PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Got the full game

Unaacceptable from Konami and very disrespectful to the history of the franchise, Reasons?

I won't go into the OBVIOUS problems like licensing, stadiums and other graphical issues that are patchable on PC.

- Fouls.... 10 games vs AI not a single one called

- Be a legend ... Camera only focuses on the player, Can't make it follow the ball... It was possible in PES 6 ffs.

- AI... ping pong passing, repetitive goals and very boring on the rails games.

- Formation system, Compare it to PES 6...very confusing and in the game you can't change strategy or attack level properly.

- Catch up bug, GK allowing easy goals and of course the simple 1-2 goals over and over again.

- ML and Online are an absolute disgrace. Player called Ayatollah? teams named weirdly and a system that is so detached from reality.

- The replays , Why can't we make the camera any higher? what the hell is this?

Virtua Striker 2016 would be a better game.

:CURSE:
Definitely not hyperbole.

Playing Myclub and its so frustrating ... Why the hell does everybody have Ronaldo, Messi, Bale?! Do they pay hundreds of euros? Even then I cant understand it, I get crappy players all the time.

Second thing is there are 10 goals every match. I try to play it slow with short passes, have around 70% of the ball every match, but every single fuckin chance is a goal. You lose the ball, long pass forward ... goal. Cant do nothing against it. For me it looks like they tried to copy FIFA 15, which is the worst football game I can remember for years.

I'm so dissapointed, this game could be so good.

Why did Konami release the game in this state? Hate to admit it but Fifa is so far ahead this year its out of sight. PES is now becoming a kids arcade game :-(
That is your opinion of course and mine is PES this year has put Fifa way out of it's sight :)

Playing Myclub and its so frustrating ... Why the hell does everybody have Ronaldo, Messi, Bale?! Do they pay hundreds of euros? Even then I cant understand it, I get crappy players all the time.

Second thing is there are 10 goals every match. I try to play it slow with short passes, have around 70% of the ball every match, but every single fuckin chance is a goal. You lose the ball, long pass forward ... goal. Cant do nothing against it. For me it looks like they tried to copy FIFA 15, which is the worst football game I can remember for years.

I'm so dissapointed, this game could be so good.

methinks you dont know how to defend dude

methinks you dont know how to defend dude

Could be ... But how defend Ronaldo, Neymar and Bale with defenders that have 65 ... I used every single agent for buying defenders, but got 5 rightbacks :(

But I also score 3 - 7 goals every game. It's not like I'm losing every game, but it's not much fun winning 7:3, 6:4 ... every time.

Don't you think it's way too easy to score goals? Do you play online too?

Great post ! I think if Konami released a version with no goal posts some people would say "Best ever" Its blind loyalty to a brand/company.
I loved PES played 5 and 6 for thousands of hours but recently its been going downhill and I wont be throwing any of my hard earned cash away on the PS4 or PC game this year.
If we keep on being happy with a 2nd rate unfinished, broken game we will get exactly the same garbage next year. Don't buy and Konami will soon up their game.
I don't think PES 16 is any better than PES 15 in fact I think its even less realistic and after playing the demo I cant place what but there's something boring about it.

Exlusive preview PES 17

iss-pro-evolution-ita-kcet-anno-2000-psx-ita.png
Wow !! cant wait to September 2016 hope the gameplay is as good as the graphics ,must be free kicks again take my money Konami.

Do us all a favor and stop trolling.

ok rant over. You need to name the file WEPES

:LOL:

Got myself a lovely new contract job today so PES is getting bought much sooner than I thought :D

Congrats mate :)

I've spent 30k GP and 250 coins on agents and I have Neymar (pre-order bonus), Lahm (also a pre-order bonus), Müller (free loan for 6 games), Alexis Sanchez (my first Top Agent) and 3 gold players, and I haven't spent a cent of real money.

I think the lack of fouls will become a serious issue now. I swear, its a bug, its like you play the game and its just so lovely and things flow and work so well apart from the fouls, the issue like someone rightfully and correctly said in the demo is that there a lots of incidents even with the open default formations which cause obstruction and unfair play and some bad tackles which should result in fouls but nothing is given.

This is why the scores are high. The game is flowing too much.

Got the full game

Unaacceptable from Konami and very disrespectful to the history of the franchise, Reasons?
- Formation system, Compare it to PES 6...very confusing and in the game you can't change strategy or attack level properly.
:CURSE:

Sorry but thats just terrible. its not confusing at all, you just can't be bothered to learn about it.

Last edited:
That is your opinion of course and mine is PES this year has put Fifa way out of it's sight :)

I dont get why people find it so impossible to set the game up how they want.

