PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I posted this on WENB to but what the hell...;)

1 post:

Guys, just try manual passing (and shooting too), set it to similar settings and go online, the game is soooo much better.

I played 1 match with pass lev 1 (with similar settings) and that was without a doubt the worst PES- match I have ever played, ping pong laser- Barca with no chance stopping his through balls (I was Sampdoria) and I lost 7-0 (!).

Changed to manual and have just had 2 great matches Atlet vs Empoli and Feyenoord vs Marseille. Most fun I've had with PES since the days of couch gaming with friends. And it didn't take long at all finding opponents. So, go ut there in the manual jungle! :)

2 post (an hour later;)):

Yep, manual is the way to go for Online Divisions (and set to "similar settings" of course), it's wonderful acctually! The game speed seems much slower as well, which has to do with not 90% of all passing being perfect I guess.

I had, for some reason, to force me to play another match with pass lev 1 in Online Divisions and once again it was the worst experience I have ever had with PES. I picked Bayern this time and got paired with Barca and it was 15 min of bashing the X- button, it ended 4-3 to me but I was totally indifferent afterwards. PES 2014 feels like heaven compared to that crap...

As of now there is no reason for Konami to have more passing settings than manual and pass lev 1, it's such a huge difference between them. Maybe this is their way of testing if for future installments of PES, to only have two settings of passing.

I don't understand the argument about stats being lost when playing manual when pass lev 1 is this assisted, they become obsolete there as well since it's so heavily assisted! I'm not even sure stats doesn't come in to play when playing manual (since the L2 passing feel even more free).

So once again, dare to try manual (shooting to, it's so much more rewarding) people if u feel that the deafault setting isn't giving you your online enjoyment. ;)
Great post! I did not try it yet, but I have some questions: Without these settings the game looked online in disbalance because it was much too hard for the defenders to get rid of the heavey pressure.
When playing on unassisted, does that not make it even harder to get rid of that pressure?
Did similar settings and manual somehow help the keeper? Because the keeper blunders much more on line...

I dont know why people complain about the keepers?
I find them very good, they are doing incredible saves!
I watched the Europa League on conference (where they switch to every game) and they were doing the same kind of saves like in PES.
I mean, they cant save everything, but jesus, those saves when they are on the ground and you try to shot again. Amazing.

EDIT: Sure its not perfect, but they are on the right way in my opinion.

I dont know why people complain about the keepers?
I find them very good, they are doing incredible saves!
I watched the Europa League on conference (where they switch to every game) and they were doing the same kind of saves like in PES.
I mean, they cant save everything, but jesus, those saves when they are on the ground and you try to shot again. Amazing.

EDIT: Sure its not perfect, but they are on the right way in my opinion.
They are very good off line, but there are many complains about them in some online game modes.

Can anyone confirm if there are fake teams in the other European section in master league or not. And if it does, can you edit them in edit mode?

Also, import and export team was the salvation of our edited stuff from dlc, does it still exist?

Yeah I know all the words to that song thanks to that game :BOP: :CONFUSE:

Saying that I dont think there's been a worse song on PES recently than that bloody DEY CALL ME REDDDNECK song from the other year :SICK:

Thanks, I'd just about etched that Redneck song from my memory and now it's stuck in my head- annoying the shit out of me!

Btw- anyone else not had their ShopTo delivery yet, in the UK?

Great post! I did not try it yet, but I have some questions: Without these settings the game looked online in disbalance because it was much too hard for the defenders to get rid of the heavey pressure.
When playing on unassisted, does that not make it even harder to get rid of that pressure?
Did similar settings and manual somehow help the keeper? Because the keeper blunders much more on line...

I'm not sure I understand your first question. U mean when you're opponent applies pressure with X and/or with a teammate? I didn't feel this was a problem anyway, when I played with Pass lev 1 I had a really hard time getting out of my own half tbh because of the high pressure from Barca/Real. It might be that the pressure is somewhat assisted as well when playing assisted, that they come close to the opponent much faster. But I don't know. I have to play more to see.:)

I don't think I saw one save in my games playing assisted, seriously! But again, I played 2 matches, then wanted to slit my wrists so I can't say they wont save anything. When losing 7-0 I think 4-5 goals were R2 shots which my keeper never had a chance saving...

When I played manual there were several saves, especially in the 0-0 match. Maybe we both played manual shooting and sucked though...;)

I just played my first match online with manual pass and with the option, to only play against the same opponent.
The game changed totally. No ping pong soccer anymore, frikkin awesome :D

LoL to the guy with 10 IP addresses who is just going to come back to troll the forum! Actually, what a pathetic existence. I know you can read this, being the IP master of the universe and all. Dude, get help. You have problems.

Anyway, this game is getting some traction for me (PS3). Just found out late last night that Iceland is already in it. It has annoying fake players but I could switch many of them out for the 10 or so Icelandic players actually in the game. Then I just had to edit a couple of players roughly to get a realistic looking match going.

