PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Does anyone else find that the CPU scores very similiar goals each and every time? Grass cutters across the floor - they just look so dull and empty.

I'm yet to have the CPU try a shot from outside the box against me! Plus today I played 3 matches in a row (Superstar difficulty, -1 game speed) and didn't get ANY free kicks awarded to me. Not one.

The CPU has had a few long shots against me. One was from about 25yrds when my GK made a mistake with a clearance, he came out to clear the ball but the ball hit the striker on the head and bounced to the player on the wing. He took his time lined up the shot and whacked it in while my GK scrambled back.

Another one was a volley from a corner which went out of the stadium, I enjoyed that because I was expecting a rocket into the net. Personally I find the CPU shooting is more random than some are saying. Playing on PS3 maybe it's different on PS4.

The lack of free kicks is annoying though.

The CPU has had a few long shots against me. One was from about 25yrds when my GK made a mistake with a clearance, he came out to clear the ball but the ball hit the striker on the head and bounced to the player on the wing. He took his time lined up the shot and whacked it in while my GK scrambled back.

Another one was a volley from a corner which went out of the stadium, I enjoyed that because I was expecting a rocket into the net. Personally I find the CPU shooting is more random than some are saying. Playing on PS3 maybe it's different on PS4.

The lack of free kicks is annoying though.

That's interesting, I might download the PS3 version to see how it compares to PS4 version (which I've been playing).

I played an exhibition game on PES2015, me Juventus and CPU as Bayern same as when I play 2016 demo. I used your tactic changes and there was more crossing and less passing around the back four from CPU.

I really wish I had known about your tactic changes last year because lack of crossing and passing around the back four was a game breaker for me.

There's not much difference between the two if I'm honest Klashman. Maybe better animations in 2016 which is what we expect anyway. Gameplay wise it's pretty much the same.

A question, if I use your tactics on PS3 PES2016, how do I transfer those tactics onto my brothers PS3? Or do I have to redo it on his. Hopefully that's not too much off topic :P

Thanks matey.

Not sure, i'd assume just copy over the option file to his.

I'd buy a PS4 since PES 2016 is a evolution from 2015 on this console, you should be able to pick one up for about 270-300 I'm broke but scraped cash together for it :)

Really interested in PS3 vs PS4 topic

Yeah, I'll be interested what the PS3/360 versions are like. Last year the game felt too safe and controlled, with no life in the midfield. And visually it was more like a cross between PES 13 and 14. 14 was way more challenging and alive, albeit also frustrating.

Yeah, I'll be interested what the PS3/360 versions are like. Last year the game felt too safe and controlled, with no life in the midfield. And visually it was more like a cross between PES 13 and 14. 14 was way more challenging and alive, albeit also frustrating.
I've played both, next gen and old gen, they're very similar. Pretty much the only difference is the visual side.

Not sure, i'd assume just copy over the option file to his.

I'd buy a PS4 since PES 2016 is a evolution from 2015 on this console, you should be able to pick one up for about 270-300 I'm broke but scraped cash together for it :)

I will search google to find out how.

Wouldn't mind a PS4 but I need to get myself a new amp and mixer first. Maybe after Xmas they'll have some deals.

there is a demo mod (PS3) at pes-patch. it adds new pitch, new sky, proper adboards for the teams
http://www.pes-patch.com/2015/08/pes-2016-demo-ps3-simple-mod-by-bluediskhaven-cfw.html

looks pretty cool. the default pitch is just horrible. still

Thanks for this gabe, any idea how to install it? Does it have to be modded PS3?

Just read what PS3 CFW means, all soldering and stuff. I think I'll give that a miss, I only what to spread a few passes and score a few goals :P

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I've been testing the demo on PS3 last days...

For those who had the chance to compare PS4 and PS3 versions, do you think it worth to buy a PS4 for PES2016?

I'd have the chance to buy it for a good price, are the PS4 version really better?
What's the difference apart from graphics?

thank you

read this, is from Winning Eleven Blog English

sebapmr wrote:
I downloaded the ps3 demo to judge it for myself.

Man is it AWFUL, I cant believe I played pes 2015 on ps3 telling myself it wasnt that much different from ps4 ( which might have been true I dont know for sure )

First the lighting. Its so gray. Colours are so bland and lack the vibrance of the ps4 version. The grass still has that yellowish piss green colour that should be reserved for a 3rd world country field and not a professional field.

Then theres the speed. Its so slow on default, and not in a good way. Its sluggish slow. The response time takes way too long which disconnects you from your team. Feels slower than -1 on ps4, and a lil faster than -2, to give you an idea.

Next the framerate on replays. I swear they get worse every year. The stuttering is all over the place. Looks like when I try to watch a 1080p60fps video on my old laptop. Unprofessional.

Players lack the freedom and animations you see on ps4. They feel like theyre looking at their feet while playing, not their surroundings. Its also lacking all the lil animations on the pitch from other players which help make the game feel alive. But the worst is how controlling a player feels. Seems like youre controlling a horse, who can pretty much just run and go slightly left or right. The responsiveness of the ps4 version is gone, and they feel almost exactly like in pes2015, bar some new animations.

