PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Folks should just enjoy the demo for what it is..not what it isn't or what they personally want it to be..

Let's have a reality check because the way I see this is miles better then fifa15 with its weightless players and bumper car inertia..what's weird is i actually enjoyed Fifa15 but now find it just feels like Fifa used to back in the day against pes.

Now I'm not saying the cpu isn't able to almost score at will on the higher difficulty settings or that the refs aren't a tad to lenient but interms of gameplay,momentum and teammate ai this years pes is so much more arresting and playable then Fifa or pes has been for years.

I don't buy into the idea that you can just produce blind and perfect passes on the no pass assistance setting without taking into account foot and body position...

I'm genuinely finding it hard to take some of the posts on here seriously as they go from the Etonian essay to mindless ramblings of those who are failing to see the blindingly obvious.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely finding it hard to take some of the posts on here seriously as they go from the Etonian essay to mindless ramblings of those who are failing to see the blindingly obvious.
:BLINK:

It's a discussion forum, so that'll happen. A lot of us take the game far too seriously. No need to be insulting about it...

:BLINK:

It's a discussion forum, so that'll happen. A lot of us take the game far too seriously. No need to be insulting about it...

Your words not mine..I like the differences in opinion as long as there based on fact not pure bellyaching or franchise envy..

Me and you aren't that different Chris nor are what we want or crave in a footie game..

I just think to many are lambasting pea based on what they think fifa16 is going to be when in all likelihood it will be more of the same with the same short falls in player weight and balance.

Do you mean slower responsive times? I'm hearing a few say it's slower but I'm playing on game speed 0 and personally I think it's fine, maybe a little too fast sometimes. It may be because I'm used to PES5 with adjusted stats to make it slower.

It just felt slower overall.

I've had a few observations on PS4. Fiddled with the different grass settings and noticed wet grass made the game quicker since the ball glide faster across the pitch. Then switched to dry and it felt just about right. Friction surely made ground passes less zippy. Sticking to dry and long grass for sure now :)

And another long due re-addition; we can now finally pick any player to go up for corners instead of being restricted to defenders only like past years (2009-2015). Still restricted to 3 total though. Great nonetheless!

no doubt that konami have to slow down the game a little. i play on -2 speed from the beggining and i found that speedy moves by ai are there like on 0 speed. but that is actually intetesting. while watching football on tv all pro players make sudden moves when they try to keep the ball and opponent is making pressure. so now what, thats the point when pes became arcade game and looks like fifa. if you try not to press opponent on their half of the ground and try to play the game like real football you will find what pes is all about. for example playing on superstar against bayern, they play possesion game and they score, result is 1-0 for them, second half begins and you see that cpu changes tactic to defensive and what happens then? all bayern players stay back and keep possesion so you have to pressing them and take the ball but you fell in the trap here :) thats what the cpu actually force you to do :) I want to say, we have awesome game here and we have to learn some new things how to play it and consider that ai is much smarter now.
for the topic about the losing individuality when playing on manual I have to disagree. just try to play lobbed through pass with totti or pirlo and try that with players from palmeiras or some average players, the accuracy and speed of the ball are not the same even if visually looks like that, balls from these players are difficult for defenders to cut. can't wait for full game, also hoping for great master league :)

no doubt that konami have to slow down the game a little. i play on -2 speed from the beggining and i found that speedy moves by ai are there like on 0 speed. but that is actually intetesting. while watching football on tv all pro players make sudden moves when they try to keep the ball and opponent is making pressure. so now what, thats the point when pes became arcade game and looks like fifa. if you try not to press opponent on their half of the ground and try to play the game like real football you will find what pes is all about. for example playing on superstar against bayern, they play possesion game and they score, result is 1-0 for them, second half begins and you see that cpu changes tactic to defensive and what happens then? all bayern players stay back and keep possesion so you have to pressing them and take the ball but you fell in the trap here :) thats what the cpu actually force you to do :) I want to say, we have awesome game here and we have to learn some new things how to play it and consider that ai is much smarter now.
for the topic about the losing individuality when playing on manual I have to disagree. just try to play lobbed through pass with totti or pirlo and try that with players from palmeiras or some average players, the accuracy and speed of the ball are not the same even if visually looks like that, balls from these players are difficult for defenders to cut. can't wait for full game, also hoping for great master league :)

A fair and balanced post and I agree with most of what your saying especially in relation to non assisted play and the clear differences in player body mass,weight..You really feel the difference when a player is shorter and has a much lower centre of gravity.

