PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Perhaps this does not belong directly to this topic, but the future seems to be particularly 'bright', if true - "Konami stops all AAA console production, except for PES"

https://www.vg247.com/2015/09/18/konami-stops-all-aaa-console-production-except-for-pes-report/

Now that more or less all the brainiacs behind Fox Engine have left the boat, it seems pretty far fetched to expect any progress regarding the engine itself. It is what it is, usable during the expected lifetime of current gen. Then what? Another PS3-era half-arsed engine made by people that are better at programming sports behaviours than core engine features?

On the other hand, PES productions may finally be able to get more financing, maybe even incorporate more manpower from other teams (MGS, etc.), some of which certainly have much more expertise on how to use Fox Engine properly? Or not, if Konami is really that determined to focus on mobiles and pachinkos?

I'm glad they are still going to make PES but who knows when they pull the plug - Not many months ago they talked about making more MGS without Kojima.

With Fifa dominating the market, I'm guessing South America is what is holding PES above water for now. I doubt that developement will get significantly more funding, as it seems that Konami just don't care anymore.

BTW EVERYONE.

Premier League and Bundersliga kits available on my website. Link in my signature :)

Agreed with the top part :)...As for the last sentence

IN PES 6 I was able to change the attack level and manually choose from 6 or 7 tactics to use.

For example I could drop the level to defensive then choose to change wingers' sides ,attack from the left and even use offside trap when I need .. ALL ON THE MOVE.

Now all what u can do is choose one of 3 overall formations.

If this is not a step back I don't know what is.

Sorry I 100% disagree with that! I know the issue here is just you. You haven't learnt the new tactics methods, your just expecting things to pay like PES 6. its bad from my point of view.

There are 3 different formation sets offensive/custom/defensive with 3 variables added with fluid formation. you have the custom available to swap wingers sides, the

What the new setup does is allows a stable balance with formations, some issues like setting your team attack level on offensive or defensive but your formation itself contradicts the level now doesn't happen. You have settings now which change the entire mentality of your team offensively to look to build attacks from the wide areas or down the middle, defensively gain there is a blanket setting to change the mentality of your team off the ball to deal with attacks, this is now more important to get right compared to PES 6 where all you needed to do is to learn to tackle.

PES 6's tactics where very simple, very basic and easy to set them up and just run through an entire season beating the AI and slightly changing it when the AI start to cheat.

For me I found a workaround of the limitation for inserting kits etc.

Therefore it is usefull, that the images you import are just LINKED to the teams - the same goes for the emblems (and aswell competition logos and managers)

First of all I imported all emblems and kits. I started with the national teams, than sassuolo, premier league and bundesliga kits.

Now I thought about making a seperate file on a second account to import kits for all european leagues, but this would mean editing a lot of things twice.
This made me thinking of some kind of alternativ OF, but as the images are just linked and not saved, it would make no sense.

The solution is a second collection of images.

Therefore I changed the names of the images in each categorie and put numbers upfront - the same order like they are now stored onto my PS4. It starts with argentina kits = 001argentinagk1, 002argentinap1 & 003argentinap2. next is bolivia with 004boliviag1, 005bolivivap1 and 006boliviap2. Right now the last ones are Werder bremen kits with 327bremeng1, 328bremenp1 and 329bremenp2.

I did the same for the teamemblems. So far so good.

Next step will be to delete all NATIONAL kit graphics in PES 2016 through datamanagement.

Then I will insert all emblems of sky bet championship, serie b, Liga NOS (and maybe aprox 13 other teams). Those files are also named with 000, 001, 002 etc infront of the name, just to make sure thy are imported in the correct sequence.
Afterwards I will import the kits belong to the teams in the leagues mentioned above. Then I will edit the teams with the emblems and the kits.

This will lead to following situation:

All National Teams and all other club teams except sassuolo, premier league and bundesliga, will share the same slots for kits.
Ok, more or less, because I will lose aprox 7-8 kit slots due to the additional teamemblems that will be inserted.

This means while I use the set of ONLY club teams, ALL national teams will have aswell kits of those clubs, as they are still linked to the same slot. And if I use the National kit files the serie b, NOS, sky bet championship teaams will be equipped with national team kits.

I will prepare two USB sticks, No.1 containing the files for the NT teams and the No.2 for the club teams.

When I want to play eg a World cup with my friends, I will delete all kits and emblems in PES2016, and import the ones from stick No.1. And if I want to play with club teams only, I will only delete all National kits and import the files from stick no.2

At first, this sound a little bit complicated, but this should work. I will test this at the upcoming weekend.
The only thing is, that it will take some minutes for deleting and copying the files.

If you make sure that everything is named and imported correctly, this should be a good way to use as much licensed kits end emblems as possible.

I think about doing this aswell for argentina and chile league and maybe the PLA and PAS League aswell. But this I will decide in a few weeks, when i finished editing for my initial plan ;)

Last edited:
Just played my two first games.
My first game was Palermo-Atalanta.
I played with Palermo.
Cigarini from Atalanta got 2 yellow cards for fouls and one of my players had to leave injured.
But to be fair there are not enough fouls.

Second game was AA Gent (me) against AZ. I got slaughtered 0-3.

The Gent roster is a real mess with a AMF as a CB (De Jaeghere).

Too early to give an opinion, but the Retail version feels considerable different than the demo. Demo seemed more fluïd, but that is maybe because i only played with big clubs and now i played with more modest clubs...

I got the full game today, it's the best PES ever, but it's still a bit clunky with a lack of responsiveness at times.
Clunky... I cannot take yet another year of PES clunkiness. How can a decade go by and they haven't fixed that yet?

Still waiting on the PC demo before deciding...

