PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I don't think this is a game you get within a few days the real appreciation comes with time and only after 10 days of exhaustive play am I really starting to appreciate it..

Folks where throwing demo feedback back within hours and days without really embracing what pes16 is instead comparing it to what it should be compared to the ps2..

There's so much good this year,a real evolution of the genre and while pes doesn't match Fifas Level of detail,the depth of the game modes and all that Fifa does so well over pes..the gameplay of pes16 still leapfrogs eas game and only highlights why Fifa is so devoid of soul and lifeless.

It's like it was back in the day..Fifa is the planet no gravity game..and I'd really warmed to it the last three years.

Last edited:
I hope with all hope based on demo reaction they don't tweak or ruin what is so right in the demo..only the refs really need tweaking and again not to the point were they blow the whistle to every collision..

For me why pes has become better over the last 3 years and is on the right track is because they've followed there vision more and didn't overly listen to fan feedback..it was obvious last year that pes15 needed a lot added to it for it to become the game it is this year..

This has happened to Fifa,there demos have been much better then the final games,more realistic,slower and year after year after the first patch it reverts to the same fast paced counter attacking arcade game.

In essence what I'm saying is people always knee jerk because they don't really like to much change and rarely want to adapt.

Last edited:
I don't think this is a game you get within a few days the real appreciation comes with time and only after 10 days of exhaustive play am I really starting to appreciate it..

Folks where throwing demo feedback back within hours and days without really embracing what pes16 is instead comparing it to what it should be compared to the ps2..

There's so much good this year,a real evolution of the genre and while pes doesn't match Fifas Level of detail,the depth of the game modes and all that Fifa does so well over pes..the gameplay of pes16 still leapfrogs eas game and only highlights why Fifa is so devoid of soul and lifeless.

It's like it was back in the day..Fifa is the planet no gravity game..and I'd really warmed to it the last three years.

Totally agree with this, there are so many people expecting the most amazing game without seeing the positives of the latest effort. It's got problems but its mile better than 15 and much more enjoyable than FIFA.

Ah Gee! Fancy meeting you here :P

Glad to see your enjoying the game, I've just started a league on the demo. Loving it!

Heh hi ashes, it took me a couple of minutes to work out who you are. Why the name change?

I'm enjoying it so much that I've got to tell the guys on the other thread the sad news that I won't be doing any more work on my PES 5 option file. :(

Hopefully this game will draw PES 5 lovers back to new PES. :)

There's shifts in the momentum but 16 isn't like previous pes games where you literally couldn't stop the cpu scoring..or the game froze players or boosted players to balance the gameplay..

If your behind its harder,your players are heavier and they don't react as quickly..these are the times you play the high percentages..

When you've got the rub you can take more risks and everythngs that little bit easier and your players react better..that's football and that's what konami do so well when they get it right..

Pes16 just feels alive,you' feel like your in a match and when your zoned in it can be all consuming.Everything the cpu does can be countered and the days of outcomes based on maths algorithms(scissor,paper,stone)over more physics based outcomes are finally behind us..

I agree

I agree

I hope with all hope based on demo reaction they don't tweak or ruin what is so right in the demo..only the refs really need tweaking and again not to the point were they blow the whistle to every collision..

For me why pes has become better over the last 3 years and is on the right track is because they've followed there vision more and didn't overly listen to fan feedback..it was obvious last year that pes15 needed a lot added to it for it to become the game it is this year..

This has happened to Fifa,there demos have been much better then the final games,more realistic,slower and year after year after the first patch it reverts to the same fast paced counter attacking arcade game.

In essence what I'm saying is people always knee jerk because they don't really like to much change and rarely want to adapt.

I agree :)

I'd go for digital, its quicker to load, no hassle with changing discs. All my games are digital except PES 2015 and i am set on getting 2016 digital because its a annoyance. Resell value for games is minimal, i am going to play 2016 till the next version comes out and it wont be worth anything by that time, not worth the effort of putting it for sale.

You have resell value with physical and it's normally cheaper

I'd go for digital, its quicker to load, no hassle with changing discs. All my games are digital except PES 2015 and i am set on getting 2016 digital because its a annoyance. Resell value for games is minimal, i am going to play 2016 till the next version comes out and it wont be worth anything by that time, not worth the effort of putting it for sale.

