PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

So form arrows can change during a match now (is this new?)? I just did an exhibition with all my players set to normal/green arrows but Luca Toni scored a hat trick and now has a yellow arrow! Neat feature.

Some awful defending. Where was the centre-back going?!

Yeah, this is doing my head in at the moment. For so many goals, when you watch in replay you see defenders doing nonsensical things. Way too often they just quit marking attackers, allowing easy chances.

I really enjoy how PES 2016 plays in the middle of the pitch but there's serious issues in the final third, with over-powered shooting and poor defensive AI my biggest complaints.

Yeah, this is doing my head in at the moment. For so many goals, when you watch in replay you see defenders doing nonsensical things. Way too often they just quit marking attackers, allowing easy chances.

I really enjoy how PES 2016 plays in the middle of the pitch but there's serious issues in the final third, with over-powered shooting and poor defensive AI my biggest complaints.

Exactly. In the midfield it's nice, balanced, physical, in the final third, it's a let down, with very high ratio of shots ending in a goal.

Overall there are too many goals, even on superstar, manual.

I think this is caused by 3 things:
- overpowered shooting / less variance
- goalkeepers late diving, staying on line
- bad defending AI

And seems that superstar AI is exploiting it. They very often tend to pass/dribble as long as they get a shooting opportunity inside box and it's almost always ends in a goal. They also try to read my mind and dribbling past defenders 3-4, like they are programmed to score - this is called here scripting, I guess.

If i say fuck off , does it give me more credit ? That zee guy said it you did say nothing to him instead ,you threatened me, it's fucking unbeliaveble..

Can u please explain me why ı won't be here ?

Because Your a serial spammer repeatedly posting negative one liners and fucking everyone off.
Its OK to post an opinion once,when You do it repeatedly it pisses people off.

Because Your a serial spammer repeatedly posting negative one liners and fucking everyone off.
Its OK to post an opinion once,when You do it repeatedly it pisses people off.

I replied to a guy who mentioned about lack of stadium problem , i don't remember i've said anthing about it before..Anyway , i will cut it here since the game doesn't have hundreds of problems to talk about..

Has anyone purchased their version from PS network? If so can they post a PS4 screen please as i purchased and anniversary version and it seems to have downloaded the normal version. Anniversary has packs but i don't seem to have them.

For online:

Play full manual. Passing and shooting at least. Set to "similar settings". Only way to enjoy online this year, have had som fantastic matches so far.

I can't understand people saying it's hard to find people to play with these settings, have not waited more than 3-4 min for a game since thursday (i'm in Sweden).

I will never understand the necessity of some of the EVO-WEB members (even the oldest ones) to come here and compain about THE SAME STUFF over and over and over and over again. Then they act like "oh... I'm a 35 year old man, everything is so childish here, I don't have enough time to get in these silly arguments or wait for Konami to do this and that". I you are SO busy being a family-guy, which is good, I am too, then stop coming here to complain about the same things all the time man. Go play a game you actually like and stop complaining. Damn... is that so hard?.

It's like.... I hated games like MGS and still I went to some MGS fans forum and start spreading my hate about the game and talking about how everything was better when I was 12, but now that I'm almost 30 it just isn't fun anymore. LOL.

Yeah, I'm talking to you: The sacred older members of these boards who think you can't be touched. I don't care. You are as annoying as these trolls who come to the PES thread with a thousand different accounts to cherish FIFA and just troll around. Or vice versa.

STOP. WASTING. YOUR. TIME.
Use your little free time to play a game you actually like. You are annoying.

Last edited:
I don't understand why there is so much negativity. I love it so far.

The graphics on the ps4 seem like a jump forward and better than any football game I have seen, especially on the stadiums with darker green turfs. I find playing with smaller teams feels better. One game I had with boca vs Fluminense in the burg stadium during the day felt and looks amazing

It feels balanced and I don't see loads of goals as there aren't many chances. There also seem to be a lot of new animations and on flicks and shots. I conceded a goal from a free kick when the computer controlled team jumped over the ball and then another played hit it

I'm still on PS3 'cos I can't afford a new console... we get the same 12 stadia as last year (there is a new one - but they also took one out from last year), there don't seem to be any option files anywhere online (the one site where they can be found is mysteriously offline), there are loads and loads more unlicensed clubs than there were last year and only 9 teams in the "other European clubs" section (is it this bad on PS4 too?) and of course we've still got all the old rosters for at least a week after release (which I find hard to even believe).

