PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I Can't fault this game, meaning I won't say a bad word about it. Does not mean it's perfect because it's far from it. but I can't fault it because it leaves me happy after evey play. And with a satisfied smile on my face

And that is something a football game hasn't done for many years. Just like the old PES's used to do

I Can't fault this game, meaning I won't say a bad word about it. Does not mean it's perfect because it's far from it. but I can't fault it because it leaves me happy after evey play. And with a satisfied smile on my face

And that is something a football game hasn't done for many years. Just like the old PES's used to do

It's a great effort from Konami anyway I prefer that a soccer game has faults. . perfect just can't happen... it would lose it's unpredictability and become boring very quickly!

Honestly this game is brilliant, i was bayern playing against juventus, and in one game, robben dominated and ran through the middle and scored and did it a couple of times and I started to think this could be too easy, I was wrong, for that particular game, he had an orange arrow and I checked the arrows for juve and pogba was on blue and Vidal on green. The next 5 games I couldn't get that exact freedom down the middle with robben, again it's moments which I think about now when I'm not playing thinking of robben dribbling thru the middle and scoring, those pes moments are coming back cos u don't get those opportunities that often like previous games,amazing stuff

Zuko I had some incredible games yesterday. . felt like actual soccer matches. .brilliant!

Zuko I had some incredible games yesterday. . felt like actual soccer matches. .brilliant!

It's amazing how deep this game can be. Just hope they don't fak it up come release, have to agree with a few others that passing speed and accuracy should be toned down a bit with the megastars, feels a bit too accurate, but not a gamebreaker.

lol gabeloganists.

Gabe i really think your being overly harsh on this game. the only true problem that needs fixing are the refs.. they are awful.

It's amazing how deep this game can be. Just hope they don't fak it up come release, have to agree with a few others that passing speed and accuracy should be toned down a bit with the megastars, feels a bit too accurate, but not a gamebreaker.

Agree with you that the passing could be toned down a tad, the keepers aren't coming off their line moaning has died down. I can live with the faults at the moment apart from the refs.

At first sight, the game feels a litle bit weird. Player feel too light imo, but perhaps i should get used to it.

yeah a bit more weight on the players without losing too much responsiveness, and the ball a bit less grip on the ground and i could play it all day long

Had a lot of fun on the demo yesterday. Looking forward to the full release. A few more wild lunges from the AI and a 10% reduction in ref leniency would be nice by "day one". Not going to post the gameplay settings I've settled on as I've realised everyone does it in hope of a pat on the back from someone else. But yeah, every match is a challenge and unpredictable at the moment. And at a speed I can cope with.

First "holy shit!" goal too yesterday, with the guy from AS Roma with the weird name, who looks like a circular saw is lodged in his skull.

lol gabeloganists.

Gabe i really think your being overly harsh on this game. the only true problem that needs fixing are the refs.. they are awful.

am i? i enjoy it tho as i said besides refs assisted shooting and passing is too accurate for me and they need to have more variatons/errors. i just dont want to play with low teams all the time because i could exploit the shooting of Robben anytime i want, thats it. and manual shooting is too much, with manual passing i could live with but not with manual shooting

but the demo is only around 80 percent so im hopeful :)

if you say manual shooting is too good then perhaps that means YOURE to good? its not the games fault you are good at it.

I agree the assists make it TOO easy, when you say variations, variations of what??? i have hit sooo many different shots, the only one i havent seen is one like diego costa scored this weekend where he sprints in to slide in on the end of Pedros wayward shot.

no i say manual is not for me, i want to play a stats based game with assisted shooting :) a few pages back we discussed about the shooting variatons and the variation of its errors, trace back a bit

no i say manual is not for me, i want to play a stats based game with assisted shooting :) a few pages back we discussed about the shooting variatons and the variation of its errors, trace back a bit

I have been thinking about it, but I believe with manual you get a sounder stats based game, because the AI doesn't help you to correct helped settings. When it helped you, it overrules the stats from the player.

The games defineltly zippier when faster players are on orange..I still can't find fault,every match is different and last night I challenged a player from behind deliberately and the ref did nothing letting play carry on because the ball was still in play..lets just say when the game next stopped my said player was booked..

It's moments like this that continually surprise me and folks can bemoan issues like passing and shooting but this is as close to real footie any footie game has become for me!..

As for variation in passing and shootings,there's bucketloads..the only limit is your imagination.

