good to play

I got the us version and when i log into my us account i play against us people and when i log into my au account i play against euro players

Try logging into ur au account

I genuinely enjoy the game this year but I read a post about five minutes ago that said PES 2016 "makes up for all the presentation problems from last year". This is a pretty fucking big presentation problem, if you ask me - and exactly the kind of thing Konami need roasting over.

I'd rather see a review pulling all the problems like this to pieces so that the developers maybe get a bit more budget or support from Konami, as opposed to a load of A* reviews that make their attitude precisely this: "right, everyone loves the game, we can continue on a shoestring budget and just keep reworking the gameplay".

(Again, I'll reiterate, I'm enjoying the game. I'd just like a change in attitude with regards to the immersion stuff.)

This ^

Also after playing fifa demo the last two weeks going back to pes animations is painful

The toe poke passes are just awful, which professional footballer passes the ball like that? Add the lack of polish and the horrendous online exoerience and im starting to regret paying 80 bucks for it. Weird cos i had a blast with the demo, but i was expecting more from the bells and whistles side of things. Should have known better i guess

I have tweeted to Adam suggesting an option to set the time of day in the master league. I doubt it will get done, but as said above, it one be one line of code to change to add something which is available in other areas, into the master league, where a lot of the programs customers spend all of their time.

I really can't see a downside to it and it would sort out any problems people have with the ratio of day night games. Anyone that doesn't want to select their own time could just leave it set to whatever it defaults to

Anyone else agree with this and on twitter, I would welcome some backup

Maybe suggest toning down shooting and making it more stat based than laser guided missiles is more important than night games in Master League?

Now that PES 2016 doesn't have ANY FOULS at all I have an idea:

How about removing offsides completely from PES 2017? That would make it more "arcade fun" without annoying breaks and referee interruptions.

Ahh... piss off Konami. Going back to PES5 and PES6 (again).

Now that PES 2016 doesn't have ANY FOULS at all I have an idea:

How about removing offsides completely from PES 2017? That would make it more "arcade fun" without annoying breaks and referee interruptions.

Ahh... piss off Konami. Going back to PES5 and PES6 (again).

it has fouls just not enough, im seeing about 3 per game (10 minute match)

I have tweeted to Adam suggesting an option to set the time of day in the master league. I doubt it will get done, but as said above, it one be one line of code to change to add something which is available in other areas, into the master league, where a lot of the programs customers spend all of their time.

I really can't see a downside to it and it would sort out any problems people have with the ratio of day night games. Anyone that doesn't want to select their own time could just leave it set to whatever it defaults to

Anyone else agree with this and on twitter, I would welcome some backup

this problem was also in 15, this year I've had one ML game and it was in the day.. probably the first and last.

Maybe suggest toning down shooting and making it more stat based than laser guided missiles is more important than night games in Master League?

It might be, but he has already had feedback on the shooting. What I am suggesting would be a very quick change for a developer to make as it would simply to be turn something on which is turned off when a screen is loaded.

I would doubt if they were looking at things to patch, evaluating the benefits of this would have any impact on a decision work on shooting

Partly because the demo is limited to 2 teams and i can't tell whether the Season mode in FIFA allows for EPL + FA Cup + Champions League. Also, does FIFA allow for World Cup tournaments?

Its hard to do a world cup as the selection of international teams isn't that great, for instance compared to the 2014 world cup the following are missing in FIFA

Croatia, Japan, Costa Rica, Honduras, Nigeria, Bosnia, Iran, Ghana, South Korea, Algeria

And the following are Partially licensed teams (messed up kits you cant edit)
Cameroon, Chile, Colombia, Ivory Coast, Uruguay, Swiss, Portgual, Belgium, Russia

FIFA has some national teams which don't look like qualifying for a world cup ((China, Canada, India) so you could use these and you can also pad it out with the European teams it has (Ireland, Wales, Denmark). I still think it doesn't look that good. If you look at Euro 2016, some big teams that have nearly qualified for this are missing from FIFA (e.g. Iceland, Czechs, Slovakia/Ukraine) so you cant use them, and also there are only 3 Asian teams (Australia, China, India), most World Cups have 4 (e.g. last one Australia, Iran, S.Korea, Japan, WC2010 swap Iran or N.Korea) - China and India don't look likely to make it to the 2018 World Cup. It's a similar issue with CONCACAF, you have 2 good teams in FIFA 16 (Mexico and USA), but instead of the next 2 usual qualifiers (Costa Rica and Honduras) you have Canada (haven't been at a World Cup in generations). It's the same issue with the African teams, Algeria and Nigeria (who both made the knockouts and both were at the 2010 WC) are missing (as are Ghana) and instead there is only Egypt and South Africa.

One thing that many here have been pointing out the past 2-3 years, including myself: every player can get a good shot off from any angle or body position. PES never used to be like this, and it's a result of Konami removing ratings like shot technique. In that regard and unlike previous PES games, individual shot stats no longer make a difference to players.

You may have pointed it like the many here but you are wrong.

Are you playing pes or is this just all power of deduction?

You are eluding to footballers not all being able to shoot well. Some of the best shot or goals you will see is from unknown teams.