Really enjoying the game - apart from the insane lack of fouls, which just boggles the mind - but this is all a bit of a downer. Are there any plans to put new stadia / teams in the PS3 version via a DLC? Do you reckon anyone will bother to do an option file? I'm not shelling out a zillion quid for a new console which doesn't do option files either, and which I can't even use as a media player...

I don't understand why there is so much negativity. I love it so far.

The graphics on the ps4 seem like a jump forward and better than any football game I have seen, especially on the stadiums with darker green turfs. I find playing with smaller teams feels better. One game I had with boca vs Fluminense in the burg stadium during the day felt and looks amazing

It feels balanced and I don't see loads of goals as there aren't many chances. There also seem to be a lot of new animations and on flicks and shots. I conceded a goal from a free kick when the computer controlled team jumped over the ball and then another played hit it

I feel the same mate , it's a joy to play I don't get the hate. I'm seeing more free kicks than the demo and the AI has also scored a step over free kick against me

One thing that stands out more and more is individuality. I had a game were I was city against villa I hammered them 4-1 tbh a bit easy. So I tried again as Bolton V villa ..they hammered me 5-1 ..I could tell my players just weren't on city's level...also didn't help me having my CF sent off after 10 mins

Sticking with this for this year

What a game this is human v human. Just brilliant. Also just set my myclub
Up so will be giving that a go soon.

The commentary will be going off though. It's unbearable after half a day of playing. Screaming every players name during every single shot as if it's a last minute chance in the World Cup final soon gets very irritating.

What a nightmare it is importing the kits, I imported Premier League kits but I had to go through pretty much all 20 of the teams in the Premier League and change the markings colours for player names & squad numbers on the kits. Also had to go through and remove the numbers from the shorts of pretty much all of the teams because the numbers on the shorts were overlapping logos and stuff...

Really weird choice having orange as the home kit by default for Arsenal for example, extremely odd, there seems to be no possible way to change the colour of the crowd or of the team icons on the lineup cinematic before kick off and on the radar...

No problem thats just about every league you would want but I am not sure if the images or logos are HD or not.

I need to get editing again. Finished the EPL this morning

I have all the logos and leagues i want, it was just international kits i couldnt find, gonna start editing soon.

How about a list of real teams v fake teams ..the premiership is ok but championship some of them I don't know who they are meant to be

What a nightmare it is importing the kits, I imported Premier League kits but I had to go through pretty much all 20 of the teams in the Premier League and change the markings colours for player names & squad numbers on the kits. Also had to go through and remove the numbers from the shorts of pretty much all of the teams because the numbers on the shorts were overlapping logos and stuff...

Really weird choice having orange as the home kit by default for Arsenal for example, extremely odd, there seems to be no possible way to change the colour of the crowd or of the team icons on the lineup cinematic before kick off and on the radar...

The only way to fix that, unfortunately, is to insert images again after changing tha base kit color for the right one... I only realised that after i haf finished edited the full Premier League
and had to do the whole work for a second time.

Anyone having first time passing problems on Manual online? No matter what type of pass I do and how long I keep down the button before the ball gets to the player, the power par doesn't go up so if you keep it down for abit before the player has the ball, the pass/cross will have no power and be a tap.

Try Glens pes world tutorial. They give a breakdown of how it's done.

Had it for a day now, been editing a lot of the time but started up a Become a Legend and it is so engaging. The servers were online but only tried out 11 vs 11 which is a lot of fun played about 10 games and everyone was passing the ball, unlike Pro Clubs on FIFA when you play a drop in match and 8 out of 10 matches at least someone will hog the ball. The game rewards passing football and you aren't going to get anywhere as stamina runs out quickly if you sprint a lot. R1 is your best friend.

The game play is solid, everything is so smooth, the passing is everything in the game, it's practically impossible to score from outside the box. I feel hugely rewarded when scoring a goal.

The commentary is a welcome change with Peter Drury but it is still pretty unfluid, but there is more excitement in the commentary when somebody takes a shot he will scream their surname like many other commentators, my only problem with this is that it happens to often when it is not worthy of a reaction like that, but still great when you are on goal.

I really like the graphics, it looks a lot different from the player cam, which is a GTA style over head view.

The Champions League presentation is as brilliant as always.

I probably haven't played the game enough to judge properly but I'm really liking what I have seen so far, I would highly recommend the option files for importing kits if you are on PS4 as the presentation is important and that holds back many people buying PES.

It's probably one of the best football games ever, and certainly the best this generation.

Is there any particular reason why Adam is ignoring every single tweet aimed at him regarding the lack of fouls? Is it not his job to acknowledge and report these bugs?

Back
Top Bottom