PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Not Bad

Tf0ewYD.jpg

God is a Geek
Sep 14, 2015
An utterly essential purchase. PES 2016 is the best there is, and the best there's been in a very long time.

GameSpot
Sep 14, 2015
There's little worth in assessing soccer sims by the weight of their game modes, or indeed, the breadth of their official licenses. All that truly matters is what unfolds in those virtual ninety minutes, either against a friend, an online stranger, or the computer. On that test alone, PES 2016 represents the best game in the series since the PlayStation 2 era.

GamesRadar+
Sep 14, 2015
The improved Master League mode is a godsend, adding substance to the package and complementing the excellent gameplay. With the advanced collision system, Konami has done in a year what EA has been trying to perfect since FIFA 12. The added physicality and increased number of animations has done wonders for the gameplay. The introduction of an excellent edit mode (see ‘edit it up’ for more details) to the PS4 version even makes the usual lack of licenses a relative non-issue.

XGN
Sep 13, 2015
PES 2016 is arguably the best PES game to date, and combines dynamic and addictive gameplay with beautiful physics and graphics. EA had better step up their game this year

Meristation
Sep 14, 2015
PES 2016 is a great PES game and a great football game in general. More fluid, more realistic and fun as always, Konami and PES Team are on the right course to restore its reign.

IGN Spain
Sep 14, 2015
The Konami soccer saga is back. PES 2016 is a really fun game, which has improved the control of the game, player movements and ball physics.

Gameblog.fr
Sep 14, 2015
An excellent and spectacular football game. New animations and more accurate physical interactions bring to the last edition formula some great ways to play - that remind us of the glorious era of PES. A.I., especially attackers and keepers, can be relied on, it's smooth, fun to play and quite deep, and there's a lot for players to master in terms of construction and tactical options. It lacks some novelty in terms of game modes, but on the field, with all those improvements, it acts like a champion.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/pro-evolution-soccer-2016

Last edited:
I've tried the demo again tonight and I just don't like it. I've tried several times but I can't play more than 2 games without being bored.

I hope everyone enjoys Pes16 who buys it but I won't be buying this year

You gave it a go. Can't be said that you weren't willing for the Konami length.

After enjoying the demo, this is me.
wiiDUAs.jpg

I've tried the demo again tonight and I just don't like it. I've tried several times but I can't play more than 2 games without being bored.

I hope everyone enjoys Pes16 who buys it but I won't be buying this year

Each to their own but i cant see how anyone cant like the gameplay, especially on manual!

There are many things that annoy me like the editing restrictions on kit slots, no OFs, etc, but gameplay is very good

Read somewhere (WENB I think) that Pass level 1 is still very assisted, hopefully day one patch can tone this down. Otherwise it's a ping pong party online!

Each to their own but i cant see how anyone cant like the gameplay, especially on manual!

There are many things that annoy me like the editing restrictions on kit slots, no OFs, etc, but gameplay is very good

I agree, the game play on manual is just great. It is a matter of taste and preferences. I read other posts where some are not happy with the game and they prefer Fifa, they do make sure every one knows. I always say go for whatever you enjoy more.

"The introduction of an excellent edit mode (see ‘edit it up’ for more details) to the PS4 version even makes the usual lack of licenses a relative non-issue."

GamesRadar+

Well, it's still an issue, because no matter how good the edit mode, if you can't share your edited option file, it's pretty much useless for the majority of players. I for one don't have the time nor the inclination to edit everything for myself.
So, my call goes out to MS and Sony to finally allow sharing of options files regardless of userprofiles!

But even without it, I'm still looking forward to the release game of PES 2016, I'm even gonna buy a xboxone (prefer the gamepad) just because of it.

Nonetheless, it's not because I think PES 2016 is perfect, far from it. It still doesn't have a two tiered stamina/fatigue-system, there are too little fouls and most importantly: shooting (even on manual) lacks variety (this includes the possible trajectories, the ball physics, the shooting animations and the ability of the goalkeeper to react realistically, as well as the possibilities of the shot going into the right direction or not, depending on stats, bodybalance, momentum of the ball and player, pressure, time used to prepare the shot, using the strong or weak foot...).

The shooting system needs to be developed from scratch to become realistic and satisfying.

Last edited:
Has the game arrived ?

anyone rang target or kmart?? - sometimes these shops get pes2016 or new released games on time and a hell of a lot cheaper than jb or eb.
A guy from big w said they will definitely not get pes2016 at all.. they only get fifa on release day. but he reckons target or kmart could well get pes2016..

