PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

i've a strange impression :THINK:
i think that the game look like much better on the PS3 in term of animation and lifelike football, obviously is graphically much better on PS4.

Did you try using manual?
Maybe the assisted options were too easy and you're not challenged.

must be honest i havent tried full manual

I must have switched something as everytime I shot at goal a huge circle appeared in the goal - do I have to move that circle?

Also whats best camera angle everyone is using? I like Broadcast but its a tad too zoomed in

I must have switched something as everytime I shot at goal a huge circle appeared in the goal - do I have to move that circle?

Also whats best camera angle everyone is using? I like Broadcast but its a tad too zoomed in

Turn off the target mark in "Select Sides" option (when you choose your assistance level).

I'm always using Wide camera

So re Option FIles or lack of.

Am I right in thinking...For example....

One kit user has made the MLS kits and we can download them all. But where are the MLS players that are not in the game? We will have to create them ourselves. Thats a lot of players and time.
An option file would contain the 100s of players needed. We will even have to change all the team names, league names, assign boots etc as all that info is in the Saved Data file and thats the file you cant copy over until Sony decide we can.

That right? Im pretty certain it is.

Last edited:

Looks like you're using advanced shooting?

So re Option FIles or lack of.

Am I right in thinking...For example....

One kit user has made the MLS kits and we can download them all. But where are the MLS players that are not in the game? We will have to create them ourselves. Thats a lot of players and time.
An option file would contain the 100s of players needed. We will even have to change all the team names, league names, assign boots etc as all that info is in the Saved Data file and thats the file you cant copy over until Sony decide we can.

That right? Im pretty certain it is.

That's my understanding of it. Both the PS4 and PC versions are flawed for different reason. Konami are a joke.

That's what I am finding too, where the hell has it gone, haha, I spent all night raising funds into my new US PSN account (created a US account just to get this early in UK), only to find its not available anymore.

Played some online games:

- F*cking performance is tedious. Is like the game youre playing online is 2015 not 2016. What was the purpose to fix the control response if lag still present?
- You can change the camera, but no height or zoom (why?!)
- The think I hate the most is that online obviously is on 0 speed. Is like f*cking FIFA. The way to play this game MUST be -1. There's no time to do or think any plays, matches look like blind chicken race.
- There's still no benchmark between teams. F*cking Real Madrid and Bayern everytime!

Botom line. Konami didn't touch the online this year.

Another offline only year for me. At least Master League is more decent.
Maybe i'll play some online but just against friends.

This is really bad news. Why do Konami ignore the most important feature (let's be honest, online gaming is where it's at for the majority these days.)

There isn't enough variety and depth in Master League to play it all year long until PES 2017 is available.

This is the final nail in the coffin for me. I thought that maybe, just maybe, I'd get sucked in by the hype come release day.

But not now. I'm not going to spend all of my free time 'fixing' PES 2016 with kits etc again when the online mode is going to be crap. Default speed is horrible and I really don't want to play against Real Madrid 99% of the time.

Just had it confirmed by Glenn. No option files just kit data. He has also confirmed that he is creating 100s of kit for teams that have no players. You will need to create them all yourself if you want those teams in.

Id just want Prem and Championship plus kit tweaks to the teams already in there

Just had it confirmed by Glenn. No option files just kit data. He has also confirmed that he is creating 100s of kit for teams that have no players. You will need to create them all yourself if you want those teams in.

Id just want Prem and Championship plus kit tweaks to the teams already in there

I don't know how I'll find time for all that. I'll probably end up actually starting a league a month later!

I don't know how I'll find time for all that. I'll probably end up actually starting a league a month later!

Exactly. I don't see point of doing kits for teams not in the game. I'd like Leyton Orient in game but I don't have time to create their 20 players. Certainly makes you appreciate the work these guys do for proper option files

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_balest View Post
Weird, I'm using advanced right now but didn't see any circle.. I always thought we have to turn this on manually.