I think individuality is actually more pronounced and differences in touch and how well players control and trap a harder delivered ball is excellently reflected.

A simple arcade fest pes16 is not..there's a huge amount of variation and nuance.

Folks should just enjoy the demo for what it is..not what it isn't or what they personally want it to be..

Let's have a reality check because the way I see this is miles better then fifa15 with its weightless players and bumper car inertia..what's weird is i actually enjoyed Fifa15 but now find it just feels like Fifa used to back in the day against pes.

Now I'm not saying the cpu isn't able to almost score at will on the higher difficulty settings or that the refs aren't a tad to lenient but interms of gameplay,momentum and teammate ai this years pes is so much more arresting and playable then Fifa or pes has been for years.

I don't buy into the idea that you can just produce blind and perfect passes on the no pass assistance setting without taking into account foot and body position...

I agree, fifa physics feel funny. The players feel light and floaty, and there is no weight to inertia.

I haven't popped in this thread in a few days so I am still on page 116 catching up since my last post.

I just wanted to say I have played a lot more of this demo sometimes on default and sometimes on -1 and it has me hooked at the moment. I have seen and done some amazing things that have blown me away, things I have been wanting to do in a Football game for years.

I still stop the game constantly to look at animations and physics and ball trajectory, it is a work of art at times this game in those areas. I have put some moves together and hit shots that have had me grinning ear to ear. I just think we need a speed of the game that sits between 0 & -1.

I should be playing the Black Ops 3 Beta but I am just not feeling it and all I want to do is play more PES Demo in the limited gaming time I have with having a family and it being summer holidays and all. If Konami can see this game over the line and we can accept some of its shortcomings, then I/we could have a Football game to play for the whole year again just like the old days. Fingers crossed and time will tell.

Lastly a little off topic but ...

I have x2 Black Ops 3 Beta download codes for EU PS4 version if anyone would like to sample it, then the first 2 people to reply asking for a code will receive one by PM. Cheers.

While 10 mins pretty generous for a demo at least compared to FIFA demos, It's still not enough and pretty frustrating.

The match ends just as your getting immersed and finding your rhythm. Can't wait for the full game so I can crank it up to 15-20 mins.

** BETA CODES GONE **

god84 got the last one as I meant first to reply IN THIS THREAD but received lots of PM's.

Sorry to those that missed out.

Spot on mate, I also agree with everything you said.

that's why i never really got into fifa, but do you feel any of that in the new pes?

I don't think pes16 plays anything like FIFA albeit in terms of response...it's a much weightier game that punishes quick overlaps and leaving gaps and letting the opposition get in behind you...with FIFA whatever you do whether it's pressing or filling channels there's never any difference and you never feel you can suck the opposition out of position by going around the world with the ball.

Ea nailed animation and physics and the level of detail in there game and depth of modes is to be commended but they never have nailed match flow or game balance and to this day it's still just a counte attack game where your teammates are constantly overlapping with wide players constantly missing reverse balls because there always darting forward on the flanks.

FIFA is totally weightless and playing pes16 just demonstrates how far off the mark they are and how there engine just can't do descent player models or mass.

The camera still doesn't keep up with the play in this, same as PES 2015. Is that the Fox Engine?

I find it gets blurry when you play the ball backwards or forwards quickly too, it's so annoying. It's not my TV as I have a Samsung Full HD LED and other games look great.

PS3 version feels exactly the same as PS4 version to me.

That's great news for PS3 owners :)) I take it you find the AI shooting the same on the PS3 then? I still find that the AI has a variety of shots.

why bother making games for 360 and PS3 now?

For people like myself :D

It just felt slower overall.

I've had a few observations on PS4. Fiddled with the different grass settings and noticed wet grass made the game quicker since the ball glide faster across the pitch. Then switched to dry and it felt just about right. Friction surely made ground passes less zippy. Sticking to dry and long grass for sure now :)

And another long due re-addition; we can now finally pick any player to go up for corners instead of being restricted to defenders only like past years (2009-2015). Still restricted to 3 total though. Great nonetheless!

