PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Been playing master league with defaults on superstar and it's not even remotely challenging winning most games comfortably, seems like the same bug from 2014 where defensive ai is on begginer? Does anyone know if it gets more challenging in the 2nd the season?

It's so strange because in exhibition and cup games I find superstar challenging but it's like the master league is bugged the ai just back off and back off, so annoying as I'm loving the new style of it.

Does someone have kits for follwoing Serie B teams:

Vitus Lanciano
Perugia Calcio
Novara Calcio
FC Crotone
Latina Calcio
Virtus Entella

These are the last teams in PES 2016 i need kits for, all others are already done ;)

The more I play this game i can't see the individuality for passing between players, I've put passing down to the minimum in the editing section for several players and hasn't made a difference for accuracy it's still exactly the same
I did the same test with 15 last year and posted the same comments. One of the reasons I haven't purchased 16, the broken coding issues from 15 are still in 16 and haven't been fixed.

Background:

Need help to choose between the 2 games (only buying one) for the PS4.
Bought PES 2013, FIFA 14 and PES 2015. Been a PES fan since PS2 days, but recently found FIFA 16 demo to be quite impressive.

Tried both demos and here are my thoughts:

FIFA 16:
Graphics - Presentation is amazing. Overall color scheme much bolder and sharper than PES, which looks bland. Overall, PES is beginning to look very amateurish (like a PS2 game coated in the FOX Engine). PES player faces are incredible though.
Commentary - FIFA is really close to a TV broadcast with alot of relevant information being spoken. PES has improved but the phrases seem very general for any situation.
Animation - FIFA take longer to execute but the players still feel solid. Good momentum. PES responsiveness is far higher but i do find the collision system to excuse too much rough tackling.
Fouls - FIFA actually has sensible refereeing, which allows for freekicks to be part of your offensive arsenal.
Defending - much improved responsiveness vs that horrendous defensive system they implemented in FIFA 14. Now its much simpler and intuitive, but i still find the double pressing of PES better.
Free-kicks and Corner Kicks - the angle looks much better and more exciting than PES. Need more fouls in PES... i went through a game hacking away like Vinnie Jones and didnt even get booked!!!
Replays - much better than PES. More photo-realistic, although I find the heads look strangely attached to the bodies.
Atmosphere - chants seem much more lively and authentic (just able to play Barc vs Real Madrid in demo).
Formations - much tidier menu systems. I don't know why PES has made it so complex this year.
Individuality - much better in PES. This year seems like the midfield battles are more refined in PES, with much more unpredictability. Not sure about FIFA, as the demo only has two teams. Have people found the teams in the FIFA retail version to show distinctive tactics and styles?
My needs - My family life means I tend to play rarely but when I do it tends to be offline. I would like to play as Liverpool during a season, including EPL, FA Cup, Champions League. Also would like to play a World Cup tournament if possible.
Goalkeepers - FIFA seems much better, with some good half-saves or deflections into the goal.

Would appreciate any impartial advice. Thanks

Partly because the demo is limited to 2 teams and i can't tell whether the Season mode in FIFA allows for EPL + FA Cup + Champions League. Also, does FIFA allow for World Cup tournaments?

Individuality etc. might only be good for the star players & teams. I would like people with the retail version of FIFA or PES to share their thoughts on this issue as authentic play styles is important to me.

Thanks

Last edited:
I really feel the individuality in PES.
When I play online (on manual) and you get a good opponent it can happen that the defensive line is too solid. So a normal pass wont help you there. It is like in real football, you need the outstanding guy that has the ability to jump defender to create a hole.
I really like the game, the lag online is still there, but it is minimal. Still, in some situations, the lag fuks you over =/ hope they fix that.
But sometimes I get into a game with no lags, and those are the best games usually. So maybe its about the connection of my opponent? Couse I am using fiber glass, so I dont think its my connection lol

I agree with those who complain about passing, shooting and crossing being almost identical to every player.

I tried all sort of combination with little luck.

I think the day the started put in all these manual/advanced/assisted setting they actually killed the heart and soul of the game, which was the excellent stat based approach.

I also find through balls insanely easy even on manual/superstar.

Not too mention the crazy numbers of balls that hit the post.

I have a general feeling that they game is playing me somehow, i am not playing the game.

I think the day the started put in all these manual/advanced/assisted setting they actually killed the heart and soul of the game, which was the excellent stat based approach.
No. Konami has been removing player ratings for years, that's why. They removed shot technique in 2012 for example, which is why all players now seem to have the same accuracy and why positioning and balance no longer matters. They also dumbed down the entire ratings system, changing from a 1-99 ratings scale to a 40-99, another reason why players all seem to have the same passing/shooting abilities.

Couldn't be happier..what pes16 lacks in presentation it more then makes up for in gameplay thrills and spills..

They've nailed it for me..top demo and now a near floor less game on the pitch.

No doubt many will negate what it doesn't do for them but for me pes come good this year.