Its not hard to set this game up in a realistic way, slowing the game speed and using the pass settings you feel comfortable with.

I think the lack of fouls will become a serious issue now. I swear, its a bug, its like you play the game and its just so lovely and things flow and work so well apart from the fouls, the issue like someone rightfully and correctly said in the demo is that there a lots of incidents even with the open default formations which cause obstruction and unfair play and some bad tackles which should result in fouls but nothing is given.

Sorry but thats just terrible. its not confusing at all, you just can't be bothered to learn about it.

Agreed with the top part :)...As for the last sentence

IN PES 6 I was able to change the attack level and manually choose from 6 or 7 tactics to use.

For example I could drop the level to defensive then choose to change wingers' sides ,attack from the left and even use offside trap when I need .. ALL ON THE MOVE.

Now all what u can do is choose one of 3 overall formations.

If this is not a step back I don't know what is.

As for people who actually like the game, fair enough each to their own .... I just wanna remind you all that defending OBVIOUS disasters and lost features is exactly what brought us here to this state of the game.

No fouls... It's fine the game has to flow

No option file support .... It's all about gameplay

You know what? pick up the ball against the AI and just stand still with it , you can run the clock until you win. I can provide video evidence.... Is this normal?

We are complaining because we want a better game.

:R1 KONAMI

Last edited:

Hey mate, Iv managed to find a solution with fouls, it's a real ball breaker to do but it works, experiment with a side and see what you think, what u do is pick a side your gonna play against, go into edit mode and enable the ability "track back" for most of the players in that side and also enable "the enforcer for several players" cos I noticed when the enforcer is enabled, that player slide tackles a lot and track back makes the AI pressure that player. Iv played half a dozen games so far and one game the CPU AI fouled me 7 times but on average it's 3-4 fouls per game. It' takes this game to another level.

Last edited:
PES and MGS are the only games Konami seems to want to keep around, but how does this effect the future of PES? Will it be a step backwards, or can they even build on what they've done this year if the Merceron is telling the truth?

Hey mate, Iv managed to find a solution with fouls, it's a real ball breaker to do but it works, experiment with a side and see what you think, what u do is pick a side your gonna play against, go into edit mode and enable the ability "track back" for most of the players in that side and also enable "the enforcer for several players" cos I noticed when the enforcer is enabled, that player slide tackles a lot and track back makes the AI pressure that player. Iv played half a dozen games so far and one game the CPU AI fouled me 7 times but on average it's 3-4 fouls per game. It' takes this game to another level.

Hey mate. I've PMed you bout this.
Or if you'd like to answer it here, might help others too

Fucking loving this game so far, only been playing BAL thoughm just ordered a memory stick so i can edit all the kits.

PES and MGS are the only games Konami seems to want to keep around, but how does this effect the future of PES? Will it be a step backwards, or can they even build on what they've done this year if the Merceron is telling the truth?

They have the champions league exclusive for a few more years so you would assume we would at least get 2-3 more.

Agreed with the top part :)...As for the last sentence

IN PES 6 I was able to change the attack level and manually choose from 6 or 7 tactics to use.

For example I could drop the level to defensive then choose to change wingers' sides ,attack from the left and even use offside trap when I need .. ALL ON THE MOVE.

Now all what u can do is choose one of 3 overall formations.

If this is not a step back I don't know what is.

As for people who actually like the game, fair enough each to their own .... I just wanna remind you all that defending OBVIOUS disasters and lost features is exactly what brought us here to this state of the game.

No fouls... It's fine the game has to flow

No option file support .... It's all about gameplay

You know what? pick up the ball against the AI and just stand still with it , you can run the clock until you win. I can provide video evidence.... Is this normal?

We are complaining because we want a better game.

:R1 KONAMI

Some of us just kinda like a football videogame that has been recently released. We're not enabling anything, other than our own desires to play a football videogame that has recently been released.

Christ, PES isn't running for office with extreme and intolerant views that we are trying to vote in. You surely, for at least one millisecond, realised how absurd that which you have written in bold was before posting. Surely.

These are games and opinions will always differ. For me PES is so far behind its not even trying to be a FIFA competitor anymore. Its just another football franchise (why be bothered when you can still make money regardless).
The last good game they made was the ancient PES 5(in its time) hence you still get people referring to that. Things have moved far ahead.

Some of us just kinda like a football videogame that has been recently released. We're not enabling anything, other than our own desires to play a football videogame that has recently been released.

Christ, PES isn't running for office with extreme and intolerant views that we are trying to vote in. You surely, for at least one millisecond, realised how absurd that which you have written in bold was before posting. Surely.

Sorry to sound too serious but this needs to be said IMHO

A lot of good people have spent years of their life modding and patching these games to make them playable for everyone. They have contributed to the success of these franchises and their money helped it prosper. Hell... users even translated full games!!

