PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Been a while.

I'm slumming it on PS3 after selling my PS4 last year. Just not really into playing video games that much so just didn't see the point in holding onto it; but thinking of re-investing again.

I like this demo and enjoyed last years game. A lot of that admittedly has to do with outright ignorance towards the community side of things as I just grew tired of the over-analysis which I myself was greatly involved in. I dunno, but in my opinion if we had the same online social media networks, ease of capturing footage, and how it can drive communities these days back in the PS2 days of PES, these forums and others would be rammed with all manner of video captures highlighting "bugs" and whatnot. That said, it is a good resource and is worthy of discussion but it just isn't one I am overly keen in getting too involved in.

Ach, I guess I just found it got to the stage that by being so involved in the discussion that it essentially broke the game(s) for me more than the game itself possibly could without me being aware. I mean, if we are to be honest, PES5/6, although brilliant and still holding up to this day as completely playable and enjoyable games, back then if we were playing ML and were getting beat we knew how we could try and level things up and it wasn't always skill, but knowing what the AI was weak against. If we didn't win we always knew it was the AI screwing us around, writing a script. The AI scripts producing a narrative that although a bit off and deeply frustrating, did make for an immersive experience.

Back to this demo. I am enjoying but but it is not without its flaws, but the flaws won't stop me buying it as for all that it might be pretty much a case of what you see is what you are going get, the other aspects which make a PES regardless of its quality a PES title; impact of playing in a competition/ML against the AI, home/away impact, Option Files and tactical tweakery by the legends round here and elsewhere, and yes, the scripting that manifests in play in these game modes are simply not in place. And while I know that will eventually piss me off it is the journey in getting there that matters for me and I just think it might be a long one before it becomes too much of a nuisance and sees me stop playing. That is, providing I don't read every critique or analysis post on community sites as if I do that the game will be broken for me before it is released.

I totally agree. You can drive yourself mad reading everyone's moans and groans. It has also ruined the game for me in previous years as I start over thinking the game. We need to remember its just a game. I dont like racing games so i dont buy them. I love my footie and PES of yesterday but I am enjoying the PES16 Demo. Of course the game has flaws. Its a game. It will. Like it play it or dont like it dont play it. Simple

This years version would be worth creating one, also hope community mode is back, will make it a lot easier

That would certainly make things much easier. Would be great having the Aussies here in a PES league :)

I think most of us are on PS4 apart from @CalcioCalabrese the poor outcast. Maybe this would force him to get a PS4 :SMUG:

You know the old PES is back when the game is boring for 80min and then there's a breakthrough or moment of brilliance, that's what ivmissed alot

I agree. Ive had a lot of 0-0 games but I am really enjoying it. Im playing as Roma and really like playing as them. I nicked a 92nd minute winner and the only goal of the game today against Corinthians. It was a good feeling.

That would certainly make things much easier. Would be great having the Aussies here in a PES league :)

I think most of us are on PS4 apart from @CalcioCalabrese the poor outcast. Maybe this would force him to get a PS4 :SMUG:

I saw that .
Maybe you guys can chip in and I'll buy a PS4! Honestly it's just the controller I don't like otherwise I'd have got one.

I agree. Ive had a lot of 0-0 games but I am really enjoying it. Im playing as Roma and really like playing as them. I nicked a 92nd minute winner and the only goal of the game today against Corinthians. It was a good feeling.

Yeah iv controlled roma a lot and I always want to give the ball to totti, just so I can have a hard long range shot on goal, but the CPU AI always seems to do well to close him down constantly, iv noticed with this game on superstar,you need to earn that space.

Did Adam say when we will hear about modes.

Played as Juve against Bayern this morning and got beaten first 2 matches 3-0, changed the tactics for the third match to 4-3-3 with Pepe on right wing and went 1-0 up through Tevez. Switched to defensive 5-2-2-1 with Morata on his own. . .worked perfectly, soaked up the pressure and hit them on the break. . Morata headed down to Tevez and he smashed a volley into the top corner for a 2-0 victory .. . very satisfying!

One thing that I learned is that the tactics worked exactly as I wanted, it's the best Pes demo I've ever played and I'm playing them from the time of having to buy a Playstation mag to get the disc. Sort out the refs and we're in for a good year of football!

just played the ps3 demo for the last hour, cant see any real improvement from pes 2015

You must be trolling...if youre not my suggestion is that you keep playing and that you try all settings on manual and decrease difficulty of the AI to Professional. Over time you will se hundreds of new things and animations pop up

You must be trolling...if youre not my suggestion is that you keep playing and that you try all settings on manual and decrease difficulty of the AI to Professional. Over time you will se hundreds of new things and animations pop up

playing on pro full manual, game feels hollow and for some reason I don't care whether I win or lose

Dynamic weather. How do u activate it ? Is it just light and string rain ? Do the clouds ever break to let sunshine in during a rainy game ?

option file confirmed for ps4? I don't think adam or konami confirmed it by now, anything they say is that importing images is working fine but nobody mention sharing data. if it's true that will be amazing :)

Is not confirmed yet, Adam say is test only in Development Kits, not in normal Ps4. when the game is gold disc in physical testing by normal ps4

sorry for mi bad english

In spanish:

Adam dijo que los tests de compartir los O. Files hasta ahora solo han sido probados en Consolas Ps4 de Desarrollo de Software, que tienen unos grados de protección distintos a las Ps4 normales. Una vez el disco pase a estado Gold lo probarán en Ps4 normales para ver si funciona sin problemas.