Like I said before, I cannot compare with PS4 but I find the speed ok.,it's good to know that the variety of grass makes a difference and is not just cosmetic.

That's good news about players going up for corners.

I was playing as Juventus against Roma on Professional. 3-0 up after about 60 mins. I decided to do an experiment and play my players out of position. Pirlo in goal, Buffon on the left wing, defenders up front. We couldn't do anything, the control was poor the passing was going astray. Didn't have one shot after that. They kept catching us out with balls over the top because my 'defenders' could not win a header. They got 2 goals back with one shot going under Pirlo.

I'm quite pleased because that shows that stats make a difference.

That's great news for PS3 owners :)) I take it you find the AI shooting the same on the PS3 then? I still find that the AI has a variety of shots.

For people like myself :D

Like I said before, I cannot compare with PS4 but I find the speed ok.,it's good to know that the variety of grass makes a difference and is not just cosmetic.

That's good news about players going up for corners.

I was playing as Juventus against Roma on Professional. 3-0 up after about 60 mins. I decided to do an experiment and play my players out of position. Pirlo in goal, Buffon on the left wing, defenders up front. We couldn't do anything, the control was poor the passing was going astray. Didn't have one shot after that. They kept catching us out with balls over the top because my 'defenders' could not win a header. They got 2 goals back with one shot going under Pirlo.

I'm quite pleased because that shows that stats make a difference.

The speed seems fine at both 0 and -1 on the PS4 but when you are playing on the PS3 the default speed feels good. I think the game running at 60FPS throws some people off.

Been on the demo a lot today and I have to say I love the defending this year..even in the higher difficulties now I'm able to adopt a almost siege like mentality and if the cpu does score and I stress,if,I simply have to tip my hat because replays only reveal the cpu either exploiting my mistakes(or lack of me putting my defence back into position or not making the tackle)..

I'm sold,I'm confident the refs have been tweaked and for me they've nailed momentum shifts(ie when you do and don't get the rub)and the more intelligently I play the better my teammates respond..

I don't feel like I'm having to force the game or things aren't connecting up and unlike previous years I don't feel the game cheats only exploiting the gaps I leave and the runs I don't track.

What I have realised is how lazy footie games of
Late have made me..way to much hand holding in Fifa and pes not really being up to the grade it is this year.

Last edited:
@Geeeee, that is a great idea of swapping out your players, it really does show stats matter!!

Im completely sold on PES 16... the fifa beta for me just isnt as good. i have played 13 games on FIFA beta compared to my MANY on PES demo, and thats just replaying Roma v Juve :)

ps Totti is THE man!

Although PES 2016 A.I is miles better than PES 2015 and FIFA 15, it is still not as good as WE9LE's A.I. That is more like a chess game where each moves count and the A.I was smart especially against good teams. PES 2016 is a bit less thinking and more into quick reaction.

You are taking the piss right? Int hat game I've seen on a number of occasions the AI pass backwards rather than shoot into an empty net.

why bother making games for 360 and PS3 now?

Simple. Because there's a LOT of PS3 and 360 in every home. This translate into more games sold in that gen than the actual one.

This happens more frequently because this gen is very similar to the old one. The small technological leap allows this kind of things.

Last edited:

Great post

I don't know if this ever happened to any of you guys.
But I was just playing this demo. Last time I played I had the best matches of my life with any PES. Today, I set up everything the same way as last time (no assistance, advanced through balls, manual shooting, etc, etc, etc), even the same stadium, conditions, and the same teams: Brazil v.s France (I was Brazil). Even the same formation and players. But I must have changed the order of the way I set everything up because EVERY SINGLE SHOT FROM OUTSIDE THE BOX in the 5 or 6 matches I played HIT THE POST. Literally. Except of course, those which I failed to aim at goal. By the 6th or 7th shot I couldn't help but laugh out loud... in a... nervous kind of way.

It was super odd. I couldn't score one fucking goal. My shots were either too wide, too hide, or they would hit the post. Just like that. Simple and plain.

I turned off my PS4 because I was highly frustrated. I will try one more match in a few hours and see if anything changes.

Incoming huge bug...

Back
Top Bottom