PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Are you being serious you want a realistic foul count in a football game?
I don't think Konami nor EA would be willing to go down this route for either of their games

But again I agree with you more is needed just not as much as you want it seems as that would hamper the whole experience

And yes pedders I am being very honest about busquets running like Messi. In fact you have a better chance of a successful dribble with busquets due to EA love for bigger players.

YES. I'd like to get more realistic amount of fouls. Imagine that! When you get zero or one free kick per match it's just about as authentic as playing the game without offsides and corners. It's utterly ridiculous, unless you're talking about an arcade game.

I'd like to have a fucking slider for the referee strictness and some other basic ai settings. Is that too much to ask for?

NHL games have had plenty of ai sliders since the mid-nineties. These bozos come up with a football game without fouls. And people post excuses and defend this kind of madness... and even have a nerve to call it "simulation". I just find it... well... RICH. :D

That would be ok. Would be about right... and the amount I get in PES5, for example. It's very realistic.

But now there's virtually ZERO. Especially if your playing style doesn't have a lot of sliding tackle. Some people might get 1 or 2 per game.

That is just EPIC FAIL.

I am getting a realistic number for fouls, given the game length. If you tackle, there will be fouls, of course, and if you try to dribble and make runs etc. you will get fouls and free kicks.

Okay I don't know if you purposefully being daft now

I AGREE THERE NEEDS TO BE NORE FOULS

but not 30+ in a 15minute video game. Alarmed that you can't see the logic in this but I hope you get your wish one day just not on pes thanks

Pssst how many minutes are there in a video game? Would you like a video game with that amount of foul counts? Bad example nut I get you it may need a few more than 2.

Nice balance would be 3-4 on average each team, more on high-octane games, where the qualification a place in a championship is the goal, and/or between rivals.

The amount of advantage given is also ridiculous. Should be only given in real scoring opportunities where it's really an advantage for the team attacking or at minor fouls, not leg-breakers in the own half..

and of course, the amount is dependent on your playing style.
If you are abusing assisted passing and do nothing more, than ping-pong passing, you get less fouls.

If you go physical and go one on one, you get more.

But generally, there should be at least 2-3 times more (given)

Pssst how many minutes are there in a video game? Would you like a video game with that amount of foul counts? Bad example nut I get you it may need a few more than 2.

The game is a simulation of 90 minutes plus not 10 mins... otherwise it would be absurd to win 6 - 1. Let alone making substitues in 10 mins and other elements.

Fouls per game in real football:

Bundesliga: 36.46
EPL: 24.63
La Liga: 37.41
Serie A: 35.09

Fouls per game in KONAMI soccer "simulation":

From 0 to 2.

Come on... this is absolutely laughable and there are no excuses.

I bet these are for total number fouls, both teams :D

Made a game 10m half and saw some fouls made by the AI team, but most of them didn't stop the match as the referee has clearly given the advantage (correctly!;))
It has much to do with your style of play also, if you don't try to keep the ball in your feet and are constantly passing... the computer will not make fouls...:))

Just dribble around the opposition and they will tackle the sh*t out of you :P

But refs are absolutely lenient. I make a ridiculous tackle in the box which usually calls for a penalty and a red card. To my surprise, ref doesn't care.

https://youtu.be/c-YBMi7mEho

Last edited:
This just isn't true.... :BORED:

I second this. Playing as city, David Silva twists and turns like he does in real life, with the ball glued to his feet. Toure feels very different as does Sterling.

Individuality didn't used to be very pronounced in Fifa, but it's a big improvement from what i've experienced with the demo this year.

I bet these are for total number fouls, both teams :D

Made a game 10m half and saw some fouls made by the AI team, but most of them didn't stop the match as the referee has clearly given the advantage (correctly!;))
It has much to do with your style of play also, if you don't try to keep the ball in your feet and are constantly passing... the computer will not make fouls...:))

So in reall football there are fouls because teams try to keep the ball at their feet rather than pass it around?:FAIL::D

IMO the game is great fun even without the fouls. It flows well and you can get some really great moments that do not feel scripted. Maybe its my age but I seem to get less hung up on things like this and simply enjoy the game for what it is.

