PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I'm well aware of that Klashman, the point I was making was why edit a match to show the negative aspects of the game. The defence looked like a load of blind people having a match for charity and I'm not being disrespectful to people with disabilities.

Judging by the demo I thought that the defending was really good this year.

What's your opinion on Fifa this year compared to Pes?

I don't have any opinion on FIFA since i haven't had any time to download and play. I've just about finished a load of shirts for the Premier League and Bundersliga for PES 2016 and i'll see if can do maybe a small video on the importing method or something.

I actually wondering if to start uploading tactics straight away or wait a week to test them all out. Since its the same settings as last year, i think i'll do some straight away and they will evolve over time.

PES 2016 DEMO was designed to be arcadey as the simulation aspect like last year will come not just on manual but with the formations and match length.

What interests me is how people think slow = realistic, which is a 10 year old PS2 PES concept.

formations dictate the realism and how well they are replicated. not a game being slow for the sake of being slow.

I agree with this.. also slow makes it easier to beat the computer AI at higher difficulties on both FIFA and PES

but I can't deny that the FIFA demo for once seem more realistic to me this year out of the box in large part due to them making the default game speed slower than they have before. a lot of people will first notice that but in the end it is the tactics like you say and this is where PES still holds the advantage over FIFA..

btw I love using your tactics from 2015 in the PES 2016 demo... I'm just sick of editing them every time now though and just waiting for the actually real game... but they work really well and make the demo even better for me.. that and playing playing on manual shoot and pass

Yes, since 2011 especially and 2010 where it started the AI's playing style is dictated by the strategy set rather than like you saw in PES on the PS2 or older FIFA games where there is just one generic AI setting play style.

Realism for me is dynamic realism, the pace of football is like a cat. Slow to stand still then can spring into life at any moment.

A game should be slow BECAUSE the team has everyone behind the ball and spaces are closed off depending on that formation.

A game should be quick if one teams puts out an adventurous attacking formation and leave spaces to players to run into.

If anyone saw Austria vs Sweden earlier this week there where many occasions on the counter Austria had one guy just running 50, 60 meters on the counter because sweden needed to take risks going behind early on. Hell, even Everton against Chelsea today is an example.

I don't have any opinion on FIFA since i haven't had any time to download and play. I've just about finished a load of shirts for the Premier League and Bundersliga for PES 2016 and i'll see if can do maybe a small video on the importing method or something.

I actually wondering if to start uploading tactics straight away or wait a week to test them all out. Since its the same settings as last year, i think i'll do some straight away and they will evolve over time.

Ah fair enough I thought you were only a tactics man didn't realise you did the shirts and stuff!

The fifa demo looks great from the videos. . .I've played it but the amount of buttons you have to press to do some of the moves is weird but still think Pes edges it!

Now I have my PES 2016 here in Chile

My first kit via USB Argentina !!

COrqWKGWUAARQpy.jpg

COsGE8gWoAA3Cfp.jpg

Omg that picture looks incredible !!!!

PES and FIFA are so close this year. PES captures the excitement of playing football better while FIFA captures the excitement of watching football better. I love all the small touches FIFA has, its such a polished game but in the end PES has a bit more personality. I hope next year both games will pick even more from each others traits. The future is looking bright.

http://www.twitch.tv/jjokbaris
Online pace and ping-pong passing is crazy..Reminds me of Pes 2009-2010..
Deleted, wonder if Konami got to it... EDIT: It's online again now.

This is a big worry of mine, I've been looking forward to the game but the Liverpool v Man United video from earlier was just passes from defence to attack, striker dispossessed, rinse and repeat.

I watched a Become A Legend video too (probably my favourite mode from PES 2015), same YouTuber I think, and his teammate striker was running towards the goal with no defenders in-front of him and decided to stop and do a 180 and let the defender catch up and take the ball. Looked absolutely bizarre and I'd have been furious if it was me playing.

This year I was looking forward to online play most though - I never really enjoy FIFA online - so I'm eager to see some online matches!