I do not want speed up play ..now speed gameplay very very very good.

but we want to speed up the Shuffle and overcome another player like such as PES2013

We want to punish cheaters to deduct points such as fifa

You could argue the ai is being precise and reading the challenge as a clean win of the ball unlike reality where the referee doesn't always have that luxury..

This is what I think is going on, Also people need to check the replays in super slow mo on the times were they are sure they were fouled and often you will see frame by frame detail that the CPU player got a slither of his toe/foot to the ball just split second before he smashed your legs away ... The outcome being the game/code sees this as a fair challenge and no foul given.

I am fine with this system but would make the game more organic if fouls were called more often and as if we had an imaginary human style referee interpreting some of the challenges, rather than the game judging challenges by a pixel on 'ball before man' basis.

Back home from holiday and finally had time to play the demo (5 matches).
Default speed is much too fast.
Played it on -1 and that was better, should perhaps try -2.
I guess this demo has to grow on me.
At first sight, the game feels a litle bit weird. Player feel too light imo, but perhaps i should get used to it.

Negatives:

No fouls.
Skating (animations could be better).

Positives:

Responsive.

Much better collision system (and that is the main reason why it's weird that there are scarcely fouls inand around the box, i had the feeling that in 2015 there were no fouls because the collision systemwas all wrong and that consequently did not "recognize" fouls, but that was clearly not the reason, since no the collisions are correct).

Challenging game (the CPU hammers me on Superstar).

Plenty of nice litle touches.

It's too early to write a conclusion (and often the retail version is completely different from the demo version, so there is no use in having a definite conclusion about the demo).

Not as good as the big fans are pretending it is, but not as bad as the gabeloganists are saying...but it's very early days for me.

PS: gabeloganists is meant as a litle joke, don't take it too serious...no hard feelings.

:O im a concept now! i hope women will follow this concept and worship me now. spread the word! :)

ps to the post above yours: yeah cpu just too good at interceptions, i think its an easy fix for the team

Last edited:
Back home from holiday and finally had time to play the demo (5 matches).
Default speed is much too fast.
Played it on -1 and that was better, should perhaps try -2.
I guess this demo has to grow on me.
At first sight, the game feels a litle bit weird. Player feel too light imo, but perhaps i should get used to it.

Negatives:

No fouls.
Skating (animations could be better).

Positives:

Responsive.

Much better collision system (and that is the main reason why it's weird that there are scarcely fouls inand around the box, i had the feeling that in 2015 there were no fouls because the collision systemwas all wrong and that consequently did not "recognize" fouls, but that was clearly not the reason, since no the collisions are correct).

Challenging game (the CPU hammers me on Superstar).

Plenty of nice litle touches.

It's too early to write a conclusion (and often the retail version is completely different from the demo version, so there is no use in having a definite conclusion about the demo).

Not as good as the big fans are pretending it is, but not as bad as the gabeloganists are saying...but it's very early days for me.

PS: gabeloganists is meant as a litle joke, don't take it too serious...no hard feelings.

Believe me this demo will grow on you the more you play it, give it a few days it's too early to form an opinion, it is as good as we are all saying!

honestly i stopped playing the demo, i was also on holiday. now i just dont miss it that much with all the flaws, now im waiting for the final game to see if they can implement all the fixes we have been asking for on twitter. maybe if the final game is like exactly this with more fouls, i can play an ML but not against others for sure, shooting and pinpoint passing makes it unbalanced

Last edited:
Honestly this game is brilliant, i was bayern playing against juventus, and in one game, robben dominated and ran through the middle and scored and did it a couple of times and I started to think this could be too easy, I was wrong, for that particular game, he had an orange arrow and I checked the arrows for juve and pogba was on blue and Vidal on green. The next 5 games I couldn't get that exact freedom down the middle with robben, again it's moments which I think about now when I'm not playing thinking of robben dribbling thru the middle and scoring, those pes moments are coming back cos u don't get those opportunities that often like previous games,amazing stuff

honestly i stopped playing the demo, i was also on holiday. now i just dont miss it that much with all the flaws, now im waiting for the final game to see if they can implement all the fixes we have been asking for on twitter. maybe if the final game is like exactly this with more fouls, i can play an ML but not against others for sure, shooting and pinpoint passing makes it unbalanced

Fair enough but it will always have flaws. . if they fix some of them others will turn up.. .. I think they should concentrate on fixing the refs!

Back
Top Bottom