Okay I don't know if you purposefully being daft now

I AGREE THERE NEEDS TO BE NORE FOULS

but not 30+ in a 15minute video game. Alarmed that you can't see the logic in this but I hope you get your wish one day just not on pes thanks

Where did I say that I want 30+ fouls?

Are you misunderstanding my posts on purpose ?

I already stated that about 10 fouls per game would be sufficient. About 10-15 would be perfect. In PES5 and WE9 you get about 15 per game (when you play 15 min halfs). That's pretty much "spot on", in my opinion... and a great compromise. You get all kinds of fouls from all kinds of different situations. Just like in real football. You don't have to play "certain way" to get them.

This issue was bad in 2015 but PES 2016 has failed completely in this regard. There are no ifs and buts about it.

If someone still enjoys the game... fine. But for me it ruins the experience completely because I want at least some realism when I buy a game that pretends to be "simulation" of real football.

Shame as the ai has a lot of potential.

Last edited:
The funniest thing is that free kicks feel slightly different this year - if you go into training mode and try them out - so they've obviously done some work on them. Why did they bother? I've played 30 games now, and not once have I been fouled by the AI within shooting range.

EDIT: Don't worry, answered my own question

Last edited:
and of course, the amount is dependent on your playing style.
If you are abusing assisted passing and do nothing more, than ping-pong passing, you get less fouls.

If you go physical and go one on one, you get more.

But generally, there should be at least 2-3 times more (given)

I've seen this thrown about a lot and I call shenanigans.

I use full manual controls, and I assure you, I've gone 4, 5 even 6 matches in a row with only one or two (if that) fouls against me that weren't slide tackles. That's absurd. And yes, I run at the defense, position my players in way that would be conducive to drawing fouls, etc. Just like I used to do in PES 5.

In PES 5, you could just throw your body/turn your back to an opposing player and their momentum would cause them to barge you off the ball. Often times this would result in a foul. I get obstructed, shoved off the ball constantly and nothing is given. Slide tackles are almost always called, but that's only a small portion of the fouls that are being committed. To sit there and tell me there are a lack of fouls because I play the game "incorrectly" is absurd. There's a reason that literally everyone all of the internet is complaining about this issue. It's as clear as daylight.

I've seen this thrown about a lot and I call shenanigans.

I use full manual controls, and I assure you, I've gone 4, 5 even 6 matches in a row with only one or two (if that) fouls against me that weren't slide tackles. That's absurd. And yes, I run at the defense, position my players in way that would be conducive to drawing fouls, etc. Just like I used to do in PES 5.

In PES 5, you could just throw your body/turn your back to an opposing player and their momentum would cause them to barge you off the ball. Often times this would result in a foul. I get obstructed, shoved off the ball constantly and nothing is given. Slide tackles are almost always called, but that's only a small portion of the fouls that are being committed. To sit there and tell me there are a lack of fouls because I play the game "incorrectly" is absurd. There's a reason that literally everyone all of the internet is complaining about this issue. It's as clear as daylight.

Doesn't matter what the problem is with a new PES, there'll always be someone trying to claim that there's actually no problem at all and it must be your fault for not playing it properly... this has been going on for years.

The other day I was in the penalty box, knocked the ball slightly to my right preparing to shoot, and the defender basically kicked me up in the air, ignoring the ball completely, which just slowly rolled away into the path of another defender while I was lying on the turf. Was it a penalty? Of course it wasn't.

I've been fouled like this a hundred times already, and not once have I ever had a free kick in shooting range, much less a penalty. The ref just ignores it. Must be me playing it "wrong".

The ref could let one of these go, every now and then. But 8 out of 10 times these won't be called.

https://youtu.be/aeqq3YcL99c

Why can't we just have a slider: REFEREE STRICTNESS?

Why all other major sports games (NHL, NBA and NFL) have AI SLIDERS, but not football games? These issues could be easily solved with them.

You may have pointed it like the many here but you are wrong.