EDIT 2: Wow, that was painful. The guy clearly can't play, so not the best to make a judgement from, but he was nonstop pressing and the game wasn't punishing this in any way with big gaps or fatigue, and it was nonstop counterattack. All goals were from through-balls and lofted through-balls. No-intelligence-required football. I think that's the last straw for me this year (although I'll keep an eye out for decent ML videos).

Last edited:
ON TOPIC:

What difficulty is everyone finding to be most realistic? As in challenging but not superhuman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice if the uploaders of the movies give us the following info:
What speed is it? ( -1, 0, etc )
What level of play is it?

In particular speed is good to know, as the speed of the movie makes it often confusing to judge the speed if the game itself.

Hey boys, got a question.

Are those Jerseys self made? Like with the Editor or did you importated a file?

There are so many sources saying different things. Some people here say its not possible, while Konami said it is. On other Forums they say it wont work. Ah I dont know, I am confused. :RANT:

this gy on twitch is streaming online matches. He plays as china, rather than the usual barca, real etc!!http://www.twitch.tv/jjokbarishine

he just played as china v barca online and beat them 3-1! it was difficult to judge game as they both just tried to get the ball to other end as fast as possible. And kept running into each other, sprint button hogs i think!

Last edited:
Just shows again I need to get a xbox-one, the xbox360 version looks quite a bit worse.

So is PES 6 still better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAky4ppm0w4

In terms of variety, unpredictability, stats-representation yes. For example there are literally 100s of more different shooting outcomes in on old PES games than 2016.

this gy on twitch is streaming online matches. He plays as china, rather than the usual barca, real etc!!http://www.twitch.tv/jjokbarishine

he just played as china v barca online and beat them 3-1! it was difficult to judge game as they both just tried to get the ball to other end as fast as possible. And kept running into each other, sprint button hogs i think!

Scripting?

Last edited:

I was watching him a couple of days ago and he was losing most of his matches so dont read too much into it :D

according a threat in pesgaming...........does any one confirm that if we import images in decreased size 1024x1024 then we are going to have the ability to import more kits to overcome the limit of 113 fully edited kits. anyone??

I have also read this.
If this is true, it might be an acceptable solution.

It is a shame Konami is not able to give precise information. Even on the pics of Edit mode no detailed information about the slots (in general, in use or free) is visible...

according a threat in pesgaming...........does any one confirm that if we import images in decreased size 1024x1024 then we are going to have the ability to import more kits to overcome the limit of 113 fully edited kits. anyone??

Absolutely not. the game won’t accept/import smaller sizes

PS option file sharing is a possibility. But will have to profile share too

Absolutely not. the game won’t accept/import smaller sizes

PS option file sharing is a possibility. But will have to profile share too

i believe that we can import a smaller size image in png format but is this ensures us that is counting for i half slot? i believe not because its image regardless the size
occupies one slot i believe that this is the case .
is in it?

First of all one has to understand that the limitations regarding sharing option files is the fault of Sony and MS that have created strict dependencies between files and userprofiles.

Second, Konami and their PR-speakers (like Adam and co) don't want to come out clear about this and simply say what is possible and what not, because they fear that it will effect the adoption rate in a negative way. So they put out fuzzy comments or just remain silent until the first few weeks of sales are over.

First of all one has to understand that the limitations regarding sharing option files is the fault of Sony and MS that have created strict dependencies between files and userprofiles.

Second, Konami and their PR-speakers (like Adam and co) don't want to come out clear about this and simply say what is possible and what not, because they fear that it will effect the adoption rate in a negative way. So they put out fuzzy comments or just remain silent until the first few weeks of sales are over.
i don't care if i can share files but if i can have a fully edited teams game that's why i ask if the size decrease of the png images can overcome the 113 fully edited teams

That is unethical on so many levels. I know it happens with many products and I don't like it one bit. What annoys me is that call it a strategy. Yea sure, a strategy to lie to customers. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom