PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I set rival clubs when I did my PL editing (why on earth the feature is included but not a single one set by default, I don't know). When I come up against these clubs in ML, there were ALOT of fouls in each game. This says to me that there really is no excuse for the foul issue not being fixed.

Share play on ps4 is amazing. If u and your friend have fast internet it's like playing offline. No more lag or bad golies

Played hours of it this morning it's fun building squads and setting useless players as trainers to "drain" their abilities and improve who you deem fit for your squad but at the end of it all you think it's only really for bragging rights. You don't win any trophies or anything like that. For future works Konami can include a trophy cabinet and you can hunt for different titles

Top tip. Keep your gold coins for a good coach first and foremost. Do not use them for players

Second tip do the achievement completion as it gives you more gold coins

The default database in the game doesn't seem like it was touched in ages. With the transfers coming soon do you think they will change it much. I mean update player stats alot very underrated and some still very underrated. Also more realistic formations and team styles. Example United haven't played long ball counter attacking football in ages. I don't call booting the ball up to fellaini counterattacking. Also wasn't someone that was a member here now working with konami on these kind of things. I think I can also remember one of the main konami europe people in an interview saying it was something that they were going to spend more time on. The regens seem to be alot better this year and a good database is needed for Master League. Also on the master league I really like it this year. Love how theres story lines throughout the season that also link up to the commentary. The only thing that lets it down is the unrealistic transfer and job offers

I am sorry, but as far as I am concerned, this is the best football game ever made.

Just played three games as zenith st Petersburg vs Bordeaux in the santos stadium during the day and the game looked and played years ahead of anything I have played before

This. And the Sao Paolo stadium during the day as well = sheer joy.

PLaying as Hellas Verona a fair bit of late. If there ever was a team that illustrates player individuality and playing to that asset in the game, it is them on account of Luca Toni being an absolute bullying beast of a player.

I am sorry, but as far as I am concerned, this is the best football game ever made.

Just played three games as zenith st Petersburg vs Bordeaux in the santos stadium during the day and the game looked and played years ahead of anything I have played before

It's good, but come on. The game still has its problems such as lack of responsiveness, and lack of subtlety in controls.

Personally, I like what they are trying to do regards implementing more contextual movement in dribbling that is minus the requirement for multiple button inputs. There is still a long way to go yet in this regard, but it is very much why I simply prefer PES' interpretation of football over FIFA's.

I have read a lot of posts on a number of forums and alike and the accusation made is that PES is arcade and not a simulation. Mapping multiple modifiers and running speeds to a control set does not simulate the absolute simplicity of having the ball at your feet. The more the developers stick with the theory in approaching control that it should be easy to pick-up but difficult to master the better. This would then allow for it to be more about individuality among the teams, players and of course tactical depth that becomes the real differential regards skill. Honestly, everybody should be able to pick up a pad and have a blast playing a football game without the need for reading and learning skill moves and modifiers for simply running or kicking the bloody ball.

PES2016 has its issues, make no mistake about it, but it does offer joy when simply getting on with it and not actively seeking out the flaws. I can honestly say that beyond the fouls issue, and some little quibbles about the keepers, there isn't a great deal out on the field that I find particularly jarring. It does frustrate, but it is more often than not that which frustrates is simply my fault and not the games.

The big issue for me is the lack of community friendly assets, but that is really a result of modern gaming being online enabled, so things like profile sharing becomes ever more a no-no. A real shame given there is plenty the game can offer in this regard beyond simply sharing files with kits and corrected names; sharing vast tactical options and set-ups really should be something the game encourages. Sure, you can say that the developers should have it all worked out, and I would agree that should be so, if the roster of available teams was far fewer than it is.

Last edited:
I'm currently being entertained by a bug I've never encountered in any PES game before. The CPU keeper is holding the ball and walking around in circles and backwards. He is now out of the stadium and can't even see his dot on the radar. He's possibly left the city. The timer won't fecking stop.

0jJIhSW.jpg

Which camera angle settings are you using here ? looks awesome.

Is this on PC and edited angle by any chance ? Not seen this type of high up angle on PS4.

Thanks

OK, after spending more time with games and a few cups (no ML until data update, whenever that is....) I have some little things that annoy me, I've had some good games so Im not complaining, BUT:

- The jump/skip animation of the AI, it seems it happens way too much, the least realistic animation if its done 7 times in one possession .

- I'm not a pro player that wins 10-0 on superstar, so for me, with my playing style, I've noticed that after scoring a goal, the AI will make some ridiculous plays to equalize it, (they will be impossible to tackle, all the balls go their way, etc). In short, I'm seeing some scripting from the AI. This wasn't bad in Exhibition, but during tournaments/cups it was terrible. Its usually a through ball that for some reason my defense is completely taken by surprise and leaves a gigantic hole for some reason that wouldnt have been there if I hadn't scored. This happens immediately after my goal.

