PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

People mentioned about easy to score? Not sure about that because i'm having trouble creating clear cut chances against CPU on Super Star. Often matches ended at 0-0 or 0-1, with both team having low percentage of pass accuracy. GK has been pretty decent so far. They tend to parry the ball into safe zone, there's much less chance for easy tap-in.

Maybe it is easier to score when you keep picking big team with big name player.

How do you defend a cross? The auto switch changes as soon as the cross comes in, the centreback you were controlling misses the header while you're controlling some midfielder.

It's a pain in the arse, defending in the tutorial is easy, but in the game it's a different kettle of fish - purely because the player switching is still fooked.

People mentioned about easy to score? Not sure about that because i'm having trouble creating clear cut chances against CPU on Super Star. Often matches ended at 0-0 or 0-1, with both team having low percentage of pass accuracy. GK has been pretty decent so far. They tend to parry the ball into safe zone, there's much less chance for easy tap-in.

Maybe it is easier to score when you keep picking big team with big name player.

I think most complains are coming from those who are playing with fully assisted passing and shooting. I am the same like you, don't find the game easy to score; I play with full manual controls.

How is online on PS4/XBOX1 guys? I'm playing on PC and the input lag is painful. But i heard that on PS4 things are better.

Even on basic I don't get easy goals.

Where I do get easy goals in when I am forced to play beginner, regular amateur settings in mlo

I'm not seeing tons of goals but I do agree that something is fundamentally off with scoring. I think maybe what's going on is that while it's difficult to create chances, it's rather easy and predictable to score once a good chance is created.

For example, get me in the box with an R2 shot and you pretty much always know whether it's going in 9 times out of 10. The same thing if I create a chance by dribbling in from the flanks at pace and hit a hard shot from the top of the box.

I'm finding midfield play and chance creation to be pretty fun and varied. But once chances are created, it becomes too predictable for me, and I think that might be why so many people are complaining of how "empty" it feels to score in PES now.

I'm not seeing tons of goals but I do agree that something is fundamentally off with scoring. I think maybe what's going on is that while it's difficult to create chances, it's rather easy and predictable to score once a good chance is created.

For example, get me in the box with an R2 shot and you pretty much always know whether it's going in 9 times out of 10. The same thing if I create a chance by dribbling in from the flanks at pace and hit a hard shot from the top of the box.

I'm finding midfield play and chance creation to be pretty fun and varied. But once chances are created, it becomes too predictable for me, and I think that might be why so many people are complaining of how "empty" it feels to score in PES now.

:APPLAUD:

Exactly.

I don't know, how others can overlook it. I think it will be only matter of time till they realize..

I already mentioned several times the reasons, which are so apparent, to me.

So my theory why scoring feels meh:

1. shooting is not varied enough. Too many shots go on target, let it be manual, basic, cpu or human. CPU shots rarely from distance, from close they shot usually low and hard for corners, only volleys tend to go higher.

2. keepers are bad, slow to react for inside the box shots, in addition to that, they tend to stay on their lines / or coming out late, seems, that they lack some animations and let in easily low shots going close to their feet.

3. as it wouldn't have been enough, the CPU scripting (at least on superstar) enables lot of inside box shooting chances only by dribbling in from the sides through 3-4 defenders like there is no tomorrow or by abusing through balls. This shooting chance then results 90% in a goal, low hard shot to the sides, late keeper diving etc..

Frustrating.

My one and only Fifa demo match showed more shooting variety, than my 2 day session on PES. Exaggerating, but you know what I mean.

Unfortunately Fifa is bad on so many levels. e.g. I couldn't distinguish Messi and Sergio Busquets dribbling style.

I had the empty feeling last year but certainly not this year , I've enjoyed every match . I can bare FIFAs movement compared to this. Appreciate its still early days

Sorry guys I have hit every bar on shooting scored headers into the ground or bullets and chipped low and high, hit daisy cutters from far out.

I just don't see an issue with it

Edit: what I will say is want to see more movement on the ball it seems to move very straight never dipping or swerving dramatically and that may give the look of nought variation

Lag online its not admitted this days, at least as it is on PES and specially myclub. Are we still using 64k modem and I don't know?

I will quote this post from another forum about online play and I agree. It's not really lag it's broken game mechanics.

"Online, this game sucks balls. It aint nothing to do with lag (as we recognise it), as the game for me has played almost 100% smooth. It is just that games like these where split second reactions are required just aren't suited to the online environment, and the more advanced they become, and in particular the more responsive and fluid they become, the harder it will be to maintain the quality of the game in online mode."

:APPLAUD:

Exactly.

I don't know, how others can overlook it. I think it will be only matter of time till they realize..

I already mentioned several times the reasons, which are so apparent, to me.

So my theory why scoring feels meh:

1. shooting is not varied enough. Too many shots go on target, let it be manual, basic, cpu or human. CPU shots rarely from distance, from close they shot usually low and hard for corners, only volleys tend to go higher.

2. keepers are bad, slow to react for inside the box shots, in addition to that, they tend to stay on their lines / or coming out late, seems, that they lack some animations and let in easily low shots going close to their feet.

3. as it wouldn't have been enough, the CPU scripting (at least on superstar) enables lot of inside box shooting chances only by dribbling in from the sides through 3-4 defenders like there is no tomorrow or by abusing through balls. This shooting chance then results 90% in a goal, low hard shot to the sides, late keeper diving etc..

Frustrating.

Fundamental problems after so many years.
The game is too expensive for this s@it.

Sorry guys I have hit every bar on shooting scored headers into the ground or bullets and chipped low and high, hit daisy cutters from far out.

I just don't see an issue with it

Edit: what I will say is want to see more movement on the ball it seems to move very straight never dipping or swerving dramatically and that may give the look of nought variation

I agree, you can score a lot of different goals, but the CPU won't.
They lack shooting variety. And your normal shots also too easily go on target.

only my opinion, I'm happy, that others enjoy it. I won't give it up on it yet.

The servers were online but only tried out 11 vs 11 which is a lot of fun played about 10 games and everyone was passing the ball, unlike Pro Clubs on FIFA when you play a drop in match and 8 out of 10 matches at least someone will hog the ball. The game rewards passing football and you aren't going to get anywhere as stamina runs out quickly if you sprint a lot. R1 is your best friend.
I just wonder if you get enough opponents to play against in the 11 vs 11 mode. Or do you play that mode against the CPU?

I am sorry, but as far as I am concerned, this is the best football game ever made.

Just played three games as zenith st Petersburg vs Bordeaux in the santos stadium during the day and the game looked and played years ahead of anything I have played before

Chimps as a gameplay editor, you know this isn't the best game ever made. It has the base for it, but the gameplay is far from what it should be on default settings. You must edit the tactics, and you must use a higher defensive line + low compactness (wide) to get the Attention Deficit Defending (from FIFA 15 terminology of mine) of the back line to be lessened.

Pay attention to why chances are coming about and goals are being scored, it's more like charity than it is effort when the CBs go chasing another player when you're through on goal, and vice versa.

As gameplay editors, if we'll call ourselves that, we have to be more responsible for what is being shown on the field and not focused on the results (goals/chances, etc), but find out the reasons WHY the animations happen the way they do and why the challenges are deemed realistic or not.

Back
Top Bottom