PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I saw a nice little detail that i hadn't noticed before, at least in 2015. I scored a chipped goal but my player started celebration before the goal crossed the line. It made it look more realistic than just standing there

It worrys me that people are putting up videos on Twitter on some really bad certain red card fouls and the ref just ignoring them . Both Adam and official PES are aware but just ignore the posts. Makes me think something will be fundementally wrong on release

I don't know if this ever happened to any of you guys.
But I was just playing this demo. Last time I played I had the best matches of my life with any PES. Today, I set up everything the same way as last time (no assistance, advanced through balls, manual shooting, etc, etc, etc), even the same stadium, conditions, and the same teams: Brazil v.s France (I was Brazil). Even the same formation and players. But I must have changed the order of the way I set everything up because EVERY SINGLE SHOT FROM OUTSIDE THE BOX in the 5 or 6 matches I played HIT THE POST. Literally. Except of course, those which I failed to aim at goal. By the 6th or 7th shot I couldn't help but laugh out loud... in a... nervous kind of way.

It was super odd. I couldn't score one fucking goal. My shots were either too wide, too hide, or they would hit the post. Just like that. Simple and plain.

I turned off my PS4 because I was highly frustrated. I will try one more match in a few hours and see if anything changes.

Incoming huge bug...

Some of the matches are heavily scripted on Superstar I don't think I've beaten France with Brazil yet. They sometimes won't allow you to shoot. . . . tackles come out of nowhere and then they go down the other end and get the jammiest goal ever, and if you do breach their defence your shot goes wide or hits the post it's very frustrating!

no doubt that konami have to slow down the game a little. i play on -2 speed from the beggining and i found that speedy moves by ai are there like on 0 speed. but that is actually intetesting. while watching football on tv all pro players make sudden moves when they try to keep the ball and opponent is making pressure. so now what, thats the point when pes became arcade game and looks like fifa. if you try not to press opponent on their half of the ground and try to play the game like real football you will find what pes is all about. for example playing on superstar against bayern, they play possesion game and they score, result is 1-0 for them, second half begins and you see that cpu changes tactic to defensive and what happens then? all bayern players stay back and keep possesion so you have to pressing them and take the ball but you fell in the trap here :) thats what the cpu actually force you to do :) I want to say, we have awesome game here and we have to learn some new things how to play it and consider that ai is much smarter now.
for the topic about the losing individuality when playing on manual I have to disagree. just try to play lobbed through pass with totti or pirlo and try that with players from palmeiras or some average players, the accuracy and speed of the ball are not the same even if visually looks like that, balls from these players are difficult for defenders to cut. can't wait for full game, also hoping for great master league :)

I totally agree with you. I also play on -2 and the game feels just right at this speed. I enjoy play at a slow pace, looking for my spaces and build up play without having to rush due to the game beeing too fast. Pes 2015 -1 speed setting is PES 2016 -2 setting.

It worrys me that people are putting up videos on Twitter on some really bad certain red card fouls and the ref just ignoring them . Both Adam and official PES are aware but just ignore the posts. Makes me think something will be fundementally wrong on release

But when they are aware of the problem, then why not ignore it? Should they read the same thing over again? :CONF:

I listened to Asim's podcast, yesterday.
They have spoken Adam about the lack of fouls and other things. The development team is working on it and will try to repair them if it doesn't disturbed the balance of the game too much.

Now imagine being Konami and reread the last 20 pages in this thread. Except the lack offouls is there any clear message occurring from all the feedback in here. I still haven't played the demo, so i'm not biased. Except the lack of fouls there is no general consensus about other flaws.

Except the lack of fouls there is no general consensus about other flaws.

The general consensus is that people aren't happy with the 'ping pong' passing and that the default game speed is way too fast, which will be a pain for the people who want to play online (as you won't be able to change speed.)

Also, a lot of people aren't happy with the way CPU plays perfect passes, regardless of which player is in control of ball.

IF Konami don't address the fouls situation or are too afraid to change anything in case it 'breaks the game', then they're going to be in real trouble. There's no way that anyone will put up with getting awarded just one free kick every 10 matches or so.