- Anyway to defend the AI free kick? from outside the box it's always my keeper touching the ball but not enough to get it out from goal. AI goal 90% of the time

Those are some frustrations so far after playing it more, well on top of the usual ones (keepers, fouls). Its still enjoyable tho.

PS: maybe I've played too much, but I'm already tired of hearing the :" you can hear the collective sigh of relief, as they know they've come away with it" .......

How can you add a third kit for a licensed team???

Not possible on console.

Don't you just press :square:? Or is it not possible at all for licensed teams? I'm at work and won't be home till 7 hours later so can't check, sorry.

Which camera angle settings are you using here ? looks awesome.

Is this on PC and edited angle by any chance ? Not seen this type of high up angle on PS4.

Thanks

I choose wide or long then customize to my liking: 4, 10, 10 :)

Hopefully someone can confirm. I'm currently uploading kits to the game, emblems etc, the update will not affect this will.it?

I hope someone confirms this too. I've spent 3 hours doing the EPL last night and I definitely don't want to see all that gone in vain.

EDIT: Anyone know how to get rid of the fake PEU, PLA and PAS leagues in ML? I did choose not to include them but these teams are still in and keep sending offers my way. I did also buy a player off them. I know these can be edited to any league but they're fully fake which is a massive problem to me if I want to create the Bundesliga. I'd have to create each and every player for every team! This is where we really need OF sharing :(

I'm loving all the stats in ML. I spend a long time delving into them.

Last edited:
I love that the players pretty much know where the ball is at all times when it's in their control. For example when you hold R3 and flick the ball in the air, your player adjusts their leg to the height of the ball (since it's different every time). No longer does that flick have a pre-determined height and animation. Many times, with skilled players, have I been able to juggle my way out of close marked situations.

I'm not seeing tons of goals but I do agree that something is fundamentally off with scoring. I think maybe what's going on is that while it's difficult to create chances, it's rather easy and predictable to score once a good chance is created.

For example, get me in the box with an R2 shot and you pretty much always know whether it's going in 9 times out of 10. The same thing if I create a chance by dribbling in from the flanks at pace and hit a hard shot from the top of the box.

have you thought of trying something different when attacking in order to get different results?
imo, it sounds like you play the same way every time and you complain the game behaves the same.

i havent got the retail version yet. so i'd like to know if the cpu ai still refuses to attempt a shot from 30-35 yards with the appropriate players? does the cpu ai still do not cross the ball if their tactics are set to short posession game?

The more I play this game i can't see the individuality for passing between players, I've put passing down to the minimum in the editing section for several players and hasn't made a difference for accuracy it's still exactly the same, to me that is a big deal for individuality, they've gone down fifas path for people complaining the ball doesn't go where they want it to go, cause of those complaints individuality is lost in that department.

The more I play this game i can't see the individuality for passing between players, I've put passing down to the minimum in the editing section for several players and hasn't made a difference for accuracy it's still exactly the same, to me that is a big deal for individuality, they've gone down fifas path for people complaining the ball doesn't go where they want it to go, cause of those complaints individuality is lost in that department.

Same with long pass, crossing and shooting accuracy. They just don't make any difference.

I think the foul (or lack thereof) depends on form arrows too.
For some reason I can't explain, if I play in cup matches, I got moderate amount of fouls, in one match I made 2 fouls whereas AI made 5 fouls.

However, can't say the same in exhibition where I fix the form to normal (green). If I use random form arrows, I'm getting fouled too albeit not that frequent as in cup matches.

Also, Jimi's experiment is good too. I included "Track Back" playing skills to 2 players and was getting pressured for the whole game.

On a side note, does anyone know where to get rival teams list?

Last edited:
Tried the game with a few mates last Friday and we were very amused by it in general!

One thing that baffled us though was that it doesn't seem possible anymore to start an offline custom cup (konami cup) with a custom number of teams/players. The minimum number of teams was 8 and we were with 6. Why did they take this out? It's insane!

FFS Adam batthi os saying in os twitter that what people most complain its advantage rule... Where does this guy live? In a fairy tail country?

What about the shitty laggy online with awfull keepers? 1 sec response times its unbearable. And every single r2 shot even the slowest its goal, every one on one situation its a goal, even if you defend pretty well, you will concede 2 or 3 chances per game, which will result in a 2 or 3 goals.

In about 16 or so games only one match ended with a goal score below 3.

And I know its not me defending bad because I Win most of the games until now but its ridiculous that a game that shines offline even with the same CPU goals every time and lack of crosses and fouls , can be so bad online

Back
Top Bottom