I just can't put it down which speaks volumes and I'm just loosing myself in the chile league.

Bravo pes productions and a big thumbs up from me.

No. Konami has been removing player ratings for years, that's why. They removed shot technique in 2012 for example, which is why all players now seem to have the same accuracy and why positioning and balance no longer matters. They also dumbed down the entire ratings system, changing from a 1-99 ratings scale to a 40-99, another reason why players all seem to have the same passing/shooting abilities.

Definitely doesn't mean there is less individuality. If anything this year's game has more than ever. The stats are less yes but I think it's because they have somehow been linked into one. And players defiantly do not have the same shooting skills

Fifa on the other hand is crazy in this sense beside the lack of stats making any difference whatsoever busquets runs like Messi who runs like Banega and this to me is more meaningful than having a large spread of stats that mean nothing.

When I was playing the ML last weekend I´ve noticed an individuality in shooting i.e. kicking power.
My two DM´s have a kicking power around 60´s and when I tried doing some long range shots with them from out the box, the ball came down too quick...so it made sense, which is a good thing.

Looking for players with more physicality in the next ransfer window.

I hope this doesn´t disappear when playing full manual.

I wanna try full manual, hoping the game will click then.

EDIT:

Anyone notice that in ML all the matches are at night?

Yeah, my first 5 matches been at night either and they were normal league games.
After the 6th or 7th I had daytime matches then.

Anyone notice that in ML all the matches are at night?
I genuinely enjoy the game this year but I read a post about five minutes ago that said PES 2016 "makes up for all the presentation problems from last year". This is a pretty fucking big presentation problem, if you ask me - and exactly the kind of thing Konami need roasting over.

I'd rather see a review pulling all the problems like this to pieces so that the developers maybe get a bit more budget or support from Konami, as opposed to a load of A* reviews that make their attitude precisely this: "right, everyone loves the game, we can continue on a shoestring budget and just keep reworking the gameplay".

(Again, I'll reiterate, I'm enjoying the game. I'd just like a change in attitude with regards to the immersion stuff.)

And players defiantly do not have the same shooting skills
One thing that many here have been pointing out the past 2-3 years, including myself: every player can get a good shot off from any angle or body position. PES never used to be like this, and it's a result of Konami removing ratings like shot technique. In that regard and unlike previous PES games, individual shot stats no longer make a difference to players.

Hey guys,
I live in Australia and recently downloaded the us version of pes2016 via my US psn account to get it early. Now, a friend just today got the Australian version (physical copy). He tried adding me to an online game, and to my dismay we cannot actually play against eachother....any way around region lock??? Or can sony give refunds, so I can simply buy the Australian version?? Any help would much appreciated.

Hey guys,
I live in Australia and recently downloaded the us version of pes2016 via my US psn account to get it early. Now, a friend just today got the Australian version (physical copy). He tried adding me to an online game, and to my dismay we cannot actually play against eachother....any way around region lock??? Or can sony give refunds, so I can simply buy the Australian version?? Any help would much appreciated.

Somebody said here, that if your account is registered to AUS you can redownload it and play without the region lock. Not sure tho

I genuinely enjoy the game this year but I read a post about five minutes ago that said PES 2016 "makes up for all the presentation problems from last year". This is a pretty fucking big presentation problem, if you ask me - and exactly the kind of thing Konami need roasting over.

I'd rather see a review pulling all the problems like this to pieces so that the developers maybe get a bit more budget or support from Konami, as opposed to a load of A* reviews that make their attitude precisely this: "right, everyone loves the game, we can continue on a shoestring budget and just keep reworking the gameplay".

(Again, I'll reiterate, I'm enjoying the game. I'd just like a change in attitude with regards to the immersion stuff.)

I listened to the WENB podcast and one of the podcast guys (Asim, i think) had similar complaint.
Adam Bhatti said he had heard the same complaint and was surprised to hear that because he had plenty of day (or night) games (can't remember which one it was).
He said he spoke about the development team about that and said they where baffled by it, they didn't uinderstood how this was possible.

At the time of hearing, this struck me as very weird...

Definitely doesn't mean there is less individuality. If anything this year's game has more than ever. The stats are less yes but I think it's because they have somehow been linked into one. And players defiantly do not have the same shooting skills

Fifa on the other hand is crazy in this sense beside the lack of stats making any difference whatsoever busquets runs like Messi who runs like Banega and this to me is more meaningful than having a large spread of stats that mean nothing.

individuality is certainly there, even on manual... I am sure it is some who influenced by players stats.

Somebody said here, that if your account is registered to AUS you can redownload it and play without the region lock. Not sure tho

Where did you hear this?? id really like to look into this. So im guessing I delete it, and reinstall will logged into the Australian account or??

Where did you hear this?? id really like to look into this. So im guessing I delete it, and reinstall will logged into the Australian account or??

I'm sorry, somebody wrote that here a couple of pages ago.
I cant give you more information about that =/

Back
Top Bottom