I think Konami will fix that though.

I listened to Asim's podcast, yesterday.
They have spoken Adam about the lack of fouls and other things. The development team is working on it and will try to repair them if it doesn't disturbed the balance of the game too much.

Now imagine being Konami and reread the last 20 pages in this thread. Except the lack offouls is there any clear message occurring from all the feedback in here. I still haven't played the demo, so i'm not biased. Except the lack of fouls there is no general consensus about other flaws.

I think the lack of fouls is not such a big problem as some make it out to be. I get one CPU foul per match on average, which is fine by me. I rather have the ability to choose a referee or set it to random. However, i do agree the referee is not very strict and some tackles look like a foul but aren't called. But it is not a dealbreaker for me if they don't fix it to be perfect. Clipping, footplanting and other glitches are way more important for me personally.

I have be fouled several times in a game and as Jimmy-Gforce once told me it's how you play, if you can manage to dribble of jink past the player you will get fouled. Now wether the ref calls it as a foul or not is another matter but the fouls are there.

Also need to consider majority are playing 10min games, be good to know how the game is played at 15 minutes or longer.
Surely the guys who play default settings should see fouls too? And increasing half length introduces other issues anyway, such as scorelines being too high (in your own games and in the CPU's games, unless they've fixed that bug).

It can't be easy compressing the stats of 90 minutes into the time of a highlights package, granted, but that's what football games have to do.

It's like the "manual fixes everything" argument - it might for the minority (and I'm happy that it works for some people and gives them the game they've always wanted), but that doesn't fix ping-pong passing etc. for the majority.

I have be fouled several times in a game and as Jimmy-Gforce once told me it's how you play, if you can manage to dribble of jink past the player you will get fouled. Now wether the ref calls it as a foul or not is another matter but the fouls are there.
:APPLAUD:

I'm imagining they might've turned up referee leniency for the demo for the sake of playability. Just my guess though.

Surely the guys who play default settings should see fouls too? And increasing half length introduces other issues anyway, such as scorelines being too high (in your own games and in the CPU's games, unless they've fixed that bug).

It can't be easy compressing the stats of 90 minutes into the time of a highlights package, granted, but that's what football games have to do.

It's like the "manual fixes everything" argument - it might for the minority (and I'm happy that it works for some people and gives them the game they've always wanted), but that doesn't fix ping-pong passing etc. for the majority.

Good point but you have to have assistance because with each passing year there's always new adopters to the series and they can't be alienated by a game that only caters for manual players..

Your always going to get those that don't want to step up and enjoy the freedom and greater enjoyment a footie game offers,even though there relatively skilled..instead choosing the more watered down assisted experience..

I'm a manual Fifa player and unassisted pes player and I still feel against friends that choose a more assisted game and I can easily exploit the limitations of the way they choose to play..

Online never interests me as I'm oldscholl and most of my time on pes16 this year will be spent in the master league and playing against friends on the couch...

I'm a very harsh critic bit I'm just loving pes16..it's more then obvious the demo as lami clearly said is designed with toned down refs to showcase the seamless gameplay..

Get on board with pes16 Chris and play unassisted..its some game this year!

Last edited:
The cpu ai doesn't cross enough and like a really skilled player the cpu on the higher difficulty will exploit any gap or opening and is aggressive if trailing..I don't have huge score lines at the highest levels and unlike pes15 I'm able to contain and defend against the cpu on the higher levels..

I like the game speed in default it's more real and you can slow the tempo of the match plus it the greater momentum that gives the game the perception it's fast..imo it's rights.

The refs are mega lenient in the main but do make some good calls..but it does need a small amount of adjustment(not huge).

What else is genuinely wrong with pes16..because I can't find any of the older niggles that have plagued the series since 2008..

Yes assisted players can ping pong pass but Fifa is the same and it's been the this way forever.

Last edited:
completely agree with banksy!

I cannot wait to start ML, and just generally play with friends offline, you just cant beat being in the same room sat next to each other and gloating when you get the PES magic! lol.