Hmm, the number of times I've used advanced I've always seen that yellow cursor on :CONFUSE:

Never used advanced, but im sure you can turn the circle cursor (the one you see at the goal -where you are aiming) on or off at the setup screen.
Similarly with manual shooting, you can turn that arrow indicator on or off (meaning you can make it so that the L2 does not show the arrow). As mentioned previously, I play full manual, and with passing im getting pretty good.. but with shooting, ill often use the L2 when aiming, as I think this is incredibly realistic, ie. player aiming for where they want to shoot before taking it... when you are pressed for time (pressure from defence or hitting first time tap ins) , this is quite hard to get right. The only times I don't use the L2 for shooting is when im so close to the goal that im basically just aiming to get the ball on goal.

Another tip.. you know how fifa 16 has the r1+lowpass for the 'pass with purpose'...well I guess pes's version is simply the L1+double tap of the high pass (o).. this is basically a low cross, and if your manual, its perfect for that hard low pass. Since this travels quite fast and a decent distance, I actually use the L2 arrow for this, ie. While holding down L1+L2 I double tap the high pass (0) button. You can also shoot low shots this way :)

Finally, I realised for those long balls, which are very flat and fast (for quick transitions, eg counter) , you have to hold down L1 + high pass button once (0).. when you pass a high ball just with (o), the ball has a much higher trajectory and takes a lot longer to reach the receiver...

Oh shit sorry Clown Baby didn't read your name properley.

Don't worry about it mate :))

But yeah, Lami is right. I've said my piece on PES 2016. I'm a very unhappy consumer. It was an immense game back in the day, I even still wear my PES t-shirt around the house that I've had for many years.

But this is it for me. PES is done until it goes back to being a deeper experience.

I won't post in this thread again Lami - hope you guys enjoy the game.

Played some online games:

- F*cking performance is tedious. Is like the game youre playing online is 2015 not 2016. What was the purpose to fix the control response if lag still present?
- You can change the camera, but no height or zoom (why?!)
- The think I hate the most is that online obviously is on 0 speed. Is like f*cking FIFA. The way to play this game MUST be -1. There's no time to do or think any plays, matches look like blind chicken race.
- There's still no benchmark between teams. F*cking Real Madrid and Bayern everytime!

Botom line. Konami didn't touch the online this year.

Another offline only year for me. At least Master League is more decent.
Maybe i'll play some online but just against friends.

PSN US versions will always lag online. People from EU buy that version and get matched with canadians, mexicans, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_balest View Post
Weird, I'm using advanced right now but didn't see any circle.. I always thought we have to turn this on manually.

Never used advanced, but im sure you can turn the circle cursor (the one you see at the goal -where you are aiming) on or off at the setup screen.
Similarly with manual shooting, you can turn that arrow indicator on or off (meaning you can make it so that the L2 does not show the arrow). As mentioned previously, I play full manual, and with passing im getting pretty good.. but with shooting, ill often use the L2 when aiming, as I think this is incredibly realistic, ie. player aiming for where they want to shoot before taking it... when you are pressed for time (pressure from defence or hitting first time tap ins) , this is quite hard to get right. The only times I don't use the L2 for shooting is when im so close to the goal that im basically just aiming to get the ball on goal.

Another tip.. you know how fifa 16 has the r1+lowpass for the 'pass with purpose'...well I guess pes's version is simply the L1+double tap of the high pass (o).. this is basically a low cross, and if your manual, its perfect for that hard low pass. Since this travels quite fast and a decent distance, I actually use the L2 arrow for this, ie. While holding down L1+L2 I double tap the high pass (0) button. You can also shoot low shots this way :)

Finally, I realised for those long balls, which are very flat and fast (for quick transitions, eg counter) , you have to hold down L1 + high pass button once (0).. when you pass a high ball just with (o), the ball has a much higher trajectory and takes a lot longer to reach the receiver...

Thanks for the tips :)

Back
Top Bottom