Don't you think they players deserve some respect? specially from people who monopolize the licenses of the planet's favorite sport and piss it down the wall?

Why would they remove stadium editor?

Why is the PC version deteriorating?

Why do they ignore our input?

Pay 2 win is the way this is going and I think the community needs to make a stand.

I buy these games anyways coz I love football and I support anything that's related to it. But when a game that has no fouls wins an award then there is a real problem.

These are games and opinions will always differ. For me PES is so far behind its not even trying to be a FIFA competitor anymore. Its just another football franchise (why be bothered when you can still make money regardless).
The last good game they made was the ancient PES 5(in its time) hence you still get people referring to that. Things have moved far ahead.

In my very humble opinion the last good game is what I'm playing now; PES 2016. Apart from the lack of fouls I'm very happy with what I have so far. The football is too satisfying nothing comes close to it atm.

Mind you I play on -1 speed.

I posted this on WENB to but what the hell...;)

1 post:

Guys, just try manual passing (and shooting too), set it to similar settings and go online, the game is soooo much better.

I played 1 match with pass lev 1 (with similar settings) and that was without a doubt the worst PES- match I have ever played, ping pong laser- Barca with no chance stopping his through balls (I was Sampdoria) and I lost 7-0 (!).

Changed to manual and have just had 2 great matches Atlet vs Empoli and Feyenoord vs Marseille. Most fun I've had with PES since the days of couch gaming with friends. And it didn't take long at all finding opponents. So, go ut there in the manual jungle! :)

2 post (an hour later;)):

Yep, manual is the way to go for Online Divisions (and set to "similar settings" of course), it's wonderful acctually! The game speed seems much slower as well, which has to do with not 90% of all passing being perfect I guess.

I had, for some reason, to force me to play another match with pass lev 1 in Online Divisions and once again it was the worst experience I have ever had with PES. I picked Bayern this time and got paired with Barca and it was 15 min of bashing the X- button, it ended 4-3 to me but I was totally indifferent afterwards. PES 2014 feels like heaven compared to that crap...

As of now there is no reason for Konami to have more passing settings than manual and pass lev 1, it's such a huge difference between them. Maybe this is their way of testing if for future installments of PES, to only have two settings of passing.

I don't understand the argument about stats being lost when playing manual when pass lev 1 is this assisted, they become obsolete there as well since it's so heavily assisted! I'm not even sure stats doesn't come in to play when playing manual (since the L2 passing feel even more free).

So once again, dare to try manual (shooting to, it's so much more rewarding) people if u feel that the deafault setting isn't giving you your online enjoyment. ;)

If PES 5 was the last good PES, then I am wondering which FIFA ever was good, except the original one on Sega Mega Drive?!?!

Yeah, seeing as this is the new PES vs FIFA thread, I'd like to announce that both are as bad as each other, absolutely horrific.

I'm talking soundtracks. I can't remember a decent tune in a football game in the last 5 years. Was the Winning Eleven anthem retired? Swap the easy listening tripe for something that's actually got some strut to it, or an actual melody at last. I turn off BGM for good by the end of the first day's play every year. What are EA and Konami thinking? Adam & Asim promised us glorious trance symphonies on Twitter. They lied to us. It's practically Virtua Striker.

I blame Actua Soccer 3 having Robbie Williams on loop. That started the rot.

I've played 3 games, better than 2015 but still isn't my taste.

my GK conceeds easy goals, opponent still ping-pong the ball, etc ...

I have to spend time working on formations, since there's a big gap between lines, when I get the ball in my deffense area, and want to start building an attack, my midfielders are too far away, same goes to forwards when midfielders have the ball.

I'll play more games so I can discover as much as I can.

but all in all, am not happy with this. maybe because I'm a PES6 guy.

Yeah, seeing as this is the new PES vs FIFA thread, I'd like to announce that both are as bad as each other, absolutely horrific.

I'm talking soundtracks. I can't remember a decent tune in a football game in the last 5 years. Was the Winning Eleven anthem retired? Swap the easy listening tripe for something that's actually got some strut to it, or an actual melody at last. I turn off BGM for good by the end of the first day's play every year. What are EA and Konami thinking? Adam & Asim promised us glorious trance symphonies on Twitter. They lied to us. It's practically Virtua Striker.

I blame Actua Soccer 3 having Robbie Williams on loop. That started the rot.

Yeah I know all the words to that song thanks to that game :BOP: :CONFUSE:

Saying that I dont think there's been a worse song on PES recently than that bloody DEY CALL ME REDDDNECK song from the other year :SICK:

Back
Top Bottom