I set up Euro cup, got into the knockout stage with only one win and third place (hurrah for new the new Euro format) and then met Portugal. Ronaldo tore me a new one so the last few minutes were mostly me trying to finish the careers of some known players. Not bitter or anything. I only got a yellow card, no matter how brutally I went into the tackle.

A Funny thing was that at the same time, Portugal was stalling by just guarding the ball by the corner flag. I say they deserved a career-obliterating challenge for that.

But I really loved that campaign and I think this will keep me going until updates get finished on the game. I played a game against France in the group and although I lost 3-1, I absolutely loved it. I saved a replay of a double line clearence from a french defender, as the keeper got too far out but couldn't get back because everything was crazy in the box.

I like it, I like it a lot.

Firstly, sorry for my bad english, I hope to be understood. : )

Secondly, I'am PES fan since ISS and my favourite games of PES to this moment were PES 6 and PES 2013. Also I am a footballer myself, so I can judge very deep how is the game compared to real life.

I play on Xbox 360, manual passes and normal shots ( I don't like how a very small % of the stick directions is actually the whole goal on manual )

Now my first impressions of the new PES 2016, where I want to say that finally "The king is back" might be very valid. ; )

I will not include things about game modes and don't mind the graphics. Same with licenses, or the small amount of stadiums, or how menus are, most of the things are only gameplay related, because for me, it is the most important thing. : )

POSITIVES: /not in importance order

+ response time has been improved. It's very close to PES 2013 now, so finally the dribble system works pretty well

+ new ball physics = more unpredictable and realistic ball rebounds and situations

+ the ball is more like a free object, compared to last year

+ it's not so gameplay related, but I have to say - commentators are better this year : )

+ first touch shots/passes works, not like last year where most of the time, the player tries to stop the ball first on his chest (or another part of his body)

+ free kicks have more power, so there will be more goals from them

+ amazing collisions, not like last year, where it were like two stones, hit each other

+ this year the atacking player have a bit more advantage, than a defender, compared to last year, which most of the time, brings more fun to the game and make 1 on 1 situations more realistic and usable

+ more unpredictable aerial battles

+ not these perfect first touches every time, like last year

+ CPU actually make wrong passes sometimes

+ many choices of cameras ( i like the new dynamic wide one )

+ many new animations ( for dribbling, clearing, battle for ball etc. )

+ reffere don't give you a yellow card almost every time

+ in defensive situations, players tries to interrupt passes, close to them, more often compared to last year game

+ keepers reacts with normal speed on penalties, not these slow-mo dives : )

+ CPU changes tactics, based on how the match is going, comapred to last year : )

+ very nice juggling/sombrero skills

+ the whole feel of the game is very free and fun ( finally ), as it should be : )

NEGATIVES: /not in importance order

- the biggerst issue ( i don't know if only on last gen consoles ) - it happens on every difficulty - you can go trough the defence while running, and changing directions a bit in correct moments, while the defence players somehow make you a free coridor, staying a meter away of you (kinda diagonally from you, not in front, giving you the space to go easy).
I hope this will be fixed in future updates, because it is a bit gamebreaking

- shots are still a bit overpowered. Most of the times the ball is pretty fast and accurate and keep a high traectory and straight line for too long compared to real life. I think the gravity and air resistance have to kick in more in these situations

- as many of you state before - fouls are given pretty rare and in obvious foul situations there is no whistle from the reffere

- it is more like a bug - low crosses ( double tap on lofted pass ) not working on manual passing and the player make a normal lofted pass

- the game is a bit faster on 0 game speed, so have to be played on -1 for more correct speeds. May be something in between will be better. Will see how it is going after future patches ( PS: Right now when i start the game, it feels good on 0 speed, don't know what happened.. )

- most of the CPU goals are in lower corners

- still many situations where the foot positioning don't respond correctly to the ball outcome. May be this + the overpowered shots + the too much time from pushing the shot button to the actual shot, make some of the shots a bit souless, compared for example to PES 6/2013

- still the automation and "on rails" feel is a bit here in long passes, where they have to be fully manual on this setting

- some players can give a bit too high and unrealistic amount of zip to the ball, esspecially can be seen on corners and free kicks

- foot planting could be better in some situations, where rarely, but still there is a bit skating feel

- still some feints need faster animation. The "panna try" and "push the ball by the side of defender and run for it from the other side" feints are removed. Don't know if only on last gen consoles

These are my thougts for now.

Finally we have a game closer in the fun factor to PES 6 and PES 2013 and actually can be better with some tweaks here and there, I think. : )

Last edited:
So do we have enough kit spaces to do English prem, championship, bundesliga. ? and add managers ?

Are there any sites that have kits all ready to go now or will it still be a few weeks away?

Last edited:
LoL to the guy with 10 IP addresses who is just going to come back to troll the forum! Actually, what a pathetic existence. I know you can read this, being the IP master of the universe and all. Dude, get help. You have problems.