Now that PES 2016 doesn't have ANY FOULS at all

The game does have fouls, as someone else has mentioned I often get 1-2 per game, maybe more.... the AI, well that depends on me tbh, but I generally concede 1 or 2 a game as well.

Now you may say, well real games have 10-15... well thats a 90 minute match... 90 minutes...

We are cramming a 90 minute game into 10 minutes, put 15 fouls/free kicks into a 10 minute game and what will you get? A stop start piece of crap... people moaning that they have conceded 9 free kicks to C.Ronaldo etc

You have to put things into perspective, video games of football are not 90 minutes and have to try and cram in as best as they can, the fun aspect of the game whilst maintaining realism.

Im not saying its perfect by any means, but complaining that there are 'NO FOULS' is just a lie, plain and simple. Why> Because i play the game and draw fouls and give them up.

You may have pointed it like the many here but you are wrong.

Are you playing pes or is this just all power of deduction?

You are eluding to footballers not all being able to shoot well. Some of the best shot or goals you will see is from unknown teams.

I think we have a winner here, someone who gets it, someone who understands football.

Spot on Zeemeister :APPLAUD:

Definitely doesn't mean there is less individuality. If anything this year's game has more than ever. The stats are less yes but I think it's because they have somehow been linked into one. And players defiantly do not have the same shooting skills

Fifa on the other hand is crazy in this sense beside the lack of stats making any difference whatsoever busquets runs like Messi who runs like Banega and this to me is more meaningful than having a large spread of stats that mean nothing.
Honestly I prefer this year stat system to the previous one. More simple to understand, and it does a similar job to recreate player individuality.

After 2 years I didnt get the whole "Combined Ability" approach they went after. Were 4 complicated stat pages needed? I don't think so.

The game does have fouls, as someone else has mentioned I often get 1-2 per game, maybe more.... the AI, well that depends on me tbh, but I generally concede 1 or 2 a game as well.

Now you may say, well real games have 10-15... well thats a 90 minute match... 90 minutes...

We are cramming a 90 minute game into 10 minutes, put 15 fouls/free kicks into a 10 minute game and what will you get? A stop start piece of crap... people moaning that they have conceded 9 free kicks to C.Ronaldo etc

You have to put things into perspective, video games of football are not 90 minutes and have to try and cram in as best as they can, the fun aspect of the game whilst maintaining realism.

Im not saying its perfect by any means, but complaining that there are 'NO FOULS' is just a lie, plain and simple. Why> Because i play the game and draw fouls and give them up.

THIS. Spot on.

Fouls per game in real football:

Bundesliga: 36.46
EPL: 24.63
La Liga: 37.41
Serie A: 35.09

Fouls per game in KONAMI soccer "simulation":

From 0 to 2.

Come on... this is absolutely laughable and there are no excuses.

played a few online games yesterday, resopnse was an issue like in 2015... it actually felt like 2015, was very annoying.. Thank God this doesn't happen often but it did yesterday.

From 0 to 2.

I understand your frustration. But remember, those numbers are from a 90+ min game. I think the equivalent in pes 2016 would be 9 or 10 maybe 11 fouls per game...

From 0 to 2.

Pssst how many minutes are there in a video game? Would you like a video game with that amount of foul counts? Bad example nut I get you it may need a few more than 2.

Fifa on the other hand is crazy in this sense beside the lack of stats making any difference whatsoever busquets runs like Messi who runs like Banega and this to me is more meaningful than having a large spread of stats that mean nothing.

This just isn't true.... :BORED:

Pssst how many minutes are there in a video game? Would you like a video game with that amount of foul counts? Bad example nut I get you it may need a few more than 2.

Following your logic there shouldn't be any goals or shots, either. They apparently should be related to time as well, huh?

Zero or one shots would be absolute maximum with this logic. Goals... give me a break. It's only 10-15 min halfs. Maybe one goal per six games. Correct?

There is no way you can explain this utter madness (lack of fouls and referee interruptions). It's absolutely ridiculous and destroys this (otherwise) very potential football game.

Following your logic there shouldn't be any goals or shots, either. They apparently should be related to time as well, huh?

Zero or one shots would be absolute maximum with this logic. Goals... give me a break. It's only 10-15 min halfs. Maybe one goal per six games. Correct?

There is no way you can explain this utter madness (lack of fouls and referee interruptions). It's absolutely ridiculous and destroys this (otherwise) very potential football game.
Are you being serious you want a realistic foul count in a football game?
I don't think Konami nor EA would be willing to go down this route for either of their games

But again I agree with you more is needed just not as much as you want it seems as that would hamper the whole experience

And yes pedders I am being very honest about busquets running like Messi. In fact you have a better chance of a successful dribble with busquets due to EA love for bigger players.

I understand your frustration. But remember, those numbers are from a 90+ min game. I think the equivalent in pes 2016 would be 9 or 10 maybe 11 fouls per game...

That would be ok. Would be about right... and the amount I get in PES5, for example. It's very realistic.

But now there's virtually ZERO. Especially if your playing style doesn't have a lot of sliding tackle. Some people might get 1 or 2 per game.

That is just EPIC FAIL.

Back
Top Bottom