Thanks guys, will probably go with digital.

I have be fouled several times in a game and as Jimmy-Gforce once told me it's how you play, if you can manage to dribble of jink past the player you will get fouled. Now wether the ref calls it as a foul or not is another matter but the fouls are there.

I'll upload a video of me as Bayern vs Juventus and in that game due tot he way i played i was a fouled a number of ties to fully prove this point.

Tactics play a huge part in this also.

I think the only issue is the refs are every, very lenient in the demo.

Thees no such thing as 'fixing' the fouls, its about changing the balance of formations to see them happen more.

I'll upload a video of me as Bayern vs Juventus and in that game due tot he way i played i was a fouled a number of ties to fully prove this point.

Tactics play a huge part in this also.

I think the only issue is the refs are every, very lenient in the demo.

Thees no such thing as 'fixing' the fouls, its about changing the balance of formations to see them happen more.

I shouldn't have to change the way I play to see CPU fouls. I shouldn't have to change tactics or formations to see CPU fouls either. Referees aren't perfect but I'm not seeing them miss many blatantly obvious calls.

Fouls aren't being called because they aren't happening - in one-on-one situations, the CPU doesn't make severely mistimed tackles like a human player would. Playing on Superstar, I see like 1 CPU foul every 5 matches or so. So CPU fouls do happen but that's a horrible, horrible rate.

I shouldn't have to change the way I play to see CPU fouls. I shouldn't have to change tactics or formations to see CPU fouls either. Referees aren't perfect but I'm not seeing them miss many blatantly obvious calls.

Fouls aren't being called because they aren't happening - in one-on-one situations, the CPU doesn't make severely mistimed tackles like a human player would. Playing on Superstar, I see like 1 CPU foul every 5 matches or so. So CPU fouls do happen but that's a horrible, horrible rate.

I can see your point, but your post is completely wrong,

Imagine irl football the best team playing against the worst. Do you really think the best team will need fouls?
I know the example is totally exagerated.

But now lets consider a player like Eden Hazard.
In every league he plays, he is the most fouled player. That is no coincidence.

My poi,t is that the way you play football influences the number of fouls.

I noticed the super fast passing is only in superstar difficulty. At lower levels the game speed seems slower and less hectic. Anyone notice this ?

Digital download is the best.

And we need to demand a consumer-friendly refund policy like Steam's across all digital stores including PSN and XBL. Steam has a great refund policy for digital downloaded products. Within 14 days after release or 2 hours of gameplay you can return any game with no questions asked. Full money back. We need that for all digital stores.

I like to download it. Seems to load faster and I don't have to worry about the laser for the disc to crapmout on me.

All games (digital download or disc) will be fully copied to your HDD.
Just check your HDD status. I was also surprised by this fact.

Seems, that the Blu-Ray is not capable of fast enough data transfer.

So I think things to consider:
- if you have the physical copy you can re-sell it if you don't like it
- if you have the digital one, you do not have to replace discs, do not have to move your ass from the sofa :)

Been a while.

I'm slumming it on PS3 after selling my PS4 last year. Just not really into playing video games that much so just didn't see the point in holding onto it; but thinking of re-investing again.

I like this demo and enjoyed last years game. A lot of that admittedly has to do with outright ignorance towards the community side of things as I just grew tired of the over-analysis which I myself was greatly involved in. I dunno, but in my opinion if we had the same online social media networks, ease of capturing footage, and how it can drive communities these days back in the PS2 days of PES, these forums and others would be rammed with all manner of video captures highlighting "bugs" and whatnot. That said, it is a good resource and is worthy of discussion but it just isn't one I am overly keen in getting too involved in.

Ach, I guess I just found it got to the stage that by being so involved in the discussion that it essentially broke the game(s) for me more than the game itself possibly could without me being aware. I mean, if we are to be honest, PES5/6, although brilliant and still holding up to this day as completely playable and enjoyable games, back then if we were playing ML and were getting beat we knew how we could try and level things up and it wasn't always skill, but knowing what the AI was weak against. If we didn't win we always knew it was the AI screwing us around, writing a script. The AI scripts producing a narrative that although a bit off and deeply frustrating, did make for an immersive experience.