No way im getting it from online this time round after the debacle last year..

Last edited:
anyone rang target or kmart?? - sometimes these shops get pes2016 or new released games on time and a hell of a lot cheaper than jb or eb.
A guy from big w said they will definitely not get pes2016 at all.. they only get fifa on release day. but he reckons target or kmart could well get pes2016..

No way im getting it from online this time round after the debacle last year..

Should we start an auusie pes players thread for some lag free manual games??

Has anyone with the game tried online games yet? Need to know if it will be a lag fest yet again. The lack of news in this department makes me suspect that it will be...

Played some online games:

- F*cking performance is tedious. Is like the game youre playing online is 2015 not 2016. What was the purpose to fix the control response if lag still present?
- You can change the camera, but no height or zoom (why?!)
- The think I hate the most is that online obviously is on 0 speed. Is like f*cking FIFA. The way to play this game MUST be -1. There's no time to do or think any plays, matches look like blind chicken race.
- There's still no benchmark between teams. F*cking Real Madrid and Bayern everytime!

Botom line. Konami didn't touch the online this year.

Another offline only year for me. At least Master League is more decent.
Maybe i'll play some online but just against friends.

Last edited:
How many do you need and how does it work? We got you, me, lami, aussiepesfan and there's a few more. Calcio calabrese is Aussie but on xbox

yeah id be in for sure, even though I get discouraged from the smallest amount of lag. Lately my internet speeds have been better..but again itd have to be at certain times of the day.. definitely not during peak netfix times :)
Recently had a few mates over to do the full manual 2human v 1human... and its incredible.. the communication between the 2 on the same team is awesome and really brings so much more to this game.. the big tip though is to make both players totally 'UNASSISTED' ..the amount of control you have in this mode is a major improvement from leaving it 'SEMI-ASSISTED'. Semi assisted is only good when your doing the 1humanv1human as well as the 1human v cpu.

Back to the online stuff though, its important that all players are fully manual on everything everything I reckon. I have a couple of mates who love manual online.. so we'd definitely have the numbers.

Not good regarding the post about konami not fixing or working online.

- F*cking performance is tedious. Is like the game youre playing online is 2015 not 2016. What was the purpose to fix the control response if lag still present?
- The think I hate the most is that online obviously is on 0 speed. Is like f*cking FIFA. The way to play this game MUST be -1. There's no time to do or think any plays, matches look like blind chicken race.
- There's still no benchmark between teams. F*cking Real Madrid and Bayern everytime!

I dont have any lag in online CERO

I do not play in Divisions is very boring

Multiplayer rooms o My club only for many differents teams

yeah id be in for sure, even though I get discouraged from the smallest amount of lag. Lately my internet speeds have been better..but again itd have to be at certain times of the day.. definitely not during peak netfix times :)
Recently had a few mates over to do the full manual 2human v 1human... and its incredible.. the communication between the 2 on the same team is awesome and really brings so much more to this game.. the big tip though is to make both players totally 'UNASSISTED' ..the amount of control you have in this mode is a major improvement from leaving it 'SEMI-ASSISTED'. Semi assisted is only good when your doing the 1humanv1human as well as the 1human v cpu.

Back to the online stuff though, its important that all players are fully manual on everything everything I reckon. I have a couple of mates who love manual online.. so we'd definitely have the numbers.

Not good regarding the post about konami not fixing or working online.

Konami must be going through tough times, especially when there's only 100 ppl working on the game, hopefully a patch can sort out the lag come release day. If all of us play manual I'm in.

That's what I thought. Fukkin rubbish

Just need one person to join my Team Lobby match so I can see whether or not I can select the god damn stadium this year. :P

Finally got the full game via digital download. More polished and smoother than the demo. It is fast pace but perfectly fine with -2. definitely like the full version more than the demo. Some nice stadiums introduced this year for a change, I hope they add more. Visuals are much improved than last year, new animation. Play this game with full manual controls and enjoy. I can see those who play online having problems with fast pace unless they fix it. I am glad I only play offline.

I'm seeing all these high score reviews and wondering why I don't like it. What am I missing? I should love this game. Why is it not clicking?? Really odd.

So online is headless chicken mode again thanks to broken defence system that we have for like 20 years..Not surprised..

Back
Top Bottom