Are you playing pes or is this just all power of deduction?
jesus christ man, I'm having a dialogue with you for the purpose of sharing info, if you want to play some childish internet game of "I'm right and you're stupid" then go play with yourself, I don't participate in that juvenile shit.

jesus christ man, I'm having a dialogue with you for the purpose of sharing info, if you want to play some childish internet game of "I'm right and you're stupid" then go play with yourself, I don't participate in that juvenile shit.

No need for blasphemy. Was simply asking if you are playing it or not.

I understand your frustration. But remember, those numbers are from a 90+ min game. I think the equivalent in pes 2016 would be 9 or 10 maybe 11 fouls per game...

and factor in there are less types of fouls which are available in a video game to real life.

There still should be more fouls regardless. people are right, the weird thing is the game is already setup for more fouls to be given but so many are let slide.

One thing i do notice while i'm unhappy with the foul count, it seems as if certain people are deliberately just looking for faults :|

I don't agree with this statement.

I have 15 years of sports games modding under my belt. I've tweaked the gameplay of PES games since the day one.

When people point out a fundamental, glaring issue that ruins all realism of the football simulation experience, it's not deliberately "looking for faults".

Leaving fouls out of a football "simulation" is just plain fucking idiotic. You can't take that kind of "simulation" seriously.

It's like having a burger without beef. In those cases you probably get your money back though.

Last edited:
Just played two games. 10 min long. 6 fouls in the first one and 4 fouls in the second one. I think the ref should blow the whistle a little bit more. Though it doesn´t deserve a few pages on this forum and people loosing themselfes about this :) For me this is a small problem. Should be easy to fix.

does anyone here use manual shoooting? damn it's so satisfying just to get a shot on target, so refreshing compared to the broken basic shooting. but really har to get used when 90% of your shots fly anywhere but of target at the same time when cpu basically has deadly accuracy (well kinda like you do with basic shooting). i don't even know what to do lol, the basic shooting is so dull and empty, but the manual is too hard and unbalanced compared to cpu conversion rate. why didn't they implement something like semi-manual that gives you a good amount of freedom with shot placement but doesn't make them fly away to award the opposition a throw-in? (yeah i know it's because it's konami)

Just played two games. 10 min long. 6 fouls in the first one and 4 fouls in the second one.

Hang on, the computer fouled you 10 times in two 10-minute games? Seriously?

Should be easy to fix.

We said that last year, when there were also no fouls. Three patches came and went; they didn't fix it. Then the new game comes out... and there are even fewer fouls. Their "community manager" or whatever he's called these days ignores people when they ask him about this on Twitter. You really think they're going to fix it?

Just played two games. 10 min long. 6 fouls in the first one and 4 fouls in the second one. I think the ref should blow the whistle a little bit more. Though it doesn´t deserve a few pages on this forum and people loosing themselfes about this :) For me this is a small problem. Should be easy to fix.

I've played at least 35 games and I'm lucky if I get ONE foul per game. Everyone on the Internet is reporting the same issue.

And you get 10 fouls. Yeah right... video or it didn't happen.

does anyone here use manual shoooting? damn it's so satisfying just to get a shot on target, so refreshing compared to the broken basic shooting. but really har to get used when 90% of your shots fly anywhere but of target at the same time when cpu basically has deadly accuracy (well kinda like you do with basic shooting). i don't even know what to do lol, the basic shooting is so dull and empty, but the manual is too hard and unbalanced compared to cpu conversion rate. why didn't they implement something like semi-manual that gives you a good amount of freedom with shot placement but doesn't make them fly away to award the opposition a throw-in? (yeah i know it's because it's konami)

Yeah, I found the manual shooting too difficult. It was like trying to piss with a hard-on,it just made a mess. Seems to easy to score screamers on standard shooting but probably the best option for me.

I've played at least 35 games and I'm lucky if I get ONE foul per game. Everyone on the Internet is reporting the same issue.

And you get 10 fouls. Yeah right... video or it didn't happen.

I got 6 fouls and AI 4 in two matches. So you want proof? I wont make a video but you are welcome to come to my place. We could play pes by the fireplace

Back
Top Bottom