Last edited:
Defenders still don't give a sh*t and the keepers are horrible. I don't feel or see any difference between 2015 and 2016 in that aspect?

Defenders still don't give a sh*t and the keepers are horrible. I don't feel or see any difference between 2015 and 2016 in that aspect?

How aware defenders are is more down to user error now then anything they are or aren't reacting to..and giving the ball away in your own half on the higher levels will allow faster players to exploit your loss of momentum and gaps that appear leaving defenders flat footed..for me keepers are really solid now even making that extra touch to stop deflections from being more common..there's always the danger of not clearing your lines and trying to play the ball out of your box at the wrong time..if you look a little closer your see it's your own error or what your not doing then anything the game isn't.

I definitely think you can direct these issues at 15 not 16..

That said your entitled to your opinion you just put a question mark that's all...there's no flys on this pes.

Last edited:
am i? i enjoy it tho as i said besides refs assisted shooting and passing is too accurate for me and they need to have more variatons/errors. i just dont want to play with low teams all the time because i could exploit the shooting of Robben anytime i want, thats it. and manual shooting is too much, with manual passing i could live with but not with manual shooting

but the demo is only around 80 percent so im hopeful :)

I'm finding manual shooting tough going as well.. manual passing is no probs. . lost a lot of matches over manual shooting, I switch the odd time to advanced shooting but you still have to work hard on Superstar to create openings.

I disagree completely. Defenders are much more responsive and alert and intercept balls more. I'm yet to see the usual defense blunder from PES of past years. Keepers are very decent and more balanced or human-like imo.

I think the amount of times I saw goals being scored because the ball was cheaply given away by midfielder or by a loose defensive pass in there own half in the premiership this weekend justifies to me how well reflected that facet of football is exhibited in pes this year as is flat footed defenders being skinned by weight and momentum.

I think the amount of times I saw goals being scored because the ball was cheaply given away by midfielder or by a loose defensive pass in there own half in the premiership this weekend justifies to me how well reflected that facet of football is exhibited in pes this year as is flat footed defenders being skinned by weight and momentum.

You'll get punished if you get caught bringing the ball from defence through midfield in this demo. . which is proper order!

Look who's talking, look at his name :D

F*ck off dude, you dont know the reason behind the name so dont assume because it makes you look an ass.

My name is homage to my favorite player Robbie "god" Fowler and the year of my birth, i dont put much effort into name creation...

For me it's WE 11 this year plenty have said it's a placebo but this WE demo is the best i've played. I always played WE11over PES and just feel it's better in some way. Haven't got fed up with it yet.

But it makes no sense... as stats play far more when used with manual or minimum assists, as the AI will correct everything with the assists on.

Shot variation??? i have hit and scored many different types of goals, ball flight looks nice in this game.

Deflected lobs, pea rollers into the corners, power drives, ect

Enjoyed the Pitchside camera with 6, 2, 6 settings. Oh yeah and boom what a volley!!
http://xboxclips.com/CalcioCalabrese/2411a6f9-e889-4344-9839-142a73d0e067/embed

nice goal

I think I spent enough time with the demo already to say this is the best PES ever. I hope Konami does not change much from the demo except the refs

what shooting setting is best or does everyone use?

I use basic but use support level off for passing

Level Support off
shooting and thru ball set to default
game speed default (I was playing -1 but switched back to default because players respond better)

Stevee, try Advanced its a nice blend of assisted and manual. I like manual shooting though.

OK I tried Advanced and it's not bad but on high shots I hit the cross bar a lot. Is there a secret in Advanced shooting without hitting the cross bar or over often?

with that said.. I do like how I can do low shot on headers off crosses with ease on advanced shooting

I tried manual only once or twice and scored a few goals but I don't use manual all the time yet because I miss the entire goal to much still.. I might just need to practice with it.

I was just curious how everyone feels about the different shooting types and what everyone likes using?

with advanced and even manual the whole left stick becomes playable, like pushing slightly foward and fully fowards will differ on the height of the shot.

lol learning manual and smashing them wide is all in the love of the game man... i do love the odd spanner shots lol.

If by increasing the fouls the fouling system goes back to 2014 where way after the pass/shot is taken the ref calls the foul I wouldn't want that. Leave is the way it is. No follow thru tackles should be called, where the players falls over well after releasing it.

Stats based sports games are the best. A sports game to me is all about individuality. You need stats to play a huge role for that.

Back
Top Bottom