Banksy, you from knowle?

why bother making games for 360 and PS3 now?

Because not everyone lives on a first world country where they can update consoles regularly. In places like south america most ppl would still play PS3/360. Konami is concentrating on this market in case you haven't noticed

Ok, the deal is this: since i cant remember i havent been hooked to a PES game like this year. I keep seeing new things every time i play, today De Sanctis made two saves in a row and went nuts fists pumping in the air. It was brilliant! I play unassisted with advanced through ball on professional and been having a blast. The best however, is playing against another manual player, thats where the game shines.

I reckon if next year they refine this game we will have something VERY special

I cannot stress the difference the collission system has made on the game. Every tackle feels different and you never know what the outcone will be, the ball is TRULY free now and it can land ANYWHERE

The keepers have been well and truly fixed imo, yes they still let soft gials in now and again but thats realistic. It happens in real life too. I have seen some saves that have me off my seat grinning like an idiot.

Its not the perfect game but it is so good that you forget about the flaws. I CANT WAIT for tge full game and option files to come out so i can start an EPL campaign.

The king is back man, for real this time. FINALLY

For me if you played pes15 your already be taking to pes16 to a whole new level..the games beautifully balanced and whether your a defensive/offensive type player or someone that likes to play through the middle your catered for...

The game by default allows you to play pretty much the way you want..your not locked directly into using tactics and can choose to play with different styles on the fly just by the way you choose to move and shift the ball..and I stress letting the ball do all the work does pay off.

I can get game the speed to a crawl even in default and I don't feel afraid to to take players on like pes15 where the rigid nature of player movement and choppy collisions constantly forced you to pass the ball.

If the cpu is aggressive I'm able to exploit the space it leaves at the back with ease and unassisted passing allows you the freedom to knock the ball into space...I'm not locked down into passes long and short that automatically are directed to players.

I genuinely don't think I've played a game as polished and as deep as this since pes5..it's got everything...I've literally spent hours playing with the tiny steps the players make and how they shift there weight.

Last edited:
Good point but you have to have assistance because with each passing year there's always new adopters to the series and they can't be alienated by a game that only caters for manual players..

Your always going to get those that don't want to step up and enjoy the freedom and greater enjoyment a footie game offers,even though there relatively skilled..instead choosing the more watered down assisted experience..

I'm a manual Fifa player and unassisted pes player and I still feel against friends that choose a more assisted game and I can easily exploit the limitations of the way they choose to play..

Online never interests me as I'm oldscholl and most of my time on pes16 this year will be spent in the master league and playing against friends on the couch...

I'm a very harsh critic bit I'm just loving pes16..it's more then obvious the demo as lami clearly said is designed with toned down refs to showcase the seamless gameplay..

Get on board with pes16 Chris and play unassisted..its some game this year!

Agree with the part about catering for new players. The problem is that for online the default should not be full assisted, this makes the games very boring...in pes15 i would always get matched against RM 90% of the time with assisted rainbow flick spammers.

For me if you played pes15 your already be taking to pes16 to a whole new level..the games beautifully balanced and whether your a defensive/offensive type player or someone that likes to play through the middle your catered for...

The game by default allows you to play pretty much the way you want..your not locked directly into using tactics and can choose to play with different styles on the fly.

I can get game speed to a crawl even in default and I don't feel afraid to to take players on like pes15 where the rigid nature of player movement and choppy collisions constantly forced you to pass the ball.

If the cpu is aggressive able to exploit the space it leaves at the back with ease and unassisted passing allows you the freedom to knock the ball into space...

I genuinely don't think I've played a game as polished and as deep as this since pes5..it's got everything.

Agreed 100%

For me this is looking like the first playable PES in years, liking the demo a lot.
Loving a perfectly timed slide tackle, animations on these look great. Also had the cpu dive and get booked, was amazing.

One crazy thing that happened when I was playing against my nephew, I was winning 1-0 and he got a free kick on the edge of the box in the 93rd minute. He curled in a beauty with Griezmann, but the ref had blew the final whistle the second he kicked the ball! Safe to say my nephew wasn't happy

Back
Top Bottom