The collision system isnt as prolific either. Feels like they added the bare minimum complimented by some new canned animations.

Other lacking points : Corinthians stadium is missing, Rain is purely aesthetic, a screen filter again and the sound of the crowd was cutting off

To sum it up: Sluggish, awful colours, missing features, really bad stuttering replays

http://winningelevenblog.es/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23468&start=80

Admittedly I haven't played the PS4 version so I cannot compare. But to say it is AWFUL and slow is a bit of an exaggeration. Reading the thread the guy does back track a little and says it is better than 2015 and he shouldn't have put AWFUL in caps. It is definately not slow, I play on 0 speed and am thinking of reducing the speed more because it is a tad quick.

Yeah that review is awful. I play on Xbox 360 and it seems like we are not talking about the same - xcept for the lighting

Yeah thats my opinion on the ps3 version when compared to the ps4 version. Like I said on wenb, I like to point out the negatives as those are what stands out when you pit both versions against each other. The ps3 version is perfectly playable despite all its short comings compared to the ps4

Beside of all the technical stuff like the stutter in replays,sluggishness,etc. the game this year feels alot more alive on ps4, something I cannot say about the ps3 version. This is just my opinion guys, and you shouldnt completly agree with it or bash it until you have at least tried both versions for a couple of games at least.

The colors are an issue in both FIFA and PES on 360/PS3 compared to One/PS4. I guess that's the tradeoff when incorporating aspects from an advanced system to an older one, idk. PES 2014 colors look 100 times more vibrant than 15, by comparison.

As for worth buying a ps4 for this version, thats really somewhat of a personnal decision depending on your situation.

What I can tell you is there IS a difference between version besides graphics.

You should really try it before you decide if its worth spending $ on a new console

Ping pong is just long forward long/relative long passes with the ball travelling at a speed of a pinhall machine, while Barcelona tiki taka is short laterals and sometimes backwards passes that are mecessary to keep possession.

Huge, huuuuuge difference.

Ping pong passing is not and never will be realisticd. Saying that its realistic because its "Barça style" is a straight lie or a delusion of the one who makes such claim.

This is a fantastic post, very underrated

The biggest negative immersion killer for me is the pinpoint accurate ping-pong passes by the AI and lack of variety of AI goals. Most goals seem to be from 1-2 cutbacks from the wings with hardly any long range shots.

Playing on manual and top player/superstar difficulty, the AI will end up with 85+ passing accuracy, this is consistent with all of the teams in the demo. When playing the AI, are stats in use at all or is the AI hard programmed based on difficulty, throwing the stats out the window?

What's the point of disadvantaging yourself playing on manual when AI's passing style does't change at all with their accuracy and 1-2 ping-pong style of play. Yea its a lot more enjoyable playing on manual and plays more organic with your inputs, but if the other team is not on the same level field with passing support then it completely ruins it.

Sports games are the funnest playing vs a friend or human opponent. I'm fascinated that in 2015 ppl still like playing vs the AI when they could play online vs humans.

Has anyone here had the opportunity to play the demo vs another living person ? How are the fouls and pin point passes then? I'm sure it's much more enjoyable and realistic than planying the AI.

Sports games are the funnest playing vs a friend or human opponent. I'm fascinated that in 2015 ppl still like playing vs the AI when they could play online vs humans.

Has anyone here had the opportunity to play the demo vs another living person ? How are the fouls and pin point passes then? I'm sure it's much more enjoyable and realistic than planying the AI.

Playing locally against friends is the most enjoyable and satisfying gameplay experience, it becomes a whole another game.

But online seems to vary quite alot, from decent to glitch exploiters, lag switchers and rage quitters.

:APPLAUD:

playing against AI so boring...

Hi Guys, I've been testing the demo on PS3 last days...

For those who had the chance to compare PS4 and PS3 versions, do you think it worth to buy a PS4 for PES2016?

I'd have the chance to buy it for a good price, are the PS4 version really better?
What's the difference apart from graphics?

thank you

In my little experience on the PS3 demo, it just felt slower, which is maybe better to some complaining about the quick pace on PS4. The graphics are lesser of course too. These are the only 2 differences I noticed.

In my little experience on the PS3 demo, it just felt slower, which is maybe better to some complaining about the quick pace on PS4. The graphics are lesser of course too. These are the only 2 differences I noticed.

Tks a lot guys for your advise/impressions/suggestions....
I'll try to get my hands on the PS4 demo to evaluate if to buy or not.

I'd opt for an upgrade only for significant gameplay improvements but not for the visuals.

Last edited:
Although PES 2016 A.I is miles better than PES 2015 and FIFA 15, it is still not as good as WE9LE's A.I. That is more like a chess game where each moves count and the A.I was smart especially against good teams. PES 2016 is a bit less thinking and more into quick reaction.

Do you mean slower responsive times? I'm hearing a few say it's slower but I'm playing on game speed 0 and personally I think it's fine, maybe a little too fast sometimes. It may be because I'm used to PES5 with adjusted stats to make it slower.

Back
Top Bottom