Clunky... I cannot take yet another year of PES clunkiness. How can a decade go by and they haven't fixed that yet?

Still waiting on the PC demo before deciding...

It's way less clunky than other years, it's just you can feel the outdatedness from years past still in there, like you are restricted in what you can do with the players due to there not being enough animation. In FIFA, you don't get that feeling.

It's way less clunky than other years, it's just you can feel the outdatedness from years past still in there, like you are restricted in what you can do with the players due to there not being enough animation. In FIFA, you don't get that feeling.
Okay, thanks. No, FIFA is not clunky for sure, rather it has a "too light" issue now with kicked balls feeling like you're booting a sackful of feathers.

Way less clunky... that sounds "improved" I guess lol. Funny though, it was back in 09 or so when I first really noticed how clunky PES was in comparison to FIFA. Something so laughably bad that takes away so much from the game, you'd think completely fixing it half a decade ago would have been a top priority for Konami.

I played with Palermo.
Cigarini from Atalanta got 2 yellow cards for fouls and one of my players had to leave injured.

Too early to give an opinion, but the Retail version feels considerable different than the demo. Demo seemed more fluïd, but that is maybe because i only played with big clubs and now i played with more modest clubs...

I agree! Demo seems better than the retail. I just had a meh night on it tonight

Had a manual game online but against an assisted player. Was horrible. One second lag meant that it was impossible to play on manual. He was Barsa and unleashing rocket shots with NMS at every opportunity. Ping pong passes all round and rocket shots. Felt like vomiting

TBH I like the full game more.

Speed seems a bit slower and thus the animations seem to fit better. Less skating.

Demo was too fast for me, and -1 was too slow for my taste. Yet the full game seems to sit somewhere between. For me it is perfect. Doesn't feel clunky or anything else.

Someone mentioned that Konami may sped up the demo to appeal more people.

I hope PES never get this fluidy from Fifa, it may give the user a better feeling controlling the game, yet it is somehow not realistic.

NICE FIND: not sure if its just when palying with Fiorentina, but everytime you play with them at the Stadio Orione (one with orange running track), the running track is green :) Looks nice.
Doesn't seem to happen with other teams... not that ive tried many. Love this stadium

I played with Palermo.

This is definitely down to the teams you used. Player individuality seems to be more noticeable this year. This generally leads to smaller clubs being a lot slower and less responsive.

This is definitely down to the teams you used. Player individuality seems to be more noticeable this year. This generally leads to smaller clubs being a lot slower and less responsive.
I've been saying this for years about this game and FIFA... smaller clubs do not equate to slower players. This is the cheapest of cheap ways to rate players according to their league tier. FIFA is the worse: average speed of top tier players 75, average speed of second tier players 65, average speed of third tier 55, etc.

Got the full game

Unaacceptable from Konami and very disrespectful to the history of the franchise, Reasons?

I won't go into the OBVIOUS problems like licensing, stadiums and other graphical issues that are patchable on PC.

- Fouls.... 10 games vs AI not a single one called

- Be a legend ... Camera only focuses on the player, Can't make it follow the ball... It was possible in PES 6 ffs.

- AI... ping pong passing, repetitive goals and very boring on the rails games.

- Formation system, Compare it to PES 6...very confusing and in the game you can't change strategy or attack level properly.

- Catch up bug, GK allowing easy goals and of course the simple 1-2 goals over and over again.

- ML and Online are an absolute disgrace. Player called Ayatollah? teams named weirdly and a system that is so detached from reality.

- The replays , Why can't we make the camera any higher? what the hell is this?

Virtua Striker 2016 would be a better game.

:CURSE:

I don't see any of this, the fouls are infrequent but I have had fouls for me but I play on pro/top players.

A bit of a sensationalist post IMO, guess you will be selling it on?

this is totally true!

I played a friend last night, he's always Real Madrid so I switch teams because I get bored.

Played him with Sassuolo and lost 3-0 and Palermo 2-1 , so I switched to Juve and beat him 5-0 and 4-1. You could totally notice the difference in quality between the teams.

I wish I could show you those amazing safes that Handanovic or Buffon are doing while playing Online. You wouldnt believe it.
There was a post around here today, someone saying the key to decent GK play online is to play using manual settings. FYI in case people want to research that, IDK as I don't play online.

There was a post around here today, someone saying the key to decent GK play online is to play using manual settings. FYI in case people want to research that, IDK as I don't play online.

Wait, did I understand you correctly.
If I play manual, my keeper gets better?

Well, I play manual lol.

Last edited:
Wait, do I understood that correctly.
If I play manual, my keeper gets better?

Well, I play manual lol.
That would make no difference if the person you play against is using assisted shooting. The idea I guess is that manual shooting isn't as "sure goal" accurate, therefore GKs are better. Or so I understand...

I really dont understand that. Neuer was my opponent and he pulled of two safes in a row.
The first one he jumped like a rocket to get the ball, he is on the ground, i try to take the second shot, and while he is on the ground, he reaches up to get the ball. I could not believe what I saw.

Handanovic pulls the same safes, like in the last minute of a game and then he screams and clenches his fist, amazing.

Regarding awful/unholy online GK play: I thought we all came to the conclusion years ago that PES in particular has some pretty awful and obvious scripting coding. Are we still questioning this then? LOL.

I really dont understand that. Neuer was my opponent and he pulled of two safes in a row.
The first one he jumped like a rocket to get the ball, he is on the ground, i try to take the second shot, and while he is on the ground, he reaches up to get the ball. I could not believe what I saw.

Handanovic pulls the same safes, like in the last minute of a game and then he screams and clenches his fist, amazing.

Do You play online on Ps4?

Back
Top Bottom