Back to this demo. I am enjoying but but it is not without its flaws, but the flaws won't stop me buying it as for all that it might be pretty much a case of what you see is what you are going get, the other aspects which make a PES regardless of its quality a PES title; impact of playing in a competition/ML against the AI, home/away impact, Option Files and tactical tweakery by the legends round here and elsewhere, and yes, the scripting that manifests in play in these game modes are simply not in place. And while I know that will eventually piss me off it is the journey in getting there that matters for me and I just think it might be a long one before it becomes too much of a nuisance and sees me stop playing. That is, providing I don't read every critique or analysis post on community sites as if I do that the game will be broken for me before it is released.

I noticed the super fast passing is only in superstar difficulty. At lower levels the game speed seems slower and less hectic. Anyone notice this ?

I think superstar level is superb and not seen any ping pong quick passes. The AI is certainly intelligent but the lesser teams do make mistakes

The game is certainly very good

I do not want speed up play ...

but we want to speed up the Shuffle and overcome another player like such as PES2013

For me I would just like to see the refs fixed , more fouls and the lob through ball slightly less floaty but this point is not essential

There are a tons of fouls, but hardly called.

I can see your point, but your post is completely wrong,

Imagine irl football the best team playing against the worst. Do you really think the best team will need fouls?
I know the example is totally exagerated.

But now lets consider a player like Eden Hazard.
In every league he plays, he is the most fouled player. That is no coincidence.

My poi,t is that the way you play football influences the number of fouls.

Totally agree. You invite fouls because of the way you play.

Bloody hell not sure what's up with my connection today but twice I have posted loong essays about how awesome pes 2016 is but it kept getting lost for some wierd reason or another..

This game is phenomenal. It could easily be the best PES game to date.

I played Corinthians vs Bayern full manual, advanced throughball and top player. Got whooped 5-0 trying to play PES like my 2 decade old habits dictated. Next game I changed Corinthians style and my own style and managed to make them work their asses for a 1-1 draw. It was an unbelievable experience and yes manual settings do take away SOME of the attributes but the amount of freedom Konami have given us is astounding.

The pitch this year is literally a clean canvas that you can paint a masterpiece on if you care enough to embrace it and not complain about the nostalgia you may have stuck in your head.

What a game

Last edited:
Well...
Seems some of us weren't all that wrong afterall when we kept on complaining about the impossibility to take on players and dribble properly since PES 2014. And when we kept getting angry about the infamous catch-up bug and the lack of noticeable speed differences between players. These 2 points alone already make PES 2016 the best PES ever (in my humble opinion). If you add the new animations, the better GKs, the improved graphics, the improved AI, etc to the table then... it all rounds up quite nicely.

Many of us had to bare and put up with a lot of comments against us whenever we talked about dribbling and players speed. A lot of you would say shit like "if you are a spint-whore move on to FIFA, this is a passing game" and stuff like that. But I see a lot of you pretty happy now being able to dribble and take on rivals with quick players, eh?!. Hypocrites...

To beat a dead horse I get fouled all of the time, the referee just never blows his whistle 99% of the time.

So the lack of fouls is absolutely the biggest issue I'm having right now, along with the static goalkeepers who refuse to rush oncoming attackers.

However, I'm feeling a sense of joy and entertainment when I play the game that I haven't felt in years.
Back on PES3, me and a mate of mine ran a master league campaign and I remember vividly how sometimes we just couldn't catch a break. The players would make sloppy runs, the AI would drive us mad, but then something would happen. A goal, a last minnute save, a bone crushing challenge, that would turn our fortunes around and we'd be totally into the game again.

Case in point, I just played around with the demo some more and was having a really bad time with it. Couldn't get anything going for 3 or 4 games. Then I load up a game with Roma, and this happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5owo9BMG9eU

So the lack of fouls is absolutely the biggest issue I'm having right now, along with the static goalkeepers who refuse to rush oncoming attackers.

Ia gree with ya.
Lack of fouls is a must-fix for Konami ASAP.

GKs glued to the line on one-on-ones is the second biggest problem I have. The few times GKs do come out, it's usually to rush outside of the box and clear the ball away and that seems scripted because when they do come out is because they are 100% they're going to win the ball, they will never make a mistake and there's no way you can get to the ball first. No matter what player you're running with, if the GKs get to the box they're going to get to it first and clear the ball.

Back
Top Bottom