Anyway, this game is getting some traction for me (PS3). Just found out late last night that Iceland is already in it. It has annoying fake players but I could switch many of them out for the 10 or so Icelandic players actually in the game. Then I just had to edit a couple of players roughly to get a realistic looking match going.

I set up Euro cup, got into the knockout stage with only one win and third place (hurrah for new the new Euro format) and then met Portugal. Ronaldo tore me a new one so the last few minutes were mostly me trying to finish the careers of some known players. Not bitter or anything. I only got a yellow card, no matter how brutally I went into the tackle.

A Funny thing was that at the same time, Portugal was stalling by just guarding the ball by the corner flag. I say they deserved a career-obliterating challenge for that.

But I really loved that campaign and I think this will keep me going until updates get finished on the game. I played a game against France in the group and although I lost 3-1, I absolutely loved it. I saved a replay of a double line clearence from a french defender, as the keeper got too far out but couldn't get back because everything was crazy in the box.

I like it, I like it a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28GLa9T2CtI

Does anyone have a complete Skybet kits yet?

I'm looking out for this too...

Aren't these complete:

Asking in the PC thread would probably help more than asking in this one ;) But as the answer covers both games, try these links:

http://pesgalaxy.com/index.php/Thread/4981-PES-2016-STUFF-MEGAPACK/
http://pesgalaxy.com/index.php/Thread/4976-KITS-Angeltorero-Kits-PES-2016/

They're not option files but they're kits/graphics to edit the teams yourself.

Another quick q.

I heard something about team chemistry in master league. What's that?

Is it what they had in myclub last year where you sign a guy and he doesn't gel right away?

(I'm in work looking at the last copy here thinking do I or don't I)

Loving this game, but the longer I play the more complaints I have.

Fouls now get really annoying, at times it feels like cheating when the ai opponent fouls you and the ref doesn't react. This gets really annoying the closer the game is.

Replays are useless, this free camera during replays is for nothing.

Everyone says that manual passing is the way to go. I try it, but I can't get used to it even if my life would depend on it. Maybe I am just bad at this game. I have the biggest problem with those short passes. Short passes shouldn't be that hard to pull of. Assisted passing 1 feels like the assisted passing 2 from past games.

And what was Konami doing the past 2 months? They didn't touch the gameplay. They didn't fix the fouls. Transfers are not done.

Another quick q.

Is it what they had in myclub last year where you sign a guy and he doesn't gel right away?

yes its in. its kinda like Team Work ability from back in the days

Another quick q.

Do you!

Perhaps this does not belong directly to this topic, but the future seems to be particularly 'bright', if true - "Konami stops all AAA console production, except for PES"

https://www.vg247.com/2015/09/18/konami-stops-all-aaa-console-production-except-for-pes-report/

Now that more or less all the brainiacs behind Fox Engine have left the boat, it seems pretty far fetched to expect any progress regarding the engine itself. It is what it is, usable during the expected lifetime of current gen. Then what? Another PS3-era half-arsed engine made by people that are better at programming sports behaviours than core engine features?

On the other hand, PES productions may finally be able to get more financing, maybe even incorporate more manpower from other teams (MGS, etc.), some of which certainly have much more expertise on how to use Fox Engine properly? Or not, if Konami is really that determined to focus on mobiles and pachinkos?

I could imagine once their contracts expire that will be it. Pes is only still listed because they already have the license fir next year.

I imagine either something will buy the pes license to use for brand recognition or 2K will step up

juhu00[2];3082307 said:
Loving this game, but the longer I play the more complaints I have.

Fouls now get really annoying, at times it feels like cheating when the ai opponent fouls you and the ref doesn't react. This gets really annoying the closer the game is.

Replays are useless, this free camera during replays is for nothing.

Everyone says that manual passing is the way to go. I try it, but I can't get used to it even if my life would depend on it. Maybe I am just bad at this game. I have the biggest problem with those short passes. Short passes shouldn't be that hard to pull of. Assisted passing 1 feels like the assisted passing 2 from past games.

And what was Konami doing the past 2 months? They didn't touch the gameplay. They didn't fix the fouls. Transfers are not done.

Same here.
Made 4 - 5 games last night and really enjoyed it, but the more I played, the more the foul issue bugged me.
Even though ONCE the ref called the foul against the AI and gave ayellow card to the CPU player.

About replays:
Said it in the PC thread already; the automated replays after a nearly missed goal shot are way too close.....you don´t see shit.
Sometimes the camera even starts to spin around quickly.
That´s what truebrits said in his PES FIFA gameplay comparison video.

The ugly angle kills a lot of joy for me.
Had a nice long shot with ronaldo which hit the post and when the replay kicked in I only had a close up from him and then from the ball which the cam man seemed to struggle to keep in picture.

I wish this could be sorted out. Would like to have more different angles, also zoomed out ones.

Back
Top Bottom